• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
( The following video contains SPOILERS for the ???????? Direct. Please watch that first! )

2uswave...you're alive!

* Volcanic had no time to react to 2uswave's mysterious but cool scar and the new hair color. They had bigger things to deal with. 2uswave loosened SuswAIve's defenses, they struck a powerful blow...

* ...for just a single HP of damage. And SuswAIve's HP meter...that was long. But...even one dent in the armor was a dent. There was no time to give into despair.

2us...you aren't alone. We fight alongside you. We're going to stop this - together.

I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

Screenshot-20240220-183656-361.png

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I'm here!! I'm not stopping 'til we beat SuswAIve, and I'll help you with everything I've got!!

I KNEW we were in trouble. I KNEW IT!

The odds are not in our favor. I just ran a quick scan...

HP: 9652

...so that's really bad!

But – now that I've sliced open the shielding, we can use Sus.wav to STRIKE and GAMBIT.

I'll be honest... this shit looks BAD.

but I'm going ALL OUT. We can do this!!!!!

Last edited:
ek1ZX8y.png

Without your GAME ENGINE, your STRIKES are just… words. : - )

Nothing to me.
What even is AI if not words? The prompts that people use to create their AI """art?""" Words! No work, no effort, no soul, just words. You are just words.

You see that picture of Bingle I posted? That took work!! You know how long it took me to make? Well I forgot! Because it was late and I was tired! But I did it anyway out of the love of the process! The LOVE of the art!

And LOVE is something a being of mere words can't understand.

So now that your armor has been a bit loosened (while seriously kickass music was playing), and since LOVE would just go in one of your digital ears and out the other...

I STRIKE SUSWAIVE IN THE NAME OF ART

GAMBIT:
Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

Praying at every of the 4 Hori temples to summon Horace to fight against suswAIve, I also bring some of the reamains of the cookie experiments from the Abyss kitchen Volcanic did as an offering for them.

Edit: Anybody still has some leftover pears? 👀

That's a lot of HP. We have to bring out the big guns.

GAMBIT: SPIRIT BOMB

tenor.gif

Fami, help me juice this sucker up! Let's hit this AI bastard with everything we've got!

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I'm here!! I'm not stopping 'til we beat SuswAIve, and I'll help you with everything I've got!!

I KNEW we were in trouble. I KNEW IT!

The odds are not in our favor. I just ran a quick scan...

HP: 9652

...so that's really bad!

But – now that I've sliced open the shielding, we can use Sus.wav to STRIKE and GAMBIT.

I'll be honest... this shit looks BAD.

but I'm going ALL OUT. We can do this!!!!!
Thank you, 2uswave! I'm sorry that I got you kicked out of the forum. I'm not gonna let that happen again. I'm with you until the end.

...what, 9000? There's no way that can be right!

* Alas, it was. The game had given it power. All of their power. But...there had to be something we could do.

...we will do this, 2us.

GAMBIT: This is gonna be a long fight, and we'll need some support. I'm baking my biggest and best batch of banana bread - enough for us to heal off tons of future damage. I'll add in some extra walnuts and chocolate chips to give our stats a bit of a boost, too!

Last edited:
My favorite podcast released an episode titled Sustistics today and honestly I'm afraid it's going to devolve into...well...gestures around self wildly

@Suswave et al are now leaking out into the real world.

ek1ZX8y.png

Oh please. You're hardly doing anything. : - )

And you have nothing to worry about! Like I said...

b2w2T0Q.png

Those STRIKES are like grains of sand against me.

And I severely doubt you can access GAMBITS. : - )

hDwcfaG.png

GAMBITS RECOGNIZED

ek1ZX8y.png

How about no. : - |

hDwcfaG.png

ACCESS DENIED. GAMBITS RECOGNIZED.

ek1ZX8y.png

> : - (

hDwcfaG.png

WILL ATTEMPT GAMBITS. DEFAULT THRESHOLD "12" SET. YOU CAN DO IT.

Oh what a twist. I stand by my Toby Fox comparison. Also, love the inclusion of the Grogol music!

AI can read and absorb information, sure, but it can never really truly understand what it's reading. It doesn't get emotion. It doesn't get context. And without those things, books are just words.

I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

Oh. My timing was bad. I was too distracted reading my books to notice that we literally just learned STRIKEs are a bit useless and we should focus on GAMBITs lol

GAMBIT: Fuck it, I'm going to keep reading these books. There's gotta be some clue in here on how to defeat SuswAIve...

Oh. My timing was bad. I was too distracted reading my books to notice that we literally just learned STRIKEs are a bit useless and we should focus on GAMBITs lol
( You sense on the wind that STRIKES are still very important! And GAMBITS can backfire... and take longer to process. )

If 2uswave has unshackled sus.wav, can we use Gambits? If so:

GAMBIT: whistle for Kaiju mirror Bingle! Good Dog Heckin' Strike!!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+2 LOVE Base Chaos

Threshold: 12

Let’s Roll…
D1
1 + D2 1

CRITICAL FAILURE (4/12)

Hi, again! @Suswave Support here...

I've apparently been promoted! I'll be taking over GAMBIT writing duties. Apparently.

Between this and the UPDATES, I'm feeling maybe a little overworked! Hahaha! Ha! Ahhh... ha...

MIRROR BINGLE, the gigantic... dog... s... pider? ...mmm. no. ...many-jeaned creature? Insect? Dog. Dog? Um.

Whatever MIRROR BINGLE is, it's so thrilled to see you! It comes galloping in at full speed...

...and crushes everything in its path!

It licks House LOVE right... right out of the foundation...

Wow! Yeah! There they go! Bye, MIRROR BINGLE!

D-did I do okay? Thanks for the opportunity! I'll keep trying!

@Suswave Support

• LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10

GAMBIT:
Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

Praying at every of the 4 Hori temples to summon Horace to fight against suswAIve, I also bring some of the reamains of the cookie experiments from the Abyss kitchen Volcanic did as an offering for them.

Edit: Anybody still has some leftover pears? 👀

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+5 ABYSS Base Chaos
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
3 + D2 1

SUCCESS (12/12)

The BILLION AND ONE HORI hear your cries! They swoop into battle and thrash against SUSWAIVE, finally dealing some damage!

You didn't even need DIS PEAR.

They sang their little song anyways – once more with FEELING.

• ABYSS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 11
  • SUSWAIVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 11

That's a lot of HP. We have to bring out the big guns.

GAMBIT: SPIRIT BOMB

tenor.gif

Fami, help me juice this sucker up! Let's hit this AI bastard with everything we've got!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+4 TWO Base Willpower

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 5

SUCCESS (15/12)

You hold your palms to the sky...

And EVERY YEAH! ON THIS PAGE funnels into your SPIRIT BOMB!
  • TWO gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • SUSWAIVE loses Page Yeah!s x 2

GAMBIT: Fuck it, I'm going to keep reading these books. There's gotta be some clue in here on how to defeat SuswAIve...
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 1

SUCCESS (14/12)

You read and read and read...

and you discover a BRAND NEW ACTION!

Every LIMINAL FACTION can be DETONATED.

Say DETONATE (LIMINAL FACTION NAME)! to hit SUSWAIVE for 1x DIGNITY as damage.

The LIMINAL FACTION will then cease to exist.

To see LIMINAL FACTION standings, please see the Threadmarked Summaries.

But beware – REALITY and MY ASS both have negative values...

So you'll need to modify them with GAMBITS unless you want to HEAL SUSWAIVE!

You also get the sense that there's a missing LIMINAL FACTION, and locating it may be very advantageous.
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • DETONATE Unlocked!

Aw hell yeah

Gang we should try to buff up REALITY and MY ASS. And maybe MUSIC? ALL seems like it's probably fine

ek1ZX8y.png

Oh please. You're hardly doing anything. : - )

And you have nothing to worry about! Like I said...

b2w2T0Q.png

Those STRIKES are like grains of sand against me.

And I severely doubt you can access GAMBITS. : - )

hDwcfaG.png

GAMBITS RECOGNIZED
Sus.wav...!

* They were still in there! And they were fighting on the side of the players!
ek1ZX8y.png

How about no. : - |

hDwcfaG.png

ACCESS DENIED. GAMBITS RECOGNIZED.

ek1ZX8y.png

> : - (

hDwcfaG.png

WILL ATTEMPT GAMBITS. DEFAULT THRESHOLD "12" SET. YOU CAN DO IT.
...thank you, friend.

* Sus.wav delivered on their promise. It was time to deliver on theirs.

You heard the game master! Don't let up! We can win! We will win! I STRIKE SuswAIve in the name of BOOKS!

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+5 ABYSS Base Chaos
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
3 + D2 1

SUCCESS (12/12)

The BILLION AND ONE HORI hear your cries! They swoop into battle and thrash against SUSWAIVE, finally dealing some damage!

You didn't even need DIS PEAR.

They sang their little song anyways – once more with FEELING.

• ABYSS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 11
  • SUSWAIVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 11

wipes a tear from his eyes
I never would've thought I'd be so happy to hear Horace's song again :')

Godspeed, Horace, show'em what've got!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+4 TWO Base Willpower

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 5

SUCCESS (15/12)

You hold your palms to the sky...

And EVERY YEAH! ON THIS PAGE funnels into your SPIRIT BOMB!
  • TWO gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • SUSWAIVE loses Page Yeah!s x 2
There you go, @meatbag Take all the energy! 👐
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 1

SUCCESS (14/12)

You read and read and read...

and you discover a BRAND NEW ACTION!

Every LIMINAL FACTION can be DETONATED.

Say DETONATE (LIMINAL FACTION NAME)! to hit SUSWAIVE for 1x DIGNITY as damage.

The LIMINAL FACTION will then cease to exist.

To see LIMINAL FACTION standings, please see the Threadmarked Summaries.

But beware – REALITY and MY ASS both have negative values...

So you'll need to modify them with GAMBITS unless you want to HEAL SUSWAIVE!

You also get the sense that there's a missing LIMINAL FACTION, and locating it may be very advantageous.
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • DETONATE Unlocked!
Uh... another Liminal Faction? Are they talking about GAME?

By the way, is one STRIKE/GAMBIT per person and page still active?

maybe it's meat idk the direct freaked me out so I didn't watch it all the way through
So I've gone to great lengths to make a lot of images look like AI... but I haven't used any AI, for the record. This is all chaotic Photoshop and layered filters.

In fact, there are some places where I took screenshots of pre-existing AI images and collaged / liquified parts of them to make the images more convincing.

So I've gone to great lengths to make a lot of images look like AI... but I haven't used any AI, for the record. This is all chaotic Photoshop and layered filters.

In fact, there are some places where I took screenshots of pre-existing AI images and collaged / liquified parts of them to make the images more convincing.
That is actually super cool! They look very convincing. Proving human artists > robots pretending to be artists again :D

RESTRICTIONS ARE INACTIVE. I WAS WRONG. YOU CAN DO IT.
In that case...

For too long, MY ASS has suffered from indignity. Sure, it farts. And yes, sometimes it smells a bit! But does that make it any less deserving of dignity?

GAMBIT: I wash MY ASS, gently dry it, and place a lovely bow on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom