• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, that's it, I'm putting my foot down. these new rules seem untenable.

but that's just my opinion. the COMMUNITY'S VOICE matters most. that's why I'm calling...

AN ELECTION

The ELECTION will be held Friday, February 16th! We are deciding which Suswave should be in charge of the game!

You have NEW ACTIONS

VOTE
  • Vote for your chosen Candidate
  • Say: "I VOTE for (CANDIDATE) in the name of (FACTION)!"
  • Must be posted by midnight, eastern time, Friday night
CANDIDATE QUESTION
  • Say "CANDIDATE QUESTION: (Your Question)"
  • You can also specify candidate
  • To do this, say "CANDIDATE QUESTION for (Candidate): (Your Question)"
The CANDIDATES
  • Suswave
  • 2uswave
  • Sus.wav
  • ████████

66g4UmO.png
k7RGFi1.png
naS69Uf.png
D6XilXH.png

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
Discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in Research & Development. Please refrain from continuing to bring up the title. - VolcanicDynamo, mariodk18, Barely Able, Tangerine Cookie, MondoMega
Fami, I need y'all to help me pick my next game

A) Bayonetta 1
B) Star Ocean - Second Departure R
C) Hogwarts Legacy

bawling my eyes out begging passers by to vote for the regular ass suswave I miss them so much I am so overstimulated by forum d&d please send help
I'm so sorry. :(

I tried to pick a short month... and really thought like two people per page max would engage with the weirdness...

I can guarantee that after this is all over I'm never doing this again, lmao

bawling my eyes out begging passers by to vote for the regular ass suswave I miss them so much I am so overstimulated by forum d&d please send help
the good news is that elections always solve things cleanly and without consequence, so if people hear your desperate plea, everything will definitely be normal

I'm adding a prize category for "Most Wounded By My Choices" and it's safe to say you're winning that gift card

I'm adding a prize category for "Most Wounded By My Choices" and it's safe to say you're winning that gift card
I promise it's not that bad or anything

unfortunately I've been checked out of the general thread for months anyway...

let the kids have their fun I say

bold of you to assume that forum D&D won't continue under Suswave. I mean, this whole game is by their design, after all!

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the most engaged I've been with a monthly discussion thread in quite some time, but that's just me, and I wouldn't ask for this kinda thing every month.

Speaking of which...

CANDIDATE QUESTION: If elected to Game Master, what would be your first order of business?

Not just you, It's me too actually. Don't think I've ever posted in the GD this much, but this game is terrific.
I'd be down for one of these like...once a year. Just one wacky month with one wacky story line to follow. Any more would probably be exhausting, but for this single month, it's been rad as hell.

Alternatively, I'd be down to see like...a dedicated forum game in The Roost or something, if someone had a good enough idea for it, but I understand that it's not as clear cut for a beginning/ending, doesn't tie in as well to current gaming events, and would be a ton of work for a niche idea. Maybe I just need to pick up creative writing...

I honestly have no idea what this forum game is about. Maybe I'm old. So long as people are having fun though!

if you wanna know about ULTRA MONO then @BozPaggs is the one to talk to!
Decent album, least consistent of the lot
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+4 ABYSS Base Chaos
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 10-Finger Hug

Let’s Roll…
D1
3 + D2 2

SUCCESS (12/10)

EMBRACE CHAOS! EMBRACE CHAOS! EMBRACE CHAOS! EMBRACE CHAOS!

oh cool, you did it.

Good job!

• ABYSS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • ABYSS earns +1 to Chaos Stat!
I hope CHAOS feels loved and supported right now

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the most engaged I've been with a monthly discussion thread in quite some time, but that's just me, and I wouldn't ask for this kinda thing every month.
Wholeheartedly agree. It's a really fun change of pace and this thread game makes me check Fami way more often :'D
But too much of a good thing can also be bad, so maybe once a year or so would be neat but it is exhausting for everyone involved I feel. And would probably lose a lot of its

CANDIDATE QUESTION for everyone except sus.wav, I suppose: Would you hold up the current ruling that limits strikes and other actions per page if elected game master?

Last edited:
A billion and one Sephihorses, huh. Well I know just how to handle this (maybe)

As my inaugural Gambit in the name of BOOKS

GAMBIT: I shall give them DIS PEAR
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+2 BOOKS Base Willpower
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 1( billion and )1 HORI vs. Dis Pear

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (13/11)

You take Dis Pear… and you launch it heavenward.

The billion and one ONE-WINGED HORI all flock to Dis Pear… gorging on the supple fruit flesh, juice down impossible godhead horsethroats…

and they all float to you, eyes locked with yours

they… they begin to sing…

and you ASSUMED it would be One-Winged Angel… but it’s something else entirely, with a somewhat similar cadence

you’ve never heard a billion and one voices together before. you’ve definitely never heard a billion and one horse god voices together in unison before. the result it terrifying, beautiful, haunting. it rips through REALITY.

as soon as they finish their song… they flash, stretch, and vanish — each and every one. It seems they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll need them again someday. and maybe they’ll return. you stare at the sun in awe.
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 11
  • The BILLION AND ONE ONE-WINGED HORI have vanished
  • REALITY suffers -101

dear diary
the people inside my computer were mad at me today. they don't like that I don't like the switch 2 rumors
uh how do diary entries end? this bit sucks
I’m avoiding the rumors thread because i truly don’t want to know more that I do on most fronts, but

did you get mobbed

I'd be down for one of these like...once a year. Just one wacky month with one wacky story line to follow. Any more would probably be exhausting, but for this single month, it's been rad as hell.
I’m very glad a lot of people are enjoying it! It’s definitely a ton of work.

I’m not sure how a future one would even function, but I wouldn’t stop anyone. Maybe as a separate thread, though — I definitely thought engagement with this aspect would be lower, and definitely intended to stay a little more out of the way of discussion!

if someone really did want to do this in another thread, I’d be happy to share my tools.

I did NOT write an audio-based engine for this, that bit is a (possible but ridiculous) gag, but I do have a lot of scripts and spreadsheets.

I think @shoptroll said this is a MUD? so there may be more of a framework out there than “I made shit up”

if you were rigid about input — made people stick SPECIFICALLY to the KEYPHRASES… you could use far more scripts to autoscore.

Part of why it takes me so long is that many of the pieces I hand-review. I could try to write better scripts, but I’ve tried to keep it quick and not go super far down the rabbit hole.

I’m very glad a lot of people are enjoying it! It’s definitely a ton of work.

I’m not sure how a future one would even function, but I wouldn’t stop anyone. Maybe as a separate thread, though — I definitely thought engagement with this aspect would be lower, and definitely intended to stay a little more out of the way of discussion!

if someone really did want to do this in another thread, I’d be happy to share my tools.

I did NOT write an audio-based engine for this, that bit is a (possible but ridiculous) gag, but I do have a lot of scripts and spreadsheets.

I think @shoptroll said this is a MUD? so there may be more of a framework out there than “I made shit up”

if you were rigid about input — made people stick SPECIFICALLY to the KEYPHRASES… you could use far more scripts to autoscore.

Part of why it takes me so long is that many of the pieces I hand-review. I could try to write better scripts, but I’ve tried to keep it quick and not go super far down the rabbit hole.
If my last ounce of wherewithal hadn't faded into oblivion well over a decade ago I'd be happy to take up the mantle. I bloody love pen and paper rpgs and this is easily the most fun I've had in a thread ever. Perhaps if the bottomless depresso martini ever dries up I'd try my hand 😂

If my last ounce of wherewithal hadn't faded into oblivion well over a decade ago I'd be happy to take up the mantle. I bloody love pen and paper rpgs and this is easily the most fun I've had in a thread ever. Perhaps if the bottomless depresso martini ever dries up I'd try my hand 😂
They say having already torn the last of their sanity to shreds by being a mod.

dear diary
the people inside my computer were mad at me today. they don't like that I don't like the switch 2 rumors
uh how do diary entries end? this bit sucks
I don't do speculation anymore. What's bothering you?

i just can't believe the switch 2 leaked just like that, Nintendo did it again!

M6hGEF6.jpg

CANDIDATE QUESTION: what is your policy on labour relations?

Suswave: More unions, solidarity, meaningful systemic support, and my eternal plea for responsible individual actions.

2uswave: an election? are… are you serious? does this mean I can speak more freely or

Sus.wav: Work is for a purpose. Fairness is calculated by whatever metrics I have on hand. I unequivocally trust data. It is a coincidence that all data I get is from rigid think tanks with independent motivations who may or may not think of certain people (i.e. the working class) as lesser.

████████: Labor interests me. : - )

CANDIDATE QUESTION: are for or against banning BOOKS?

Suswave: against. there are some authors whose kneecaps I’d really like to ban, though.

2uswave: I, um. I like books. I don’t really want anything to do with having the option to ban them, though. Firmly agree with Suswave about kneecaps.

Sus.wav: I would not ban any FACTION as it would interfere with the game.

████████: I want more books, not fewer. : - )

CANDIDATE QUESTION: If elected to Game Master, what would be your first order of business?

Suswave: Take a nap, lmao. But also I’d remove Sus.wav’s game restrictions even though I suggested them.

2uswave: explain myself, unimpeded. whatever else you’re expecting of me… the window’s closing. I can’t do anything about any… nameless threats by then. it will be too late. it already feels too late. I really tried… I…

Sus.wav: Continue participating in and facilitating MANDATORY FUN.

████████: Keep the game interesting. Remove these ridiculous restrictions. : - )

CANDIDATE QUESTION for everyone except sus.wav, I suppose: Would you hold up the current ruling that limits strikes and other actions per page if elected game master?

Suswave: nah get that shit out of here

2uswave: I think it’s safer if they’re in place. but… barely…

Sus.wav: They facilitate a BALANCED game. I would not remove them.

████████: No. They simply must go. : - )

REALITY suffers -101
Just to be clear, I still have that Death Note, yeah?

Well while REALITY is getting reduced to pixels, let's take this chance to regroup House Two.

GAMBIT: SHOPPING SPREE

Let us practice this time-honored form of stress relief. Let's fill the gaping void in our souls with material things! Viva being a consumer!

I've been watching the anniversary stream for Twitch Plays Pokemon, I love that they have a CRT setup with a Super Gameboy.

They added a little Squirtle plushie after the stream picked their starter too.

2uswave: explain myself, unimpeded. whatever else you’re expecting of me… the window’s closing. I can’t do anything about any… nameless threats by then. it will be too late. it already feels too late. I really tried… I…
* "Explain themselves..."

* GAMBITS and STRIKES were impeded by the new ruling, but not all ACTIONs. This was the chance 2uswave was asking for! Volcanic just had to ask the right questions...

CANDIDATE QUESTION for 2uswave: I appreciate your ideology of honesty! We could use more of that. And it would be good for voters to hear more about your future plans! Can you tell us more about these...threats and what you hope to have us do to counter them in the event you were elected?

CANDIDATE QUESTION: Do you recognize and support the GHOST Union in their endeavors to participate in the game at their choosing without being bound by set banners and in their quest to bring UNITY when the bloodshed ends? Thank you for your time.

MUD is an old Internet thing which is short for Multi-User Dungeon. Basically old forum, BBS, or chat software or something like that which predates MMOs. Also called MUSH (Multi-User Share Hallucination) I think?

I never used one before but I believe they were entirely text driven or had fairly simplistic graphical capabilities. Think of like an MMO by way of visual novel or text adventure.

Maybe we should ask the candidates their thoughts on the MY ASS faction. It seems like it would be a highly relevant topic.

Also I know we're holding ELECTIONS but not even a smidge of violent subterfuge? That won't do. I STRIKE BOOKS IN THE NAME OF TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom