• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man as a long time Xboxer the recent news is killing me. Maybe it will open up the future of 3rd party microsoft games though. Master Chief Collection on Switch 2 would be sick

I promise this will be the last time I shill anything of my own!

I just uploaded episode two of my very bad podcast with my brother and a mutual friend of ours. I'm not especially great at audio editing, so if anyone has the time to give it a listen and let me know how it sounds I would greatly appreciate it!

3XP Podcast

Oh, and, uhh...we talk about books in the show and how bad I am at reading them, so...uhh...

I STRIKE BOOKS in the name of TWO!

(I think; sorry @Suswave I am very bad at following TTRPG directions)
that 100% counts!!

and believe me, I get it, I actually hate TTRPGs lmao

but… I have enjoyed games that were inspired by TTRPGs!

and I fucking love chaos. plus a little choose-your-own adventure never hurt anyone*

*that’s not true, the damage is immeasurable

a lot of it is also v much early text adventures like King’s Quest — just poking at shit to see what you can do!

Man as a long time Xboxer the recent news is killing me. Maybe it will open up the future of 3rd party microsoft games though. Master Chief Collection on Switch 2 would be sick
what news is that?

That Starfield is coming to PS5
…is that a bad thing?

I feel like a big part of Xbox’s buy-everything strategy is to make money no matter where they put the games. Haven’t previous Bethesda games only ever been timed exclusives?

I can totally get rooting for something to be one place, I guess — I think Nintendo’s synergy with their stuff is crucial to their success, and would probably feel weird about Waluigi On Xbox or whatever.

But Xbox and Playstation have sort of been splashing at each other in the same pool for quite a while now. I guess I’m not as surprised by their back-and-forth.

yeah seems like they're going to be doing a thing, wonder where that'll end up

some people are even speculating about them maybe licensing out Xbox to third party hardware manufacturers. Probably just wishful thinking from warriors, but I don't necessarily hate the idea

edit: woah even Indy??

Last edited:
…is that a bad thing?

I feel like a big part of Xbox’s buy-everything strategy is to make money no matter where they put the games. Haven’t previous Bethesda games only ever been timed exclusives?

I can totally get rooting for something to be one place, I guess — I think Nintendo’s synergy with their stuff is crucial to their success, and would probably feel weird about Waluigi On Xbox or whatever.

But Xbox and Playstation have sort of been splashing at each other in the same pool for quite a while now. I guess I’m not as surprised by their back-and-forth.

I dont mind as long as they keep making hardware. I love the xbox ecosystem and the controllers and the achievements. I own all 3 systems but dont touch my ps5/switch for anything but exclusives, everything else I play on xbox. As long as they dont go 3rd party and commit only to gamepass and no more hardware I'll be fine. I just want them to continue to make the hardware lol,

Also though this could be because of Starfields mediocrity. If it was a 10/10 game then it would be selling consoles and they wouldnt be doing this. So it could just be a move done to sell more copies of a game that underperformed instead of the huge industry changing move people are acting like it is

I dont mind as long as they keep making hardware. I love the xbox ecosystem and the controllers and the achievements. I own all 3 systems but dont touch my ps5/switch for anything but exclusives, everything else I play on xbox. As long as they dont go 3rd party and commit only to gamepass and no more hardware I'll be fine. I just want them to continue to make the hardware lol,

Also though this could be because of Starfields mediocrity. If it was a 10/10 game then it would be selling consoles and they wouldnt be doing this. So it could just be a move done to sell more copies of a game that underperformed instead of the huge industry changing move people are acting like it is
yeah, I’d be shocked if anything was nearly as drastic as the uh… response seems to imply

for your sake and the sakes of others, hope they keep at hardware! and I fervently believe they will!

For me the most logical thing for Xbox was always to just open up the Series X software so it can run Windows. You can already keyboard and mouse on it. Just open it up, make it pretty much a prebuilt PC that can also run as an Xbox if you prefer that, and sell that instead. Feels like its a win win for everyone and MSFT will sell more Xboxes and could "exit" the console market without really exiting it

Oh, this was speculation? I thought it was some sort of real possibility.
idk I just see people talking about the possibility. It might be an actual rumor or insider claim, who knows. I haven't been following that closely cuz I have zero intention of getting either of the "HD twins" this gen so far, been too busy living the Switch + PC life to care what either of them are doing.

this is kind of true of every month, but February — for whatever reason — tends to remind me of dead friends.

every now and then the ghost of a thought will pass through the room. I’ll wonder if the me now could have done better by them then, if things could have been different.

I know it’s a pebble tossed in the lake at night — nothing to be done about it. let the thoughts walk with you and fade. some mild haunting, taken as is. not to pick apart, not to dwell in.

but while thinking of dead friends tonight, I’m grateful to the ABYSS and all it can be.

as my ghosts manifest in me, I MANIFEST +20 for the ABYSS.

nWDzPLY.jpeg

while everyone speculates on the third-party hardware-obliterating catastrophe, please keep in mind that this is what everyone said about Nintendo towards the end of the Wii U

For some reason, this morning I thought updating Nintendo Pictures' English Wikipedia page to actually have the credits for all their stuff would be a fun and quick way to kill an hour, since it only had two paragraphs broadly describing their work.

It is now nine hours later. Glad I had nothing super urgent to tackle. 😵‍💫

Had fun doing this. Wiped all the scenery and paths in a section of Alton Towers, and rebuilt it to make it look better. Didn't move a single ride or alter a track.
Alton-Towers-2024-02-04-17-58-01.png

So I was recently diagnosed with adhd, I’ve always felt something was off, and now at 30 years old I know what it was. I’m taking medication now and it’s helping me focus on things I enjoy immensely. I’m not hopping around between different games anymore like it was Netflix the way I used to. I’ve been able to focus on one game at a time and play only that til I role the credits.

Anyway, I’m interested in another code recollection. I never tried a visual novel before because frankly I just didn’t have the attention span for the long periods of conversation and text boxes. I dropped persona 5 for that reason. With my newly found focus, should I jump in on this for 60 bucks? I played the demo, and while I enjoyed the vibe of it, the gameplay and mystery did not immediatley grab me. I get it’s just talking and puzzles, and I’m fine with that, it’s just new to me. Does the mystery ramp up at all?

this’ll go in my cooking thread once it’s all done, but I’m taking on a fun one today…

vegetarian scallops!

how, you ask? King Oyster Mushrooms!

i’ve chopped the stems up and marinaded them in a savory miso broth (with seaweed for extra sea flavor) — they’ve been brewing since this morning!

8YrrmEs.jpeg

to accompany, I’ll be making a garlic butter sauce, homemade pasta, and brussels sprouts on the side.

Ru85NI4.jpeg

wish me luck!

I should buy an N-Gage
Switch has Fire Emblem N-Gage

Had fun doing this. Wiped all the scenery and paths in a section of Alton Towers, and rebuilt it to make it look better. Didn't move a single ride or alter a track.
Alton-Towers-2024-02-04-17-58-01.png
Fantastic job, that's a rollercoaster I would be scared to shit of riding!

I’m taking medication now and it’s helping me focus on things I enjoy immensely
Hey, that's great news! As for Another Code, I'm not sure if you should jump into it because it takes a while to get going. My recommendation for anyone wanting to get a taste of visual novels is still the Ace Attorney games.

House of Two, how could we have plummeted to 4th place?! In admonishment of my faction for this disgrace, I STRIKE TWO IN THE NAME OF TWO!

My dad's picking radio stations and he found some oldies, so I'm watching a storm while this song is stuck in my head:

Do a little dance 🎶
In the name of LOVE 🎶
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶
bop bop
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶

My dad's picking radio stations and he found some oldies, so I'm watching a storm while this song is stuck in my head:

Do a little dance 🎶
In the name of LOVE 🎶
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶
bop bop
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶

You reminded me of the GTA San Andreas radio stations, and the particular song CAUSE I LOOVE A RAINY NIGHT

So I was recently diagnosed with adhd, I’ve always felt something was off, and now at 30 years old I know what it was. I’m taking medication now and it’s helping me focus on things I enjoy immensely. I’m not hopping around between different games anymore like it was Netflix the way I used to. I’ve been able to focus on one game at a time and play only that til I role the credits.

Anyway, I’m interested in another code recollection. I never tried a visual novel before because frankly I just didn’t have the attention span for the long periods of conversation and text boxes. I dropped persona 5 for that reason. With my newly found focus, should I jump in on this for 60 bucks? I played the demo, and while I enjoyed the vibe of it, the gameplay and mystery did not immediatley grab me. I get it’s just talking and puzzles, and I’m fine with that, it’s just new to me. Does the mystery ramp up at all?
I’ll second ace attorney. That Danganronpa, 999, or AI the Somnium files would all be options

Do a little dance 🎶
In the name of LOVE 🎶
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶
bop bop
Get down TWO STRIKE 🎶

Got to see him live a quite a few years back. Still has the voice but needs longer breaks. Uses the band for touring practice for up and coming artists for his labels. Drummer got a 5 minute solo

the whole ABK acquisition thing seems a bit pointless if all this ends up being true
In MS's case, it's basically a thing where they more or less live up to one of the stipulations of the deal in the first place: Stuff like Call of Duty still comes to other pieces of hardware, MS just gets their cut of the profit.

Perhaps the funniest thing about this arrangement is that, much like I thought, all the hemming and hawwing about the fate of the Arkane Lyon Blade game was really for nothing.

Damn, I want to watch shitty anime but I know as soon as I turn away from my computer, insiders are going to announce Brute Force Remastered will be a launch title for Switch 2.

My first coaster ever was Big Dipper at the then Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure. Shame it couldn't have been preserved.
It’s gone now, but it was still there only just a few years ago. I always enjoyed driving through Aurora and getting to see the Big Dipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom