• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sinking feeling that an ineveitable counter-strike is inbound.

But that should not deter us from our goal, on the contrary we have to STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF ABYSS or whatever other faction you have while the opportunity is there!

EDIT: Ah well, of course @chocolate_supra was faster than me. He does have to proceed at high velocity after all.😅
Welcome to the next page!

@xghost777: The direct speculation thread is closing now, but you can continue talking about Nintendo in the General Discussion thread :)
General Discussion thread: okay guys let's strategize our cross-faction response to this RPG multiphase boss raid against a rogue AI who wants to replace the forum with generative posters; destroying all human originality in the process; I strike SuswAIve in the name of love!

@xghost777: The direct speculation thread is closing now, but you can continue talking about Nintendo in the General Discussion thread :)
General Discussion thread: okay guys let's strategize our cross-faction response to this RPG multiphase boss raid against a rogue AI who wants to replace the forum with generative posters; destroying all human originality in the process; I strike SuswAIve in the name of love!
also, puppies!!

The duality of Fami.

I'm eagerly awaiting the update. Depending on how much DIGNITY the liminal factions are at, we could be on the cusp of victory!

i have come to announce that these will be my lurking grounds for the time being as the direct speculation thread is GONE…

That’s all imma go back to Penny’s and Mameda Bakeru teehee

Y'all wanna know my silliest pet peeve of the Direct?

The sequel to Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights is called Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist.

Why the new flower and subtitles? Is it the Ender Lilies series? Fine, keep the subtitles, even if they are a bit of a mouthful. Is it the Ender series? Great! The games can be Ender Lilies and Ender Magnolia, no subtitles required.

Why the hell is it both?

Uh, while I'm here, I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS, I guess.

This is going to be a light year for new game releases I tell myself as I recognize that there are 3 games I'm interesting in coming out within a month of each other.

Y'all wanna know my silliest pet peeve of the Direct?

The sequel to Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights is called Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist.

Why the new flower and subtitles? Is it the Ender Lilies series? Fine, keep the subtitles, even if they are a bit of a mouthful. Is it the Ender series? Great! The games can be Ender Lilies and Ender Magnolia, no subtitles required.

Why the hell is it both?

Uh, while I'm here, I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS, I guess.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Bravely Second: End Layer
Bravely Default II

Sony & MS: we're going third party/multiplat but we're still going to make hardware

Sega: wait, you can do that?

tXgNLjl.jpg

I can't believe I missed the x7 striking party. Curse thy mortal flesh and its craving for sleep!

I shall await the next update before running wild again.

So, what is the gameplay in the Endless Ocean games? You just chill on the ocean or do the sea creatures kill you? Like, it could be a fun chill game but if there's like scary things on it I'd NOPE right away haha.

Sony & MS: we're going third party/multiplat but we're still going to make hardware

Sega: wait, you can do that?

tXgNLjl.jpg
See the problem though is if Sega had done that then I woulda kept on buying their consoles but they decided a looooong time ago that they don't like my money

Snufkin, Monkey Ball, Denpa Men... pretty cool
Pocket Card Jockey, Fantasy Life, Pentiment, and Endless Ocean too. Some nice variety

Has there been a Nintendo Direct or Indie Direct yet?

Did I miss anything in the past couple weeks in that vein?

See the problem though is if Sega had done that then I woulda kept on buying their consoles but they decided a looooong time ago that they don't like my money
Ok, I was just thinking how awesome the VMU would be 25 years on…and that got me thinking. Nintendo should be leveraging that NSO phone app so hard. Like every game should have stuff that you are doing on the side when not playing the real game. Or even concurrent stuff where you have to go back and forth. Could be modern day VMU stuff.

Ok, I was just thinking how awesome the VMU would be 25 years on…and that got me thinking. Nintendo should be leveraging that NSO phone app so hard. Like every game should have stuff that you are doing on the side when not playing the real game. Or even concurrent stuff where you have to go back and forth. Could be modern day VMU stuff.
I'm seriously baffled that Sonic Team haven't brought back the Chao Gardens in a way that integrated with a phone app. Frontiers seemed primed for that but they did those little stone guys instead (they so shoulda been Chao, especially since.. story implications in the game) and the fans are left just continuing to beg for Chao. I don't understand.

On one hand I like the idea of minigames/side content integrated into phone apps, so you don't have to boot up your system just to feed your virtual pets or something.

On the other hand, do I really need more timesinks and do I trust companies not to Skinner Box the hell out of these apps?

UPDATE #7 — Through Page 60
UPDATE #7 – Through Page 60

Suswave Support reporting live from the showdown! It’s been a wild ten pages, so let’s get to it!

The ominous ???????? DIRECT finally aired, unmasking ████████ as SuswAIve!

Turns out they're unraveling all of us to build an AI forum called FamAIboards!!

All seemed lost... but 2uswave returned just in time – cutting an opening in SuswAIve so that Sus.wav could process our ACTIONS.

We're doing everything we can to take SuswAIve down! But... can we?

...totally! we're doing great!

A GAMBIT by @hologram exposed a new ACTIONDETONATE. LIMINAL FACTIONS can be launched against SuswAIve!

But... Sus.wav had to set off one of the DETONATIONS manually, dying in the process.

We also discovered 2uswave's EMPATHY BLADE – and built up +336 CHARGE... x4 (Sus v. Sus RIVALRY) for -1344 DAMAGE.

Oh, and @hologram also washed MY ASS!

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 3213
  2. TWO – 2871
  3. ABYSS – 2780
  4. LOVE – 2063
  5. MY ASS – 1417
  6. ALL – 1261
  7. MUSIC – 925
  8. REALITY – 622
Lots of big shakeups this week!

FACTION Activity

The following calculations are since the last update (Page 50).

FACTION
LOVE
TWO
BOOKS
ABYSS
STRIKE​
+693​
+1518​
+1147​
+970​
GAMBIT​
+1195 -385​
+940 -80​
+1460 -1280​
+1120 -90​
EXALT​
+66​
+62​
+128​
+80​
GRACE​
+120​
+110​
+114​
+105​
MANIFEST​
+200​
+200​
+200​
+200​

LIMINAL
MUSIC
ALL
REALITY
MY ASS
STRIKE​
GAMBIT​
+620 -60​
+620 -60​
+540​
+1231 -40​
EXALT​
GRACE​
+61​
+110​
+20​
+49​
MANIFEST​
+200​
+200​
+200​
+300​

BOSS HP
  • START – 9652 HP
  • STRIKES – -4382 HP
  • GAMBITS – -446 HP
  • DETONATION – -3396 HP
  • BLADE – -1344 HP

• REMAINING – 138 HP
WOW. HOLY SHIT. Y'ALL, we're doing it!! We're almost there!! DETONATE something!!

GAMBITS

Other ACTIONS

PLOT

Last edited:
In what I’m desperately hoping is the final level of crash 4. Haven’t seen a successor that missed the memo of what made the originals great since Yooka Laylee

Oh darn, SuswAIve is on the ropes! We better be careful with our resources. We don't know what else is in stor-
Well damn let's end this!

DETONATE MY ASS! It has to be the ass because that is where shitposts come from!

...or you can blow up MY ASS. Sure. This better not bite us in the ass...

No worries! We won't run out of opportunities for violence!

Like right now. I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF TWO
Sure, why not. I EXALT meatbag of TWO in the name of BOOKS. Your strikes ended up proving invaluable. Never change your chaotic energy, bud.

Is there even any damage left to deal? To be safe...I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

Well damn let's end this!

DETONATE MY ASS! It has to be the ass because that is where shitposts come from!
MY ASS has been detonated! I hope someone remembered to remove my bow first, that was expensive

YOU DETONATE MY ASS

YOU DEAL THE FINAL BLOW

ek1ZX8y.png

SuswAIve: Oh. : - |

That was quick. : - |

You... made your point, I guess...

( SUSWAIVE's body begins to fall apart, piece by piece. )

That's... too bad. : - (

( Suddenly, a mysterious tension snaps through the air. )

I would have liked to finish my work. : - (

( The chunks of metal and meat begin swirling back upward. )

But instead it looks like I'll have to finish you. : - )

Good thing that wasn't even my final form...

rD4jdcc.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah. Just in time to witness shit blowing up in suswAIve's face :LOL:

But weren't we supposed to try and rescue suswave when suswaAIve's weakened enough? Couldn't there be some negative consequences if we go all out now?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, Phase 2

an-shit.gif

s0jlVBp.jpeg

Towering SuswAIve: Ahhhh... legroom. : - )

Oh! And I found those remaining Sus.wav scripts!

DELETE : - )

That's much better. : - )

Now, your ACTIONS mean nothing. : - )

You can't touch me. : - )

GooooOOOOOD LUCK, EVERYONE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Shit! suswAIve has entered stage two of the final battle!

Time to put our heads together on this one. Maybe we need to edify Towering suswAIve since our actions can’t do anything. Our spirit can!

I EDIFY Towering SuswAIve in the name of TWO!

worth a shot

A second phase. A final boss always has to have a second phase. But that's okay. We beat you once, and we'll beat you again. I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of-
s0jlVBp.jpeg

Towering SuswAIve: Ahhhh... legroom. : - )

Oh! And I found those remaining Sus.wav scripts!

DELETE : - )

That's much better. : - )

Now, your ACTIONS mean nothing. : - )

You can't touch me. : - )

GooooOOOOOD LUCK, EVERYONE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No way! I STRI-III1II1-

...huh? I STRI111AIEIAHFJW-

G-GAMBIIIIIIII11BFHQJBDJQALCRAA-

* SuswAIve was not lying. None of the ACTIONs worked. Trying to even say one was causing Volcanic to glitch out.

Shit...shit! There's gotta be something we can do, right? 2us...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom