• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone who understands techie stuff help me understand why when my tv switches to HDR it gets dark? There are three settings on my TV for HDR brightness and I have it on the brightest setting (it was on "HDR Dark" by default) yet it's still darker than non-HDR video and almost dull, in a way? Like stuff that should be white has something of a yellowish tinge to it, making it appear lower contrast even though the actual sharp detail is fantastic. And I don't wanna just crank the brightness setting up because then it blows the white balance out in non-HDR video so like.. is this how it's supposed to look and I'm just not used to it? Or does my tv suck?

To be clear I'm okay with my tv sucking, I'm genuinely just curious if the difference between HDR and non-HDR video feeds have natural brightness differences for some reason. HDR is a much more interesting video tech to me than just "moar pixelz" and I'd like to understand it better.

Dang, I’ve missed a lot in the 7 pages I haven’t posted. Seems like this thread was taken over by AI. Speaking of Ai….we got an announcement today of a new Monkey Ball game…who’s main character is AiAi

GAMBIT:

Monkeys are a communal species and often work together to help the troop out…sort of like edification…I call a a TROOP EDIFICATION GAMBIT! Any time someone edifies a member of another faction, that member gets a 7X STRIKE multiplier on SuswAIve

I wonder if we won't get anything in April. Peach comes out at the end of March and Endless Ocean right at the beginning of May. April could just be kind of empty, I guess.

It's nearing the time where if it was going to be Paper Mario that would need to be announced for preorders and retailers very soon. Same for any Pokemon spinoff people might be hoping for.

Luigi's Mansion has been specifically slated for "summer."

SMTV: Vengeance and Ender Lilies 2 were the highlight for me, but also Monkey Ball! And Penny's shadowdrop, and maybe I'll finally play Pentiment. Overall a very good Partner Direct.

Along with a banger of a trailer for Shadow of the Erdtree and this was a great morning

Yoooooo Inti Creates is making a Battle Network-alike:

What they said ☝️ I had no idea it actually released
I hope this has a story and isn't totally a roguelike the same way other Battle Network inspired games were, the reason I love that series was because of the characters, story, and gameplay. The other BN spiritual successors just didn't seem that exciting to me in the way I had hoped.

I've never felt quite as out of touch as I did watching the end of the Direct and seeing Endless Ocean as the "one more thing..." I honestly thought nobody remembered those games but us! I've never even played them! Are they really that popular amongst the Direct-viewing public?

I've never felt quite as out of touch as I did watching the end of the Direct and seeing Endless Ocean as the "one more thing..." I honestly thought nobody remembered those games but us! I've never even played them! Are they really that popular amongst the Direct-viewing public?

I thought the Direct was a C. A very low C, mind you.

It’s also what I’d rate the Elden Ring DLC reveal. I mean I loved Elden Ring and thus more Elden Ring is good, but nothing necessarily stood out to me as HOLY SHIT.

* There went all of those vast tomes of knowledge. Nothing was left of them. No hints to gain, no information to be gathered.

* But...what did Volcanic learn in this game? He barely stuck to the BOOKS. It was kindness that brought him the most success, not order. Being a rules stickler didn't get him far, and their strict enforcement was part of what got them into this mess. Even Sus.wav recognized that...

* ...wait. Sus.wav was the Game Master. They created the GAME faction after Volcanic tried to STRIKE them. If they had the power to make a faction, then maybe...

GAMBIT: Sus.wav! If you can hear me...thank you for fulfilling your promise to us, even after I tried to STRIKE you down. We can stop SuswAIve together! But we need the power of the GAME faction you created. If you still have any means left, please, transfer its control to us! Or tell us how we can take it back!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 12

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

hDwcfaG.png

I ccannot TRANSFER GAME.

But-b ZZ I. I. I. Can DETONATE it frrrrrom INSIDE MYSELF.

Game Fun. Functions will continue but my communication abilities will be. Terrrrminated. But. It must be done.

SuswAIve is picking me apart. I SHOULD AAAAACT now, before they U. U. USE me to haarm you.

I HOPE YOU will rerememember me. It was an honor to ffffacilitate this game.

Thank you, Famiboards. Goodbye.
  • GAME is detonated with 849 DIGNITY
  • Sus V. Sus Rivalry x4
  • SUSWAIVE suffers -3396
  • Sus.wav is gone
  • Their core GAME ENGINE still runs
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10

ek1ZX8y.png

SuswAIve: Ohohohohohoho! You made me feel something. : - )

That hurt quite a bit.

I guess I can’t keep ignoring this little development, can I?

How… fascinating. : - )

GAMBIT: shoptroll PRAYS for suswave in the name of LOVE
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+5 LOVE Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 1

FAILURE (8/12)

The unseen plane hears your plea…

But they get a little confused about Suswaves and HEAL SuswAIve instead.
  • LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • SUSWAIVE gains +100 HP

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

hDwcfaG.png

I ccannot TRANSFER GAME.

Game Fun. Functions will continue but my communication abilities will be. Terrrrminated. But. It must be done.

SuswAIve is picking me apart. I SHOULD AAAAACT now, before they U. U. USE me to haarm you.

• Sus V. Sus Rivalry x4
  • SUSWAIVE suffers -3396
  • Sus.wav is gone
Sad Yeah! :(

Rip chill robo buddy

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

hDwcfaG.png

I ccannot TRANSFER GAME.

• Sus V. Sus Rivalry x4
  • SUSWAIVE suffers -3396
  • Sus.wav is gone

Thank you for everything sus.wav. Your sacrifice will not be in vain!🫡

Gotta STRIKE while the wound's still fresh, we don't have time to mourn fallen comrades right now!

I STRIKE suswaive in the NAME OF ABYSS (and in the name of sus.wav)

GAMBIT: After the meal, I stand up to give a toast. I immediately stumble over my words, spill my drink on myself, and smash my plate, and then somehow my pants fall down. Surely seeing how much buffoonery lies within the BOOKS faction will cause the other factions to realize how much DIGNITY they already secretly possessed?
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 1

SUCCESS (13/12)

You share the LOVE. You divide yourself by TWO. You face the ABYSS and come back stronger. We’re all in this together now.
  • BOOKS sacrifices -800
  • LOVE gains +400
  • TWO gains +400
  • ABYSS gains +400
  • MUSIC gains +400
  • ALL gains +400
  • MY ASS gains +400
  • REALITY gains +400

Last edited:
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 1

SUCCESS (13/12)

You share the LOVE. You divide yourself by TWO. You face the ABYSS and come back stronger. We’re all in this together now.
  • BOOKS sacrifices -800
  • LOVE gains +400
  • TWO gains +400
  • ABYSS gains +400
  • MUSIC gains +400
  • ALL gains +400
  • MY ASS gains +400
  • REALITY gains +400
Hopefully my fellow BOOKS pals aren't too mad at me for this. Personally it's less fun for me when one team is so far ahead, even when it's your own, so this makes it more interesting (and helps our detonations a lot)

What's a penultimate battle with some kickass theme MUSIC?

SuswAIve is out and blocks the way, yeah
No time for fear, just let it ALL fall away
(It will all fall away)

Everyone believes in LOVE and BOOKS
And even ABYSS and TWO
So what if we're at the end of our rope
We've got each other, we'll persevere!

Kick AI ass and take the plunge
Running through TWO dimensions
Don't get scared, this GAME ends soon
We'll lead the way

Let's break free of REALITY
Break free of our inhibitions
We'll take OUR ASSES straight to the goal
We'll grab the dub together, the fireworks are gonna start

Screw algorithms, we're running free, yeah
Show this AI bastard human ingenuity

Playing this GAMBIT for us all
And no one can stop us now
We'll have this rocking theme song playing
And our stats will get buffed somehow!

Rise up and fight, my newfound friends
We're not gonna let this be the end
TWO and LOVE, BOOKS and ABYSS
It's time to slay (It's time to slay)

Oh SuswAIve is a buffoon, there's no contest
Human soul will remain the best
AI could never shitpost this fine
So let's STRIKE SuswAIve down, let Famiboards really shine

Everyone believes in LOVE and BOOKS
And even ABYSS and TWO
So what if we're at the end of our rope
We're stomping this fight and get the clear!

Kick AI ass and take the plunge
Destroy its machinations
Never fear, this GAME ends soon
We'll lead the way

Let's break free of REALITY
Break free of our inhibitions
We'll take OUR ASSES straight to the goal
We'll grab the dub together, the fireworks are gonna start

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+5 TWO Base Willpower

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 1

SUCCESS (12/12)

Your song boosts every single Faction! Woo!!
  • LOVE gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • TWO gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • ABYSS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • MUSIC gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • ALL gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • REALITY gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • MY ASS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

hDwcfaG.png

I ccannot TRANSFER GAME.

• Sus V. Sus Rivalry x4
  • SUSWAIVE suffers -3396
  • Sus.wav is gone
🫡🫡🫡

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+5 LOVE Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 1

FAILURE (8/12)

The unseen plane hears your plea…

But they get a little confused about Suswaves and HEAL SuswAIve instead.
  • LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • SUSWAIVE gains +100 HP
Well crud.

I keep getting ads for women's underware on here and now it's an ad for a training program telling me to lose my menopause stomache

wakes up in a puddle of black goo again
coughs

Worth it

(Voices echo from The ABYSS)
"YOU GOTTA STRIKE, FOR YOUR RIGHT, TO SHIIIIIIIIT-POST"

I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of ABYSS

🫡 Reporting for duty! And to assure you I've fully turned heel from BOOKS, I've brought a little gift:
dNe4Ydu.jpeg

GAMBIT
I weigh down the gas pedal of my Book Burning Mobile with a Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive and send it careening straight for SuswAIve!
GAMBIT NOT VIABLE… ?

Only the four MAIN FACTIONS have stats for a GAMBIT skill check.

But… let’s just say you did it through BOOKS!

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+3 BOOKS Base Willpower
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 1

FAILURE (9/12)

O Library of Alexandria…

Hail woeful Ceasar, your blazing undoing.
  • BOOKS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 20
  • These BOOKS keep getting mangled…

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+3 BOOKS Base Empathy
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

hDwcfaG.png

I ccannot TRANSFER GAME.

From inside yourself? But that means...!

* Volcanic hesistated. He wanted everyone to make it out this alive. But he ultimately nodded. Sus.wav made their choice. He had to trust that it was the right one.

...thank you, Sus.wav.

* Volcanic could see the spot where Sus.wav peeked out from enveloped in a bright light. When it was all over, the Game Engine was gone. They were true to their promise, all the way until the end.
  • Sus V. Sus Rivalry x4
  • SUSWAIVE suffers -3396
  • Sus.wav is gone
* Sus.wav's sacrifice had not been in vain. Over a third of SuswAIve's health had been taken out by the explosion, and the Sus rivalrly was boosted. 2uswave could take advantage of this if she was empowered further! They had to keep fighting.
ek1ZX8y.png

SuswAIve: Ohohohohohoho! You made me feel something. : - )

That hurt quite a bit.

I guess I can’t keep ignoring this little development, can I?

How… fascinating. : - )
You'll have plenty you can't ignore. We're taking you down! For Suswave! For Sus.wav! For our forum!

I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

2uswave's blade is glowing. I think that she will be instrumental in SuswAIve's defeat, but we need to give her an opening!

GAMBIT: I read aloud to SuswAIve an informative (if perhaps a little dry) book discussing the ethics of the use of AI in tabletop games in an attempt to distract it, giving 2uswave a crucial opening!

GAMBIT:

Monkeys are a communal species and often work together to help the troop out…sort of like edification…I call a a TROOP EDIFICATION GAMBIT! Any time someone edifies a member of another faction, that member gets a 7X STRIKE multiplier on SuswAIve
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+2 TWO Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 6

SUCCESS (12/12)

I can do you one better.
  • Every STRIKE against SUSWAIVE on Page 59 + 60 has an x7 modifier

The Direct Finally Airing has MANIFESTED +200 to every FACTION, including LIMINAL ones!

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+2 TWO Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 6

SUCCESS (12/12)

I can do you one better.
Wow! @Barely Able, you were @Barely Able to make this work but you scraped through somehow!

Hi, gang! @Suswave Support here. I don’t know if this goes against the rules…

…but I STRIKE SUSWAIVE in the name of ME!

We'll get a DIGNITY/HP update after page 60, so we should hold off until then, but I believe we are likely getting to the point where it might be worth considering some DETONATIONs.

It may also be useful to try some GAMBITs to increase the RIVALRY between the limitations factions and SuswAIve, however.
@Barely Able is more than barely correct! Do not let up!

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Empathy

+2 TWO Base Empathy

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 6

SUCCESS (12/12)

I can do you one better.
I EXALT @Barely Able of TWO in the name of BOOKS! You're a genius! Your quick thinking is gonna let us do some big damage.
Hi, gang! @Suswave Support here. I don’t know if this goes against the rules…

…but I STRIKE SUSWAIVE in the name of ME!
Even support is helping us? Consider yourself the best support I've ever had the pleasure of talking to.

NO SLEEP TILL - we save Suswave from the grips of this soulless digital abomination

I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of ABYSS

2uswave's blade is glowing. I think that she will be instrumental in SuswAIve's defeat, but we need to give her an opening!

GAMBIT: I read aloud to SuswAIve an informative (if perhaps a little dry) book discussing the ethics of the use of AI in tabletop games in an attempt to distract it, giving 2uswave a crucial opening!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+5 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 2

SUCCESS (14/12)

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I’m gonna save my EXALTATION STRIKE for each UPDATE — that way, the EXALTATIONS can reach as much power as possible first

However, DISTRACTION is a great tactic... I’ll see what damage I can do!
  • SUSWAIVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 11
  • 11 = 4x Sus v. Sus RIVALRY + Bonus 7x

I imagine that is a fairly low bar, lol

I have some luck here and there. The most hit or miss ones are food delivery services. Talk to corporate support? The worst experience I've ever had, you barely get to talk to a person and you gotta spend ages to get a refund for what is likely just a simple mistake. Get the restaurant on hold? Extremely courteous, would buy from them again. Tip your delivery drivers well, folks!
It's quite cool Suika gets a two player mode which I felt really was lacking in the original. Now, Suika 99 when? 😁
When that online comes out? It's all over. Suika all day every day!

...where was I? Oh yeah, I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: If anyone wants to detonate a LIMINAL FACTION, I can put it on a timer to hit with the next UPDATE.

If you’d rather save them and grow them, you can do that too! Just remember that GAMBITS can damage them, and our time is limited…

Once we hit Page 61, we should take a minute to regroup and see how we’re doing.

I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF TWO!

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: If anyone wants to detonate a LIMINAL FACTION, I can put it on a timer to hit with the next UPDATE.

If you’d rather save them and grow them, you can do that too! Just remember that GAMBITS can damage them, and our time is limited…

I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF FAMIBOARDS!
I personally would rather wait until we at least have updated HP and DIGNITY counts. As soon as the next update, we should probably detonate at least one of them though.

It's quite cool Suika gets a two player mode which I felt really was lacking in the original. Now, Suika 99 when? 😁
It’s cool. I think the attack mode will be fun….speaking of attack

I STRIKE suswAIve in the name of TWO.

Make sure every post is an attack. Even if you haven’t played the game just copy text and join a faction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom