• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay safe Mandos. Hope power comes back for you soon.
It’s back and so is my internet. Work got 7” of snow tho so we’re going be swarming with people, thank goodness I requested a mid mountain lift to lunch even if it’ll be tough skiing as we could see a couple more feet by Wednesday

Been a while since I posted in a general.

I’ve been playing the Mary Skelter trilogy and I’m getting toward the end of of Finale with about 200 hours poured into the trilogy so far. It’s definitely worth checking out if you want a good DRPG series, but not quite on the same level as NIS’s Labyrinth duology.

I’ve also decided to play all the mainline Kirby games available on Switch. Dreamland took me like an hour last night, and Adventure is kind of kicking my butt. It’s my first time really playing this one and I’m really impressed with it. It’s a really cool 8bit action game.

Balatro getting some really good reviews so far; 90% on OC. So excited to play it tomorrow.

Also, this is a reminder that this gem does come out tomorrow if anyone has forgotten lmao

There's been a severe lack of CHAOS lately. We gotta wake up, busters.

I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO
Feels like a lot of people felt kinda burnt out from chaos given the whole Switch 2 delay and whatever happened in the election and with sus.wav and the others 👀

Thought we had kind of a truce until we figure out what to do :D

But if you insist... I STRIKE GAME in the NAME OF ABYSS

Finally things are getting normal over here too. So basically HR decided to fire our manager, and then another guy from my area also decided to left and go live with his girlfriend in Colombia without telling anyone (on the 15th he was like "welp, se you guys I'm leaving). So we've been operating understaffed all February but we finally were able to catch up and now we have someone from another area helping us. So hopefully I'll now have more time for videogames

I’ve been playing the Mary Skelter trilogy and I’m getting toward the end of of Finale with about 200 hours poured into the trilogy so far. It’s definitely worth checking out if you want a good DRPG series, but not quite on the same level as NIS’s Labyrinth duology.
Technically tetralogy since the whole "the future can change the past" makes the OG Mary Skelter (which already had different maps layout) it's own timeline and MS2 expects you to played the original, which I find cool why they implemented the remade OG version with different layouts after finishing 2 so you can see how MS1 changed

I am catching up on everything now but before I do, I just want to reiterate that I fucking love this thread. I wanna bottle it up and drizzle it on some pancakes

I wanna bottle it up and drizzle it on some pancakes
Never thought I would become maple syrup, but here we are

I thought the game was over, haha.
Don't let your guard down. To put it in gaming terms, we're in a cutscene where a QTE can pop up any minute.

The game isn't over. It's just begun.

Though, tbf ,you were acting strange a few pages ago, so maybe you have some memory gaps
I don't think I was even posting a few pages ago lol. Must have missed the ceasefire talks.

Finally things are getting normal over here too. So basically HR decided to fire our manager, and then another guy from my area also decided to left and go live with his girlfriend in Colombia without telling anyone (on the 15th he was like "welp, se you guys I'm leaving). So we've been operating understaffed all February but we finally were able to catch up and now we have someone from another area helping us. So hopefully I'll now have more time for videogames

Technically tetralogy since the whole "the future can change the past" makes the OG Mary Skelter (which already had different maps layout) it's own timeline and MS2 expects you to played the original, which I find cool why they implemented the remade OG version with different layouts after finishing 2 so you can see how MS1 changed
It is interesting to think about, yeah. I’m only playing the Switch releases though, in 2 -> RENightmares -> Finale though. Maybe I’ll play the original version someday but I think what I got is good enough for now lol.

Right now I’m trying to wrap up everyone’s events and overhaul my teams before fighting Finale ch4’s Nightmare. The Salvation tower has taken me like 13 hours so far and I’ve heard the final dungeon is twice as long.

It is interesting to think about, yeah. I’m only playing the Switch releases though, in 2 -> RENightmares -> Finale though. Maybe I’ll play the original version someday but I think what I got is good enough for now lol.

Right now I’m trying to wrap up everyone’s events and overhaul my teams before fighting Finale ch4’s Nightmare. The Salvation tower has taken me like 13 hours so far and I’ve heard the final dungeon is twice as long.
Honestly Vanilla MS is harder and waayyy longer and I wouldn't replay it since they really did a good job on updating it in MS2 (RENightmares is like 50% shorter than the original one). And yeah the final dungeon in Finale is crazy in how long it took to complete

UPDATE #5 – Through Page 40
UPDATE #5 – Through Page 40

Hello! @Suswave Support here to post updates #5 and #6. They were just... sitting there... and I thought they could use a little sprucing up!

Oh... you want me to explain the plot? Um. I can give it a shot!

A BOUNTY on @meatbag lead to Sus.wav – The Game Engine – to impose some harsh restrictions on the game.

This caused substantial fighting between all four Suswaves – leading @Suswave to call for an ELECTION.

New ACTIONS – VOTE and CANDIDATE QUESTION – became available until Friday at midnight.

In GAMBIT news, the phoenix-like nature of the ONE-WINGED HORACE lead to complete chaos, ending with a literal BILLION and one Hori ascending. They seem to have taken off, but four temples were constructed in their honor. The Horse Incinerator has since collapsed.

@Raccoon accidentally created the MY ASS Liminal Faction. MY ASS has suffered considerable damage in the days since.

Bingle, the lovable... dog? ...was added to the ballot as a CANDIDATE.

And 2uswave seems to hidden a message in one of their Candidate Answers.

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 1242
  2. ABYSS – 434
  3. LOVE – 145
  4. TWO – 131
  5. ALL – 300
  6. MUSIC – 96
  7. MY ASS – -124
  8. REALITY – -142
Wow. Looks like a shocking amount of damage was taken!

FACTION Activity

The following calculations are since the last update (Page 30).

FACTION
LOVE
TWO
BOOKS
ABYSS
STRIKE​
-86​
-66​
-22​
-80​
GAMBIT​
+52 -396​
+151 -444​
+524 -172​
+132 -392​
EXALT​
+8​
+14​
+58​
+36​
GRACE​
+113​
+145​
+132​
+109​
MANIFEST​
+200​
+100​

LIMINAL
MUSIC
ALL
REALITY
MY ASS
STRIKE​
-20​
GAMBIT​
-101​
-128​
EXALT​
GRACE​
+24​
+139​
+20​
+21​
MANIFEST​
-7​

GAMBITS

Other ACTIONS

PLOT

Last edited:
Hello! It’s @Suswave Support again! UPDATE #6 will be coming later… still lots to do around the office.

Have a pleasant evening!

1c1f7e25-ed5e-46c0-b011-82de41089a38_text.gif

Any time he went into "good men don't need rules" mode, it was like, oh shit, dude isn't messing around.
considering it’s his debut, his acting is top notch and tennant was a difficult act to follow, so i had zero expectations.

lol david tennant is the tenth doctor, why have i just realised this coincidence?

Took me 33 years to realize the athletic theme in Mario 3 is a remix of the overworld theme. But now I'm here.

(Yeah, I know SMW is all the same song and I even know about the snow and slider themes in Mario 64)

man ubisoft really brought all this mockery about skull and bones on itself with that "AAAA" comment
10 years and hundreds of millions of dollar for a game of which the nicest thing to say about is "there might be a foundation for a fun game here".

Got it going. Can always just add to the timer if I’m worried
IMG_8393.jpg

Well if I’m not super exhausted I’ll just wake up in a hour or two when that happens. When I’m doing a puzzle game or adventure novel on my switch on a chair or couch sometimes I just fall asleep in the middle of it
What is that?

That rules using it out for me unfortunately. But it was interesting to read about your listening strategy, thanks for sharing that.

Spotify would be cool if it
1) Didn't randomly delete albums/decide it does need wifi after all for some albums I've downloaded
2) Integrated my local files as albums and gave me the option to choose what shows up, as opposed to one big playlist
3) Stopped acting that songs like Smoke On the Water - 2024 Mix were new releases and overall heavily improved ease of discovering new music and stopped advertising albums I already have in my library to me
#3 is definitely a big gripe for me. A lot of my problems with Spotify involve not having or outright pay-walling features that should be common for music playing apps. It feels like there's not a lot of freedom while using it.

So sure, we may be having the impending 1-2 punch of the It Direct tomorrow and the actual Partner Direct on Wednesday, but who needs to prepare when you can instead play video games? I, uh, guess that's BOOKS related. Arzette was pretty good! Got in the mood to finally finish playing through all of the Wonder Boy games. Of course, if the rumored Penny's Big Breakaway shadowdrop comes to fruition, I may not have as much time for that as I would hope!

Whenever a Direct is announced I get the urge to stop playing all games just in case a better version of said games gets announced in the Direct, even games with no chance of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom