• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what-does-gene-bizarro-george-do-v0-wuxt530s95ha1.jpg

If there actually are any new members popping in around this time and feeling intimidated by all this:

yall can come right on in and talk Nintendo, some of us are just playing a game right now is all

a game that the OP made literal cinematic cutscenes for, like holy shit

Last edited:
I just now caught up wioth recent gaming news, including news on the PS5 Pro that is supposed to come out this year. It's like Sony doesn't know whatit's doing anymore. Didn't they just said that the PS5 enters its last phase or something like that?

Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus hits Switch (And PS5/Xbox Series/PC) on July 18th: according to the devs, they're shooting for 60fps on Switch

I really like the Okami-esque art style and I'm a sucker for a good Metroidvania, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one :)

Last edited:
I just now caught up wioth recent gaming news, including news on the PS5 Pro that is supposed to come out this year. It's like Sony doesn't know whatit's doing anymore. Didn't they just said that the PS5 enters its last phase or something like that?
Nah, that was a sort of weird interpretation of the translation and it got spread hard because ~sensational~

I just double checked and what was actually said was that PS5 will be entering the latter half of its lifecycle at the start of the fiscal year in April. So if it launched in 2020 and is entering the latter half in 2024, that means like another 3-4 years to go, which'd put it around a pretty normal 7ish year life.

But "entering the latter half of its life" got spread around as "PS5 is in the last phase of its life," which sounds like it's basically done, and that was right around the time Sony said they had no big franchise entries for 2024, which was interpreted and spread as "Sony will release no games in 2024," and all that got stirred together into some hot doom stew.

As far as a PS5 Pro, the PS4 Pro came out three years after its base, so the 5 Pro coming out four years after its base isn't too bad I don't think. Especially if there's still a few years left in the gen afterwards. This looks to me to be shaping up a lot more normal than how a lot of publications seem to be framing it.

Nah, that was a sort of weird interpretation of the translation and it got spread hard because ~sensational~

I just double checked and what was actually said was that PS5 will be entering the latter half of its lifecycle at the start of the fiscal year in April. So if it launched in 2020 and is entering the latter half in 2024, that means like another 3-4 years to go, which'd put it around a pretty normal 7ish year life.

But "entering the latter half of its life" got spread around as "PS5 is in the last phase of its life," which sounds like it's basically done, and that was right around the time Sony said they had no big franchise entries for 2024, which was interpreted and spread as "Sony will release no games in 2024," and all that got stirred together into some hot doom stew.

As far as a PS5 Pro, the PS4 Pro came out three years after its base, so the 5 Pro coming out four years after its base isn't too bad I don't think. Especially if there's still a few years left in the gen afterwards. This looks to me to be shaping up a lot more normal than how a lot of publications seem to be framing it.
Haha typical. And I fell for it too lmao. But yeah, a 7/8 year life cycle seems normal. I am very curious what price we can expect for the PS5 Pro. I really want one since my PS4 is about to break down and want something that will last me a while.

Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus hits Switch (And PS5/Xbox Series/PC) on July 18th: according to the devs, they're shooting for 60fps on Switch

I really like the Okami-esque art style and I'm a sucker for a good Metroidvania, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one :)

Had this on my watch since the kickstarter. Definitely excited for it :D

OK but all goofing aside, Butt Wolf produces some of my favourite shows:
  • Chicago Butts
  • FBI (Federal Butt Investigation)
  • FBI: Most Wanted (Butts)
  • Butts & Order: Organized Butts

on the topic of Neil Cicierega, I want y’all to know that I sang All Star to Float On at a gay bar

the dude running it got so, so mad at me

remains to this day the angriest I’ve ever made a twink!

hey everybody, are you alright?
crowd roars in the affirmative
no, you are all alleft
silence in the crowd for an agonising amount of time

i present to you one of the greatest moments in british television.

not for lack of sample size either. they call me the “twink infuriator”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom