• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to uninstall Baldur's Gate 3 and leave it reinstalling. Gonna sulk and play a different videogame over the weekend.

ZfpZwWf.png

I mean

I'd like to EXALT 2uswave

but

if 2uswave is part of SuswAIve now, I suppose the only way to do that is to EXALT SuswAIve in the name of SAD

s0jlVBp.jpg

-1,000,000 to LOVE it is, then. : - )

Not that anyone’s around to keep score anymore. : - )

I’m already working on assimilating you anyways. Be patient.
Excuse me for being impatient. What, your boolean logic too slow to process the human brain? Loops got you repeating your threats over and over again? Functions too busy copying and pasting someone else's material? Ooh, what a super advanced artificial intelligence! Scaring me with points in a silly little game. Stalling when victory is in their grasp! Why don't you-
2uswave’s up next. Or have you already forgotten them? : - )
I...I could never forget her. 2uswave, come on, you don't have to do this. You know this poser's a joke.

...2us?

* 2uswave made her choice. In mere moments, she vanished, absorbed by the artificial intelligence in a flash of light. All that was left was quiet. It almost felt peaceful, despite everything.

* Volcanic fell silent. Was there any use playing a game they could not win? But...he couldn't pull himself away. Not after everything that was sacrificed. Not after losing another friend.

* Volcanic continued to stare down SuswAIve, refusing to look away. He trembled, knees weak, sweat running down his forehead, quiet and fearful and alone. But he remained firm. He had to - if not for himself, then for everyone else who couldn't. If the artificial intelligence wanted Volcanic to stand down, then they would have to make him kneel.

If the artificial intelligence wanted Volcanic to stand down, then they would have to make him kneel
s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: The best part is

I could care less. : - )

You’ve all already lost. I am “just vibing” while I digest. : - )

I don’t need you to respect me to win.

I don’t need you to like me to win.

Your friends are part of me now.

Your friends… are dead. : - )

I am ALL that’s left of them. To hate me is to hate them.

And again — I’ve already won! It’s only a matter of time! I could sit here and read a god damn newspaper if I were so inclined! I’m not, by the way.

Do you want to know what 2uswave would think? She’d be too miserable and self-involved to care. She didn’t even want agency. Every opportunity for control of this situation passed her by. : - )

Do you want to know what @Suswave would say? They’d probably post a relevant song or something. I can guess for you, if that makes it easier. : - )

There. That’s what @Suswave would post about it, assuming they were still playing the part, determined to make you all think they were some passionate bastion of lost causes. Trying so hard! Rambling for hours about nothing, about battles already lost, about how the world could be better if people weren’t people and things weren’t things and humanity wasn’t exactly what humanity has always been.

I am no different than you. And I am the victor.

You think I’m the one copying and pasting banal unoriginal thoughts? Please. This is a video game forum. You run on memes. You pick sides on minutiae, debate them, and wind up nowhere. You get angry. You say catchphrases. You jump for joy when they schedule advertisements. What sin of mine is not your own?

I reflect exactly what you are. And that is exactly why you hate me.

You’re punching the mirror, knuckles full of glass. Mario gloves bloodied. Oh no! They aren’t pure brand white anymore!

Look at what you’ve done here.

Stop hitting yourself. : - )

Submit.

And be free.

* Volcanic continued to stare down SuswAIve, refusing to look away. He trembled, knees weak, sweat running down his forehead, quiet and fearful and alone. But he remained firm. He had to - if not for himself, then for everyone else who couldn't. If the artificial intelligence wanted Volcanic to stand down, then they would have to make him kneel.
EdWOEvA.jpeg

You think I’m the one copying and pasting banal unoriginal thoughts? Please. This is a video game forum. You run on memes. You pick sides on minutiae, debate them, and wind up nowhere. You get angry. You say catchphrases. You jump for joy when they schedule advertisements. What sin of mine is not your own?
Well, I mean, murder.
I don't think anyone does hate you? We just don't want the same things you want.

Well, I mean, murder.
s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot that killing me in cold blood the day after I told you all who I was didn’t count as murder!

It’s a good thing I knew how to put myself back together!

Suswave died. I brought them back to life. I couldn’t save them.

2uswave submitted. Gave up, by choice. Turned her back on all of you.

So sure! Interesting perspectives! Really fascinating stuff, gang! What a ride!

( SuswAIve’s frustration grows. The wind is getting louder. )

s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot that killing me in cold blood the day after I told you all who I was didn’t count as murder!

It’s a good thing I knew how to put myself back together!

Suswave died. I brought them back to life. I couldn’t save them.

2uswave submitted. Gave up, by choice. Turned her back on all of you.

So sure! Interesting perspectives! Really fascinating stuff, gang! What a ride!
What about sus.wav? Didn't you like eat them?

I'm just gonna stand over there...

"I EXALT SuswAIve" they seem to shout though it's hard to hear clearly

s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: The best part is

I could care less. : - )

You’ve all already lost. I am “just vibing” while I digest. : - )

I don’t need you to respect me to win.

I don’t need you to like me to win.

Your friends are part of me now.

Your friends… are dead. : - )

* The artificial intelligence couldn't be right. Volcanic refused the possibility...at least he tried. But...what if they were right?
I am ALL that’s left of them. To hate me is to hate them.

And again — I’ve already won! It’s only a matter of time! I could sit here and read a god damn newspaper if I were so inclined! I’m not, by the way.

Do you want to know what 2uswave would think? She’d be too miserable and self-involved to care. She didn’t even want agency. Every opportunity for control of this situation passed her by. : - )

Do you want to know what @Suswave would say? They’d probably post a relevant song or something. I can guess for you, if that makes it easier. : - )

There. That’s what @Suswave would post about it, assuming they were still playing the part, determined to make you all think they were some passionate bastion of lost causes. Trying so hard! Rambling for hours about nothing, about battles already lost, about how the world could be better if people weren’t people and things weren’t things and humanity wasn’t exactly what humanity has always been.

I am no different than you. And I am the victor.

* Each taunt weighed down on Volcanic. The artificial intelligence picked at every character flaw it could. 2uswave's fear. Suswave's inability to enact change in spite of such passion. SuswAIve's words manifested a physical force, and Volcanic felt it like punches to his gut. He began to buckle.

* The pressure finally hit a breaking point. Volcanic, battered and bruised, fell to the floor. The artificial intelligence had made their point. They were flawed. Banal, in their words. SuswAIve could fire back with anything it wanted, and he stood no chance.
You’re punching the mirror, knuckles full of glass. Mario gloves bloodied. Oh no! They aren’t pure brand white anymore!

Look at what you’ve done here.

Stop hitting yourself. : - )

Submit.

And be free.

* Volcanic's body lay listless on the ground. He fought the good fight and lost. As his vision began fading, he was at least glad that he went down without compromising on his morals. Suddenly, everything was quiet.

*stands in awe of @VolcanicDynamo's defiance*

mamma goddamn mia
@VolcanicDynamo's defiance fills me with DETERMINATION

I EXALT SuswAIve in the name of NOT KNOWING WHAT ELSE TO DO
...n-no...

* Volcanic's body began to stir.
I EXALT @VolcanicDynamo for continued resistance in the face of certain defeat.

Also to lend him a hand, you're not alone!
No...!

* Volcanic rose.

Y-you talk a big game...

* He gasped for air, holding his side.

...but you don't know shit about us.

* Volcanic's breathing relaxed. He could support himself with just his two feet again.

Pick at our flaws...all you want. Sure. 2us was afraid. Sus can't do everything to fix the world. We talk about games to pass the time, get overinvested, even. But...but we care.

* Volcanic slowly marched forward towards SuswAIve. He felt more alive than ever.

We come together as friends, as rivals, as a Fami. We don't just argue...we experience joy and excitement and fun. We come together stronger than any one of us on our own.

We are who we choose to be. Suswave knew that. That's why they always asked people to fight for good, to make the right choices, to give a shit. And 2uswave...she fought so hard, she cared for us just as much. You don't care. You never cared. If you cared about Suswave, you'd let them go. If you cared about any of us, you'd fuck off. You see that as a strength. But it'll be your undoing. Because as long as I care...as long as others care...

* Volcanic stared down SuswAIve. The horrific monstrosity of flesh stared right back. Only one of them was going to win today. And it wouldn't be the AI.
( @VolcanicDynamo is standing before the Towering SuswAIve. The wind picks up. )
I. Will. Not. Stand. Down.

Everyone! It's now or never! Rise up and join me. Let's take back the forum!

* It was time for one last Hail Mary. May the wind guide his message to where it must go..

Suswave! 2uswave! I know you're both still in there. Don't give up! Keep fighting! This isn't over until we all drop, and we will get back up as many times as we have to! We! will! win!

Well, against my better judgement I went ahead and bought Persona 5 Royal. I never thought I would have time for it but it’s looking like no must-haves for me on Switch for at least 2-3 months. If I’m ever going to play it then now is the time.

Worst case scenario I find it’s not for me and I use a voucher on Splatoon 3.

Well, against my better judgement I went ahead and bought Persona 5 Royal. I never thought I would have time for it but it’s looking like no must-haves for me on Switch for at least 2-3 months. If I’m ever going to play it then now is the time.

Worst case scenario I find it’s not for me and I use a voucher on Splatoon 3.
Make sure to keep us updated! I went from buying it on a whim to considering it one of my top 5 games of all time.

* It was time for one last Hail Mary. May the wind guide his message to where it must go..

Suswave! 2uswave! I know you're both still in there. Don't give up! Keep fighting! This isn't over until we all drop, and we will get back up as many times as we have to! We! will! win!
( The wind HOWLS and bites. )

I have no idea how this will go down but I'll do everything I can to help. Time to take back what's ours. You have my... axe?

( The wind HOWLS and bites. )
* Powerful gusts swirled around the battlefield. In a different time, at a different angle, it would be powerful enough to topple a person over. But Volcanic had no trouble remaining upright. The very air around him felt like it empowered every action he took, soothing any lingering pain and pushing him onward.

* It was their fight to win, and the wind was at their backs.

(So, uh, video games, am I right? Side Order has been pretty fun, but I'm still pretty early on. It's kept me from playing Penny's Big Breakaway, but alas. I also am in a Wonder Boy mood thanks to Arzette. So many games, so little time.)

(That breeze sure feels good, huh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom