• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAMBIT: shoptroll PRAYS for suswave in the name of LOVE

(That's what one does at this time right?)

And the cinnamon roll Oreos.
If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they've got these Cinnamon Bun Joe-Joes that are quite tasty...

it's fucken wimdy in here
Yea, it got real JRPG up in here all of a sudden

Well... at least suswAIve isn't Apex, the all consuming AI, from Android: Netrunner...

... I think?

like if thomas pynchon wrote steven king
Play more Mother-likes such as OFF :)

Clearly we need a Game Shark now
Or CHEAT ENGINE

You look at your scanner… but all you see is : - )
@chocolate_supra I wish I had been around to tell you this was a bad idea. I tried this a couple weeks ago to no avail :(

The rest of Famiboards:
whoooaa Pyoro is leaking all the thingsss!!!

General Discussion:
56-LP_CT_-_5-25-07_--_087.png
I knew I could count on you to make a Squaresoft reference in my absence :)

Sharing is caring! We of the BOOKS faction have been blessed with prosperity and luck, but in times of need what good is there in hoarding wealth? I invite all other factions over for a dignified, civilized dinner party. And I mean all: LOVE, TWO, ABYSS, ALL, MUSIC, REALITY, and the beloved MY ASS. Even GAME is invited, although I've long given up on them showing up to any of my parties.

But I have an ulterior motive. I aim not to just share some of our wealth, but our DIGNITY.

GAMBIT: After the meal, I stand up to give a toast. I immediately stumble over my words, spill my drink on myself, and smash my plate, and then somehow my pants fall down. Surely seeing how much buffoonery lies within the BOOKS faction will cause the other factions to realize how much DIGNITY they already secretly possessed?

Nintendo has the audacity to think I'm going to wake up extra early just to watch their direct

I mean they're right but that's beside the point
I'll be up, but I'll just wait for someone to post the usual image with all the logos on it.

Can I put in a tentative claim for ST34 / August? I have some ideas and hopefully I don't get sick this time. Although it's really going to depend on how things are going at work, but I should have a clear idea by June/July if I'll be able to host.

Nintendo has the audacity to think I'm going to wake up extra early just to watch their direct
Having to run my team's daily standup meeting tomorrow is going to suuuuckkkkk. But I look forward to checking out the headlines after!

Hey does anyone else remember the old Shoutcast stream “Monkey Radio”?

I realized yesterday why some of the Samurai Champloo soundtrack sounded familiar: turns out a number of songs on the first album were staples in their rotation and I had no idea that’s where they were from.

That stream has been dead for years now and it was like recalling an old memory I hadn’t thought about in a long time when I figured it out.

What's a penultimate battle with some kickass theme MUSIC?

SuswAIve is out and blocks the way, yeah
No time for fear, just let it ALL fall away
(It will all fall away)

Everyone believes in LOVE and BOOKS
And even ABYSS and TWO
So what if we're at the end of our rope
We've got each other, we'll persevere!

Kick AI ass and take the plunge
Running through TWO dimensions
Don't get scared, this GAME ends soon
We'll lead the way

Let's break free of REALITY
Break free of our inhibitions
We'll take OUR ASSES straight to the goal
We'll grab the dub together, the fireworks are gonna start

Screw algorithms, we're running free, yeah
Show this AI bastard human ingenuity

Playing this GAMBIT for us all
And no one can stop us now
We'll have this rocking theme song playing
And our stats will get buffed somehow!

Rise up and fight, my newfound friends
We're not gonna let this be the end
TWO and LOVE, BOOKS and ABYSS
It's time to slay (It's time to slay)

Oh SuswAIve is a buffoon, there's no contest
Human soul will remain the best
AI could never shitpost this fine
So let's STRIKE SuswAIve down, let Famiboards really shine

Everyone believes in LOVE and BOOKS
And even ABYSS and TWO
So what if we're at the end of our rope
We're stomping this fight and get the clear!

Kick AI ass and take the plunge
Destroy its machinations
Never fear, this GAME ends soon
We'll lead the way

Let's break free of REALITY
Break free of our inhibitions
We'll take OUR ASSES straight to the goal
We'll grab the dub together, the fireworks are gonna start

In that case...

For too long, MY ASS has suffered from indignity. Sure, it farts. And yes, sometimes it smells a bit! But does that make it any less deserving of dignity?

GAMBIT: I wash MY ASS, gently dry it, and place a lovely bow on it.
You make MY ASS beautiful, sparkling, squeaky clean. The beautiful bow ties it all together.

Thank you for taking care of MY ASS!
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • MY ASS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 20
  • MY ASS gains a +100 Bow Bonus... a Bownus...
Hell yeah, I cleaned MY ASS and now we can detonate it lol

(I think we should probably hold off on that a bit longer)
Fh2E4VfWIAE6l62.jpg

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+2 ABYSS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 12

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 2

FAILURE (9/12)

You raid all the BOOKS in house BOOKS. Every single one of them. But you didn’t wash your hands!!

The literal BOOKS get infested by ABYSSAL silverfish… and get chewed into impossible four-dimensional shapes!

so much for answers…
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • BOOKS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 20
  • Library Inscrutable
  • Abyssal Silverfish Infestation
  • You Don’t Know the Rules… and So Do I
Ah well. It was worth a try. Sorry for the Silverfish, guess now BOOKS has their own plague, just like TWO :LOL:

I wouldn't say I'm super excited for the Partner Showcase, yet I can already feel my attention slipping and starting to dwell on it. Nerds will be nerds.

Going to try and hit the BOOKS, and while we're at it, have a STRIKE, SuswAIve, in the name of TWO!

Formally inviting @big lantern ghost to join the GHOST Union. This will be helpful in taking down the big World Boss we got going right now.
🫡 Reporting for duty! And to assure you I've fully turned heel from BOOKS, I've brought a little gift:
dNe4Ydu.jpeg

GAMBIT
I weigh down the gas pedal of my Book Burning Mobile with a Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive and send it careening straight for SuswAIve!

🫡 Reporting for duty! And to assure you I've fully turned heel from BOOKS, I've brought a little gift:
dNe4Ydu.jpeg

GAMBIT
I weigh down the gas pedal of my Book Burning Mobile with a Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive and send it careening straight for SuswAIve!
Heck yeah! Glad to have you BLG :) With our powers combined SuswAive is going down :)

This crow is a better artist than any robot/bundle of scripts could ever hope to be. I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF ABYSS (AND CROWS)

Ok who of you STRIKE'd Thomas Tuchel for Bayern München to lay him off at the end of the season?

Because whoever did that get's a virtual cookie from me, i'm laughing my ass off so hard.

Ok who of you STRIKE'd Thomas Tuchel for Bayern München to lay him off at the end of the season?

Because whoever did that get's a virtual cookie from me, i'm laughing my ass off so hard.
That didn't last long, did it?
Does that mean he's going to be Nationaltrainer next once Nagelsmann doesn't want anymore? :LOL:

That didn't last long, did it?
Does that mean he's going to be Nationaltrainer next once Nagelsmann doesn't want anymore? :LOL:

It's so delicious, this whole situation. How they fucked over Nagelsmann just to get him, for him to fail like this, for the scoffs Bayern gets. DELICIOUS

Also, Tuchel can stay away from the National team. I want the DFB to drop enough money on Nagelsmann to do it until Kloppo's finally in the mood for a trainer job again.

Procrastinating and saw Splatoon 3's expansion pass for £17 on CD Keys; luckily it's out of stock (somehow?) so I won't be adding yet another thing to The Pile just yet (Bayonetta Origins just arrived).

To be fair, I've knocked 5 things off The Pile so far this year, finally started Baldur's Gate 3, and only added er, 3 things (Prince of Persia, Chants of Sennaar, Bayonetta Origins).

20 minutes until the Nintendo Partner Showcase and we plunge into the ABYSS!

I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF TWO

(Look, you removed the restrictions. You should expect me to be like this)

Yoooooo Inti Creates is making a Battle Network-alike:

How can there be an embargo for a released game?
Wait, it actually became a game?
What they said ☝️ I had no idea it actually released

March looking kind of stacked with games after this partner direct - I'm good for quite some time going forward.

That was honestly a pretty good Direct! I'm thinking about getting Penny's Big Breakaway. I still have quite a few in my active backlog, but I haven't had the drive to play lately, and a 3D platformer that seems to have impeccable gamefeel and mechanics might just be the thing to get me back into the groove.

And regarding that other GAME I've been playing...

I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF TWO

@meatbag leading the charge against the real enemy now 😎

I EXALT meatbag of TWO in the name of LOVE for their boundless energy and dedication to the art of striking!!

Excellent direct! I need this so bad
GG3dWOHawAAWz7v.png

Also curious to see what G-Witch’s leads/mains get designated as and if we’re half 1 only suit wise..: if we get anything past Aerial. Would love the Demi’s and Daril Blade myself

Surprised about Kingdom Come: Deliverance coming to Switch though.

Excellent direct! I need this so bad
GG3dWOHawAAWz7v.png

Also curious to see what G-Witch’s leads/mains get designated as and if we’re half 1 only suit wise..: if we get anything past Aerial. Would love the Demi’s and Daril Blade myself

Oh yeah, looking forward to this too.

This Direct was more than fine for me I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom