• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hate that GenDisc was split from Direct Speculation way back when

Imagine reading the thread and seeing “RESET THE CLOCK” right next to “I STRIKE LOVE in the name of ABYSS”

Just absolute chaos

Kind of want to re-play a Pokemon game on Switch but not sure which: Scarlet - finished this basically entirely, just missing the regional Dex, Arceus - basically the same as Scarlet, Shining Pearl - didn't finish - didn't care for it, really, Sword - finished it and the DLC, probably my least favorite Pokemon game. Won't replay, lol.

Then there's things like Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Snap - haven't played either.

Imagine reading the thread and seeing “RESET THE CLOCK” right next to “I STRIKE LOVE in the name of ABYSS”

Just absolute chaos
Stimmed the ADHD brain like nothing else could have. I got medication for it now, but it's nowhere near as fun.

yes. It's a mistranslation as far as I know.
oooooo okay that’s not bad then, and makes sense! i thought it might have been story related and they wanted it to be more pronounced that aerith definitely felt zack’s presence and she doesn’t like where things are going.

first of all that was beautiful, though i’d be so pissed if it happened to my team
Scare a Milwaukee Bucks fan with this easy Kawhi Leonard jumpscare

kawhi-the-shot.gif

Just absolute chaos
Who would have thought the direct speculation was the tame thread this month too?

I'd love to support baseball but I know jack shit of the sport and it barely lives here in Europe lol

Badge Reveal
Badge Reveal

bD9HG6c.png

Empathy Blaster

For winning with the most points, befriending 2uswave, performing empathy gambits, and dealing the final blow to Towering SuswAIve in the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @VolcanicDynamo

BLUsn0d.png

Angel Incinerator

For winning with a ton of points, striking relentlessly, inadvertently causing an election, and dealing the final blow to SuswAIve in the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @meatbag

CC3kcQK.png

Winning by the BOOKS

For being on the winning faction of the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @EvilChameleon, @hologram, @OTBWY, @NabiscoFelt, @lexony, @MisterSpo, @Pandora, @KilgoreWolfe, @VolcanicDynamo, @SammyJ9, @Legion of Primes, @diakyu, @big lantern ghost, @merp, @AerialAir, @D36, @OctoSplattack, @Darknut85, @Melpomene

uyb1WG3.png

No Cost TWO Great

For being on the other winning faction of the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @Raccoon, @Derachi, @Green_Meeple, @Barely Able, @famicorpse, @komicer, @ngpdrew, @meatbag, @Akoig, @DDark, @SpaceGodzilla, @Ab, @Concernt, @Stilt Village, @grobla123, @BlackthornOrion, @BabyDontHurtMe, @nitroplum

frxkAM6.png

Pillar of LOVE

For having the most points on team LOVE during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @chocolate_supra

LH1NwHA.png

Pillar of TWO

For having the most points on team TWO during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @Barely Able, @meatbag

YLUKoXO.png

Pillar of BOOKS

For having the most points on team BOOKS during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @hologram, @VolcanicDynamo

9Jz9mLT.png

Pillar of ABYSS

For having the most points on team ABYSS during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @BozPaggs

e07DWq5.png

Card Captor

For effectively using the UNO But Worse cards dealt during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @oomoepoo

p8PRkoJ.png

Bingle Buddy

For summoning, befriending, and bonding with Bingle the Dog-Like during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Nm9A1Qs.png

License to Ill

For performing wild feats of musicality during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

hrtJddZ.png

Judas AIscariot

For killing Suswave right after resurrection in the hopes of preventing a third final boss phase – and causing one instead – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @xghost777

rnaJiWc.png

Electioneer

For successfully taking action against meatbag's rampage – thus causing the election – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @D36

Veq6Y7p.png

I Knew Him, Ratio

For having the highest gambit success / failure ratio – 7:1 – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winner: @hologram

J2Pzt21.png

AI Survivor

For participating in the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @xghost777, @WestEgg, @Brofield, @Suswave, @TreIII, @Sadist, @chocolate_supra, @VegiHam, @GJ, @Thorakai, @jtownbdp, @Intoxicate, @shoptroll, @Party Sklar, @slide's, @Samurai Goroh, @TriGen, @N 2 Deep, @ammonite, @Moth, @Raccoon, @Derachi, @Green_Meeple, @Barely Able, @famicorpse, @komicer, @ngpdrew, @meatbag, @Akoig, @DDark, @SpaceGodzilla, @Ab, @Concernt, @Stilt Village, @grobla123, @BlackthornOrion, @BabyDontHurtMe, @nitroplum, @EvilChameleon, @hologram, @OTBWY, @NabiscoFelt, @lexony, @MisterSpo, @Pandora, @KilgoreWolfe, @VolcanicDynamo, @SammyJ9, @Legion of Primes, @diakyu, @big lantern ghost, @merp, @AerialAir, @D36, @OctoSplattack, @Darknut85, @Melpomene, @BozPaggs, @Mr_No_U, @Skittzo, @frog, @VorpalNonsense, @AceBandage, @theguy, @oomoepoo, @ZaffoJj, @ProngoLuvr, @Embers, @Yamanoi, @thoughthaver

IMPORTANT – if you think you're supposed to be on any of these and don't see yourself, let me know ASAP!

SNES Chrono Trigger fan here, sometimes mistranslations are just better!!
I've grown up with Claude Moyse translating some of my favourite 90s Nintendo games, I know where you're coming from! They guy turned the fishing hook in Link's Awakening into a bikini top, among others :LOL: (Also I'm lacking context for the FF7 scene, so not judging anyway :)

Also. Those badges look fantastic, @Suswave! Thanks again for doing all this work for a silly monthly discussion thread :)

I'd love to support baseball but I know jack shit of the sport and it barely lives here in Europe lol

If you know cricket this helps with the game part of it. As a fun aside you can see this old Seattle Mariners lineup which I would equate to being something like if a major soccer team tried to trot out a lineup from a division 4 or so levels down and claimed it was capable of winning. This was I think one of the worst offenses in history beyond the 1920s

Badge Reveal

bD9HG6c.png

Empathy Blaster

For winning with the most points, befriending 2uswave, performing empathy gambits, and dealing the final blow to Towering SuswAIve in the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

BLUsn0d.png

Angel Incinerator

For winning with a ton of points, striking relentlessly, inadvertently causing an election, and dealing the final blow to SuswAIve in the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

CC3kcQK.png

Winning by the BOOKS

For being on the winning faction of the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @EvilChameleon, @hologram, @OTBWY, @NabiscoFelt, @lexony, @MisterSpo, @Pandora, @KilgoreWolfe, @VolcanicDynamo, @SammyJ9, @Legion of Primes, @diakyu, @big lantern ghost, @merp, @AerialAir, @D36, @OctoSplattack, @Darknut85, @Melpomene

uyb1WG3.png

No Cost TWO Great

For being on the other winning faction of the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Winners: @Raccoon, @Derachi, @Green_Meeple, @Barely Able, @famicorpse, @komicer, @ngpdrew, @meatbag, @Akoig, @DDark, @SpaceGodzilla, @Ab, @Concernt, @Stilt Village, @grobla123, @BlackthornOrion, @BabyDontHurtMe, @nitroplum

frxkAM6.png

Pillar of LOVE

For having the most points on team LOVE during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

LH1NwHA.png

Pillar of TWO

For having the most points on team TWO during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

YLUKoXO.png

Pillar of BOOKS

For having the most points on team BOOKS during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

9Jz9mLT.png

Pillar of ABYSS

For having the most points on team ABYSS during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

e07DWq5.png

Card Captor

For effectively using the UNO But Worse cards dealt during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

p8PRkoJ.png

Bingle Buddy

For summoning, befriending, and bonding with Bingle the Dog-Like during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Nm9A1Qs.png

License to Ill

For performing wild feats of musicality during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

hrtJddZ.png

Judas AIscariot

For killing Suswave right after resurrection in the hopes of preventing a third final boss phase – and causing one instead – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

rnaJiWc.png

Electioneer

For successfully taking action against meatbag's rampage – thus causing the election – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

Veq6Y7p.png

I Knew Him, Ratio

For having the highest gambit success / failure ratio – 7:1 – during the Nintendo General Discussion |ST29| thread game.

J2Pzt21.png

AI Survivor

Winners: @xghost777, @WestEgg, @Brofield, @Suswave, @TreIII, @Sadist, @chocolate_supra, @VegiHam, @GJ, @Thorakai, @jtownbdp, @Intoxicate, @shoptroll, @Party Sklar, @slide's, @Samurai Goroh, @TriGen, @N 2 Deep, @ammonite, @Moth, @Raccoon, @Derachi, @Green_Meeple, @Barely Able, @famicorpse, @komicer, @ngpdrew, @meatbag, @Akoig, @DDark, @SpaceGodzilla, @Ab, @Concernt, @Stilt Village, @grobla123, @BlackthornOrion, @BabyDontHurtMe, @nitroplum, @EvilChameleon, @hologram, @OTBWY, @NabiscoFelt, @lexony, @MisterSpo, @Pandora, @KilgoreWolfe, @VolcanicDynamo, @SammyJ9, @Legion of Primes, @diakyu, @big lantern ghost, @merp, @AerialAir, @D36, @OctoSplattack, @Darknut85, @Melpomene, @BozPaggs, @Mr_No_U, @Skittzo, @frog, @VorpalNonsense, @AceBandage, @theguy, @oomoepoo, @ZaffoJj, @ProngoLuvr, @Embers, @Yamanoi, @thoughthaver

IMPORTANT – if you think you're supposed to be on any of these and don't see yourself, let me know ASAP!
Does @hologram get a MY ASS badge with a bow on it?

Does @hologram get a MY ASS badge with a bow on it?
I really considered it but @hologram's GAMBIT ratio is more impressive – almost DOUBLE anyone else's!

Plus like I'm not sure the mods would be happy if I made them MY-ASS-centric.

paranoid? maybe. but look buddy – I was there for the fall of the Rex Butt Wall

otherwise @Raccoon would have gotten one for bringing MY ASS into existence

Last edited:
@Suswave did you coordinate with anyone to reward the badges? I think we would need admin to set it up in the system.
Yep – discussed with @WestEgg before the thread!

I should reply to that ticket with all the badges though, thanks for the reminder!

If you know cricket this helps with the game part of it. As a fun aside you can see this old Seattle Mariners lineup which I would equate to being something like if a major soccer team tried to trot out a lineup from a division 4 or so levels down and claimed it was capable of winning. This was I think one of the worst offenses in history beyond the 1920s
Even though I don't know a lot about cricket either it does look like a goid explanation, thanks! Quite a bit similar so soft ball it seems.

But this schedule is crazy crowded, wow:

holiday-pack-schedule.gif

Even though I don't know a lot about cricket either it does look like a goid explanation, thanks! Quite a bit similar so soft ball it seems.

But this schedule is crazy crowded, wow:

holiday-pack-schedule.gif
It's the best part about baseball. Lost tonight? You're more than likely back at it the next night. And the night after that.

Yeah, but imagine the stamina and strength these people need to have to have at least a mostly good season, incredible.
Yeah. The nice thing is you’re looking for series wins since you have a rotation of 5 starting pitchers (usually). So sometimes you’re number 5 gets lined up against a top pitcher. Likely to lose, but the rotation turns to your top flight pitchers and have a better shot. Definitely can be a grind though through the season.

The user went private because apparently they started catching heat from capital-G Gamers™, but I can still see it on my end in my Liked tweets (which was my first in over a year apparently lol):

"You are spineless and create spaces to lift yourself up as a figurehead in games without ever praising the devs that make the medium you say you love. You don't defend them, call no attention to astounding layoffs amidst astounding profits. You are a hollow vessel."

Which was scathing on it's own, but was followed up by the same user with:

"I hope the respect you crave never comes. Lauded only by fickle fanboys and true creators until you can speak out about a single fucking thing that matters. It certainly isn't GameScentAI you deeply unserious and untalented nepo baby."
GOD DAYUM!!!!

bD9HG6c.png

Empathy Blaster

CC3kcQK.png

Winning by the BOOKS

YLUKoXO.png

Pillar of BOOKS

J2Pzt21.png

AI Survivor

YOU GOT A BADGE!
Empathy Blaster
Winning by the BOOKS
Pillar of BOOKS
AI Survivor

02/28/2024
I'll wear my new treasures with pride. Wait, why am I feeling a sense of déjà vu?

Thanks for making some really sick badges, Sus! "Judas AIscariot" sent me for a ride, I love it lol.

I didn't know not having a favorite sports team was like, a perk lol
Sure it is!

When your team loses you feel bad and it suuuucks.

I’m a Feyenoord fan, which for the past 2,5 years has been great. But there are years where… well.. things weren’t great. And as a fan it hurts like hell

Badge Reveal

bD9HG6c.png

Empathy Blaster

BLUsn0d.png

Angel Incinerator

CC3kcQK.png

Winning by the BOOKS

uyb1WG3.png

No Cost TWO Great

frxkAM6.png

Pillar of LOVE

LH1NwHA.png

Pillar of TWO

YLUKoXO.png

Pillar of BOOKS

9Jz9mLT.png

Pillar of ABYSS

e07DWq5.png

Card Captor

p8PRkoJ.png

Bingle Buddy

Nm9A1Qs.png

License to Ill

hrtJddZ.png

Judas AIscariot

rnaJiWc.png

Electioneer

Veq6Y7p.png

I Knew Him, Ratio

J2Pzt21.png

AI Survivor

They're glorious! Thank you again for the wonderful game <3

YOU GOT A BADGE!
Empathy Blaster
Winning by the BOOKS
Pillar of BOOKS
AI Survivor

02/28/2024
I'll wear my new treasures with pride. Wait, why am I feeling a sense of déjà vu?

Thanks for making some really sick badges, Sus! "Judas AIscariot" sent me for a ride, I love it lol.
that’s some good déjà vu!!

I wonder if this means you can equip them like Super Mario Bros. Wonder badges…

How does one even put a badge on, lol?
an admin will be adding them to all listed users tonight — and once you have one, you should be able to manage it from your profile!

@Suswave Thank you for an excellent thread. One of the most fun times I had in a while.

My eye is feeling better after the nonsense yesterday. Today I caught a shiny fletchling in scarlet, one of my favorite birds, I named it Kazooie.

One last meme for the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom