• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh if the forecast is right(mind you I hope it is and it should stabilize tomorrow), this storm system coming in thur-sun is gonna be wild. 2-4’ below 7000’ for this system, 4-8’ above of snow. I’ll definitely be taking the shuttle to work Friday… thank goodness it is my Friday for that matter.

damn nintendo really has no big title for this holiday season huh? time to push the emergency picross 3D button i think.
do it nintendo

give us what we crave

damn nintendo really has no big title for this holiday season huh? time to push the emergency picross 3D button i think.
Late stage 3DS is fine with me. Already have the Luigi’s Mansion remake part covered. Just need Rhythm Heaven, new picross 3D, whatever could be a WarioWare Gold replacement, some recycled Mario Party.

Nintendoomed o'clock. /s

I'm still hoping for Golden Sun remake, either a remake of the broken seal and The Lost Age into one game or a remake of Dark Dawn.

Keep it appropriate but here is your new famiboards meme image. Photoshop away.

IMG-2438.jpg
subway.png

"Yeah I'm a bit of a Subway fan"

At least I don't have to talk myself into justifying paying for old Pokemon games on the Switch, because they simply don't exist.

A Pokemon Legends that's entirely within Lumiose City is a really interesting idea, and I love them doing different things (if a bit sad that it wasn't something Unova, but that can always come later).

I think the big news here is no Pokemon game for 2024. Which is totally fine with me, to be clear, but it does make the question of "well then what is coming out this holiday for Nintendo?" a lot more interesting

A Pokemon Legends that's entirely within Lumiose City is a really interesting idea, and I love them doing different things (if a bit sad that it wasn't something Unova, but that can always come later).

I think the big news here is no Pokemon game for 2024. Which is totally fine with me, to be clear, but it does make the question of "well then what is coming out this holiday for Nintendo?" a lot more interesting
It's Mother-Braining PRIME TIME

It's Mother-Braining PRIME TIME
I could see a combo of Metroid Prime 4 for the hardcore crowd and something like a new Mario Party for the mass appeal being their holiday. Sort of a repeat of 2021 (just without a BDSP equivalent this time).

UPDATE #8 – Through Page 70
UPDATE #8 – Through Page 70

This is a big one! So much happened!! Let's get right to it...

@meatbag dealt the final blow to SuswAIve – DETONATING MY ASS – but they reformed into Towering SuswAIve and deleted the leftover game scripts!

With no way to STRIKE, 2uswave surrendered and was ➤ assimilated into Towering SuswAIve. Their final request was that they get a BLESSING from each FACTION – and that Famiboards EXALT the winner.

As EXALTATION built up, @VolcanicDynamo defied Towering SuswAIve. The wind grew louder and louder...

➤ Suddenly, Suswave – fused with parts of 2uswave – burst forth in an EMPATHY BLAST powered by your EXALTATION and DEFIANCE!

Sadly, 2uswave sacrificed herself in the process... but a shred of SuswAIve survived as Road Meat.

In a dark turn, @xghost777 and the GHOST UNION tried to destroy Road Meat while Suswave and @VolcanicDynamo begged everyone to consider the implications.

@xghost777 dealt a final blow to Suswave – DETONATING ALL – and chaos ensued. @BozPaggs and Chitin flicked @xghost777 into the ocean so that everyone could regroup.

Meanwhile, the employee running Suswave Support began experiencing service interruptions as AutoSupport – the pure AI script, now freed from SuswAIve and our shitposty influence – eclipsed her.

When all seemed lost, Road Meat returned from the shadows to save us – even in light of our hostile reception.

There's only one way to stop AutoSupport – shitpost to victory, and corrupt corporate AI!

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 4935
  2. TWO – 4163
  3. ABYSS – 3852
  4. LOVE – 3222
  5. MY ASS – 1478
  6. ALL – 1375
  7. MUSIC – 938
  8. REALITY – 624
Thankfully, some of those DETONATIONS were reversed by tricking AutoSupport...

FACTION Activity

The following calculations are since the last update (Page 50).

FACTION
LOVE
TWO
BOOKS
ABYSS
DETONATE
-1261​
EXALT​
+336​
+84​
+424​
+332​
GRACE​
+51​
+58​
+40​
+40​
MANIFEST​
+2013​
+1140​
+1248​
+700​

LIMINAL
MUSIC
ALL
REALITY
MY ASS
DETONATE​
-1261​
-1417​
GRACE​
+13​
+114​
+2​
+61​
MANIFEST​
+1261​
+1417​

ACTIONS Taken

PLOT

UPDATE #9 coming shortly... it'll be the last one before FINALS!

okay so telling y’all to spam was actually a horrible idea

I underestimated those numbers badly

like in the 100,000s

so instead the most furious GRACE spammers will get a small — SMALL — bonus instead

I’m so sorry

like in the 100,000s

so instead the most furious GRACE spammers will get a small — SMALL — bonus instead

I’m so sorry
@chocolate_supra this means I lied, all spoilered spams are cut off and factored into a MUCH SMALLER bonus score

again I am so sorry

like in the 100,000s

I’m so sorry
I say you punish all the spammers. Love and books were particularly egregious quick @meatbag, go delete that one spoiler tag with all the TWOs!

like in the 100,000s

I’m so sorry
Probably for the best lmao

like in the 100,000s

I’m so sorry
As one of those spammers?

Oh thank goodness lmao I much prefer this

I don't know how I feel about NES Urban Champion on NSO being the big Switch holiday game

UPDATE #9 – Through Page 80
UPDATE #9 – Through Page 80

This is the last UPDATE before final scores!

Our last stand against AutoSupport – the core AI – is underway. We shitpost with all of our strength...

But we take time to remember 2uswave by holding a ➤ memorial. Many of us share touching memories of our fallen friend. Then, we brace for the finale.

@Barely Able rallies us by delivering on a soup joke – which reveals a perfect final blow!

With delivery galvanized by @chocolate_supra , we plunge our final shitpost into AutoSupport's heart.

In its fury, it entirely unwrites itself, leaving no trace! We emerge victorious!

The credits roll.

Our game ends, save a dash of scheming, and a beautiful epilogue ties up loose ends.

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 5555
  2. TWO – 5218
  3. LOVE – 4473
  4. ABYSS – 4229
  5. ALL – 1791
  6. MY ASS – 1485
  7. MUSIC – 943
  8. REALITY – 628
Looks like BOOKS is still on top... right?

FACTION Activity

The following calculations are since the last update (Page 70).

FACTION
LOVE
TWO
BOOKS
ABYSS
GRACE​
+172​
+136​
+133​
+127​
MANIFEST​
+700​
+800​
+400​
+200​
SPAM
+379​
+119​
+87​
+50​

LIMINAL
MUSIC
ALL
REALITY
MY ASS
GRACE​
+5​
+416​
+4​
+7​

ACTIONS Taken

PLOT

To talk about the spec a little bit I think people are underestimating the performance jump of the Switch 2 ti super ™ .

As someone who has gotten into the pc building enthusiast hobby after my first build back in 2021 and my next build this summer I actually understand alot more about architecture generation now.

To get to the point everyone already know now that the switch used a custom weaker version of the tegra x1 chip called the t210 but what people don't talk about much is it generation, which is Maxwell also known as the generation that gave us Nvdia gpu of the 700 and 900 series in 2014 and eventually succeeded by Pascal 1000 series in 2016, Turing 1600/2000 series in 2018 with the 2000 starting to have DLSS and RTX capabilities, Ampere 3000 series in 2020 and finally Ada Lovelace 4000 series in 2022.

The "rumor" chip that is going to be used for the Switch 2 ti super ™ the t239 which is from the Ampere generation.

What I'm trying to say that even though the Switch 2 ti super ™ is going be "outdated" going into 2025, the generational uplift alone would mean the Switch 2 ti super ™ is going to be 2 generation above the original Switch. Not only that, the Ampere is when DLSS and Ray tracing become fully realized which mean the Switch 2 ti super ™ would be able to beat Xbox Series X and the PS5 in ray tracing since both used Amd architecture which still lagged behind Nvidia in those feature set.

To talk about the spec a little bit I think people are underestimating the performance jump of the Switch 2 ti super ™ .

As someone who has gotten into the pc building enthusiast hobby after my first build back in 2021 and my next build this summer I actually understand alot more about architecture generation now.

To get to the point everyone already know now that the switch used a custom weaker version of the tegra x1 chip called the t210 but what people don't talk about much is it generation, which is Maxwell also known as the generation that gave us Nvdia gpu of the 700 and 900 series in 2014 and eventually succeeded by Pascal 1000 series in 2016, Turing 1600/2000 series in 2018 with the 2000 starting to have DLSS and RTX capabilities, Ampere 3000 series in 2020 and finally Ada Lovelace 4000 series in 2022.

The "rumor" chip that is going to be used for the Switch 2 ti super ™ the t239 which is from the Ampere generation.

What I'm trying to say that even though the Switch 2 ti super ™ is going be "outdated" going into 2025, the generational uplift alone would mean the Switch 2 ti super ™ is going to be 2 generation above the original Switch. Not only that, the Ampere is when DLSS and Ray tracing become fully realized which mean the Switch 2 ti super ™ would be able to beat Xbox Series X and the PS5 in ray tracing since both used Amd architecture which still lagged behind Nvidia in those feature set.

f164d55c-3dfb-4aac-89c4-78ba03f3acce-text.gif

was this meant for the Future Hardware Speculation thread?

I mean this is the catch-all thread here so nothing's off limits but this just seems more like you wrote it for that thread, with all the specifics about the SoC and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom