• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, I'n on mobile now so explaining it is hard, but check ou this: https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/hdd-vs-ssd.html

And this where NAS is concerned : https://www.popsci.com/what-is-a-NAS-drive/
Okay, so I'm looking for something that has an SSD rather than an HDD.

And from what I'm reading of the second link, an NAS just makes it easier to share files between your devices (rather than, say, using a USB cable to download files from your computer to your phone, like I'm trying to do with my phone and laptop). I'm guessing that it's also an accessory rather than something that comes with the desktop PC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll finish the article.

Either way, I just want a desktop PC that plays most games at high settings.

Okay, so I'm looking for something that has an SSD rather than an HDD.

And from what I'm reading of the second link, an NAS just makes it easier to share files between your devices (rather than, say, using a USB cable to download files from your computer to your phone, like I'm trying to do with my phone and laptop). I'm guessing that it's also an accessory rather than something that comes with the desktop PC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll finish the article.

Either way, I just want a desktop PC that plays most games at high settings.
Yeah a NAS is multifunctional and can act as a (multimedia)server, backup bay etc, but maybe not what you need right now.

Yeah a NAS is multifunctional and can act as a (multimedia)server, backup bay etc, but maybe not what you need right now.
Maybe not. For now, I just need a desktop PC first and one that can play games at high settings.

Dang, got kinda busy today

Did anyone feed Bingle while I was out?

Meh, even if so, little extra for a growing pupper. ❤️

*fills bowl with puppy food*

Checked out Heaven Studio lately and realized a video about the 1.0 release has 22k views in 3 weeks, the discord has almost 13k members with them gaining like 100 a day, and some older videos before the full release have up to 400k views. And while some of that is relatively small numbers even if everyone in the stat bought a new game, this on top of everything else in the last 4 or 5 years with fan animations and such makes me feel once again like everything RH has generated significantly more internet traffic in the last few years and that Nintendo should capitalize on it ;)

I'm thinking of getting a desktop PC for the first time in, well, at least a decade since I've had one and probably the first time ever; up to this point, I've only purchased laptops.

How much does a good desktop PC cost? I'm shooting for $1,000.00 if I have to, but lower would be good as well.

I just want one that will play anything well in high settings or even ultra (but high or even just medium settings is fine).

Any accessories beyond a thocky keyboard and a monitor that I should get or that you would recommend as well?
I think around 1k should get you a decent setup, give or take a hundred. Kinda depends on how lucky you are with the graphics card and what resolution you're shooting for. HD is probably a bit cheaper while 4K or 1440p (more than HD, less than 4K) are a bit more expensive.
Like @7threst mentioned, look out for storage types, usually an SSD (fast storage) for stuff that profits from it like games and the operating system and HDD (slower storage) for things like pictures and videos.

Maybe a controller if you don't have one already? Though it's possible to use ones from Switch and the other consoles anyway

Huh. This just came up in my notifications... can't recall seeing it before, looks pretty cool though :O

who the fuck is bingle

this is just like when I didn't do the readings in college
👇👇👇
81e2ac6c69a6a2e04fe8bbf5bf3d7ab9.jpg
my pupper

I mean LOVE's pupper. Bingle belongs to the whole faction. Yeah. 👀

I think around 1k should get you a decent setup, give or take a hundred. Kinda depends on how lucky you are with the graphics card and what resolution you're shooting for. HD is probably a bit cheaper while 4K or 1440p (more than HD, less than 4K) are a bit more expensive.
Like @7threst mentioned, look out for storage types, usually an SSD (fast storage) for stuff that profits from it like games and the operating system and HDD (slower storage) for things like pictures and videos.

Maybe a controller if you don't have one already? Though it's possible to use ones from Switch and the other consoles anyway
Keep in mind that I'm reserving 1k for just the computer itself.

Beyond that, I'll probably spend $70 for a thocky keyboard and $100 for a good screen. Oh, and about $60 for duo speakers, I'm guessing.

That's how it's looking, at any rate.

I already have a controller, btw.

So all in all: I'm prepared to spend above $1,000 but we'll see.

Random Nintendo thought. I remember being at this Wii U event before it launched and they asked me questions afterwards in a survey. Only question I remember was if I planned on buying one. I said yes if I can find one then they told me I'll put you down as a no then. Lol good times.

Furukawa said that he will talk about the next fiscal year plans at the next investors meeting. Do you think Switch 2 will be revealed before that?

UPDATE #3 – Through Page 20
UPDATE #3 – Through Page 20

Things are getting interesting around here! Here's a quick summary...

The FACTIONS have continued battling it out – now with far more GAMBITS. We've had fashion disasters, alien encounters, banana bread cookbooks, and more!

LOVE ended up getting a puppy named Bingle! ABYSS got jealous and staged a kidnapping... but Bingle shed a whole new pet Husk for them. Boz named it Chitin. And TWO went to the pet store to get a pet Infestation of Feed Crickets!

𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝...

S3754i2.png

2𝚞𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚟𝚎 – 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚖𝚎 – 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍. 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎 – 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚝.

𝙸 𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 ████████. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 – 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘.

@𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝... 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎-𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚜.

𝚒𝚏 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚘𝚏𝚏, 𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜... : - ) ...𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗!

NEW PRIZES!

Yes, really! The stakes are even higher!
  • Winning FACTION – Original Custom Badge
  • ████ ██████ – Original Custom Badge
  • Pillar of LOVE – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of TWO – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of BOOKS – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • Pillar of ABYSS – $10 eShop Gift Card
  • The Ascendant (MVP) – $50 eShop Gift Card

Increased RIVALRY

As tensions rise, so do RIVALRIES!
  1. Base RIVALRY is raised to x2.
  2. RIVALRIES of x2 are raised to x4.
  3. RIVALRY applies to STRIKES

DIGNITY Standings
  1. ABYSS – 398
  2. BOOKS – 350
  3. LOVE – 297
  4. TWO – 216
  5. ALL – 87
  6. MUSIC – 62
The ABYSS is looming – TWO & LOVE are too busy tearing each other down to stay in the lead!

Poll Votes x 10 = Initial DIGNITY
  • LOVE – 14
  • TWO – 15
  • BOOKS – 14
  • ABYSS – 7
The following calculations are since the last update (Page 10).

STRIKES
  • LOVE suffered -102 DIGNITY
  • TWO suffered -37
  • BOOKS suffered -5
  • ABYSS suffered -6
  • ALL inexplicably suffered -6

GAMBITS

GRACE
  • LOVE gained +168 DIGNITY
  • TWO gained +159
  • BOOKS gained +68
  • ABYSS gained +91
  • MUSIC gained +11
  • ALL gained +83

MANIFESTATION

PLOT?!

Amazing job so far, everyone! Lots to keep track of... but I'll try to keep up!

Last edited:
Are you implying that this isn't Famiboards at its best? 🤨
No, it's actually transcending the regular views on quality.

Edit: Damn, Abyss in the lead. Guess there's truth to all that "when two quarrel, the third one rejoices"

Last edited:
GAMBIT - I stare into The Abyss, seeking inspiration such that I may weave the inky black into another banger by The Abysstie Boys

2uswave summarizing the events of the plot so far gives me big "On the next episode of Famiboards" vibes and I love it. We need that for every thread. Also, I cannot believe that I missed the scan on Suswave! That art was so good! I gotta find a way to weave that observation into future plot.

This has been a joy to play along to, and I can't wait to see where this goes.

I wonder if I could still be in the top 10 posters in this thread if this was my last post in here for the entire month. February is a short month, after all.

2uswave summarizing the events of the plot so far gives me big "On the next episode of Famiboards" vibes and I love it. We need that for every thread. Also, I cannot believe that I missed the scan on Suswave! That art was so good! I gotta find a way to weave that observation into future plot.

This has been a joy to play along to, and I can't wait to see where this goes.
Yeah!

I wonder if I could still be in the top 10 posters in this thread if this was my last post in here for the entire month. February is a short month, after all.
Unlikely if a direct is going to happen next week. That thread would close with half the month left. People would migrate back to this one. Plus we have leap day.

I just randomly stumbled upon some guy streaming himself beating every single Nintendo published game in existence. He's doing it chronologically, bro is 208 games in and hasn't even hit 1991 yet 😂

I just randomly stumbled upon some guy streaming himself beating every single Nintendo published game in existence. He's doing it chronologically, bro is 208 games in and hasn't even hit 1991 yet 😂
Once he gets to DS, he will never get past it. Honestly will probably stop before then. Imagine all of those square RPGs that Nintendo published…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom