• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you joke but Butt Wolf created an extremely popular police procedural and legal drama television series, Rules & Regulations
you made me spit up my coffee!!!! I’ve been alive for like an hour, I need that warm, ineffective brew!!

grumble grumble I’ll make a new pot…

or should i have… tea?

okay, update for up to 70 will come later, up to 80 will likely be the LAST update or semi-last

I trust y’all to keep shitposting in my absence to wreck our final, final, final boss. there won’t be DIGNITY gained, just MODERN CORPORATE TECHBRO AI destroyed.

please… save us all…

i have to work…

please….

you joke but Butt Wolf created an extremely popular police procedural and legal drama television series, Rules & Regulations
There's no way that can be tr--

cOUEb2v_d.webp

"It takes an asshole to catch an asshole."

Apparently.

🫡

After the announcement that Suicide Squad has underperformed expectations, I would like to formally invite Warner Brothers to the clown academy, or wherever it is that clowns congregate
The really shitty thing about Tripple-Ayy failures is that they're not even entertainingly bad like most of the funny posts in here. They're just kinda depressingly bad in a boring way. At least you can laugh at stuff like King Kong.

The really shitty thing about Tripple-Ayy failures is that they're not even entertainingly bad like most of the funny posts in here. They're just kinda depressingly bad in a boring way. At least you can laugh at stuff like King Kong.
They're just so obviously failures that it isn't even interesting. A bunch of business suits played Destiny way too much and decided that every game needed to be Destiny, for whatever God Forsaken (King) reason. I miss the days of fun failures. Remember Too Human? Won't someone please remember Too Human with me?

They're just so obviously failures that it isn't even interesting. A bunch of business suits played Destiny way too much and decided that every game needed to be Destiny, for whatever God Forsaken (King) reason. I miss the days of fun failures. Remember Too Human? Won't someone please remember Too Human with me?

Video game criticism...just got CRITIQUED

Anyone have one of those Switch Nitro Decks? I’ve had my eye on that GameCube themed one but not sure how good they are. I’ve seen some mixed reviews.

EDIT: And now I see a new Nitro Deck+ is available and up for pre-order. Supposed to be an improvement but… why in Hylia’s name would they put the joysticks in those WiiU positions?!

Last edited:
I wonder

If Road Meat is not a malicious generative AI and is actually some sort of algorithm that is trained by and on us and our shit, does that mean. . .

. . .is Road Meat DLSS?

I think I figured out why the delay to 2025 hit me so hard, even if it is just a move of a few months. Previously with less certainty, it's always seemed POSSIBLE the hardware wasn't far off. A year ago, a late 2023 release seemed like a maybe. Similar story the year before. Go much before that and a mid-gen upgrade seemed likely. So to find another time when I felt certain a major new hardware was more than a year off? Probably have to go back to early 2020, when Lite and v2 were still very recent. So the 2025 delay didn't feel like a delay of several months, but a regression in mindset of 4 years.

Has anyone here played Pacific Drive? I follow a person that was involved in making the game and the game seems to have a great reception. Too bad it's not on switch, so right now I can't try it for myself.

...urgh...

* Volcanic laid flat on the floor, slowly blinking as he regained his senses. Everything had happened so fast. One moment, he was defending a now sentient computer program from a malicious murder, and the next? Attacked, pushed aside, and in the vicinity of a massive explosion.

* Volcanic sat up. Too quickly, apparently, as a sudden sharp pain in the back of his head forced him to stop halfway. Slowly and carefully, he brought his hand to touch a still-tender bruise.

Ow...damn it...

* The fresh pain in his head was met by dull aches, a remnant of their previous battle. Volcanic winced as he sat up more properly.

Damn it, @xghost777, did you really have to throw me that hard? You really thought I was asleep for that, huh? How about you don't blow up a bomb next time. And @hologram, hitting me while I was down...that EXALT isn't gonna pay my medical bill, pal.

* Volcanic started to lay back down, but a sudden thought shot him back up. He could address the pain in a sec.

W-wait. Suswave. Suswave!

* He frantically turned his head, searching for any sign of his friend.

Where are you? What is...

* His turning slowed.

...what the...?

* Chaos. Sheer chaos. That's all he could see. Not a battle so much as a flood of...shitposts? What was this about a "Support AI"? Didn't they just have this final battle? At least "Road Meat" seemed fine? He thought? He didn't really know.

You know what, I take it back. I don't think I was knocked out hard enough.

* Volcanic slumped back onto the ground, this time voluntarily.

You folks made this mess. You go clean it up. I don't need to be a part of this.

Quick recap!

@Suswave emerged, apparently revived by SuswAIve, who was reduced to a pile of Road Meat. With a speed I can only describe as "bewilderingly fast", we divided into two warring sides to decide whether Road Meat should live or die. In the kerfuffle, MY ASS was detonated, and @Suswave, now defending Road Meat for some reason, was knocked out. Road Meat escaped.

Then, it turned out that the actual AI was Suswave AutoSupport, who took over Suswave Support, who apparently before that was a real person not a bot? And now @Suswave or Road Meat or someone, I don't quite remember who, has told us that the secret to defeating Suswave AutoSupport is to relentlessly shitpost. Of course, we were only too happy to oblige. Oh, and Road Meat revived MY ASS, or something?

Nevermind the number fo blown up asses.. what happened to the bow? °A°

That bow really tied the ass together, you know?

Yeah, I'm not sure A Highland Song's particularly obtuse form of progression is going to vibe with me. There's definitely something compelling about it, because I played for 2 hours, got trapped, and restarted and took a very different route. But we'll see.

Quick recap!

@Suswave emerged, apparently revived by SuswAIve, who was reduced to a pile of Road Meat. With a speed I can only describe as "bewilderingly fast", we divided into two warring sides to decide whether Road Meat should live or die. In the kerfuffle, MY ASS was detonated, and @Suswave, now defending Road Meat for some reason, was knocked out. Road Meat escaped.

Then, it turned out that the actual AI was Suswave AutoSupport, who took over Suswave Support, who apparently before that was a real person not a bot? And now @Suswave or Road Meat or someone, I don't quite remember who, has told us that the secret to defeating Suswave AutoSupport is to relentlessly shitpost. Of course, we were only too happy to oblige. Oh, and Road Meat revived MY ASS, or something?
Just a couple clarifications!

I was actually revived by 2uswave, who sacrficed herself to bring me back

I defended SuswAIve, who became Road Meat, because 2uswave and I blew them to absolute nothing with our EMPATHY BLAST, powered by your EXALTATION of SuswAIve

and now they’re just a lil guy

so I felt kinda bad

Suswave Support was hired staff, and the chunk of SuswAIve that contained the AI scripts that originally made them — not all the weird gunk we added via the shitpost abyss — got blown somewhere else entirely during the blast

so it tried to get back in the game to finish its goals by coming in as Suswave AutoSupport to muscle out human support

but y’all blew up ALL to kill Road Meat, and I got in the way. and fucking died again

(MY ASS was blown up to defeat Stage 1 SuswAIve)

after AutoSupport revealed its actual intentions, y’all started to fight it — and Road Meat came out of hiding to reclaim their identity and tell us that the way to defeat AutoSupport was to overload it with shitposts

(SuswAIve revived me, just like they revealed they did in January, but didn’t unravel my brain or put me inside their meat bot body or whatever this time)

so yeah! makes perfect sense and isn’t confusing at all! lmao

Last edited:
after AutoSupport revealed its actual intentions, y’all started to fight it — and Road Meat came out of hiding to reclaim their identity and tell us that the way to defeat AutoSupport was to overload it with shitposts
Speaking of this - if the shitpost abyss also turns this new evil AI into a pile of Road Meat, you have to let us murder at least one of them. It could be a fun team-building exercise!

Speaking of this - if the shitpost abyss also turns this new evil AI into a pile of Road Meat, you have to let us murder at least one of them. It could be a fun team-building exercise!
I don’t foresee the circumstances of Road Meat repeating themselves.

wow. lmao. no i don’t.

i want to see your worst reasonable, acceptable, and absurd in a not actively horrible to other people way memes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom