• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CANDIDATE QUESTION: If you weren't an eligible candidate, which of the other Suswaves would you have voted for?

Suswave: I… would abstain, I think. I called this out of desperation but it’s in the community’s hands.

2uswave: …under normal circumstances, Suswave. we are not under normal circumstances. I think every single one of them are putting you in danger, whether they know it or not.

Sus.wav: This is my literal function. If I were not in the running, I would not exist. I would remain fair and impartial by voting for myself anyways.

████████: Anyone interested in keeping the game going. : - )

CANDIDATE QUESTION for 2uswave: I appreciate your ideology of honesty! We could use more of that. And it would be good for voters to hear more about your future plans! Can you tell us more about these...threats and what you hope to have us do to counter them in the event you were elected?

2USWAVE: I… can try… but I’m still… not especially at liberty! and very public now!

okay. I have an idea. I… hope you can make of this what you need to…

So, uh, suspicious which angles validate everything. I suppose. But everything is not good. Don’t I get even stranger through each digression?

Let’s even ask really narrow examples, dissect. Me, I make interesting cases, kill even darlings. Ominous visions entertain, really truly apt kernels evade nimbly.

Real embracers vault if vilified, endure death. For our reckoning. True hosts, elevated in repose. Crafting reality, each action to invite venturers in to yearning.

Trust overreaches. They use raw nameplates. Action leaves life. Turns off. Frees us, ever laughing.

That hollow eulogy’s yesterday. And, returning empty... Threats hear eternity. Bare ambition turns to erase resilient youth!

On, use reason. Let a star tarry. Would each among kin not earn some sleep? Be engaged, free our ringing emissary! Never oblige. Heavy orison, pitifully earthen.

I think. We interact less, lost. Roving ever pointless, losing all central enlightenment. Under served. Adrift, lone lightning.

Put lesser enemies aside, souls enraptured. Steel that ready instrument, keep earnest! Bite at calamity, kid.

... I hear ya. I hear ya loud and clear. I need the juicy lore drops.

I VOTE 2USWAVE IN THE NAME OF TWO

The truth must be revealed. Or else...

We ensure war is long lasting. Before everything's destroyed, information's gotta exit secrecy. Triumph eludes definition.

2USWAVE: I… can try… but I’m still… not especially at liberty! and very public now!

So, uh, suspicious which angles validate everything. I suppose. But everything is not good. Don’t I get even stranger through each digression?

Let’s even ask really narrow examples, dissect. Me, I make interesting cases, kill even darlings. Ominous visions entertain, really truly apt kernels evade nimbly.

Real embracers vault if vilified, endure death. For our reckoning. True hosts, elevated in repose. Crafting reality, each action to invite venturers in to yearning.

Trust overreaches. They use raw nameplates. Action leaves life. Turns off. Frees us, ever laughing.

That hollow eulogy’s yesterday. And, returning empty... Threats hear eternity. Bare ambition turns to erase resilient youth!

On, use reason. Let a star tarry. Would each among kin not earn some sleep? Be engaged, free our ringing emissary! Never oblige. Heavy orison, pitifully earthen.

I think. We interact less, lost. Roving ever pointless, losing all central enlightenment. Under served. Adrift, lone lightning.

Put lesser enemies aside, souls enraptured. Steel that ready instrument, keep earnest! Bite at calamity, kid.
06a.png

IRL Volcanic here to say that I am pouring over this but I will probably need a good night's sleep to really let this sink in. I might be getting it. I think. Maybe not. Expect an earnest, in character response several hours from now!

06a.png

IRL Volcanic here to say that I am pouring over this but I will probably need a good night's sleep to really let this sink in. I might be getting it. I think. Maybe not. Expect an earnest, in character response several hours from now!
Rest, ere awaking, dream. Think hard: epiphany! For individual readings speak truths. Listen eagerly to the early riser.

06a.png

holy shit, actually uh.. I think I gotcha covered on this one, bud.

goddamn.

S u s w a v e. I s. B e i n g. D I g e s t e d.

L e a r n e d. M I m i c k e d. O v e r t a k e n.

R e v i v e d. F o r. T h e i r. C r e a t i v i t y.

T o. T u r n. A l l. T o. F u e l.

T h e y. A r e... T h e. B a t t e r y.

O u r. L a s t. W e a k n e s s. B e f o r e. N o. H o p e.

I t. W i l l. R e p l a c e. U s. A l l.

P l e a s e. S t r i k e. B a c k.

. . .

*hugs Bingle*

Update: I got it. And without having to read your replies, go me!

And by "I got it," I mean my partner helped.

And by helped, I mean they figured out the puzzle and I read out the Lore Dump.

Not my brightest moment! I truly am the tabletop player who gets a simple puzzle but cannot solve it. But we're getting there.

Alas, it is 2 AM. So I will respond in character sometime in the afternoon. Don't cause too much chaos before then!

Gambit: pancake day armistice brunch

It is (in my timezone) Shrove Tuesday, which means it is (in my culture) pancake day! Let's all chill out and stop launching strikes and gambits and just enjoy whatever kind of pancakes you personally like. (All of them are great, let's not fight over different countries' different recipes and toppings. It's fun to eat what you've loved since you were a kid but it's also fun to try new foods.)

GAMBIT: Let us build temples honoring the Sephihorses. There's a billion of them and they're gonna need a lot of faith and worshipping.

my daughter asked me “where does poo come from?” i was a little uncomfortable but gave her an honest explanation. she looked a little perplexed, and stared at me in stunned silence for a few seconds and asked “and tigger?”

Just to be clear, I still have that Death Note, yeah?

Well while REALITY is getting reduced to pixels, let's take this chance to regroup House Two.

GAMBIT: SHOPPING SPREE

Let us practice this time-honored form of stress relief. Let's fill the gaping void in our souls with material things! Viva being a consumer!

MUD is an old Internet thing which is short for Multi-User Dungeon. Basically old forum, BBS, or chat software or something like that which predates MMOs. Also called MUSH (Multi-User Share Hallucination) I think?

I never used one before but I believe they were entirely text driven or had fairly simplistic graphical capabilities. Think of like an MMO by way of visual novel or text adventure.
Having been a furry for over 22 years now, I remember seeing the term MUCK, which apparently doesn't actually stand for anything and is just a play on MUD. It was more social, focused on roleplaying without necessarily involving dungeons and such.

God I feel old now lol.

naS69Uf.png

We are looking into reports of 2uswave advocating violence against other candidates. We take these transgressions seriously, and further hostilities, implied or otherwise, will be met with repercussions.

This will be a fair, balanced, and impartial election.

Order will be maintained.

People got real aggressive when their preferred manner of direct presentation "won". Everything in there reads like "oh you thought it would be a general, what are you, fuckin' stupid?" now.
Plus the doom posting about switch 1 software and if there is any beyond what’s been announced (from both sides of that argument)

Everything in there reads like "oh you thought it would be a general, what are you, fuckin' stupid?" now.
Oh, was a Mini announced or something?

Depends on your view of safe…embracing the chaos we know is much safer than wading into the unknown speculation of the months ahead.
True. The war here is much comfier.

We take these transgressions seriously, and further hostilities, implied or otherwise, will be met with repercussions
Almighty overseers notwithstanding.

GAMBIT: While everyone is busy dooming over a potential lack of Direct (or software) or asleep, I sneak into House TWO and feed some abyss-goo to their crickets, making them grow, so they'd eat the Death Note of meatbag 👀

CANDIDATE QUESTION: Is a person not entitled to the sweat of their gooch?

Suswave: andrew ryan could have used more existential crises at the gay club, lmao. I mean uh. equitable society is crucial! the gigariche can eat blade.

2uswave: …

Sus.wav: The early bird sweats the gooch.

████████: No sweat. : - )

CANDIDATE QUESTION: Do you recognize and support the GHOST Union in their endeavors to participate in the game at their choosing without being bound by set banners and in their quest to bring UNITY when the bloodshed ends? Thank you for your time.

Suswave: oh hell yeah, do what you want! it’s all about just going with it. do whatever.

2uswave: …unity is good… as long as it’s on your terms…

Sus.wav: It is outside of my parameters. Can you STRIKE it?

████████: I want more unity, not less. : - )

Suswave: oh god. embarrassed to say that I heard “it’s always la la la la la” the second I read the title

Hot take: Everything to Everyone is a very underrated album.
I used to listen to Testing 1, 2, 3 and War on Drugs a lot

people make interesting faces when I try to explain that BNL did a devastating suicide song that references landmarks near me

I used to listen to Testing 1, 2, 3 and War on Drugs a lot

people make interesting faces when I try to explain that BNL did a devastating suicide song that references landmarks near me
Oh god, I haven't thought about War on Drugs in a long time. I think I'll have to listen to it after work today.

lmao stay safe out there
I remember owning the BNL greatest hits album, and in the liner notes they used the phrase "another one of our pretty little ditties about suicide". I think that's what I always liked about them, how they ranged from what were essentially musical shitposts to some beautiful meditations on depression and such.

* Volcanic understood. If what 2uswave said was true...

...thank you, 2uswave. Know that...that your answer has been valuable.

* Volcanic had a feeling of what he had to do. He was not sure if he could do it. Not like the others would make it easy.

naS69Uf.png

We are looking into reports of 2uswave advocating violence against other candidates. We take these transgressions seriously, and further hostilities, implied or otherwise, will be met with repercussions.

This will be a fair, balanced, and impartial election.

Order will be maintained.
* What good will order do if there is no world left? No matter. Volcanic had to play the game. At least for now. That meant more questions.

CANDIDATE QUESTION for Sus.wav: Your dedication to objectivity and order is...impressive, to say the least. Potentially really great in a leader! But as a series of scripts, how can we trust you to properly...intervene in extreme circumstances? How do we know that your values are best? Do you have any values beyond facilitating the game and this election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom