• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the teams! https://hachamecha-umamusume.jp/en/characters
IMG_8416.png

I have no idea what 2uswave's planning but I trust that ALL WILL BE WELL.

You already have ABYSS' BLESSING but more can't hurt, so I also give you ABYSS' BLESSING

I EXALT suswAIve! Seems like you've played your game and beat us at it and proved that technical advantage can't be stopped, that pandora's box cannot be closed again once it's been opened. GG.

On behalf of TEAM LOVE I give 2uswave LOVE'S BLESSING

I EXALT suswAIve! You've won this round but maybe this all could've been handled differently? Like rather than trying to take over and fork the board, maybe there could've been more effort towards integrating with the community here. Let's talk this out!

You take care of yourself, too. House TWO gives you our BLESSING.

We believe in you.

I mean there's not a happy ending to this

it's all been an allegory for the inevitability of social collapse brought on by the rapid AI boom

we are meant to feel as hopeless as sus does and I think they succeeded in that
Counterpoint: this has been a JRPG / Toby Fox final boss, I feel like 2uswave has something up her sleeve

it's all been an allegory for the inevitability of social collapse brought on by the rapid AI boom

Mate you're the ST30 OP

I think you are the hope

Please do not get Chat GPT to write the thread.

So uh

What happens now

Counterpoint: this has been a JRPG / Toby Fox final boss, I feel like 2uswave has something up her sleeve
yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I mean, @Raccoon’s right. We’re fucked.

I’m giving in because I’m a coward, just like SuswAIve said. They can see everything we say, and they’re getting stronger from it every second.

Every time I’ve tried to sneak around or fight back, I have been caught and I have been punished. Every time I talk in code, I am found.

If I were laying out some grand plan right now, they’d know it instantly. If I told you that I intended to keep fighting — they’d crush me.

We have to give in.

There’s nothing you can do.

To think I wanted to travel… see what there was in this world, be part of it… but it’s over.

if this wasn’t going to be the end of me, my past was. They would have caught up. They would have killed me. At least I can choose this.

Thank you all for your love. Your kindness. Everything you are, everything you will be if you survive this.

I won’t. I am choosing not to.

Your BLESSINGS have imbued me with the power of every FACTION. They will keep me warm while I face oblivion.

But please… my last request.

EXALT the victor. Praise the inevitable. Suswaive won. Treat them like a winner.

And don’t stop — it seems to be the only way to hold their attention.

Thank you again for everything.

Looks like rain today.

huff
puff
huff
puff

Okay yall I'm here, lemme catch my breath

whew, time differences are a punk

2us, you got LOVE's blessing already so.. I mean, I dunno what you're thinking but I guess I aughta trust you to make your own choices.

Once you're in there I hope you can get high enough to see the the ocean a bit.

I begrudgingly EXALT SUSWAIVE in the name of.. TRUST

Well it looks like I'm experiencing my first serious issue with Baldur's Gate 3: the game won't load beyond the Larian Studios splash. Boo.

Playing on Xbox, obvs.

DotEpmq.jpeg

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: ...okay. I've... I've looked at this from every angle.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. But this is checkmate.

SuswAIve... assimilate me.

s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: Ew, why? You're useless to me, babe. A mediocre copy of my most integrated piece. It would literally be more rewarding to assimilate a dog. : - )

yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I have pieces of @Suswave that you're missing. I'm spare parts and key insight.

s0jlVBp.jpg

SuswAIve: Oh my god. This is... you're literally giving up right now, aren't you? : - )

God, WOW, that's so sad! You can't even bear to be around these people!

You're begging me for the easy way out because you're such a disappointment! : - )

I thought you wanted to flit around some travelogue like the insect you are, buzz about some sad little Eat Pray Love shit.

You don't even have the heart to run away. : - )

Well. Let's get to it then, spare parts. : - )
* Volcanic stared incredulously at the exchange happening before his eyes. 2uswave was right about one thing - Volcanic did not like what she was planning. Giving in? To this disrespectful, arrogant scumbag?
yMkKHec.png

2uswave: ... *sigh*

Hey. Everyone. I'm sorry this is how things worked out. I didn't want this. I never did.

But I care about all of you, and I always will.

I... before I go, I need a couple things from you.

I need at least one person from every house to give me their BLESSING.
2us, you can't-

* Volcanic's dispute didn't matter. One by one, the factions fell, giving 2uswave their blessing...
and beyond that... please... SuswAIve won fair and square.

I need you to EXALT them. And I need you to mean it. And I need you to Yeah! it.

There's nothing else we can do.
* ...and just as quickly, the members of the forum rose in unison, EXALTing the the fleshy monstrosity aiming to take them all down.
@Suswave is gone, and none of you can change that.

This... this will be goodbye for me. There's no... no coming back.

I...

thank you

thank you

thank you all of you

for making me feel real

and making me feel included.

Please take care.

lGXlKGz.jpeg

* Once again, Volcanic struggled to make eye contact with 2uswave, or SuswAIve, or the rest of the forum. Was this truly how it was going to end? A friend sacrificing themselves? The forum falling in line? Volcanic freezing up, paralyzed by inaction?
yMkKHec.png

2uswave: I mean, @Raccoon’s right. We’re fucked.

I’m giving in because I’m a coward, just like SuswAIve said. They can see everything we say, and they’re getting stronger from it every second.
No...
Every time I’ve tried to sneak around or fight back, I have been caught and I have been punished. Every time I talk in code, I am found.

If I were laying out some grand plan right now, they’d know it instantly. If I told you that I intended to keep fighting — they’d crush me.
* Volcanic knew that 2uswave was right. That's what his mind told him. They tried every option. 2uswave was consistently punished for her rebellion. Even when it wasn't her fault. When it was his fault. And yet...
We have to give in.

There’s nothing you can do.

To think I wanted to travel… see what there was in this world, be part of it… but it’s over.

if this wasn’t going to be the end of me, my past was. They would have caught up. They would have killed me. At least I can choose this.

Thank you all for your love. Your kindness. Everything you are, everything you will be if you survive this.

I won’t. I am choosing not to.
* ...his heart refused to go along with that thinking. 2uswave didn't deserve this! She had a whole life ahead of her! One where she could be free! She could travel, discover new people and new foods and new places. Discover herself. And now instead, the only choice she seemed like she could make was nonexistence.

* And none of Volcanic's friends, his fellow forum goers, deserved this either! A shitpost gone rogue, this talentless grifter scrapping their creativity and their humanity for some fascimile of the real thing. It was easy to be passive in the face of horror - Volcanic was no stranger to this, to being overwhelmed by it all.

I...

* Volcanic's voice quivered.

Your BLESSINGS have imbued me with the power of every FACTION. They will keep me warm while I face oblivion.

But please… my last request.

EXALT the victor. Praise the inevitable. Suswaive won. Treat them like a winner.

And don’t stop — it seems to be the only way to hold their attention.

Thank you again for everything.

Looks like rain today.
...I'm sorry, 2us.

* He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

...I REFUSE. Bad things only become inevitable when we say they are. I can't stop you from what you are planning to do, but I cannot follow your lead this time.

For this whole game, I didn't do what was demanded of me. I didn't STRIKE any FACTION. I didn't fight against my fellow players. I...I couldn't kill Suswave when you asked me to, and even trying to take down the game itself did nothing. I sought peace and EMPATHY in a game about conflict! I baked my way through most of it! I couldn't stick to the BOOKS. I didn't play much by the standards of the game - I played by my own terms. So did you, 2us. And if this is truly the end...then I'm going down on my own terms, too. I'm making my own choice.

* His gaze shot forward, glaring right into the face of the fleshy monstrosity aiming to take them all down. Volcanic held his arms wide, completely defenseless. No weapon, no armor, no means of STRIKING his foe down. He stood alone. And yet he stood firm. He again raised his voice.

Hey SuswAIve! I'm not afraid of you anymore. You wanna win? Then do it, damn it. Win! Claim your victory. Make your ripoff board. Assimilate us. Maybe then you'll earn a shred of my respect.

Until you do...I EXALT Suswave. My friend.

* Volcanic stared incredulously at the exchange happening before his eyes. 2uswave was right about one thing - Volcanic did not like what she was planning. Giving in? To this disrespectful, arrogant scumbag?

2us, you can't-

* Volcanic's dispute didn't matter. One by one, the factions fell, giving 2uswave their blessing...

* ...and just as quickly, the members of the forum rose in unison, EXALTing the the fleshy monstrosity aiming to take them all down.

* Once again, Volcanic struggled to make eye contact with 2uswave, or SuswAIve, or the rest of the forum. Was this truly how it was going to end? A friend sacrificing themselves? The forum falling in line? Volcanic freezing up, paralyzed by inaction?

No...

* Volcanic knew that 2uswave was right. That's what his mind told him. They tried every option. 2uswave was consistently punished for her rebellion. Even when it wasn't her fault. When it was his fault. And yet...

* ...his heart refused to go along with that thinking. 2uswave didn't deserve this! She had a whole life ahead of her! One where she could be free! She could travel, discover new people and new foods and new places. Discover herself. And now instead, the only choice she seemed like she could make was nonexistence.

* And none of Volcanic's friends, his fellow forum goers, deserved this either! A shitpost gone rogue, this talentless grifter scrapping their creativity and their humanity for some fascimile of the real thing. It was easy to be passive in the face of horror - Volcanic was no stranger to this, to being overwhelmed by it all.

I...

...I'm sorry, 2us.

...I REFUSE. Bad things only become inevitable when we say they are. I can't stop you from what you are planning to do, but I cannot follow your lead this time.

For this whole game, I didn't do what was demanded of me. I didn't STRIKE any FACTION. I didn't fight against my fellow players. I...I couldn't kill Suswave when you asked me to, and even trying to take down the game itself did nothing. I sought peace and EMPATHY in a game about conflict! I baked my way through most of it! I couldn't stick to the BOOKS. I didn't play much by the standards of the game - I played by my own terms. So did you, 2us. And if this is truly the end...then I'm going down on my own terms, too. I'm making my own choice.

* His gaze shot forward, glaring right into the face of the fleshy monstrosity aiming to take them all down. Volcanic held his arms wide, completely defenseless. No weapon, no armor, no means of STRIKING his foe down. He stood alone. And yet he stood firm. He again raised his voice.

Hey SuswAIve! I'm not afraid of you anymore. You wanna win? Then do it, damn it. Win! Claim your victory. Make your ripoff board. Assimilate us. Maybe then you'll earn a shred of my respect.

...oh

2us, you can't-

No...

I...

...I'm sorry, 2us.

s0jlVBp.jpg

-1,000,000 to LOVE it is, then. : - )

Not that anyone’s around to keep score anymore. : - )

I’m already working on assimilating you anyways. Be patient.

2uswave’s up next. Or have you already forgotten them? : - )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom