• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s gone now, but it was still there only just a few years ago. I always enjoyed driving through Aurora and getting to see the Big Dipper.
Coming down the road from the North it always looked like the coasters were stretching out over the highway, it was so cool.

I remember buying an Xbox 360 7 years ago, solely to play Tales of Vesperia and whatever else caught my interest. Then Vesperia was announced for current gen consoles at the time and I decided to sell it. The only other games that I had for it were Banjo-Kazooie and Blue Dragon. I've been on the fence on whether or not I wanna rebuy it or the One X, since there are a lot of old Xbox games that I wanna try out, like Lost Odyssey or Jet Set Radio Future. Then again, my 200+ backlog is already big as is, so I may hold off on that decision for a bit.

I feel like if xbox truly ends exclusives, that doesn’t at all mean they’ll end hardware. I really don’t know what the conflation is about. They’ve often implied they want to be the best place to play their games, rather than necessarily the only.

b9aa7c6d-07d2-4d1b-9740-6e146152377f
As the legend foretold:

The BoxCube

I put too much tequila in this margarita.
Apparently I didn't respond to this in my Quotes list on my phone but if I get over my cold before next weekend I want to make the margarita you had.

Something something Wii is two Gamecubes duct taped together, but a Switch 2 being a Gamecube and Xbox Series X duct taped together with the library it's about to have could be rather compelling

a Switch 2 being a Gamecube and Xbox Series X duct taped together with the library it's about to have could be rather compelling
If this means I can get portable Psychonauts, Forza and Pentiment then yes give me Switch 2 (Major Video Game Publishers Joined Forces)

Oh, might as well. I strike LOVE in the name of TWO!

Mario Wonder is really amazing. Here I find someone who never games (my brother) and someone who doesn't play games that were released after the N64 (his wife) playing the game together. Really crazy sight to see, especially my brother.

while everyone speculates on the third-party hardware-obliterating catastrophe, please keep in mind that this is what everyone said about Nintendo towards the end of the Wii U
nintendo survived all sorts of catastrophes like two world wars, multiple economic crises, the fall of an empire and 80s hairstyles, really the wii u was nothing compared to that.

Loving almost all music lets you be pumped Taylor Swift announced a new album out of nowhere and then also be pumped that Billy Joel played us out with "You May Be Right".

I feel like if xbox truly ends exclusives, that doesn’t at all mean they’ll end hardware. I really don’t know what the conflation is about. They’ve often implied they want to be the best place to play their games, rather than necessarily the only.
yeah thats been talked about before i think the discourse is that if they are bowing out what the point of even owning one when all you have to do is wait like a year at most and it will be on your preferred console without even buying an xbox so sales of xbox goes down even more to the point they decide not to make any more since they barely make money on it

yeah thats been talked about before i think the discourse is that if they are bowing out what the point of even owning one when all you have to do is wait like a year at most and it will be on your preferred console without even buying an xbox so sales of xbox goes down even more to the point they decide not to make any more since they barely make money on it
and how about people whose preferred console is Xbox?

enthusiasts imagine a vacuum where none exists

and how about people whose preferred console is Xbox?

enthusiasts imagine a vacuum where none exists
i know but they run with these scenarios and i imagine it that i was like you must be half out of xbox if these imagine scenarios make jump to pc or ps5

It's a good thing sites like Famiboards exist.

Because if Microsoft leaves the hardware business - and the Xbox community migrates over to PlayStation - sites like Resetera and Twitter won't be fun for Nintendo fans.

Last edited:

Because if Microsoft leaves the hardware business - and the Xbox community migrates over to PlayStation - sites like Resetera and Twitter won't be fun for Nintendo fans.
i always felt that resetera lean playstation and nintendo anyway because when you ask people on the site which console they have it usually always switch and ps5 competing for the top spot

Yeah, but console-warring will get more obnoxious and annoying.

I'm already seeing social media accounts posting memes like this on Twitter ("X") and elsewhere.

playstation-grim-reaper.jpg
yeah they are just more mask off now since it used to be funneled at xbox and as long as nintendo doesn't do another wii u level disaster they will be fine

…two years is all it takes to obliterate history, huh

ResetEra reads as a PlayStation site because we left, lmao

XboxEra split off. Then some absolute fuckery with moderation stirred Install Base into revolt, and we were also affected / strongly aligned with them.

So we had a meeting about what the fuck to do. And this is what we did.

I can’t speak for all of us, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that our founding principles are transparent moderation, trans rights, and shitposts.

None of this to say we all vanished. Lots of dual citizens remain, and some of us stayed there.

But we’re part of a multicellular organism that’s been bubbling and branching off for a long time, simmering in evolution’s crucible.

Then some absolute fuckery with moderation stirred Install Base into revolt, and we were also affected / strongly aligned with them
What a saga that was. I was legitimately concerned the sales updates that I'd been following since GAF era would be lost forever.

The issue from where I'm sitting is Xbox consoles, as far as I can tell, have always been printed at a loss, and their sales numbers will probably go even lower if they truly abandon exclusives. I don't think they will drop hardware entirely though. More likely to be that it will become a niche product akin to the Steam Deck. They might even just outright sell PCs-as-consoles with Xbox labeling and UI. This is all a bit premature speculation, anyway, but certainly seems like the other foot will drop if Starfield does indeed go on PS5.

What a saga that was. I was legitimately concerned the sales updates that I'd been following since GAF era would be lost forever.
watching that live was wild. sideshow bob stepping on rakes tier level moderation. but hey now this place and install base exist so it's all good.

In the end, the whole Xbox situation comes down to MS ultimate goal: Making even more money.

Though, like i said in the specific thread, it's kinda wild that the biggest money monster is the one to fold to "effectively third party" of the big three.
I wonder if someone will take up the space left by MS, maybe Apple?

After SEGA went out, it's place was (rather) quickly filled up with the Xbox, after all.

I'm already seeing social media accounts posting memes like this on Twitter ("X") and elsewhere.

There's a fat chance that Nintendo will still be around when we're already six feet under for years.
They'll likely be around even after Sony transcended to smart cars, mechs and holographic occular implants.

I can’t speak for all of us, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that our founding principles are transparent moderation, trans rights, and shitposts.

Dad jokes. Don't forget the Dad jokes.

wow

just realized I read this backwards!!!!

mechanic advice is trickier, but I’d say it helps to pick something and go for it — and it will evolve

start with simple parts

the big breakthrough for making my battles more dynamic and interesting actually came to me from playing the game 140 — so I recommend playing a lot of games you wouldn’t normally play and wouldn’t automatically fit your genre!

never know when the lightbulb will strike
Yeah, I should really probably start building out some of the basics so I can experiment with some ideas. Probably more effective than just trying to come up with some fully formed systems in my head first.

Hardcore PlayStation fans seeing Sony introducing more expensive games, paid upgrades to PS5 versions of PS4 games, a console that increases in price after its release, etc. : "what this company really needs is less competition!"

I haven't been to many gaming sites that are not famiboards lately, but right before this place was created, other sites already weren't that fun for Nintendo fans, of course I'm not really expecting this to get any better with a possible Sony AAA consolidation.
Also has Twitter ever been fun for fans of anything at all?

With all the wacky Xbox drama happening right now, it probably wasn't the best time to announce that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox with a expanded free trial yada yada will need a Gamepass sub in order to play the full version. For comparison, the PS4/5 version doesn't need PS+, so... just weirdly bad optics at a time when Xbox probably doesn't need more bad optics.

With all the wacky Xbox drama happening right now, it probably wasn't the best time to announce that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox with a expanded free trial yada yada will need a Gamepass sub in order to play the full version. For comparison, the PS4/5 version doesn't need PS+, so... just weirdly bad optics at a time when Xbox probably doesn't need more bad optics.
I keep forgetting that FFXIV is playable on a console that I own. Please don't remind me. I have small children...

PUMP IT (LOUDER)

Mario Wonder is really amazing. Here I find someone who never games (my brother) and someone who doesn't play games that were released after the N64 (his wife) playing the game together. Really crazy sight to see, especially my brother.
I loved Wonder! My boyfriend as well~ We played it together, and it was lots of fun! Ahahahha

Nevermind Nintendo doing this to the PSP and Vita.

Unless you want to make an argument that piracy killed the PSP and Sony itself killed the Vita (especially after the 3DS underperformed in its start)

…two years is all it takes to obliterate history, huh

ResetEra reads as a PlayStation site because we left, lmao

XboxEra split off. Then some absolute fuckery with moderation stirred Install Base into revolt, and we were also affected / strongly aligned with them.

So we had a meeting about what the fuck to do. And this is what we did.
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I didn't get into these types of forums sooner. It sounds like y'all experienced history or something.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I didn't get into these types of forums sooner. It sounds like y'all experienced history or something.
i wasnt there for the first two but the installbase one was building up for a while with people going in the sales thread and derailing it or not being in realities with the nintendo switch

Yakuza being trans ally wasnt in my bingo card:

The series doesn’t have a spotless track record but it’s very obvious the developers’ hearts are in the right place and they want to learn and be better. It’s been that way since the series started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom