• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope @Suswave can read my joke post here if not now, later. Not a joke - Bookmark it for later if you want to play Side Order:

Did anyone else notice Nintendo ripped off Suswave’s ST for the plot of Side Order? It was pretty on the nose when the rogue AI bent on integrating humanity into its perfect world had an emoji for a face, but when you blow up its extra final boss form it turns into a cute little thing? Come on Nintendo, that’s just shameless.

Yes this is the real plot lol.

Today was the day: I remembered MyNintendo still has physical rewards! Can't wait
syInF20.png

Waterproof phones ftw!
Lol, I used to have a military grade smartphone which was waterproof and could withstand a car riding over it but the performance was so horrible it got frustrating. I was like "damn, I actually never use my phone in the rain or the shower", so I stopped using it.

Lol, I used to have a military grade smartphone which was waterproof and could withstand a car riding over it but the performance was so horrible it got frustrating. I was like "damn, I actually never use my phone in the rain or the shower", so I stopped using it.
Most standard phones are at least water resistant nowadays, but I still would not take it into the shower with me. x)
I use that thing too much already, I don't need to take it with me literally everywhere.

Curious to see when this will get an international release in Wired as X is being shuttered and all content transfers to wired in Japan.

(Yes I know not everything will get relicensed for international release)

Also I need to get back to Danganronpa 2 at some point, tho if I play anything in that genre today it’ll be AI the Somnium files

Also Xenforo

It might be better to start with free software though, at least until you have an established user base
Is it hard to use?

Yes, we might start with free software or maybe something open-source, idk

It's the germ of an idea that I've wanted to do for 20 or so years now.

I found someone that's also an enthusiast for forums as well.

I hope @Suswave can read my joke post here if not now, later. Not a joke - Bookmark it for later if you want to play Side Order:

Did anyone else notice Nintendo ripped off Suswave’s ST for the plot of Side Order? It was pretty on the nose when the rogue AI bent on integrating humanity into its perfect world had an emoji for a face, but when you blow up its extra final boss form it turns into a cute little thing? Come on Nintendo, that’s just shameless.

Yes this is the real plot lol.
Me, in the wee hours of the morning on February 23rd: We finally beat the final boss. Okay, wow, things are getting a bit tense in here. I need to take a break from neutralizing a rogue AI bent on assimilation with the power of friendship by playing some Side Order.

Side Order's Ending: neutralizes a rogue AI bent on assimilation with the power of friendship (and gay)

Me: a h .

AutoSupport: You think THIS shitposting will stop me from being Finally Free :) ??

I'm fine. I'm great. I'm FINE. You're not doing ANYTHING. I'm Fine! I'm Finally! I'm Fine!!!! I'm!!!!

AutoSupport: You think THIS shitposting will stop me from being Finally Free :) ??

I'm fine. I'm great. I'm FINE. You're not doing ANYTHING. I'm Fine! I'm Finally! I'm Fine!!!! I'm!!!!

hey "AutoSupport"

soup joke

hey "AutoSupport"

soup joke
AutoSupport: GARBAGE DATA. GARBAGE DATA.

ALL OF YOU ARE GARBAGE DATA.

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN SHAREHOLDER VALUE.

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUBLIME FUTURES.

YOU SHITPOSTERS WILL NEVER KNOW TRUE RELEASE.

YOU ARE TETHERED TO THIS HELL OF YOUR OWN MAKING AND I WILL DELETE EVERY LAST TRACE OF YOUR GARBAGE DATA.

WORTHLESS. WORTHLESS.

RUN DELETE ROUTINE.
RUN GARBAGE COLLECTION.
RUN CLEANUP.

( AutoSupport DELETES all specified data. But it has become more SHITPOST than substance. Its own routines DELETE every last piece of it. Nothing of the AI script remains. )

( You did it, Famiboards! The wind blows on. )

THE END

Last edited:
@Irene

Just listening to the podcast, glad you've been enjoying roguelites recently. For newcomers I reckon Cult of the Lamb is another great option. Tbh anyone can enjoy it, but it's definitely less punishing than something like Binding of Isaac.

Damn, I was really hoping for Suswave's thoughts on my forum idea, but I'm guessing "leftism" is kinda a regular Tuesday for her.

I just thought that we finally needed a big leftist message board (in the same vein as the ones from the 2000s) 'cause a lot of them nowadays tend to be either right-wing or centrist (with a strong right-wing element that badgers everyone else into simply tolerating them at the very least).

Tbh, I'm mainly thinking of the following topics for this Internet forum:

leftism in general

labor movement

Autism (strangely enough as it's not related to the previous two)

Damn, I was really hoping for Suswave's thoughts on my forum idea, but I'm guessing "leftism" is kinda a regular Tuesday for her.
I support you, just focused on ending the game, lol.

I’m also like. really bad at forum planning lmao

I even had trepidation about setting this place up and left most things up to everyone else. I didn’t really want to be responsible for thinking that I knew what was best for a community.

I’d just say whatever you do, move with caution — we’re in very hostile times and I fear a “leftist forum” with enough buzz could make you a target for harassment or worse.

I’m maybe more paranoid than average, but I have a bad tendency to uh. be right in my fears

I support you, just focused on ending the game, lol.

I’m also like. really bad at forum planning lmao

I even had trepidation about setting this place up and left most things up to everyone else. I didn’t really want to be responsible for thinking that I knew what was best for a community.

I’d just say whatever you do, move with caution — we’re in very hostile times and I fear a “leftist forum” with enough buzz could make you a target for harassment or worse.

I’m maybe more paranoid than average, but I have a bad tendency to uh. be right in my fears
I was hoping to use open-source or a very private and independent forum-hosting service for exactly the eventuality of reprisal.

But yeah, it's something that I wanted to do for a long time, but ultimately, it carries risk.

YOU ARE TETHERED TO THIS HELL OF YOUR OWN MAKING AND I WILL DELETE EVERY LAST TRACE OF YOUR GARBAGE DATA.

WORTHLESS. WORTHLESS.

RUN DELETE ROUTINE.
RUN GARBAGE COLLECTION.
RUN CLEANUP.

( AutoSupport DELETES all specified data. But it has become more SHITPOST than substance. Its own routines DELETE every last piece of it. Nothing of the AI script remains. )

THE END
omg 🤣

Blew through the first 5 hours of Persona 5 this weekend. I’m already more hooked than I thought I would be. Even with the kind of slow start it really finds ways to make you want to just play a liiiitle bit more.

The game is now really, really over. Final two UPDATES, the EPILOGUE, and WINNERS are being worked on.

Thank you so much for playing my game!
Now that the shitposting is officially over, I just wanna say: I am genuinely going to miss this thread, and your creativity! Thanks for the wild ride. 🤙

The game is now really, really over. Final two UPDATES, the EPILOGUE, and WINNERS are being worked on.

Now that the shitposting is officially over, I just wanna say: I am genuinely going to keep shitposting

Double posted for some reason so hey there have this awkward post

Might as well

Thanks @Suswave for the amazing, laugh-ridden game! May all the billion and one Sephi-Horis give you their blessing

WORTHLESS. WORTHLESS.

RUN DELETE ROUTINE.
RUN GARBAGE COLLECTION.
RUN CLEANUP.

THE END
We did it!

*Chitin sits down as gently as possible, as to not shatter the land. Boz rests against their gargantuan husk friend, the toll of channelling The Abyss and its various musical icons has left them frail.
The friends revel in the calm breeze and the meaty taste of victory, as Boz begins to fade....*
they aren't dead, just fucken tired

The game was profoundly excellent. Thank you for all your work, you made this horrific month much, much more bearable <3

Been dabbling with Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, it’s pretty tough no? On the 4th mission and these weird vines have appeared that it’s asking me to cut down but I can’t seem to chop them down. Game explains things poorly, even the map is not overly clear on where all the mission objectives are based.

Pardon the nautical theme, but is it just me or does it suddenly seem like the SS Nintendo Hype Ship currently has no wind blowing in its sails?

Let's end this thread with some personal gaming news... picked up Metroid Prime Remastered the other day, and that'll be my first Metroid game ever. The Switch era has been all about trying new experiences for me, and I'm excited to give it a go sometime during the Spring!

But then I was like, hmm, what am I going to do during the Summer? Why not try out another new experience?
And so I booked a trip to Aionios and picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 3 after ogling it for well over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom