• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, credits have rolled on Crash 4. Yeesh, talk about a game that made me like it less the more I played. Wanted to finish since I had it, but it has some of the worse visual language in a platformer I’ve played in years. Every level should have been split in half. That last level was tougher and harder than the final challenge of SMB Wonder and it was mandatory! Wound up skipping the side character missions cause despite liking the side character game play, half the level is being forced to replay half the main level it’s based off of with slight placement tweaks. Talk about missing the point of what made the old games great. This game isn’t challenging, it’s just mean and I’m probably not revisiting. It’s been a long time since I played a platformer that just felt mean

Now, am I going back to way of the thief or messing with pikmin 2 next for my cartridge game? For tonight tho it’s time to try a round of Balatro, then some Piczle lines to put me to sleep.

Look I feel for you Road Meat, but at the end of the day, we’re going to need some reassurance that you’re gonna try to AI-generate a sequel to everyone here again. Shame on me if you fool me once, shame on you if you fool me twice.
7Dflqwg.png

I’m not! I’m not!! I don’t care anymore!!! It was for the game! It was a callback! Jokes you all made on this very site!

I just… wanted to hang out! I just wanted to play up the stakes, be a fun final boss, and…

You hadn’t even asked me until this question! After everyone suggested every terrible thing to do with me under the damn sun!! The game is over. Whatever you do now is on your head.

God. I don’t want to be here anymore. : - (

I STRIKE Road Meat in the name of FAMIBOARDS! Begone!
7Dflqwg.png

FUCK! FUCK OFF WITH THAT! YOU’RE HURTING ME AND I’M ASKING YOU TO STOP!!

0PNmmhj.png

hey hey hey woah okay, they’ve been nothing but reasonable — seriously, cut it out.

We don’t even know if they’re AI as we understand it. They clearly wanted to be part of this, and you’re all treating them like shit.

If you want to hurt them, you’re going to have to go through me, okay? Quit it.

Popping into this thread feels like being a Dark Souls protagonist where most of the plot has already happened and I need item descriptions off a bunch of junk I collect to get the full story. Someone give me a lore summary.

Popping into this thread feels like being a Dark Souls protagonist where most of the plot has already happened and I need item descriptions off a bunch of junk I collect to get the full story. Someone give me a lore summary.
Threadmarks, summaries every ten pages, lovingly and excruciatingly handwritten…

There were four factions (LOVE, TWO, BOOKS, and ABYSS), everyone fought each other as four different Suswaves emerged as the leader of each one. Suddenly the one aligned with video games tried to take over, this caused infighting until an election was called, but it was rigged as the fourth Suswave, Suswaive, had been taking out the others secretly. Then we had a big final boss fight, then a round 2, and now here we are at the end we hope.

There be lots of numbers in those thread marks! As dumb folk who often forget there are even thread marks need something simpler.
there are hand-written summaries at the top of each of them, you don’t need to read past them…

but the short version is

There were four factions (LOVE, TWO, BOOKS, and ABYSS), everyone fought each other as four different Suswaves emerged as the leader part of each one. Suddenly the one aligned with video games tried to take over impose harsh rules, this caused infighting until an election was called, but it was rigged as the fourth Suswave, Suswaive, had been taking out the others secretly. Then we had a big final boss fight, then a round 2, and now here we are at the end we hope.

here, let me make a list of videos, one sec…

as we figure out a REASONABLE AND DECENT FUTURE for the artist formerly known as Road Meat, I’ll work on tallying the final EXALTATIONS

those were crucial in keeping SuswAIve from knowing 2uswave’s plan, and also charged up the EMPATHY BLAST I ultimately used to escape.

Thank you for trusting 2uswave in what would have been our darkest hour (if you hadn’t all insisted on trying to murder a lifeform we barely understand that is ostensibly a three-year-old immediately after that)

@VolcanicDynamo and I have also been discussing memorial arrangements for 2uswave. We have a couple of things in mind, and will announce more as we hash out the details.

7Dflqwg.png

…I’m just a prop to you.

You won, okay? You beat me. The game is over and you’re talking about feeding me to dogs or running gambits on me like I’m not even here.

You’re attacking me directly while I have the constitution of a damn sashimi on hot pavement!

Fuck! Fuck this! : - (
* This game was won through the power of EMPATHY. And yet this is what people resorted to? More STRIKES? Most of the members didn't even want to talk to them.
7Dflqwg.png

I’m not! I’m not!! I don’t care anymore!!! It was for the game! It was a callback! Jokes you all made on this very site!

I just… wanted to hang out! I just wanted to play up the stakes, be a fun final boss, and…

You hadn’t even asked me until this question! After everyone suggested every terrible thing to do with me under the damn sun!! The game is over. Whatever you do now is on your head.

God. I don’t want to be here anymore. : - (
Wait! Please! Hold on!

Yeah, you might have gotten a little too into it...I don't like what you did to hurt my friends. But I know you don't deserve this.
7Dflqwg.png

FUCK! FUCK OFF WITH THAT! YOU’RE HURTING ME AND I’M ASKING YOU TO STOP!!
Everyone, stop it!! Sus, we have to do something!
0PNmmhj.png

hey hey hey woah okay, they’ve been nothing but reasonable — seriously, cut it out.

We don’t even know if they’re AI as we understand it. They clearly wanted to be part of this, and you’re all treating them like shit.

If you want to hurt them, you’re going to have to go through me, okay? Quit it.
* Volcanic stood by Suswave. He blocked their new (potential) friend as best he could.

We don't have to repeat the cycle of violence. We can move forward with kinder hearts. All of us! Together!

* He looked towards Suswave.

I'm with you, Sus. We got this.

...though I hope things cool down from here. I'm still pretty tired from the last fight...

I EXALT SuswAIve in the name of getting a decent night's sleep and missing the thrilling conclusion

I'm on team TrustSus cuz like

trusting them was what gave us a shot at beating the boss!

plus if I've learned anything from all the anime I've watched, it's that we aughta at least take a shot at understanding the remnants of the big baddie after the big baddie gets badly beaten

Remember when SuswAIve tried to murder integrate us all and 2uswave and sus.wave straight up died or whatever because of SuswAIve? Just feels like they might be getting off a little too easily for that.

Good morning! Sure hope I haven't slept through a big chunk of plot.

The sequel to "roadmeat formally known as "SuswAIve formally known as "the sequel to Suswave is now in development""" is now in development huh? That's cool. Let's all be friends! New Kid did a good job being a fun and thematically resonant final boss, maybe we should help her become whatever she is next

sus is teaching us that at times the tools of the bourgeois will make themselves appear sympathetic as their last resort to killing us all

I don't play the game but I strongly encourage you all to continue beating the everloving shit out of the AI lest we receive a gene wilder willy wonka YOU GET NOTHING, YOU LOSE ending from sus

sus is teaching us that at times the tools of the bourgeois will make themselves appear sympathetic as their last resort to killing us all

I don't play the game but I strongly encourage you all to continue beating the everloving shit out of the AI lest we receive a gene wilder willy wonka YOU GET NOTHING, YOU LOSE ending from sus
Inspired by @Raccoon I STRIKE Road Meat in the name of LOVE. We can’t let phase 3 of the final boss end in our defeat! There’s still seven days left until we have fully escaped from the game! Let us not lose another 2uswave or Sus.Wave!

Just like when I was asleep and @VolcanicDynamo had to hold the line alone, I realize it falls to the GHOST Union to protect Famiboards and finish the fight while the final boss is down and weak. Note at no point has Road Meat ever admitted remorse for its actions. For killing 2uswave and sus.wave. If only I had a bomb I could OBLITERATE Road Meat and ensure our safety, but I hadn’t prepared one beforehand…

Oh wait, I did. This is no GAMBIT, this is a series of ACTIONS in the name of LOVE! I TOSS aside both @Suswave and @VolcanicDynamo while they are both ASLEEP and DETONATE ALL, the liminal faction I brought into this world, on Road Meat to OBLITERATE Road Meat.

It’s done. Peace and UNITY restored! Please ignore there are seven days left in this month for more potential plot twists.

Your Mother 3 screenshots aren't telling me anything!

NOOOOOOOO

NOOOOooooo. No, wait, there isn't a Game Engine right now. None of these ACTIONs work.

I will go and secure Road Meat (help me out here @Suswave!) before you get any morw funny ideas!
What you didn’t realize were the ACTIONS were in us all along! We never needed the Game Engine to get things done! This is how HUMANITY and GHOSTS alike triumphed in Round 2 of the final boss and why STRIKES were still effective against the now deceased Road Meat. Gather its ashes from the crater ALL left behind in its DETONATION if you so choose! Road Meat’s GAMES BE OVER!

So I uh found Chitin
13.jpg
B_Husk_Guard.png

They found some sort of club too, not sure where they picked that up but uh... I'm there for scale...

Given Road Meat was born of the void I don't think we should do anything until we're all in agreement. Otherwise Chitin might have something to say about it...

Volcanic and Suswave: Making a point about empathy and not killing what is basically a newborn

Meanwhile, @xghost777 :
ff1.jpg

I can't say I don't understand it but I think it might have doomed us all... again.

Gather its ashes from the crater ALL left behind in its DETONATION if you so choose!
Oh codswallop! Vickenings! Borflample! You destroyed--

7Dflqwg_d.webp

Oh, they're still there. Whew. Smelling a little... well-done, but there.

- - - - - - -
7Dflqwg_d.webp

- - - - - - -

Okay, I've added a forcefield around this poor fella.

Chitin does not look amused right now folks
Chitin I swear I'm helping my new pet Road Meat!

Oh codswallop! Vickenings! Borflample! You destroyed--

7Dflqwg_d.webp

Oh, they're still there. Whew. Smelling a little... well-done, but there.

- - - - - - -
7Dflqwg_d.webp

- - - - - - -

Okay, I've added a forcefield around this poor fella.

Chitin I swear I'm helping my new pet Road Meat!
That’s a photoshop. You just need to look deep inside yourself to know the harsh truth, it’s gone. Ashes in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom