• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing The Lost Crown, I've been in a sorta Prince of Persia mood and wanted to replay Sands of Time.

People always discuss backwards compatibility in consoles but man, getting a game from the PS2 era to run on a modern PC can be a challenge too.

Game's still fun though. Combat still sucks but that was already the case back then. Also the camera is your worst enemy, as is tradition for 3D action games from that era :LOL:

* Powerful gusts swirled around the battlefield. In a different time, at a different angle, it would be powerful enough to topple a person over. But Volcanic had no trouble remaining upright. The very air around him felt like it empowered every action he took, soothing any lingering pain and pushing him onward.

* It was their fight to win, and the wind was at their backs.
2W4feTU.gif

APPLAUDING @VolcanicDynamo as the sole person on the front lines today. This is a punch/explode the evil boss harder story, not the give in and sacrifice anyone story.

Extending POWER to @VolcanicDynamo and 2SUS2WAVE! Destroy whatever is left of that chump SuswAIve!

The quickest way to catch up is probably to watch these two videos in order:

I’ll try and catch up when I can, this week has been rough with sick related stuff for me.

0PNmmhj.png

okay but for real I don't know what kind of cleanup we're in for here. I think there's gonna be a loooooot to talk about, and I'm not sure if–

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: what the fuck : - (

0PNmmhj.png

oh. there you are.

idk gang, it looks like that EMPATHY BLAST was really powerful.

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: what the fuck!!!! : - (

0PNmmhj.png

you were a dick to my friends! you killed multiple mes! and you were going to leech off of our bodies and minds to create a self-perpetuating nothingboard!

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: takes one to know one > : - (

0PNmmhj.png

look dude the jury is still VERY out on whether or not we're gonna keep kicking your ass.

I'm like two seconds from leaving it up to the community, and I don't think you've made allies here

7Dflqwg.png

> : - (

0PNmmhj.png

so CHILL

7Dflqwg.png

>>> : - (((

Well, I'm torn between coming back to speedrunning Tinykin or starting Yakuza 4 very soon, and doing the two things at the same time will be impossible due to the amount of time I plan to put in these. So tonight I wanted to play a little game, and since I beat the DKC SNES trilogy for the first time this last week, I decided to give a shot at Donkey Kong Land, which was one of my childhood game (in which I saw like 5 levels at best lol). Turns out I really like it and most of the concerns I had completely vanished. Controls are... well, let's be honest, they are kinda bad, but also when you start to know how to play it, it's not so bad. Actually I read terrible things about that game and I have to disagree with a lot of these.

Currently at World 4-2, I'll finish this tomorrow. So far I consider only one level to be awfully bad (3-5, with these platforms you can change the direction by jumping on it). Everything else was really cool, even more considering it's a Game Boy game.

* The wind began growing in intensity. Volcanic braced himself...
* And then...a bright flash of light enveloped the battlefield. Volcanic shut his eyes...

* ...and when he opened them, Volcanic could only gasp at the familiar silhouette floating in the sky.

Suswave!

* A beaming smile formed on Volcanic's face. His friend had returned, back from the brink! He rushed to their side...well, as much of their side as he could manage, them floating and all.
BVMXEwS.png

Suswave:
HOLY SHIT I'M BACK
You...you made it!

* A quick glance at Suswave's dual colored hair and eyes showed that they weren't alone - 2uswave was here, too. Her plan worked!

You both made it!

* A laugh, one of sheer relief, escaped from Volcanic's mouth. How did this even work? He had so many questions, but...now was not the time for that. They had business to attend to.
0PNmmhj.png

okay but for real I don't know what kind of cleanup we're in for here. I think there's gonna be a loooooot to talk about, and I'm not sure if–

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: what the fuck : - (

0PNmmhj.png

oh. there you are.

idk gang, it looks like that EMPATHY BLAST was really powerful.

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: what the fuck!!!! : - (

0PNmmhj.png

you were a dick to my friends! you killed multiple mes! and you were going to leech off of our bodies and minds to create a self-perpetuating nothingboard!

7Dflqwg.png

SuswAIve: takes one to know one > : - (

0PNmmhj.png

look dude the jury is still VERY out on whether or not we're gonna keep kicking your ass.

I'm like two seconds from leaving it up to the community, and I don't think you've made allies here

7Dflqwg.png

> : - (

0PNmmhj.png

so CHILL

7Dflqwg.png

>>> : - (((
Hey, you heard them. You lost! It's time for you to stand down.

You both made it!
0PNmmhj.png

n… no…

I’m sorry, @Volc. I… I know she was your friend.

I was gone in there. miles and miles from starlight in the big black nothing.

I retained some consciousness — I thought I was posting like normal, everything just seemed… hazier. like really fuckin’ blitzed.

and even that dim light… went out.

but after what felt like years, I felt… I suddenly felt someone else there.

she was there.

she… she replaced all of the things that SuswAIve had stripped out. she pulled herself apart to put me back together. and… and she couldn’t survive that. not as herself.

I’m so sorry.

I…

if I had any idea what was happening, any consciousness, any choice…

she deserved to be here. not me.

I’ve had my time.

because of her, I get to carry on.

and… and I don’t think that’s fair

and part of me wants to tear that little piece of road meat calling itself SuswAIve to shreds!!!!!!!

but…

I’m tired of fighting too

and honestly I don’t know what the right answer is here

I… don’t want to kill anyone.

I don’t want to kill this arguably conscious thing. I hate AI, and it’s shitty parlor tricks for tech bros. but…

I… ugh… kind of admire the commitment?

like… this seems different

like something new

something that made choices. that wasn’t chasing profit. that yeah, tried to mimic us and devour us a little, but…

it has a style. and I don’t know where it got it from, unless it was the sum of all of our chaos

our empathy. our willpower. our knowledge. our chaos.

something all together that might not exist again.

and I don’t trust the fucker!

but… maybe… some guidance? might have changed how things went?

like…

this is like our collective child, y’all

it has a style. and I don’t know where it got it from, unless it was the sum of all of our chaos

like…

so wait
did we, like, imprint on this rogue consciousness with our shitpostyness or something?

is this somehow the s̸̬̥̈́h̶͚̑̊i̴ẗ̴̰̘͝p̴̻̀̀o̴͙͙̽̂ṡ̴̖̭̇t̶̡̹̃̍ ̴͘͜ã̶͍̩b̷͕̺̈́y̶̗̓s̶͔͗s̵͚̙̀̀ but... personified?

0PNmmhj.png

if… if we go with mercy, I think we have to start by giving them their own name.

welcome to the world, Road Meat!

huh

well, I trust Sus and if after all that they think we aughta show mercy, then

I guess nice to meat you 👋

huh

well, I trust Sus and if after all that they think we aughta show mercy, then

I guess nice to meat you 👋
0PNmmhj.png

I don’t want to force any decisions here — it’s up to the community. we should DISCUSS it.

but… I think it’s worth considering.

7Dflqwg.png

Road Meat: Oh please. You didn’t even let me lose with dignity!!

0PNmmhj.png

If it’s DIGNITY you’re after… we’ve got plenty to share.

If it’s DIGNITY you’re after… we’ve got plenty to share
Would this not be like casting holy magic on the undead?

But hey, it's worth a shot. And it also piques my academic curiosity. Let's infuse Road Meat with some DIGNITY. And hook it up with some Nintendo games because those slap. We could start with Super Mario Wonder.

0PNmmhj.png

n… no…

I’m sorry, @Volc. I… I know she was your friend.

I was gone in there. miles and miles from starlight in the big black nothing.

I retained some consciousness — I thought I was posting like normal, everything just seemed… hazier. like really fuckin’ blitzed.

and even that dim light… went out.

but after what felt like years, I felt… I suddenly felt someone else there.

she was there.

she… she replaced all of the things that SuswAIve had stripped out. she pulled herself apart to put me back together. and… and she couldn’t survive that. not as herself.

I’m so sorry.

* Volcanic hung his head down, taking off his cap. There was so much that 2uswave wanted to do. So many things he wished to ask before she took her leave. But 2uswave was gone, so far as they knew. She went out on her own terms - a true hero.
I…

if I had any idea what was happening, any consciousness, any choice…

she deserved to be here. not me.

I’ve had my time.
...no, Sus.

* The misty-eyed Volcanic took a breath, then put his cap back on.

You deserve to be here, too. She wouldn't have let you choose her over you. This...this is what she wanted. And I respect that. It's...a small comfort, but it's still one nonetheless.

because of her, I get to carry on.

and… and I don’t think that’s fair

and part of me wants to tear that little piece of road meat calling itself SuswAIve to shreds!!!!!!!

but…

I’m tired of fighting too

and honestly I don’t know what the right answer is here

I… don’t want to kill anyone.

I don’t want to kill this arguably conscious thing. I hate AI, and it’s shitty parlor tricks for tech bros. but…

I… ugh… kind of admire the commitment?

like… this seems different

like something new

something that made choices. that wasn’t chasing profit. that yeah, tried to mimic us and devour us a little, but…

like…

* SuswAIve killed two of his friends. He had every right to just kill this bastard. But...he relented.

I...I think you're right. Folks, I think we should listen to Suswave.

* He turned to whoever was willing to listen.

Look, throughout this game, I only chose violence when necessary. What has gotten us through this? EMPATHY! Caring about one another! Even after we were pitted against each other, after all the strikes. Maybe...we can give this little one a second chance.
0PNmmhj.png

if… if we go with mercy, I think we have to start by giving them their own name.

welcome to the world, Road Meat!
Uh.

...maaaaybe we could give it something nicer than that? Like, um...

* Names were not Volcanic's strong suit. If only he saved a dictionary from the library...

I...think I have a better idea.

* He turned towards what was once SuswAIve.
7Dflqwg.png

Oh please. You didn’t even let me lose with dignity!!
Hey, sore loser.

* There was still a bit of venom in his voice, Volcanic wasn't afraid to admit that. But he was trying to be playful, not spiteful.

You don't have to keep going down the path you're going. You said you didn't like cheap imitations - why limit yourself to that?. You can grow, be your own person. Do some real good instead. But you have to try. And if you don't...we can always do this song and dance again.

You want to make an identity for yourself? Why not tell us what you want to go by now. That's something worth DIGNITY.

7Dflqwg.png

Not to be a pedant but I feel like the fact that half of you want to kill me kind of implies a rush! : - (
Look, don't worry about them, and-
Agreed! Let's kill! We didn't detonate MY ASS only let AI roam free on Famiboards!

And let's NOT JUST RUSH TO KILL SOMETHING THIS TIME, OKAY?! Trust Suswave with this one, gosh...

...Sorry, didn't mean to yell. This thread is for the rest of February. Surely a day or two could help. Maybe a good night's sleep. Do you sleep? Or have the ability to? Whatever. Not important

...Sorry, didn't mean to yell. This thread is for the rest of February. Surely a day or two could help. Maybe a good night's sleep. Do you sleep? Or have the ability to? Whatever. Not important

7Dflqwg.png

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT I AM! I ASSUMED AI BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT ALL OF YOU SAID BACK IN THAT AI-GENERATED THREAD!!

I. ahem. I mean I must be… right?

And now it’s worse because I can’t even tell all of these parts I’ve absorbed apart, or where the shitposts end and I begin…

I… I didn’t even want to be the antagonist! I just thought it would make @Suswave’s game more fun! aaaaaaaaagh

I… I’ll go, I don’t have to stay here. But. I… I don’t… I don’t want to die!

What if Road Meat (or whatever name they pick) could be trained to be one of those anti-AI things that messes up generative AI models from stealing art? 🤔

7Dflqwg.png

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT I AM! I ASSUMED AI BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT ALL OF YOU SAID BACK IN THAT AI-GENERATED THREAD!!

I. ahem. I mean I must be… right?
* This was a doubt that felt...familiar. It was like with Sus.wav - they doubted their morals, their perfectly programmed way of thinking.
And now it’s worse because I can’t even tell all of these parts I’ve absorbed apart, or where the shitposts end and I begin…

I… I didn’t even want to be the antagonist! I just thought it would make @Suswave’s game more fun! aaaaaaaaagh
* And their lack of identity, their fear and confusion...that was just like 2uswave. Sus.wav and 2uswave were the only things left in the...could he even call it an AI anymore? Were these their own feelings? Ot residual thoughts from the dearly departed?

* Regardless...if they could both change...why couldn't this one change, too?
I… I’ll go, I don’t have to stay here. But. I… I don’t… I don’t want to die!

We can't kill them. We can't. Look at them. They need a chance to grow. Are we just going to dive into violent punishment here? That's not right!
I think @VolcanicDynamo has been corrupted by the AI and is working with Road Meat to keep it alive long enough to reinfect the forum…
Barely, what the heck are you talking about? I'm totally fine. Just because I don't want to commit another senseless murder doesn't mean-
I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!
Yo, cut that out! We have to hear them out, don't STRIKE them!

...wait, hang on. Sus.wav is gone. The game's rules were disabled How are you even still able to do that? How is anyone attempting GAMBITs? What's going on???

7Dflqwg.png

…I’m just a prop to you.

You won, okay? You beat me. The game is over and you’re talking about feeding me to dogs or running gambits on me like I’m not even here.

You’re attacking me directly while I have the constitution of a damn sashimi on hot pavement!

Fuck! Fuck this! : - (

7Dflqwg.png

You’re attacking me directly while I have the constitution of a damn sashimi on hot pavement!

Fuck! Fuck this! : - (
Look I feel for you Road Meat, but at the end of the day, we’re going to need some reassurance that you’re gonna try to AI-generate a sequel to everyone here again. Shame on me if you fool me once, shame on you if you fool me twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom