• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mildly successful product:

GF2BLQjW8AAmI7E

Ơ̸̡̢̥͎͇͉̣̩͍͇̖̳̟̠̈͆̈́̀́̓͑͐̿̓̑͂͊͠ͅb̷͉̟̺̈́̃͆͊̂͒͐̒̏̕s̸͎͎͊̃͛̈́̎e̴̛͕̰̱͉̣̮̖̼͛͗̀̅̂͛s̵̪͚̓̇̈́ś̵̡̳̬̭̥̞̝͈̼̲͉̞̲̊̀̑̑͜ĩ̸̧̡̦̩̜̟̮̩̝́̄̀̾̂̀̓̅̕ọ̷̢̲͇̭͈̝̮̗͔̽͐n̵̡̛̘̝̫̪̞̹̯͔͔͙͍̠̭̏͌̆̓͌͂̇͘ͅhas led to this.

it shall lead you all to your downfall : - )
The Calvin Klein fragrance? 😳

I've been really depressed for the past 3 hours. Can I pet Bingle?
Yeah! Go ahead and give em a scritch 😁

Definitely an international money laundering scheme at this point.
So it's... a grand theft?

Look, I don't even know what It is even talking about! I'm not working with-
Oh silly, of course you know. You were there. Everyone was there, and will be : - )

But... Banana Bread D:
And Muffins D:
They are delectable. Please, consume.

3qVg.gif

Consume consume consume consume consume consume consume

What did you to me? Curse your machinations, House ABYSS! I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO

I've been really depressed for the past 3 hours. Can I pet Bingle? I'd play some Persona (and FF7, since the hype for Rebirth made me pick it up on a whim), but I'm not in the mood. I've lost the motivation to exercise for the day, too. 🫤
You've had a rough day and it's valid! Take a break from the routine to recharge

the halo show is cool in a way i didn’t expect it to be. but then again i’ve only seen one episode so that may change

Oh silly, of course you know. You were there. Everyone was there, and will be : - )
@meatbag. You should already know I don’t like imposters. : - )

I value you far more than that nuisance from earlier. But please — don’t test my patience…

Misread the name in the title of that new thread as Chris Sawyer and thought the most reclusive dev out there was speaking out about something.

GAMBIT! I summon excess starch on the ABYSS making anything that comes out of it slightly slower due to the sticky properties and excess heaviness you feel in your gut when eating stewed taters!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+2 TWO Base Chaos

Threshold: 8 Potatoes in a Pot

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 2

FAILURE (6/8)

your potatoes bubble and glub into one gigantic mess of wet starch. TWO can’t stop what they’ve unleashed! It’s out of control!

instead of clogging up the abyss, the starch runs directly towards the nearest @Suswave and drastically slows down their ability to judge gambits!
  • TWO loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • ABYSS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • @Suswave comes down with a case of Slowwave

cIdPool.gif

Allow me to tell you an unfinished tale from a time long passed. In the old days, of the old ways, during the second age when skyloft still demanded sacrifice.

Hype was reaching excessive levels in anticipation of the next Direct. Several rituals had already been performed, Dark Cloud was banned for probably the 66th time, and the next summoning was in progress. So high were expectations that I devised a way to reward the most faithful among us in Speculation.
I created a small relic, planned to be the first of many, that I would send to 10 users, should they accept them. One for each point of the unholy decagram. A game was devised to decide who the recipients would be, and I left teases that something unexpected was on the horizon.

X0IwP9O.jpg

But after this first medallion was crafted in secret, the winds shifted. First, with the sudden arrival of the global pandemic, it seemed less likely that even the faithful would be willing to accept gifts, and I too was hesitant to send them. My schemes had been indefinitely halted. And second, a user had became sensitive about the whole affair, and began calling for a reformation of our ways, in the name of dignity. However, as I pivoted to more peaceful means of summoning, interest... waned. The sinful masses at the time seemed less interested in games than blood.

And so my part in the summoning chaos concluded, and the decagram medallion remained just one, never more, which is still in my possession as a memento of the old days of Direct Hype.

As there was only ever the o̬̊̋n̵̵̵̨͚̣̭͎̱̥̘̳̘̠͕͌́ͦ̈̄ͥ̿͗͛̎͢͠ę̶͕̱͓̟̹̦̭̱̐ͥ̆̒͋͛́̊͘͝͝ͅ, I must strike TWO in the name of abyss.

cIdPool.gif

Allow me to tell you an unfinished tale from a time long passed. In the old days, of the old ways, during the second age when skyloft still demanded sacrifice.

Hype was reaching excessive levels in anticipation of the next Direct. Several rituals had already been performed, Dark Cloud was banned for probably the 66th time, and the next summoning was in progress. So high were expectations that I devised a way to reward the most faithful among us in Speculation.
I created a small relic, planned to be the first of many, that I would send to 10 users, should they accept them. One for each point of the unholy decagram. A game was devised to decide who the recipients would be, and I left teases that something unexpected was on the horizon.

X0IwP9O.jpg

But after this first medallion was crafted in secret, the winds shifted. First, with the sudden arrival of the global pandemic, it seemed less likely that even the faithful would be willing to accept gifts, and I too was hesitant to send them. My schemes had been indefinitely halted. And second, a user had became sensitive about the whole affair, and began calling for a reformation of our ways, in the name of dignity. However, as I pivoted to more peaceful means of summoning, interest... waned. The sinful masses at the time seemed less interested in games than blood.

And so my part in the summoning chaos concluded, and the decagram medallion remained just one, never more, which is still in my possession as a memento of the old days of Direct Hype.

As there was only ever the o̬̊̋n̵̵̵̨͚̣̭͎̱̥̘̳̘̠͕͌́ͦ̈̄ͥ̿͗͛̎͢͠ę̶͕̱͓̟̹̦̭̱̐ͥ̆̒͋͛́̊͘͝͝ͅ, I must strike TWO in the name of abyss.
Now its a party

VTYJBty.gif

GAMBIT!!! Let's introduce Bingle to some BOOKS! I recommend "The Hungry Caterpillar"!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 10 Little Rubber Ducks Author

Let’s Roll…
D1
5 + D2 3

SUCCESS (15/10)

BOOKS visits LOVE to teach our sweet baby Bingle about hunger, illustrative decadence, and monumental growth!

Bingle loves it so much that they eat the whole book. Both houses laugh and laugh, enjoying a brief bout of camaraderie. What a pleasant evening!

• LOVE gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • Bingle gains hunger

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 10 Little Rubber Ducks Author

Let’s Roll…
D1
5 + D2 3

SUCCESS (15/10)

BOOKS visits LOVE to teach our sweet baby Bingle about hunger, illustrative decadence, and monumental growth!

Bingle loves it so much that they eat the whole book. Both houses laugh and laugh, enjoying a brief bout of camaraderie. What a pleasant evening!

• LOVE gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • Bingle gains hunger
I hope Bingle doesn't start shedding again from all that eating.

GAMBIT - I stare into The Abyss, seeking inspiration such that I may weave the inky black into another banger by The Abysstie Boys
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+2 ABYSS Base Willpower
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: (20)12 Breakup

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 3

FAILURE (9/12)

You muster all of your strength, take a deep breath, and plunge into the abyss for inspiration…

‘byss monkey.
That stunky monkey.
‘byss monkey clunky.
That stunk uhhhh monkey.

This… is not it, my friend. This is what they call bad. This is so bad, in fact, that some shred of awareness clogging the abyss opens its many, many eyes.

They’re all pointed at you.

Quick! You can recover from this!

Uhhhhhhhhh m. munkahy.
That fuck. mmmm nah. Nope.

That is not what recovery looks like. An earth-shattering screech fills your mind. The world burns black as your brain cells pop like bubble wrap, only to fizzle back into shape. This happens over and over again in waves.

You wake up days later, miraculously alive. Your beat game… not so much.
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+2 ABYSS Base Willpower
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: (20)12 Breakup

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 3

FAILURE (9/12)

You muster all of your strength, take a deep breath, and plunge into the abyss for inspiration…

‘byss monkey.
That stunky monkey.
‘byss monkey clunky.
That stunk uhhhh monkey.

This… is not it, my friend. This is what they call bad. This is so bad, in fact, that some shred of awareness clogging the abyss opens its many, many eyes.

They’re all pointed at you.

Quick! You can recover from this!

Uhhhhhhhhh m. munkahy.
That fuck. mmmm nah. Nope.

That is not what recovery looks like. An earth-shattering screech fills your mind. The world burns black as your brain cells pop like bubble wrap, only to fizzle back into shape. This happens over and over again in waves.

You wake up days later, miraculously alive. Your beat game… not so much.
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 4
Darn, I shall have to draw inspiration from within I gue...

I̴̧̢̗̘̞̮̰̜̦̱̟̎̌̎̓̔̚ͅṭ̵̡͉̰͈̞̻̮̝͒̃̊̔͂́͂̂͠'̴̡̡̧̨̛͈̩̙̥͕̤͚̝̫̮͉̝͕̳̘̗̽̈́̋̃̈́̈́͐́͂͒̄̇̔͋̐͂̕͠͝͝͠s̸͈̟̹͕̠͉̮̹͇͉̣͔̜̹̦̙̝͔͒͜ͅ ̵̡̡̡̙͈̤̠͖̫̹̯̘̠͙̤̫́͆͋́͌̀̓͠ç̴̰̩͔͓͔͍̤̱̖̳͇͊̊͆͊̅͂̈͐̾̽͝ͅo̶̪̹̠̯͎̪̪̓̎͂̀m̶̛̠͚̟̥̩̝̓̋̀̋̈́͛̉̀͋̍̀̓̎̓̍̌͂̋̈́̑͘͠į̷̧̧̨͍̝̠̞̠̟͎̫͎̯̪͇̘̣̻̖͓̃̃̎̔̈́̓̇̑̅̂̌̂̋͐͛́̂͆̈́̌͘ņ̴̛̲͈̟̘͈̖̿̃͂̎͛̐͂̿̊̈́̏̊̍͌͑͊́͋̕͘͜͝ǵ̴̝͈̜̳͓̱̹͉̤͓̦͙͇̖͇̩̣̺̏̒͝ͅ : - )

A worthy adversary! TWO can play at this game. En garde! I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO
Okay I've been kinda absent from the fighting ever since we got a puppy but shit looks to be gettin outta hand so uh

In the interest of unity:

SsMZ56k.gif

GAMBIT: I weave a heart imbued with the power of LOVE and throw it towards TWO, to lend them some of our power whenever they strike ABYSS

Arrogant fool, such wanton abuse of The Abysstie Boys jams, they flew too close to the singularity.
The Abyss tires of being used for such frivolous purpose. Paltry gambits... a poor use for the Infinite Wealth of the void.
I Joe Talbyss, Master of the Idle Quadrant, have possessed Boz to spread an important message about a certain relative who works at a certain company.

My uncle works fifteen hours, five days a week
My uncle works sixteen hours, six days a week
My uncle works seventeen hours, seven days a week

The best way to play a game is on the Nintendo Switch

Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty Zelda
Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty Metroid
Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty indies

MOTHER FU- THREE
MOTHER FU- THREE

I STRIKE SHEMMI KEIGHLINK in the name of ABYSS

Stare into The Abyss and you better believe The Abyss stares back fucker.

Arrogant fool, such wanton abuse of The Abysstie Boys jams, they flew too close to the singularity.
The Abyss tires of being used for such frivolous purpose. Paltry gambits... a poor use for the Infinite Wealth of the void.
I Joe Talbyss, Master of the Idle Quadrant, have possessed Boz to spread an important message about a certain relative who works at a certain company.

My uncle works fifteen hours, five days a week
My uncle works sixteen hours, six days a week
My uncle works seventeen hours, seven days a week

Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty Zelda
Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty Metroid
Who needs 4K
I'm just sitting here looking at pretty indies

MOTHER FU- THREE
MOTHER FU- THREE

I STRIKE SHEMMI KEIGHLINK in the name of ABYSS

Stare into The Abyss and you better believe The Abyss stares back fucker.
giphy.gif

Doesn't seem like it's gonna be streamed, huh? : - (
It will in the west. This is just the initial tv announcement season. No clue who will pick it up tho. It may be a non-seasonal due to the length of material they’re adapting. Can’t think of a production IG anime that didn’t get licensed in the west, and it’s related to a show that did so well in the west that it got the anime continued for 2 cours. So just be patient

cIdPool.gif

X0IwP9O.jpg

joined by the General Discussion old gods! hallowed the abyss!

I almost don't know how to get back into the hobby
You honestly don't have to worry too much. I had a spell where I didn't watch a single anime for a little over a year. Your drive will come back at some point.

But hey, I'll wish that you get that Chrono Trigger port/remake.

ayyyy they wrote a song about the "Switch 2 won't have joycons" rumor!!
I'm amazed you didn't use this to STRIKE! This is gold.

You know, I'm surprised we haven't seen a Murder By Numbers 2 yet.
Ah crap they might be waiting for me to finish that game. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom