• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest In Peace, 2uswave. You live on in me, but you will be missed. I will strive to be better for you, see the world with your eyes, live truer and fuller for your sacrifice. Thank you for everything. We love you.

I’d like to remember our other dead as well:
  • Suswave
  • The Soupreme Court*
  • Suswave a second time
  • Sus.wav*
  • MY ASS
  • Suswave a third time
  • Many forms of SuswAIve
  • Mr_No_U, canonically
*dead for real, everyone else came back

Last edited:
In loving memory of House Books' library that got shredded by fourth dimensional silverfish, for some reason I can't remember.
oh yeah the library got fucked like three different times at LEAST

With the singing voice of a thousand flies emissaries of The ABYSS perform Ave Mario! ...to no ovation.

To all the guys, gals and non-binary pals of the Gen Disco we exalt you.
While the battles were hard fought and many fell, records of your achievements will hold a place of honour within The Great Void and the spirits of the fallen will become part of us, living on in their own way, to inspire jams and revel in chaos.
Your humanity has been proven, your lives forever altered by your experiences here, the bonds forged with your fellow Famicomrades are now unbreakable.
Remember the fallen, honour their memory. Shitpost.

Athem.

OK so I'm finally playing the classic Sonic games. Playing the Origins Collection to bide my time before Rebirth comes out...

...and I'm happy to announce that I have finally experienced the Sonic CD soundtrack. Both the American and Japanese versions.

Holy shit

OK so I'm finally playing the classic Sonic games. Playing the Origins Collection to bide my time before Rebirth comes out...

...and I'm happy to announce that I have finally experienced the Sonic CD soundtrack. Both the American and Japanese versions.

Holy shit
When I first experienced Sonic CD, I was like "why doesn't every game look and sound like Sonic CD?"

Then I died five times on Metal Sonic because the spin dash didn't work.

Finally finished work, long week and I’m wiped out. Working on a kit for a bit then it’s game time

Between Endless Ocean and World of Goo 2, May 2024 is the new 2008.
The two of them arriving into a relatively quiet year for a wildly successful Nintendo platform...

whatyearisit-cardiac.gif

Last edited:
* After so much conflict, it was time to remember the dearly departed. Volcanic arrived to the funeral as soon as he could, taking a seat in the front row. He watched as the video feed started...

* This video brought back memories of the first time 2uswave reached out through video. Would she have enjoyed this tribute? She might have found it a bit awkward, but he'd like to think she'd appreciate it regardless. The thought made Volcanic softly chuckle to himself. If only he could ask her for himself...
Rest In Peace, 2uswave. You live on in me, but you will be missed. I will strive to be better for you, see the world with your eyes, live truer and fuller for your sacrifice. Thank you for everything. We love you.

I’d like to remember our other dead as well:
  • Suswave
  • The Soupreme Court*
  • Suswave a second time
  • Sus.wav*
  • MY ASS
  • Suswave a third time
  • Many forms of SuswAIve
  • Mr_No_U, canonically
*dead for real, everyone else came back
Thank you for your beautiful words, Suswave. If I am allowed to give a few words myself...

* Volcanic stepped up to the front of the room.

I didn't know 2uswave for very long. We met in trying circumstances. So much of our time together was spent trying to just make contact, let alone dealing with the chaos surrounding us. She had such a terrible life...born with thoughts and memories that weren't her own, having to work through so much confusion and pain to find herself. But she cared. She cared so much, and she never gave up, even when the odds were against her. 2uswave became the hero who saved us all. I just...I just wish...

* Volcanic took a deep breath.

2uswave didn't deserve this. She never got to experience a life outside of all this fighting. There was so much ahead of her! She never got to pick a name for herself! She wanted to travel the world! She should have been given a chance to grow and change and live! And now she's gone, a-and...and she's never going to get any of that.

2uswave...I wish we got to talk more. I wish I could have heard about all the places you went to, and the new food you got to try and the people you met. I wish you could have some of my baked goods! I wish I could tell you how much your videos made me laugh! Maybe we could have found out what made you laugh. You...you should have been able to be happy.

There was something I wanted to give you before you left on your journey of self-discovery. Even if we didn't get to see each other again, it would have been a way for you to never forget about us. I think it belongs with you more than me.

* Volcanic removed the medal adorning his cap, placing it down in front of the memorial.

SPIT WINNER - a badge that Suswave gave Volcanic in a previous thread.

Thank you, 2uswave. I'm glad I got to know you. May you rest in peace, and may we never forget you.

In honor of my house TWO soup joke from the beginning of the thread, I made homemade zuppa toscana.

IMG-2423.jpg
wow, funny story, the phrase “soup joke” unlocked a core memory

and I have no way to explain it without sounding even wackier than I already do

Okay, but now you have to tell us.
alright

so

when I turned 19 — which in Canada is like the “drink legally in public” birthday — I rented a hotel room with a few friends

and one of them — “Friend A” — was my like long-distance bff, who just sort of has a way with delivery

the other — “Friend B” — was a more recent friend, simultaneously sillier and more serious. like… on a very easy edge.

so a couple of hotel room drinks in, before wandering the streets, were all shootin’ the shit

and Friend B seems like. serious, composed.

and Friend A, puckish and wry, takes this as a challenge.

and they just go, “I bet I can make you laugh.”

Friend B steels themself and says, “oh really? go on.”

and Friend A just leans in very gently, hand on Friend B’s shoulder, and says, “Hey Friend B… poop joke.”

Friend B loses their SHIT. collapses, laughing, a complete mess on the ground for damn near ten minutes.

But that’s not all — throughout the night, Friend A would find perfect openings to do it again. and it worked EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just in casual conversation. Smooth as ice. “Hey Friend B…” - “Yeah?” - “Poop joke.”

Collapsing with laughter. Each and every time. Incredible to behold.

happy to present ALL THE CUTSCENES for this thread, because that was the very last one

Edit: what the fuck… idk why it’s automatically being “age-restricted”

Edit 2: Okay, they reversed the decision!

Last edited:
Is Kyoko’s Kyubey dead? No holes or arrows sticking out of it.

Not sure if I get the full joke here, but Umihara Kawase rules!
It's more of a surrealist type of shitpost where the closest thing to a joke here is that I for some reason already had a police lineup of obscure Japan-only Super Famicom platformer box arts pasted onto Madoka Magica fanart. I do not claim to be good at it, but we were told to use our worst shitposts...

It's more of a surrealist type of shitpost where the closest thing to a joke here is that I for some reason already had a police lineup of obscure Japan-only Super Famicom platformer box arts pasted onto Madoka Magica fanart. I do not claim to be good at it, but we were told to use our worst shitposts...
Ah got it. I did largely get the joke then, but wasn’t sure 100% haha.

TIL there are actually people using waterproof bags just so people can use their phone when taking a shower??? People really do this?

TIL there are actually people using waterproof bags just so people can use their phone when taking a shower??? People really do this?
I thought it was more for people soaking in bathtubs. Some folks spends a lot of time in there. Not sure about showers, I kinda feel like the point of a shower is that you get it done quick so why even bother bringing anything.

Dang, I'm over here just queueing a podcast and resting my phone on the vanity like a sucker. I could be posting trash to Famiboards while I have a bath? What an age we live in.

I thought it was more for people soaking in bathtubs. Some folks spends a lot of time in there. Not sure about showers, I kinda feel like the point of a shower is that you get it done quick so why even bother bringing anything.
Yes, that was my understanding too, like, just get in the shower, soap up, rinse and finish. Using one when taking a bath makes more sense. Still, it seems a little bit strange to me but then again, I'm not that addicted to my phone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom