• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay sus something I'm not clear on

is the cooking and baking st in the roost real or a bit?
oh my dear @Raccoon

it's always been both

which is to say I did it mostly earnestly but also got silly with it, and decided no matter what it would somehow be a prop in the game.

the : - ) was edited in after "SuswAIve" ended up having that as their signature thing

oh my dear @Raccoon

it's always been both
You know, I'd like to think Road Meat (I guess they're sticking with that name now?) ends up picking up cooking and baking as a legitimate hobby sometime after the story. Trying to find themselves brought them back to their beginning, to something all about pure creation. A fitting book end in my mind.

Taking this post to reveal one last secret:

GRACE is just how many times your FACTION NAME appears in the text of our posts

GRACE will cease being counted after PAGE 80 – so... if you really want to make a mess, now is the time to spam

but within reason, please don't get me in mod trouble

You know, I'd like to think Road Meat (I guess they're sticking with that name now?) ends up picking up cooking and baking as a legitimate hobby sometime after the story. Trying to find themselves brought them back to their beginning, to something all about pure creation. A fitting book end in my mind.
I'm promoting this headcanon to canon

The final two UPDATES will also reveal a number of surprise MANIFESTATION bonuses, things like final blows, changing the outcome, instigating violence, instigating empathy, flinging people into the sea, touching memorials...

@xghost777 even got a begrudging +400 DIGNITY for the FINAL BLOW on me

But that languishes as the only DIGNITY in the "GHOST UNION" unless @xghost777 can be convinced to join a FACTION

Point is – if you have something dramatic to say, or a Photoshop masterpiece to post... you could earn some extra points if they're in before the end of page 80.

my last call for chaos...

enjoy!

If you think you're safe and in the lead, let this be a warning:

This shit is a Mario Party bloodbath waiting to happen.

All those LIMINAL FACTIONS floating around... who knows what they might do to your final scores?

You rang? ; - )

Please be nice to Suswave, folks. I say this not as a mod but as a friend.
GRACE is counted by a script I wrote, so counting it takes no time at all.

Go forth! Spread terror! Be nice to the mods!

individuals do not get points for GRACE but the FACTIONS do

61d08be1-2361-4955-9689-273029226e41_text.gif

ABYSS still has some leftover cards that never got a use in the cupboard, there's gotta be a violent use for them 👀

If all else fails I just strap them to Chitin's club and tell them to go commit a crime 🤣

I really really do not want to find out what fresh hells generative AI is unleashing on the recipe world.

I really really do not want to find out what fresh hells generative AI is unleashing on the recipe world.
To make a very long story short, Road Meat isn't generative AI anymore. So we're good! Probably.

Look, I didn't say they'd be a good chef. But I'm sure they could learn to be.

I'd rather free float through an endless ABYSS than watch another Denis Villeneuve movie

I LOVE how this is like the part where the game is over and we've rolled credits but we're still hanging around the game world fuckin around and cleaning up sidequests 🤣

y’all aren’t thinking big enough

love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two

books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books

abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss

that’s +32 DIGNITY for every faction right there…

who am I kidding, I gave y’all a peaceful ending and it was foolish to think I could goad rowdy rivalries out of weary satisfaction in the final two pages

For so long, the House of TWO has dedicated their lives to the defeat of House LOVE. But the relentless pursuit of such a goal led to us being blinded to what is here and what is now.

So House TWO shall no longer mourn the present.
Here and now:
We revel in the chaos of the ABYSS,
We imbibe the passion of LOVE,
We strive for contentment, like BOOKS,
We dance to the wonders of MUSIC,
We appreciate the beauty of REALITY.
The gods are in their heaven, and ALL is right with the world.

For so long, the House of TWO has dedicated their lives to the defeat of House LOVE. But the relentless pursuit of such a goal led to us being blinded to what is here and what is now.

So House TWO shall no longer mourn the present.
Here and now:
We revel in the chaos of the ABYSS,
We imbibe the passion of LOVE,
We strive for contentment, like BOOKS,
We dance to the wonders of MUSIC,
We appreciate the beauty of REALITY.
The gods are in their heaven, and ALL is right with the world.
🥲 that was fuckin’ beautiful m8

damn if the relentless knife of TWO feels this way… y’all really did come together in the end, huh!

forgive me for my needless mischief — I am humbled by all of you. you’re the real heroes of this story

I'm gonna be honest I was planning to backstab all the FACTIONs at first lol
lmao I appreciate that

this is almost more impressive because you’re gonna get a bonus for your character arc

two house lost in real life with both switch 2 and silksong remaining trapped in the aether
on the one hand, true

on the other — maybe those things being stuck in the aether only fuels TWO’s sense of purpose

who am I kidding, I gave y’all a peaceful ending and it was foolish to think I could goad rowdy rivalries out of weary satisfaction in the final two pages
I wasn't in it for the accolades or coin. I was in it for the sheer fucking beauty of the shitpost.
CHAOS for lunch, ABYSS for dinner. I uh skipped breakfast.

y’all aren’t thinking big enough

love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two two

books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books

abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss abyss

that’s +32 DIGNITY for every faction right there…
I ain't doing all that

nothing left to do but make it weird in here

me when at road

: - (

when road meat

: - )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom