• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your photogenic dog mayor's political career is done for once I release the leg humping tapes. You flew too close to the sun, you wanted a voice of the people, someone who would listen and speak for you, someone who could shake hands, but all you elected was another animal.

GAMBIT: While everyone is busy dooming over a potential lack of Direct (or software) or asleep, I sneak into House TWO and feed some abyss-goo to their crickets, making them grow, so they'd eat the Death Note of meatbag 👀
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+1 ABYSS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 13 Limbs, Antennae, etc.

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 4

FAILURE (12/13)

trundling along on the way to House TWO, you check your goo container to see how it’s holding up.

it’s not. it’s gone. the goo completely dissolved the container! and your favorite bag! fuck!

you backtrack until you find it, and…

wow. yep. seems like it created a second, smaller abyss. like really small. tiny. just for fun.

better luck next time!
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10

in non tabletop game related news the ewi 4000s is the most beautiful thing I've ever owned
holy shit you have to tell me more about it

out of my price range but deeply in my interest range

GAMBIT: Make Bingle the surprise 5th candidate!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 10-Year Term (Dog Years)

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 3

SUCCESS (12/10)

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CANDIDACY, BINGLE!
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • BINGLE is now a CANDIDATE

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 10-Year Term (Dog Years)

Let’s Roll…
D1
2 + D2 3

SUCCESS (12/10)

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CANDIDACY, BINGLE!
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • BINGLE is now a CANDIDATE
Spectacular.

GAMBIT: GET SEGA TO PUT MORE GAMES ON MEGA DRIVE/GENESIS NSO
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+4 TWO Base Willpower

Threshold: 14 (16-bit Minus TWO)

Let’s Roll…
D1
5 + D2 2

FAILURE (11/14)

You beg SEGA to hear you…

But they’re simply gotta going too fast.
  • TWO loses Gambit Yeah!s x 8

I don't know if I'd want Bingle as game master. Not because he's a dog... kaiju... beetle thing. But because he's the pet of House LOVE.

Which brings me to my CANDIDATE QUESTION for BINGLE: How would you ensure the game remains fair if you're obviously biased towards one of the houses?

Also, new summary will be coming up soon, so please keep the moves on low for a couple pages so I can catch up!

too powerful, y’all. Updates nearly every three days…

I don't know if I'd want Bingle as game master. Not because he's a dog... kaiju... beetle thing. But because he's the pet of House LOVE.

Which brings me to my CANDIDATE QUESTION for BINGLE: How would you ensure the game remains fair if you're obviously biased towards one of the houses?
Isn't Bingle just a normal dog? Chitin of ABYSS is beetle thingy, and ƎVO⅃ ɘƨoH ʇo ɘlϱniઘ is a Kaiju, but I thought Bingle was just a standard PUPPY before they got named

holy shit you have to tell me more about it

out of my price range but deeply in my interest range
a few small thoughts

• it is so hard to blow through. I didn't think there'd be much physical resistance but it's like blowing through a meter long straw (or coffee stirrer even). it's night and day with my melodica or recorder. I've never played a normal reed instrument though, just trumpet, so I have no frame of reference there
  • related to the above, today I realized that I've overcompensated and have been blowing too hard to max out the sensor. controlling below it is hard because again meter long straw but that's where the expression lies
  • it takes software updates and patch data through its midi in port. I seriously had to play a .mid file through an old-school freeware midi player to update this thing. it downloads patches the same way
  • I bought an aftermarket patch library that is and was highly lauded by professional players but uh I can't get any of these patches to sound that great yet. I didn't really fuck with the stock ones though so maybe they'd be even worse
  • a wind instrument with a seven (and a half I guess?) octave range is insane. even without a wind instrument background or even a real music background at all the massive potential is starting to sink in. it's probably faster than a fucking keyboard
  • edit: oh and most important of all, the metal finish is like some sort of a polished gunmetal and it's gorgeous

nCt8YhY.jpeg

a few small thoughts

• it is so hard to blow through. I didn't think there'd be much physical resistance but it's like blowing through a meter long straw (or coffee stirrer even). it's night and day with my melodica or recorder. I've never played a normal reed instrument though, just trumpet, so I have no frame of reference there
  • related to the above, today I realized that I've overcompensated and have been blowing too hard to max out the sensor. controlling below it is hard because again meter long straw but that's where the expression lies
  • it takes software updates and patch data through its midi in port. I seriously had to play a .mid file through an old-school freeware midi player to update this thing. it downloads patches the same way
  • I bought an aftermarket patch library that is and was highly lauded by professional players but uh I can't get any of these patches to sound that great yet. I didn't really fuck with the stock ones though so maybe they'd be even worse
  • a wind instrument with a seven (and a half I guess?) octave range is insane. even without a wind instrument background or even a real music background at all the massive potential is starting to sink in. it's probably faster than a fucking keyboard
  • edit: oh and most important of all, the metal finish is like some sort of a polished gunmetal and it's gorgeous
fuck yeah that’s wild 😍

…trumpet squad solidarity and apologies…

Isn't Bingle just a normal dog? Chitin of ABYSS is beetle thingy, and ƎVO⅃ ɘƨoH ʇo ɘlϱniઘ is a Kaiju, but I thought Bingle was just a standard PUPPY before they got named
exactly. normal dogs also shed full husks like cicadas — which then become sentient — and contain the power to corrupt their mirror selves

I got 2 capri suns for 1 once by carefully choosing a vending machine with the capri sun just barely hanging on, ask me anything

Dang they got Pikmin 4 Capri Sun at work

GDfHB5oWYAAkiB6.jpg:large

(not my pic but couldn't get a good photo of it)
w5UwR67.jpeg

just another normal dog!!

unrelated but has anyone here ever had an aneurysm? not part of the game, having a weird one with the body and panic attacks today. can’t tell if this is normal pain / headache or if I should be more worried.

Finally realized that my door opening and closing sounds were not my own, and are extremely easy to record at home.

Gonna be able to submit to steam really really soon, possibly by the end of this week. Let's gooooo

A new challenger has entered the ring, Spongeroth. And to spare my wrath I won’t attack the god of two, Horace, I will strike ABYSS for the name of BOOKS

Sehpirhorace is dead, I killed him

my media consumption is currently all sci-fi:
metroid prime remastered
halo: tv show
the expanse novels
the expanse tv show
doctor who

Finally realized that my door opening and closing sounds were not my own, and are extremely easy to record at home.

Gonna be able to submit to steam really really soon, possibly by the end of this week. Let's gooooo
hell yeah, be sure to add "foley artist" to your resume

Got a pair of fun deals in(well one was a very slight deal, but it’s been on my to get list since 2019ish probably? One of the first kits I ever saw in store in person)

IMG_8347.jpg

(Now I just need to play P5R… and P5S… then I can play this XD. Maybe I should skip from P3P to P5R since it isn’t grabbing me)

time to get gaming tho. Also probably building the Biggus Mchugeguy moderoid next
There's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball be president
There is. It’s called an age minimum that dogs could never reach

unrelated but has anyone here ever had an aneurysm?
So you don't usually feel an aneurysm unless it pops, which causes what we call a thunderclap headache, which is a severe headache that is literally described in textbooks as "agonizing" and "blinding" and "the worst headache ever."

So hopefully that's not what you're feeling. If you're feeling the pain on only one side of the head, it's likely a migraine.

Candidate Bingles

The crickets

The Sephihorses that fill the skies

This is a world ruled by animals

A Demon Slayer game in the style of Mario Party is not something I had on my bingo card and now I think I need this in my life... 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom