• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just meant in general - there's more than a fair few people who it didn't work for. I promise I wasn't calling you out in particular :p
tenor.gif

I googled "Sephiroth horse" to shitpost and immediately regretted my actions. Truly a product of the ABYSS

For what it's worth I liked 30 Rock, Community and Parks and Rec! And my Youtube feed knows it.

I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO
I’m now ready to battle my arch rival, Cloud Frog

image0.jpg

I googled "Sephiroth horse" to shitpost and immediately regretted my actions. Truly a product of the ABYSS
HEY! We have nothing to do with that... creature! You can't just blame ABYSS for every abomination that people bring into the world!

Especially when it's clearly an avatar of TWO.

I STRIKE TWO IN THE NAME OF ABYSS

You can't just blame ABYSS for every abomination that people bring into the world!

tenor.gif

The ABYSS is obviously the primordial soup for ALL maladies and monsters! We present this ancient TOME as evidence!

VeIF4tV_d.webp

See those monsters emerging from the black VOID! Utterly terrifying.

We cannot let your House run rampant. I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO

The ABYSS is obviously the primordial soup for ALL maladies and monsters! We present this ancient TOME as evidence!

VeIF4tV_d.webp

See those monsters emerging from the black VOID! Utterly terrifying.

We cannot let your House run rampant. I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO
Okay, I can't dismiss the obvious evidence, even though I have to question how you got your hands on classified documents.

However, we bound "Horrace" to its mortal shell and tried to warn you people about messing with things beyond your control and understanding! I blame LOVE for unleashing this new eldritch abomination on the world.

I STRIKE LOVE in the name of ABYSS

Morning. Ankles still tender but may try to hit the fitness center today. Otherwise plenty of game and anime time

yo, wth. i just found the metroids and everything went dark and i died. now i have to do that whole ass thing again?! why is there no auto save feature mannnn

yo, wth. i just found the metroids and everything went dark and i died. now i have to do that whole ass thing again?! why is there no auto save feature mannnn
Sympathy yeah!
Lack of autosave can make this game a bit frustrating I guess. Especially when the last save station was somewhere in the middle of nowhere 🤣

@Skittzo don’t think we’ve interacted since the Macdonald hire. Too bad the ravens shit the bed but glad it was to the Seahawks benefit at least. Also congrats on getting out from the terrible Angelos ownership for the orioles
Thanks, definitely excited about the Orioles news. I think Zach Orr will be a really good DC too (so he'll be gone next year too) but yeah you're getting a great coach with Mike McDonald. The players gush about that guy.

Metroid Prime still has a bit of the old 'part of the challenge is making it to through to the next save point, and the penalty for failing is doing it all over again' mentality that has kind of fallen off in popularity these days. The part you're at, and then one later one in particular is kind of notorious for it.

Whenever I see people talking about Elden Ring I wish I could enjoy soulslike games. But I've tried Dark Souls remastered on the switch and did not get into it.

Metroid Prime still has a bit of the old 'part of the challenge is making it to through to the next save point, and the penalty for failing is doing it all over again' mentality that has kind of fallen off in popularity these days.
Like high scores in Mario platformers, that's a relic of the early days of arcade gaming and isn't needed nowadays IMO.

Like high scores in Mario platformers, that's a relic of the early days of arcade gaming and isn't needed nowadays IMO.
I think it still has some good specific use cases - mostly in dungeon crawlers, where the whole idea of using your resources wisely and then bailing out to go heal up and it being more of a risk/reward system is the whole point of the gameplay. 'Attrition-based' games, I guess you could say. But in general I agree that it doesn't fit into nearly as many games anymore these days.

I think it still has some good specific use cases - mostly in dungeon crawlers, where the whole idea of using your resources wisely and then bailing out to go heal up and it being more of a risk/reward system is the whole point of the gameplay. 'Attrition-based' games, I guess you could say. But in general I agree that it doesn't fit into nearly as many games anymore these days.
Yeah, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a balance between "use save points as a precious resource" vs. "autosave every five seconds". It's just particularly annoying in Metroid because IMO it's easy to get lost and screw yourself as a result. I punted on Metroid Prime 3 because I got stuck at one point and the nearest save spot (that I knew of) was a 20+ minute schlep across the map...

Whenever I see people talking about Elden Ring I wish I could enjoy soulslike games. But I've tried Dark Souls remastered on the switch and did not get into it.
Even though thete is shared dna, Elden Ring and Bloodborne do offer a gameplay alternative to the Dark Souls-series, so you might like those.

UPDATE #4 – Through Page 30
UPDATE #4 – Through Page 30

Wow, things are really getting wild! The biggest headline this UPDATE is the revelation of FOUR SUSWAVES.

naS69Uf.png
66g4UmO.png
k7RGFi1.png
D6XilXH.png

After a drastic potato slowdown, 2uswave broke their silence... with Bingle Karaoke!

████████ held a Q&A to clarify their motives, implicated @VolcanicDynamo in their project, and hijacked 2uswave's follow-up video. Things got messy.

@VorpalNonsense of the Old Gods came to visit – and so did the moon! but @chocolate_supra broke the rules... resulting in a giant polymorphic Mirror Bingle on the loose.

A chaotic GAMBIT exposed the Game Engine — another layer operating within @Suswave’s account.

The ABYSS drew some cards — and 2uswave left a message on one by manipulating the printer. In a final desperate plea, they begged the thread to KILL SUSWAVE. ████████ returned, insisting they had always been right about 2uswave’s motives.

@meatbag EXALTED a user at the last possible second to prevent massive damage from a failed GAMBIT!

A Horse Incinerator has been activated, which burned MC Horace alive… but he came back in terror and glory as One-Winged Horace.

And finally, the Game Engine stepped in to moderate 2uswave and ████████’s feud, introducing themselves as Sus.wav and giving all four @Suswave parties a chance to introduce themselves.

Reminder: PRIZES & RIVALRY

You stand to win lots from this absurd little game. Plus, last UPDATE's increased RIVALRY is carrying forward.

• Winning FACTION – Original Custom Badge
  • ████ ██████ – Original Custom Badge
  • Pillar of LOVE – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of TWO – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of BOOKS – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of ABYSS – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • The Ascendant (MVP) – $50 eShop Gift Card
  • Base RIVALRY is at x2
  • True RIVALRIES are at x4

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 522
  2. ABYSS – 519
  3. LOVE – 454
  4. TWO – 321
  5. ALL – 161
  6. MUSIC – 72
  7. REALITY – -61
BOOKS pulls ahead while LOVE and TWO keep getting ground to dust! REALITY... is not in great shape.

Poll Votes x 10 = Initial DIGNITY
  • LOVE – 14
  • TWO – 16
  • BOOKS – 17
  • ABYSS – 9
The following calculations are since the last update (Page 20).

STRIKES
  • LOVE suffered -110
  • TWO suffered -24
  • BOOKS suffered -26
  • ABYSS suffered -74

GAMBITS
  • LOVE gained +203 • suffered -186
  • TWO gained +110 • suffered -230
  • BOOKS gained +125 • suffered -66
  • ABYSS gained +129 • suffered -102
  • REALITY suffered -66

EXALTATIONSNew ACTION!
  • LOVE gained +44
  • TWO gained +60
  • BOOKS gained +32
  • ABYSS gained +16

CARDS
  • TWO played Draw 4 at ABYSS
  • ABYSS drew four cards
GRACE
  • LOVE gained +106
  • TWO gained +149
  • BOOKS gained +77
  • ABYSS gained +132
  • MUSIC gained +10
  • ALL gained +74
  • REALITY gained +5
MANIFESTATION

PLOT

So much happening! With Sus.wav imposing new order, maybe we'll have a calmer week. Possibly even a Direct? Who knows!

Last edited:
Even though thete is shared dna, Elden Ring and Bloodborne do offer a gameplay alternative to the Dark Souls-series, so you might like those.
Since Sony will probably never release BB outside of PS consoles, I'll probably won't be able to try it.
ER if released on Switch 2 I'd probably only try if it had some demo or someone to lend it to me, otherwise I would not spend money just for the possibility of liking.

So much happening! With Sus.wav imposing new order, maybe we'll have a calmer week. Possibly even a Direct? Who knows!
If the ultimate agent of order is able to bring about the Chaos of a Nintendo Direct, regardless of what form it takes, then that'd be an...interesting time.

I accidentally started up Black Clover after resubbing for a year on Crunchy Roll and it's quite enjoyable!

For some reason I can never remember the plot of The Conjuring movies. Like I've seen every single movie in the series, I just couldn't tell you what happens in any of them.

For some reason I can never remember the plot of The Conjuring movies. Like I've seen every single movie in the series, I just couldn't tell you what happens in any of them.
What happens is people conjure

just like how I conjure this STRIKE against ABYSS in the name of LOVE!!

But unfortunately, Mr_No_U probably won't remember my STRIKE against his faction

...you are gonna have to tell me how you came up with this, because surely this goes beyond a glitch, right?

66g4UmO.png

well, I mean. okay, so you know Audacity? you can load data, like a RAW photoshop document, and turn it into pure sound. and it sounds pretty fucked up!

if you apply audio effects to it, re-export it as RAW data, then load it back into Photoshop… the image has changed!

I know a fair bit about signal processing, and I got a bit carried away… and before I knew it I had written the game scoring engine in Audacity.

as a joke, sure. with simple scripts. but I also tried to put some referee functions in there too. just in case they were needed.

none of it’s AI — it’s pretty rigid, basic loops. but it can search a term and get text from a website — that’s how it scores the game — so I fed in a few search terms about justice and balanced judgment.

with these notions as a kind of backbone, it keeps a metaphorical eye out for tense exchanges when analyzing a page.

It can open an URL, target a section that I’ve specified (the post field), write a post, and publish.

So… my fault! I just didn’t anticipate that it would. a lot of those features aren’t coded to the best of my ability…

Though, uh, maybe less vague commands this time...?

k7RGFi1.png

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗’𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚟𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚎

Sorry, right, I have to type “normal” now. Um.

I would love to explain more! I’m… not sure how to say anything without getting booted.

Let’s… let’s think of something. There must be a way to make it crucial to the game. Right?

I also want to NOMINATE meatbag in the name of me House GHOST the GHOST Union to run ST30 with Raccoon withdrawing yesterday since meatbag hasn’t done one before. As TWO’s most passionate champion and a LOVEr of BOOKS who can channel the ABYSS, it makes sense meatbag can follow this thread up in March and bring unity to all of the factions after the strikes conclude and the battle ends.

66g4UmO.png

I second this nomination! let’s go @meatbag — I believe in you!

god. I wish coffee worked for me. like you really would not believe how tired I’ve been. -_-

...hah, you know, I don't think your PR firm got the memo there.

D6XilXH.png

There’s a difference between a pale imitation and a forward bound. : - )

I think we’d all agree, given the state of Switch discourse.

Either way, I certainly think I’ve proven my… distinct voice here. : - )

Did someone bought FFVI PR?

I’m playing through the game right now for like the 5th time
is there a way to skip the opera? What happens if I do not enter the rich man’s house in Jidoor with Celes/Locke?

Last edited:
OK so I'm going through the Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC right now (as a break from getting the Platinum for the main game) and, I must admit, I've been going through it with a guide.

With that said, it's so... genuinely nice that you can just go online and find well-written, personable guides written for practically every game out there. It's something that's rarely appreciated, I feel, when it's one of the scant few things about the gaming community that can only be appreciated.

I'm only 4 hours into FFVII and I've been loving it, so far. I'm honestly kicking myself for not getting into this series sooner!
I first played it 15ish years after release and it became one of my favorites. In fact it was so good I replayed it as soon as I beat it.

OK so I'm going through the Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC right now (as a break from getting the Platinum for the main game) and, I must admit, I've been going through it with a guide.

With that said, it's so... genuinely nice that you can just go online and find well-written, personable guides written for practically every game out there. It's something that's rarely appreciated, I feel, when it's one of the scant few things about the gaming community that can only be appreciated.
I know what you mean about using guides. I'm currently on the part in the original, where you climb up the wall on...... Wall Market (lol) and I need to time my jump just right, but I can't seem to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom