• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be multiple gameboy games every month. It’s ridiculous at this point.
i know the attention has gone mostly to the expansion pack at this point, but yeah it's beyond ridiculous. basic NSO is still a subscription service they're offering, and one of (if not the biggest) selling points is basically being ignored. i know there's not much left to add to NES and SNES libraries at this point but game boy has like 10 or 20 decent first party games they could easily add.

There should be multiple gameboy games every month. It’s ridiculous at this point.

I get that they want to stretch their content over a longer timeframe and with stuff like N64 it makes sense, even (S)NES I can sorta see... but the Gameboy (Color) library is ridiculously large, even if you discount the obvious Pokemon stuff. There's really no reason to be so stingy with the games.

Like, we're practically drowning in Mario content but they can't even be bothered to put Super Mario Land 1 onto the service? Or the other Wario Land titles?

regular, non expansion pack NSO hasn't received a new game in 105 days...
Can we will some new games into the service? Like...Pokémon games for Pokémon Day? Or, uh. The Game & Watch Gallery games? The Mario sports games? Or some smaller games like Balloon Kid or Mole Mania? How about Super Mario Land for once? Something? Please?

You have no idea how badly I wish I could vote for like a golden retriever or labrador for president this year

or maybe a great pyrenees
They'd probably do better than the humans to be honest

This is the ideal Famiboards

You may not like it, but this is what peak shitposting looks like
100% agreed

GAMBIT: Make Bingle the surprise 5th candidate!
You want to throw Bingle into this?

FoK9Orr_d.webp

I STRIKE LOVE IN THE NAME OF TWO

Just to be clear, I still have that Death Note, yeah?

Well while REALITY is getting reduced to pixels, let's take this chance to regroup House Two.

GAMBIT: SHOPPING SPREE

Let us practice this time-honored form of stress relief. Let's fill the gaping void in our souls with material things! Viva being a consumer!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+2 TWO Base Chaos

Threshold: Only $9.99

Let’s Roll…
D1
3 + D2 1

FAILURE (6/9)

You’re gonna buy so much shit! You’re gonna cram the ever-growing hole in your heart with fucking trash! You’re gonna get high as fuck off that unwrapped plastic smell and streak across the terrace like the eternal flame you fucking are!

…but house TWO is fucking broke! you’ll have to make do with household waste.

3l64Pn3.png

on the plus side, looks like someone left you some pity cash.

…oh. no. it’s just another damn UNO But Worse card.
  • TWO loses Gambit Yeah!s x 8
  • TWO gains GREEN $ CARD
  • TWO can now CRAFT items out of household garbage

I decided to give Dead Cells another go, deleted my old save file and started fresh. My very first run was the best run I've had in the game, by far. Like, almost got to the end with no major upgrades type of run. Had quite a bit of fun!

Then got nothing good and died in the second stage on my next run. I will play more.

Delighted to see Team GameBoy ROMs gaining strength.

I guess Nintendo view F ZERO 99 and its updates as several months of content, but I'm agreed that the halt in GB additions is silly and nonsensical and WHERE'S ME ROMS

Gambit: pancake day armistice brunch

It is (in my timezone) Shrove Tuesday, which means it is (in my culture) pancake day! Let's all chill out and stop launching strikes and gambits and just enjoy whatever kind of pancakes you personally like. (All of them are great, let's not fight over different countries' different recipes and toppings. It's fun to eat what you've loved since you were a kid but it's also fun to try new foods.)
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+4 LOVE Base Empathy

Threshold: 12 (3 Pancakes, 4 Factions)

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 3

FAILURE (8/12)

You're carrying the most delicious-looking stack of pancakes the factions have ever seen. Mouths are watering. People are hovering off the ground. If this doesn't create peace, you think, nothing will.

And then, it happens: the toe of your heavy-duty pancake boot hits a slightly-raised cobblestone in the plaza.

Gone are the dreams. Gone are the pancakes. Freed, like frisbees in a hurricane, they travel the world while you convene with the ground.

BVoknMR.png

The mystery patron strikes again. Another UNO But Worse card... YELLOW PI.

This aimless pun by faceless culprit is the coup de grâce. You're finished. All done.
  • LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 8
  • TWO loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • BOOKS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • LOVE gains a YELLOW PI CARD

I guess Nintendo view F ZERO 99 and its updates as several months of content, but I'm agreed that the halt in GB additions is silly and nonsensical and WHERE'S ME ROMS
I need my Mole Mania god dammit

Golden sunnin', golden eyein'
Expansion pass owners are vibin'
But can base tier gang also eat?
Some Gameboy games sure would be neat
Nintendo, 'tendo, 'tendo help us
Tweet some news on x.com
Cus Spo has got me, got me questioning
Where are the roms?

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+4 LOVE Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 3

FAILURE (8/12)

You're carrying the most delicious-looking stack of pancakes the factions have ever seen. Mouths are watering. People are hovering off the ground. If this doesn't create peace, you think, nothing will.

And then, it happens: the toe of your heavy-duty pancake boot hits a slightly-raised cobblestone in the plaza.

Gone are the dreams. Gone are the pancakes. Freed, like frisbees in a hurricane, they travel the world while you convene with the ground.

BVoknMR.png

This aimless pun by faceless culprit is the coup de grâce. You're finished. All done.
Mmmmmm, transcendental

GAMBIT: Let us build temples honoring the Sephihorses. There's a billion of them and they're gonna need a lot of faith and worshipping.
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+2 TWO Base Chaos

Threshold: 1( billion and )1 Temples?!

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 4

SUCCESS (12/11)

Somehow, broke as shit, house TWO convinces local governments to fund the construction of the HORI TEMPLES.

You don’t get your stretch goals at all — FOUR temples will have to be enough for now!

Your congregation is small. But it doesn’t need to be bigger. Don’t get greedy in the House of the HORSE LORDS.

Now you can communicate to them more directly… but they’re not especially responsive.
  • TWO gains Gambit Yeah!s x 11
  • TWO has constructed HORI TEMPLE x 4

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+4 LOVE Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 3

FAILURE (8/12)

BVoknMR.png

Nooo not the pancakes 😭
[Homer voice]
We have 4 Horse temples and no pancakes, why can't we have 4 pancakes and no horses temples? 😔

Last edited:
I've always disliked the idea of voting in a dog or cat as a politician. How do you know the owner isn't a giant POS? That's who is really being voted in.
In college we didn’t like the candidates for some student government position. We started a campaign for a bottle of Snapple and….it got 3 out of 3. But it was fun. Sort of like having a “none of these candidates” option.

Are you assuming Bingle isn't a sentient, independent dog-beetle who don't need no owner?

In college we didn’t like the candidates for some student government position. We started a campaign for a bottle of Snapple and….it got 3 out of 3. But it was fun. Sort of like having a “none of these candidates” option.
Look I get we're shit posting and it's okay to vote in that scenario to be funny but I'm referring to when dogs get elected to mayor and stuff. That's actual consequences in the real world.

Look I get we're shit posting and it's okay to vote in that scenario to be funny but I'm referring to when dogs get elected to mayor and stuff. That's actual consequences in the real world.
Oh ok. There is a town in Washington that elects an animal for mayor every year…but they by law cannot have a mayor as they aren’t incorporated. It is very bad when people actually do this type of thing.

Have actual dogs been elected where you're from ot in general? That's......... wow.....
Not near me but there are a few towns in the US who elected dogs as mayor for example. Think a cat too. Obviously they're electing the owner but the owner isn't making their policy public. I dislike the notion altogether because it's essentially shit posting in real life but actual consequences.

Not near me but there are a few towns in the US who elected dogs as mayor for example. Think a cat too. Obviously they're electing the owner but the owner isn't making their policy public. I dislike the notion altogether because it's essentially shit posting in real life but actual consequences.
Surely those votes would be considered invalid, right?

Right?

Towns that elect animals for mayor have, like, 20 people living in them, so it's not like Chicago is electing a moose for mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom