• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly Questions Week 1
  • With the thread starting to get settled in, I'm going to drop the first Weekly Question for the thread! This one will run through the end of the day on Wednesday January 3rd so you'll get a little extra time to answer it compared to future questions!

Week 1 - What are you most looking forward to and hoping for from Nintendo in 2024?

To not color answers too much, I'll ispoiler my own answer. I think for me of course the Switch 2 is on the forefront of my mind now. I really hope we get a great sense of what the first year will hold for the console as well as some long term teases (similar to the Switch 1 January reveal) not to mention having cool games at launch like a new 3D Mario. I'm also hoping the games and revivals for Switch 1 don't let up. We've had some really cool stuff come back recently like Advance Wars, Pikmin, and Mario RPG and I'm looking forward to trying out Another Code this year. I hope we get some more revivals like these (new games and remakes) in addition to the big pillar games. Finally, I definitely want to play Metroid Prime 4 this year!

The first thread event is currently planned to start roughly 12ish hours from now, so please look forward to it :)

The Great Direct Date Guess Event Badge Challenge – Featuring Switch 2! (Deadline to enter is December 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific Time)
  • We had a lot of wild fun predicting the Direct date in The Legendary Speculator Challenge last thread, but this time I want to open up the guessing game to as many people as possible! The Great Direct Date Guess Event is a badge challenge with two badges up for grabs! It’s very simple to participate, either reply to this post or @ message me in a post and tell me what dates you believe the Nintendo Direct will air and the Switch 2 will be announced in Pacific Time. If you do not reply or @ message me, I will not consider it an official entry. The deadline to enter is December 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific Time and you'll know I have accepted your prediction when I Yeah! your post. At that point I will screencap your answer and ultimately compile a chart in the OP to track participants, so make sure you’ve been added to it by January 4th. You do not have to predict both the Direct and the Switch 2 dates if you don’t want to, but there are no downsides to doing both. For The Great Direct Date Guess Event, you only need the dates to be clear (ie Wednesday January 3rd or Thursday February 4th), so you do not have to worry at all about predicting the time further otherwise.

If you believe an event would air or be announced at midnight Pacific time, for the purposes of proper guessing please put the second of the two days involved. For example, if you believe the Switch 2 will be announced at midnight between Tuesday January 2nd and Wednesday January 3rd Pacific Time, please put your guess down for January 3rd.

@Aurc is helping with creating the awesome badges for this event and we have one design ready to share right now! Winners of predicting the Direct air date will get the Direct Date Champion Badge!

Winners of predicting the Switch 2 Public Announcement Date will get the Switch 2 Date Legend Badge! (This includes a video, tweet, press release etc.) Like the Switch 2 itself, it is still being diligently worked on behind the scenes, but once the design is ready, I will share it in the thread and update this post! Thanks again Aurc for all of your help :)

So yes, please make sure to get your guesses in by December 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific Time! Have fun Fami!

Update: Here's the design for the Switch 2 Date Legend Badge! I hope one of us manages to win it, so definitely get your guesses in soon :)

Last edited:
    Final List Of Entries For The Great Direct Date Guess Event
  • Happy New Year!! Excited we are in the year of Metroid Prime 4, a new 3D Mario, and Switch 2!

Registration is officially over for The Great Direct Date Guess Event. Our final list of entries is:

Direct Air Date Guesses

January 10th - LuckyNumber69
    January 11th - MissingNo. , RealUncleNintendo
    January 17th - crazybenjamin
    January 18th - Magic-Man
    January 23rd - ZephyrPhoenix
    January 24th - Brofield, rêverie
    January 25th - Barely Able
    February 7th - Joe, hk-rara, SammyJ9, shoptroll, unit 9s, SirArthur, Gamer_G, Derachi
    February 8th - Hero of Hyrule, gijose, Pillydillsy
    February 9th - meatbag
    February 13th - uboijohnnee, Gabev
    February 14th - Josh5890, TriGen, Concernt, bixente, Marce-chan, Stephen
    February 15th - xghost777, Giancarlo
    February 16th - Legion of Primes, Lemonfresh
    February 21st - Bobo, the_marmolade, ohlawd

Switch 2 Announcement Guesses

January 4th - uboijohnnee
    January 11th - Legion of Primes
    January 15th - RealUncleNintendo
    January 18th - Concernt
    February 15th - xghost777
    February 22nd - MissingNo. , Marce-chan, ZephyrPhoenix
    February 25th - crazybenjamin
    March 6th - Joe, Bobo
    March 7th - Meelow, SirArthur
    March 13th - rêverie, Josh5890, Magic-Man
    March 14th - gijose
    March 18th - the_marmolade
    March 19th - ohlawd
    March 20th - SammyJ9, unit 9s, Stephen
    March 22nd - TriGen
    March 28th - Gamer_G
    April 18 - Pillydillsy
    April 19 - Barely Able
    May 3rd - Lemonfresh
    May 6th - Giancarlo
    June 12th - Gabev
    June 20th - LuckyNumber69
    June 26th - meatbag

If you had a post from 2023 in this thread only that you want counted that wasn’t an @ message to me, just let me know. I’ll even count messages made before the event kicked off provided they weren’t edited as long as they were in this thread.

I won’t edit guesses from here on out, but if I made a mistake writing something down just point me to your original post and I’ll fix it. I double and triple checked everything so 🤞 everything is right.

Thanks again to everyone who signed up and I hope we get winners for both badges :)

Last edited:
    Weekly Questions Week 2
  • We have officially made it through our first week of the Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! The holidays are behind us and everyone interested is signed up for our badge challenge (double check you were added if you haven’t!), so with that we are fully focused on speculation and being on the look out for and being prepared to interpret whatever signs may appear. Before I present this week’s question, I do want to announce I do plan to reset the poll soon so make sure you have sworn allegiance to your team of choice by let’s say 4:00 PM Friday afternoon Pacific Time just to be safe. I plan to record the results, so the poll reset will either be that night or a tad later in the weekend.

Here’s our next weekly question then:

Week 2 - What’s going on with Donkey Kong in 2024 and beyond?

I’ll put my own answer in an ispoiler:
    I think this is the year we’ll finally get a new Donkey Kong game. It’s been ten years since Tropical Freeze and the theme park expansion is nearly here. A DK game has long been rumored and I think this is the year we’ll finally see and play it. Beyond just theme park synergy, DK is a big enough franchise to sell well even with a console launch on the horizon and will continue to sell well even after the Switch 2 releases so it’s a good fit to come out ahead of time.

Beyond that, I think we’ll see Donkey Kong 64 and/or Diddy Kong Racing hit NSO+ this year. I’m leaning towards DK64 for sure since it is a bigger adventure and directly features Donkey Kong. I wouldn’t be surprised to see other Donkey Kong games hit NSO, but they have been spacing out games well to make the services last so I don’t think we’ll see all of them.

Poll 1 Results - Which Direct Month Team Are You? 450+ votes cast!
  • As the poll will be resetting soon, I wanted to record the results of our first poll in the thread! As of 5:07 PM Pacific Time, 453 of us swore our allegiance to our Direct Month team of choice and made our voices heard on whether their team's month would also be home to a Switch 2 announcement. #TeamFebruary dominated the poll with an impressive 60.9% of the votes with 1/6 of them saying February will also hold the Switch 2 announcement while the other 5/6 say it will be a different month. We'll see what happens!

Poll 1 - Which Direct Month Team Are You? Will Your Team's Month Get The Switch 2 Announcement As Well?

• BozPaggs
    • Mori Medinayo
    • chocolate_supra
    • Futaba11037
    • Fuffelpups
    • juuso
    • Johnzyboi
    • Smash Kirby
    • Legion of Primes
    • WhyS
    • Machine Doogs
    • palemire
    • Amishpriest
    • Ojoloco
    • Bowser Sr.
    • LinkURL
    • Fall Guy
    • Crucibleclipse
    • Hajeman
    • goombaicebro
    • RealUncleNintendo
    • Horror Kid
    • robertman2
    • Bobjk123
    • D36
    • Wiencek
    • Général Leclerc
    • xAolio
    • aegis_lss
    • JesusSaves7
    • Yahaha
    • Super Devon
    • P4bl0
    • Bait02
    • uboijohnnee
    • Lucyloo22
    • henriqnuns
    • Darknut85
    • Tactician
    • relkarn
    • Henriquegsr

• Josh5890
    • Raccoon
    • Gartooth
    • Magic-Man
    • Brofield
    • MissingNo.
    • ZaSpai
    • frog
    • Vantell
    • lightning16
    • SuperFakerBros
    • Forkball
    • Kysen
    • Rooster
    • Subrosian Link
    • Olrik
    • DenkeyKong
    • Milannoir
    • Future Boy Nemo
    • LuckyNumber69
    • Sam Albro
    • PixelKnight
    • InsaneZero
    • Arkain
    • Guishe
    • mfsjunior
    • TheMindOfThomas
    • Ometeotl
    • Darkred401
    • Stopdoor
    • TheWolvesDen
    • BuxKeweGuy
    • sm64pie
    • zestycrouton
    • LuigiBlood
    • SoldierDelta
    • SantiM
    • YOGUIOSO
    • Johnson
    • BlackthornOrion
    • Kreeth
    • Giratina
    • Triistan
    • Akuji
    • Tyrien
    • vasishath
    • Number1000DKFan
    • Sandzer
    • rêverie
    • BingBong43
    • Yaldabaoth
    • FloofyMoofys
    • helic0n
    • powersim
    • Shubshub

• tolkir
    • theinternetman
    • Hero of Hyrule
    • Rogue Agent
    • brennywhy
    • lemonfresh
    • Vash
    • xghost777
    • Chippy
    • maniacmaison
    • Slappywag
    • jocaro
    • MarcelRguez
    • tomassino99
    • Lep106317
    • Lady Justice
    • RingoGaSuki
    • joveroy
    • SofyTrancy
    • zumaddy
    • DXB-KNIGHT
    • Plonk
    • alsotop
    • Beelzemontheworld
    • Ced Naru
    • Link_enfant
    • EdFiftyNine
    • Samurai Goroh
    • Concernt
    • kanuman
    • Derilian
    • deaditeclown
    • eye0h
    • Superstarxalien
    • NoodleVacuum
    • dotnetguy
    • syskorn
    • Nolbertos
    • TomNookYankees
    • Godhound
    • Beansy
    • gskomes
    • Pillydillsy
    • Judai
    • dolpic
    • SamTropic
    • Rodrieleven421
    • Aurelia

• EvilChameleon
    • hologram
    • Derachi
    • Scrawnton
    • mazi
    • Suswave
    • TreIII
    • Sadist
    • Vyleon
    • Charamiwa
    • Dardan Sandiego
    • FossilPhantom
    • lexony
    • Ozzie
    • Slash
    • Billmo
    • Dragoncaine
    • SpookyTango
    • Alak96
    • Zalman
    • nenned
    • JB2448
    • Mbolibombo
    • Mekanos
    • lockstepper
    • Rowsdower
    • ezembar
    • Toad King
    • Barely Able
    • Gabriel
    • Eddy
    • NewPueblo
    • VorpalNonsense
    • MaitreWakou
    • BassForever
    • NoidVoid
    • Sknygy
    • Tonioswelt
    • YolkFolk
    • oese0
    • Irene
    • Lelouch0612
    • Hero of Legend
    • Brainiac 8
    • fiendcode
    • Procheno
    • ITSMILNER
    • LonkFromPA
    • The Cornballer
    • Marce-chan
    • Hylianhero777
    • TJTree
    • xandelucas
    • Intoxicate
    • FreshwaterJosh
    • the_marmolade
    • hiro_90
    • Adulfzen
    • famicorpse
    • Gabev
    • Chrdmart
    • Appelsider
    • HeyItsPulse
    • Nobutasu
    • Racalia
    • Seboss
    • Stupid Sexy Flanders
    • daiquiri
    • kazewing
    • Yavga
    • Twilight
    • mariodk18
    • stodesign12
    • Lord Azrael
    • V_ac
    • Additional Notes
    • shoptroll
    • placenta
    • Renmazuo
    • Tombo64
    • OctaviusZarda
    • Koren Lesthe
    • rickyson33
    • thegodsend
    • DrRudeboy
    • Onizuka
    • IronTed
    • nakuto
    • Cerlinho
    • sneaky1999
    • touchfuzzy
    • em
    • Jaytra
    • AllEchse
    • Chijin_08
    • Plubio
    • BrendanJ
    • Salamiaddict
    • Cubs017
    • curl-6
    • Wockio
    • Mostafa
    • Zeal543
    • pierre485
    • Beanstar40
    • Xaltmas
    • Supreme Bum 01
    • Elias
    • woodhead
    • friigiid
    • Lucyfer
    • Lintendo
    • Edwy_PNL
    • switchum
    • Vookatos
    • Xorhan
    • Jamoman
    • sh_louis
    • RedPanda
    • mattyppp
    • aus89
    • terrornaught
    • Neves
    • infinitywave
    • Yompom
    • SNP
    • Joe
    • VitalitySensor
    • lmog
    • Neverx
    • El_Ruli
    • Red
    • Uncle Squingis
    • kirbyfan407
    • BAZO277
    • StefanJens
    • SpaceGodzilla
    • pachamelon
    • Ellie 🧡
    • CM132
    • Soralink91
    • slide's
    • Thunder84
    • JorgenRaft
    • MrMakepiece
    • BoTalksMedia
    • quelseydilla
    • oomoepoo
    • RogueyOneKenobi
    • Inkling
    • Ab
    • hk-rara
    • Albiop83
    • Kaiseraullirio
    • kwish
    • kur1su
    • neobrain
    • Kartina
    • Kobametal
    • Notsowise
    • Jamesp19
    • JayMcK2103
    • TriGen
    • Cucufate
    • Starbreaker
    • ZephyrPhoenix
    • LeaveLuckToHeaven
    • DustinWretch
    • milotic
    • HappyToBeHere
    • Onilink97
    • Vernal
    • Druss
    • FancyFluker
    • AlxndrNevermind
    • risnuff
    • Mango
    • Erathix
    • neon
    • Mikevdv
    • wanar
    • Wilmore
    • Karatejoe
    • space_dragon
    • Luggage
    • alexm666
    • SuperKoizumi
    • Acce04
    • Bulgowski
    • MysticalGnocchi
    • FitTheory852
    • easternlights
    • kasparov77
    • FeiFongWong
    • crashazo
    • Ryuusagi no hoshi
    • Andre3333456
    • AlciPolanco
    • ammonite
    • topsekret
    • Giancarlo
    • Bullwine85
    • Stephen
    • ohlawd
    • SatMgMg
    • Apenknul
    • OctoSplattack
    • Ylork
    • GPKs3
    • Roccoco
    • carbvan
    • Tall Valley Nerd
    • ign__o
    • ~okapi
    • blackjack-15
    • wiill64
    • JazzyFuture
    • Okikurumi
    • SolidSnek
    • Oyya
    • dayseh
    • okanstick
    • hooperdooper
    • buildz
    • dillyro
    • Ezereal
    • FiniteInfinities
    • vivian
    • Tircros

• Delio
    • hannibunny2411
    • Herb Alpert
    • Weebos
    • GamerJM
    • Xavi
    • ladyluthien
    • Amadeus
    • Green_Meeple
    • bmfrosty
    • MrGab
    • Gamecocks625
    • NintendoMariah
    • damos1212
    • Ahmed
    • olobolger
    • Heron
    • Vyplo
    • Bobo
    • Christo750
    • Vladimir
    • TheBlade
    • DarkCojiro
    • unkindlynice
    • Chimpychi
    • Dry_Bones
    • EnergyDrink
    • Gamer_G
    • JNY97
    • thoughthaver
    • vnaidu
    • Porygon-Z
    • Olinad
    • Eclissi
    • krendler
    • RoiDeLaBagarre
    • Skywaver
    • maunx
    • Brubi
    • ffr48
    • justanotherperson
    • UHadMeAtHADOU
    • LobstrsaurusRex
    • Shareholder Chad
    • AoiHana
    • PatrykPrime
    • grobla123
    • Star Wolf 128
    • Spider101
    • Jenn. E Tails
    • Parz
    • YohannH
    • Evilbirds
    • yu?
    • FaNbOy-GU

• Red Monster
    • Kevin
    • VegiHam
    • Brock Reiher
    • Batou
    • Pineapple Pizza
    • Sorbete
    • Lucifer
    • The Captain
    • GrowingHorse
    • Mr Swine
    • AerialAir
    • ekurisona
    • IsisStormDragon
    • ZaWams
    • Psamtik
    • fsshariq
    • terribleidiot
    • user55555
    • SeaBusCBus
    • jarshr
    • navierStokes
    • RodneyPump
    • Rho-Mu31
    • Chucho
    • KyoshiRunner

Thank you to everyone who voted! The next poll will go up fairly soon :)

Edit: If you are the extra vote since I recorded this all down and want your name added here let me know :)

Weekly Questions Week 3
  • Our first two weeks of this thread have flown by and while we of course can’t rule anything out as Nintendo has a regular degree of unpredictability in their actions, after this week of speculation it seems we are getting a clearer consensus on when to expect the next Nintendo Direct! Before this week’s discussion question, the only greater thread business I want to touch on is we did have a fun new poll this past week. It will close somewhere on Friday night or on Saturday and be replaced with a new poll given it was tied to this week specifically. While inspiration may strike, I’ll just say if you have suggestions for fun polls that can garner 300+ votes by all means share them in thread. I do read every post here even when it gets wild :) Onto this week’s question then!

Week 3 - What four games would you like to see most in Year 1 for Switch 2 and why? You can pick either realistic or dream guesses.

For my own answer, a new 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4 are definitely my top two. It’s been far too long since Odyssey and certainly too long since Prime 3 so I really want these two games to be there ideally at launch. I’d also like to a see a Definitive Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch 2 in year 1 that adds a significant amount of new story and perhaps a new area to explore somehow. With the trilogy done, I really want to get back to Mira and open world Xenoblade and I think a Definitive Edition done right would really be a showpiece for the system. For my fourth and final pick, I’m going to pick a new Advance Wars game. It won’t be a graphical showcase I imagine, but it’s something that done right I’d be playing for years to come.

Weekly Questions Week 4
  • We are entering our 4th week of Direct Speculation now! Last week was fairly chill and I expect the next one to be as well as Nintendo is putting out Another Code and we are gearing up for a jam packed (normal calendar) week of releases headlined by Under Night In-Birth II and Apollo Justice on Switch alongside Like A Dragon 8, Tekken 8, and more on other platforms. So while big news seems unlikely for a bit, we are inching ever closer to our generally expected Direct date and with it the chance for rumors and signs will slowly begin to rise! As for thread business, we do have a new poll that opened up this week asking all of us what will be the final one more thing the Direct ends on. Make your voice heard by voting if you haven't! It may just influence the direction of the next poll 👀. Let's roll into our next weekly question then!

Week 4: What other IP revival remakes like Another Code would you like to see and why? Can be first or third party.

For my own answer, I think I'm going to pick Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime which was a DS game sort of like 2D Zelda, but with these super rad giant tank battles where you'd launch a bunch of junk (and sometimes yourself!) out of your tank's cannon to disable and sabotage the enemy. This would be a tough game to update faithfully given it did take advantage of the two screens of the DS especially in the tank battles, but I'd love to see it brought back with some form of online play. Curious what y'all would like to see Fami!

Weekly Questions Week 5
  • We are entering Week 5 of the Nintendo Direct Speculation thread and I’m glad to see the energy picking up again as we get ever closer to the big show! We’re getting close to crossing 100 pages which is awesome!

We had some big news this week with a new Princess Peach Showtime trailer that rolled out alongside a major website update that gave us a much better insight into the game as well an unexpectedly early release date for Side Order! Next week is the one to watch for big leaks if our consensus guess of Derachi’s February 7th week pans out so enjoy the last bit of calm days ahead while they last. As for thread business, I plan to close our current poll probably on Friday so be sure to get your votes in by Friday afternoon. The next poll could very well be the last one 👀 Alright onto the weekly question!

Week 5: In celebration of Under Night In-Birth II and the Apollo Justice collection, what are your favorite fighting games and visual novel / story heavy games on Switch? What fighting game and visual novels / story heavy games would you like to see return with rereleases and new entries?

I think my favorite fighting games on Switch are Smash Bros Ultimate, BlazBlue Central Fiction and Under Night In-Birth (UNI 2 is barely an hour away now!). I really dug both AI games and Gnosia for visual novels / story heavy games on Switch. As for rereleases and new games, for fighting games I’d like to see Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 hit Switch, as I still prefer Xrd to Strive, and I for smaller games I really dug Aquapazza on PS3 despite being unfamiliar with Aquaplus characters so I’d enjoy seeing that come back even though it likely has no chance at all lol. For visual novels / story heavy games, I most want a new Ace Attorney game and both Investigations games on Switch. Also a rerelease of all the Zero Escape games in one package would be very cool.

Poll 3 Results - What's The One More Thing Of The Direct? - 376 votes cast!
  • Before I erase Poll 3 and set up Poll 4, which may be our final poll, I just want to record the results. Poll 3 asked what the final "one more thing" would be for the Direct and I'm surprised at how strong the majority was for the results as 46.3% of us all picked Metroid Prime 4! Perhaps this strong showing influenced the next poll... 👀 . Thank you to everyone who voted and kept it exciting! The battle for second place in particular was quite tight and went back and forth a bit!

Poll 3 - What Will Be "The One More Thing" Of The Next Direct?

• BozPaggs
    • tender
    • Colocho
    • TreIII
    • Sadist
    • MissingNo.
    • Mori Medinayo
    • Weebos
    • Dardan Sandiego
    • Guaraná
    • chocolate_supra
    • VegiHam
    • Slash
    • Dragoncaine
    • SideTilt
    • Vantell
    • Sol
    • ezembar
    • Gabriel
    • ika
    • Batou
    • BassForever
    • Sknygy
    • Rockodile
    • Luke88
    • kimbo99
    • Legion of Primes
    • Kysen
    • Catalyst
    • fiendcode
    • Procheno
    • LonkFromPA
    • Marce-chan
    • TJTree
    • xandelucas
    • the_marmolade
    • Milannoir
    • Adulfzen
    • famicorpse
    • Emerim
    • Matplaysgames
    • E.Gadd
    • Nobutasu
    • maniacmaison
    • Christo750
    • kaydeejay
    • Buried In Time
    • shoptroll
    • Boucantier
    • Drake001
    • MeatheadSamus
    • DarkCojiro
    • OctaviusZarda
    • TurtleRock
    • Koren Lesthe
    • Gengar
    • HeartFullaNapalm
    • The Captain
    • ChainsawMan
    • Cerlinho
    • Samus95
    • pbjms
    • AllEchse
    • Chijin_08
    • AranPrime
    • Salamiaddict
    • Cubs017
    • LiC
    • Alkraken
    • Awesomegames23
    • Chia_Seeds
    • pierre485
    • Xbro
    • Yazmat
    • Supreme Bum 01
    • Elias
    • Gamer_G
    • Cyrus
    • SirShorse
    • switchum
    • GoldCartridgeGamer
    • SofyTrancy
    • Vookatos
    • grumpybat
    • Captain Falcon
    • aus89
    • Joe
    • Lemrik
    • VitalitySensor
    • Neverx
    • koyotecat
    • StefanJens
    • Time2Split
    • NCartwright15
    • SutrI
    • IsisStormDragon
    • CM132
    • pajamasam
    • Thunder84
    • JorgenRaft
    • 1UP inc.
    • Blazethh
    • quelseydilla
    • Plonk
    • oomoepoo
    • Samurai Goroh
    • TheSpaceBetween
    • Kaiseraullirio
    • kwish
    • kur1su
    • dsm
    • Jamesp19
    • barrend
    • justanotherperson
    • Derilian
    • Vainer
    • HappyToBeHere
    • GoYoshi
    • LobstrsaurusRex
    • Superizer
    • deaditeclown
    • FancyFluker
    • ufo garage
    • ADR91
    • D36
    • space_dragon
    • Luggage
    • GoldenTriangle
    • Bulgowski
    • Orbit
    • FitTheory852
    • bo25
    • Andre3333456
    • AlciPolanco
    • FloofGaming
    • GamerZorro
    • topsekret
    • grobla123
    • Bullwine85
    • glossonema
    • Kamarilie
    • 3dsboss
    • uboijohnnee
    • Tachita
    • Ylork
    • Lucyloo22
    • Pillydillsy
    • Tall Valley Nerd
    • franzen23
    • dVXu
    • Number1000DKFan
    • ~okapi
    • blackjack-15
    • wiill64
    • Parz
    • WasdMouse
    • Abenit97
    • SamTropic
    • ceres15
    • Buttons
    • Thomson20994
    • chablo
    • dayseh
    • Darknut85
    • Tactician
    • helic0n
    • crazybenjamin
    • powersim
    • Mathaus
    • Bird_up
    • Th3rra
    • bees?
    • iafishman
    • BjoernMeansBear

• Zhadgon
    • Eddy
    • Baobab
    • UncleAlbert
    • jtownbdp
    • MP!
    • Future Boy Nemo
    • xghost777
    • Invincible2020
    • Atheerios
    • Nabbit
    • Jaytra
    • Zeal543
    • friigiid
    • Earthbounder
    • Xorhan
    • lmog
    • BuxKeweGuy
    • neobrain
    • Notsowise
    • ZephyrPhoenix
    • DustinWretch
    • Spark
    • Rampo360
    • Karatejoe
    • Professor Chops
    • Dante Kong
    • bridgett.white@me
    • easternlights
    • nate_zinger
    • SilicaKong20XX
    • BlackthornOrion
    • HotelDrink
    • WuoliBlue
    • Gigi
    • Kintah
    • okanstick
    • Drybones2015

New 3D Mario Game - 8 Votes - 2.1%
    • sneaky1999
    • Beanstar40
    • LinkURL
    • sadsquid
    • Caladbolg
    • capybarasuprema
    • TheRealWario
    • Shoulder
    • MrGab
    • Intoxicate
    • Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    • Mostafa
    • TheMindOfThomas
    • Sergio
    • EdFiftyNine
    • Fall Guy
    • AoiHana
    • dotnetguy
    • Season1hunnit
    • monstaar
    • AndyChen123
    • vivian
    • SharkY055
    • ShroomishEnjoyer

Splatoon 3 Side Order - 5 Votes - 1.3%
    • Brofield
    • Inkling
    • burningup
    • Kreeth
    • ImpromptuR
    Princess Peach Showtime - 2 Votes - 0.5%
    • Uncle Squingis
    • xtoc
    • Momo
    • Futaba11037
    • Xenoblade 3
    • Heruderu
    • Starphanluke
    • Johnzyboi
    • wrowa
    • FrostyLemon
    • Fierce Deity
    • brennywhy
    • Hylianhero777
    • FreshwaterJosh
    • Heron
    • lol
    • Bobo
    • LuckyNumber69
    • FuzzyAssassin
    • placenta
    • Corim
    • Meelow
    • Nexmark
    • zumaddy
    • sh_louis
    • Yompom
    • BAZO277
    • SpaceGodzilla
    • sm64pie
    • materialoccasion
    • Klkluka
    • Joey_XC
    • Onilink97
    • boodream
    • OctoSplattack
    • r0012

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door...Again! - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • Brannigan
    Metroid Prime 2 Remastered - 8 Votes - 2.1%
    • VorpalNonsense
    • SphereSeeker
    • GoedHeiligMan
    • Kent
    • ezzkmo
    • Olinad
    • TomNookYankees
    • omniryu
    Metroid Prime 2 + 3 - 9 Votes - 2.4%
    • NewPueblo
    • NintendoMariah
    • vnaidu
    • goombaicebro
    • Starbreaker
    • chartsJapan
    • Giancarlo
    • GPKs3
    • FaNbOy-GU
    Hollow Knight Silksong - 3 Votes - 0.8%
    • mazi
    • Darkred401
    • Link_enfant
    Dragon Quest III HD-2D - 4 Votes - 1.1%
    • kazewing
    • tomassino99
    • laphroaig43
    • ZaffoJj
    New Team Asano Game - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • nakuto
    Metroid Prime Trilogy 2 Featuring Pinball, Hunters, and Federation Force...ALL IN HD! - 3 Votes - 0.8%
    • Tangerine_Cookie
    • AerialAir
    • SuperKoizumi
    Nintendo Announces A Brand New Live Action Mario Film! Wahoo! - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • EpitaphMacha
    Mother 3 - 8 Votes - 2.1%
    • juuso
    • Machine Doogs
    • Gabev
    • Discokuningas
    • thelegendofcap
    • Albaer
    • JesusSaves7
    • Ricimer
    Miyamoto Announces A New Star Fox Shirt! No game in sight. - Votes 10 - 2.7%
    • Gartooth
    • Scrawnton
    • lexony
    • Toad King
    • YoboD
    • ekurisona
    • goldrogerii
    • AstroOhHey
    • Ripfeld89
    • dillyro
    Super Waluigi Ultimate Dating Sim And Murder Mystery Featuring Kazuma Kiryu - 7 Votes - 1.9%
    • Derachi
    • crepuscule
    • Racalia
    • Lord Azrael
    • Lucyfer
    • TimeSplitter
    • hk-rara
    • Raccoon
    • ItsOKAY
    • Shadow14
    • lockstepper
    • Green_Meeple
    • jimjimbowcow
    • DenkeyKong
    • PortBlue
    • Ramune
    • Seboss
    • Plubio
    • Jamoman
    • brebre73
    • Garrett
    • RoiDeLaBagarre
    • Tall Leprechaun
    • SoldierDelta
    • Puikko
    • terribleidiot
    • sunnyday65535
    • Tircros

• Suswave
    • MaitreWakou
    • Smash Kirby
    • N75
    • Amishpriest
    • Mr Swine
    • Onosume
    • alsotop
    • Ab
    • Concernt
    • orbbot777532
    • kasparov77
    • Keviaar
    • bulbasarous
    • VanVulpes
    • Stephen
    • Super Devon
    • Giratina
    • Apenknul
    • SeaBusCBus
    • rêverie
    • hooperdooper
    • locrianmidwest

Weekly Questions Week 6
  • Here we are at the start of Week 6 of Nintendo Direct Speculation! Is this our last week of the thread as a majority have been guessing? It makes so much sense and yet the smoke has been minimal so far. It could be the quiet before the Direct storm or we could be waiting a little longer. We’ll see! If we do start getting Pyoro leaks in particular in the next few days, I do want to remind everyone the plan is for this thread to become the spoiler thread and it will run until the end of the Direct airing. Please keep all Direct spoilers in this thread to keep the nonspoiler crowd safe. If this is the last week and it drops on the 7th in particular, we won’t be getting the last planned weekly question, so just in case I do want to thank everyone who has been answering these! Y’all have really made the thread lively and opened up more excellent discussion :) Let’s roll into our next question now!

Week 6 - What new content do you expect to see and what would you like to see from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door? Are there any other upcoming remaster / remakes you hope will get some brand new content?

For my own answer, there’s so much potential here! I’m most expecting some kind of new epilogue adventure though who it will star and how long it will be exactly I’m not so sure. I think I’d most love to see another small adventure with Mario reuniting with his friends, so I’m going to hope for that most. A few new Super Bosses like Mario RPG would be very cool to have as well. Also, we need more Flavio. That’s important!

As for the other part of the question, I’m really looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth which sort of straddles the line between new game and remake. In the original game there’s a sequence where Cloud rides a dolphin a hundred feet in the air to continue his journey. That scene needs to be there and we also need a full new minigame revolving around the party riding dolphins for more goofy fun.

Weekly Questions Week 7
  • Here we are in the home stretch. As we enter our seventh and now seemingly all but assured final week of speculation, one last potential plot twist is upon us. The date has been confirmed by various insiders as February 15th, but just as of this morning new chatter has emerged that believes it to be a Partner Direct. Uh oh! Chaos! Sides are still forming as we speak. Do you believe it’s a Partner, a Mini, or a General? Not too much longer to know for sure!

With the date set it’s time for our final weekly check in for thread business and our final weekly question. First is a reminder that if Pyoro leaks occur prior to the Direct announcement this thread becomes the spoiler thread which remains in place until the Direct finishes airing or shadowdrops. A non leak thread is encouraged to be made at that time for people who want to bail. Second, The Last Call Summon The Direct Event is currently planned to run for the three nights prior to the expected air date in the hopes to summon the announcement tweet / shadowdropped show. There will be all the info you need when it starts, but if you are unfamiliar from the last Speculation thread, the short version is basically we post and share songs off Youtube to countdown the last few hours to the potential announcement according the theme I choose each night. We all had a lot of fun last time so I’m excited to bring it back! Third, as for the Switch 2 badge challenge, whenever that gets announced I will go back and check the OP to see if anyone won that day so anyone with a prediction past this thread’s life and you win don’t worry I’ll make sure you get it! Finally then, here is our last weekly question!

Week 7 - What do you most want to see from this Nintendo Direct both realistic and otherwise and why? Also, what games will shadowdrop if any?

For my own answer, the main thing I want is really to know what games to look forward to and thus budget for up to the Switch 2 launch. Ideally this is a general Direct then so we can know the full line up, but even just third parties will largely cover this need. It’s kind of weird the whole industry just seemingly doesn’t want to talk or commit to anything after April so that’s something I hope this Direct changes. If possible, I’d love to see both Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong after both have been absent for so long. If it is a Partner show, I really hope a new Box Boy or Part Time UFO game pops up at least. As for shadowdrops, obviously Metroid Prime 2 would be most rad. Luigi’s Mansion is probably my second most wanted with Luigi’s Mansion 2 returning. If it’s a Partner, again Box Boy and Part Time UFO would be most cool. The actual shadow drop I expect most regardless of format is Penny’s Big Breakaway which I’m excited for. Just feels like that game is launching very soon.

Summon The Direct Event Day 1 - Low Key Version
  • So originally the plan was to start the Direct announcement countdown event tonight, but with the mood kind of drained following a deflating Pyoro tweet that points to a more low key event, we'll keep the event more low key today and do it properly tomorrow. There won't be a countdown attached to this for this more casual night, but I think it would still be fun to share some Youtube videos today.

Tonight's theme was going to be the rumored game series for the Direct, so share your favorite Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, and Metroid songs! Even if we don't see these this week, hopefully some of these games are just around the corner in March! Please only embed one Youtube video per post to be kind to mobile users, but multiple posts are highly encouraged!

I'll kick things off with this song from Fire Emblem Awakening, Id, which plays on the final map of the game. I don't know if it's come up much in this thread, but I actually haven't played through too many Fire Emblem games. I picked up Awakening at launch and enjoyed it, but fell off for years. The only Fire Emblem games I had beaten for the longest time were Fire Emblem Heroes Book 1, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. But in 2022 I finally circled back and cleared my first proper Fire Emblem game with Awakening and had a great time! For the longest time I had only heard this song in Smash Bros, but when it finally played at the end it was such an exciting moment that marked the most memorable part of the adventure.

So yeah! Share your favorite Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, and Metroid songs tonight as we hang out :)

Last Call Summon The Direct Event Day 2! - Original Video Game Vocal Songs!
  • It is time to start counting down to our potential Direct announcement today by sharing Youtube videos! To be kind to mobile users, please only embed one Youtube video per post, but always remember multiple posts are highly encouraged!

Today’s theme is original video game vocal songs! Ideally these are songs with lyrics, but I’ll accept any song with vocals (ie chants and shouts are fine) to open this up to more fun songs! Any language, including fictional language, is fine.

I’ll kick things off with my favorite original vocal song in a Nintendo game, Reincarnation from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Yoshino Nanjo of Love Live fame absolutely killed it with this song and the moment I heard it I knew that game was going to be absolutely special.

8 hours to go! Excited to see what original video game vocal songs y’all choose to share :)

Last Call Summon The Direct Event Day 3 - Partners And Friends
  • Here we are seemingly for sure at the end of a very long journey of speculation together. Tomorrow is our day whether it’s a Mini or a Mini Partner Showcase. Who knows how cool this show may or may not be, but even if it is on the more low key side, I hope we all get some cool stuff from it. Thanks everyone for such an awesome thread so far. Hanging out with you all is the best part and is what makes these threads such a blast whether we’re chilling together in quiet times or experiencing select moments of pure hype and excitement. I’m really excited to finish the night together strong :)

It’s time now to begin our final countdown! As always to be kind to mobile users, please share one Youtube video per post in our countdown event.

Today’s theme is partners and friends! Yes the power of friendship is the theme of the day! Please share songs that you think speak to the theme of partners and friends. I know it’s a bit abstract compared to set genres, so feel free to get creative and if you think something’s borderline, but you think it’d be fun to share, go for it! We are here to have fun!

My first pick is one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs, Searching For Friends! It replaces the bleak overworld song from the World of Ruin once you have the second airship! This hopeful song points to the power of friendship you seek to reforge to challenge and defeat Kefka. Seems like a fitting start to the night as we barrel towards the seemingly all but officially confirmed Partner Showcase together!

7-8 hours to go! I’m excited to see what songs with the theme of partners and friends y’all pick :)

Poll 4 Results - What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer - 393 Votes Cast!
  • I'm refreshing the thread tonight which means it's time for a new poll. Before I reset it, I definitely have to record the results as we had 393 Votes! Thanks everyone for voting and making it a lively poll :) The winner of Poll 4, What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer, was a Planet with 78 votes which was nearly 20% overall! Whenever we do get our first Metroid Prime 4 trailer, this will be fun to look back on!

Poll 4 - What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer

• Futaba11037
    • Ozeiyo
    • Intoxicate
    • MeatheadSamus
    • DarkCojiro
    • IronTed
    • Foxuzamakk
    • Plubio
    • nils
    • Yompom
    • metonight
    • SutrI
    • Plonk
    • oomoepoo
    • AmNTDO
    • goombaicebro
    • N 2 Deep
    • yntsire
    • DustinWretch
    • boodream
    • qwerp
    • AoiHana
    • Karatejoe
    • Cheesehead302
    • SantiM
    • pinetree
    • Difilippo
    • Apenknul
    • vasishath
    • BingBong43
    • chablo
    • kzed

• EvilChameleon
    • Brofield
    • Dragoncaine
    • GamerJM
    • Laranjer
    • YoboD
    • Sknygy
    • Porygon
    • Hylianhero777
    • xandelucas
    • Xterrian
    • Gabev
    • Seboss
    • Akoig
    • OctaviusZarda
    • Mirev
    • mattyppp
    • midnightcrusade
    • Olinad
    • Bargo
    • LunarJade
    • princess.peach
    • Sethler
    • Onosume
    • Concernt
    • Starbreaker
    • Edelink
    • BackwardsCompat
    • GoYoshi
    • Boxle
    • space_dragon
    • Luggage
    • MuddySeal
    • fsshariq
    • yassirdjarra@gmai
    • beej
    • FloofyMoofys
    • H Whale
    • crazybenjamin
    • powersim
    • Ed Lolesco
    • Melpomene

Zero Suit Samus - 6 Votes - 1.5%
    • Sky Walker
    • freedomseekr
    • unkindlynice
    • RedPhosphorous
    • LongDrake
    • Lolninjacatz
    • Josh5890
    • Mori Medinayo
    • VegiHam
    • GravyFingerz
    • Vantell
    • Bambi
    • Baobab
    • famicorpse
    • Chrdmart
    • The Captain
    • OuttaLuck
    • pbjms
    • Guishe
    • switchum
    • Ometeotl
    • zumaddy
    • Joe
    • KMStwo
    • beaglor
    • RogueyOneKenobi
    • Stv176
    • KingWaterChicken
    • Cream147
    • Andre3333456
    • Nc7
    • 3dsboss
    • gskomes
    • AgapeGaming17
    • BabyDontHurtMe
    • omniryu

• Scrawnton
    • Magic-Man
    • Momo
    • MissingNo.
    • HylianHero12
    • undefined
    • Green_Meeple
    • Gabriel
    • VorpalNonsense
    • sadmachine
    • Ahmed
    • jimjimbowcow
    • RavensShade
    • Kysen
    • Subrosian Link
    • Marce-chan
    • brennywhy
    • DenkeyKong
    • FreshwaterJosh
    • Hosermess
    • Machine Doogs
    • Future Boy Nemo
    • prizna
    • Heron
    • Stupid Sexy Flanders
    • kazewing
    • FuzzyAssassin
    • ImpendingFoil
    • Pumbadumba
    • shoptroll
    • Koren Lesthe
    • Brannigan
    • Gengar
    • Ramako
    • Cerlinho
    • Chimpychi
    • afternoon delight
    • Arshes
    • Palmtree Panic
    • pierre485
    • Supreme Bum 01
    • Gamer_G
    • TheMindOfThomas
    • GoldCartridgeGamer
    • grumpybat
    • Xorhan
    • Neves
    • StefanJens
    • NCartwright15
    • Gleethor
    • EdFiftyNine
    • Samurai Goroh
    • random gamer
    • SMALLVILLE BOY
    • kur1su
    • Notsowise
    • TriGen
    • Vainer
    • ADR91
    • Bullwine85
    • glossonema
    • realtart
    • Kreeth
    • OctoSplattack
    • Beansy
    • Kaizo
    • JazzyFuture
    • johnny1899
    • YohannH
    • ceres15
    • Darknut85
    • FaNbOy-GU
    • PadawanOfKoon
    • Cyber Exodia
    • spacecompound
    • Okumei
    • purplesodium
    • Moabdr

• Pokemaniac
    • Gartooth
    • TreIII
    • Weebos
    • ZaSpai
    • JB2448
    • ladyluthien
    • NewPueblo
    • NoidVoid
    • TheCongressman
    • LonkFromPA
    • Milannoir
    • Emerim
    • PortBlue
    • Ephonk
    • TheBodge
    • Christo750
    • DomsiKong
    • tomassino99
    • takriel
    • Cubs017
    • Mostafa
    • Zeal543
    • Xbro
    • jeenaud
    • Pennington
    • Darkred401
    • RoiDeLaBagarre
    • SequenceErase
    • Fall Guy
    • chartsJapan
    • Tulipe
    • lupinia
    • D36
    • SoldierDelta
    • Keviaar
    • Giancarlo
    • Stephen
    • BlackthornOrion
    • Shoulder
    • Pillydillsy
    • SeaBusCBus
    • dayseh
    • SonicNexus
    • okanstick
    • helic0n
    • oldpuck
    • MrMiyamoto
    • secondwind
    • Spelunker
    • phexe

• Maxrunner
    • Heruderu
    • ika
    • karmitt
    • Paper Cheese
    • Like the hat?
    • Thraktor
    • AllEchse
    • Djehuty
    • koyotecat
    • Red
    • BAZO277
    • TimeSplitter
    • Time2Split
    • lys_tn
    • PatrykPrime
    • FloofGaming
    • ammonite
    • Scharnier
    • TsarOfAbility
    • Tachita
    • GPKs3
    • blackjack-15
    • Tircros
    • Archy
    • ultraNX
    • PenguinLegg

Metroid - 9 Votes - 2.3%
    • juuso
    • Kenka
    • Yavga
    • Jahranimo
    • JNY97
    • Earthbounder
    • alsotop
    • SHISHKO
    • Aozz101x
    Ridley / Kraid / Phantoon / Draygon / Mother Brain / Other Returning Boss Monster - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • Mr Swine
    Sylux - 8 Votes - 2.0%
    • Aurc
    • TJTree
    • infinitywave
    • Blazethh
    • barrend
    • Ripfeld89
    • dolpic
    • Ricimer
    Space Pirate - 3 Votes - 0.8%
    • Brock Reiher
    • Awesomegames23
    • TomNookYankees
    Alien, Alien Monster, Or Robot -6 Votes - 1.5%
    • xghost777
    • Kaiseraullirio
    • Valentonis
    • Abenit97
    • Tactician
    • Rodrieleven421
    Admiral Dane / The Galactic Federation / The Chozo / Other Friendly Aliens - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • Rychu_Supadude
    • SunnyDays
    • komicer
    • em
    • Sparkling Hootle
    • EpitaphMacha
    • zokie
    • BoTalksMedia
    • zestycrouton
    • toribobs
    • uboijohnnee
    • yusufied
    • dVXu
    • darthdiablo
    • Rene
    • WasdMouse
    • Chucho
    • nikdogged

Our Friend Crocomire - 8 Votes - 2.0%
    • BozPaggs
    • kamaitachi
    • Harpoon
    • thoughthaver
    • slide's
    • lkandanman
    • SmolSam
    • SweetBulborb
    • chocolate_supra
    • Additional Notes
    • Kongo B
    • big lantern ghost
    • Vookatos
    • Thunder84
    • BuxKeweGuy
    • Mischaal
    • Pointy Tucks
    • Bomber Pepe
    • KarlRemarx
    • Exophonics

The Galactic Sport Of Glider Riding Sponsored By The Monks Of Groundheim - 1 Vote - 0.3%
    • Lucyloo22
    Anthony Higgs. Remember Him? - 9 Votes - 2.3%
    • Sadist
    • Toad King
    • ?oe?oe
    • Rexskel
    • Corim
    • SpaceGodzilla
    • ufo garage
    • naobinokami
    • wiill64
    • lexony
    • bixente
    • Johnzyboi
    • IzayaDLL
    • scamander
    • MrGab
    • GoGoDezmo
    • Atheerios
    • Zeroth
    • waffledoodle
    • manfromthedam
    • Cyrus
    • Lucyfer
    • Porygon-Z
    • VitalitySensor
    • lmog
    • Bevoball
    • Thiefcoal
    • Derilian
    • Orbit
    • Professor Chops
    • demomansz
    • terribleidiot
    • HotelDrink
    • Th3rra
    • locrianmidwest
    • Ehl

• Shoe
    • Linkstrikesback
    • MaitreWakou
    • Theorymon
    • Procheno
    • Amishpriest
    • AceBandage
    • Issen
    • AerialAir
    • Neverx
    • THL0709
    • justanotherperson
    • orbbot777532
    • SuperKoizumi
    • kasparov77
    • BDGAME
    • bo25
    • WeegeeTime64
    • Toastmaster1000
    • Giratina
    • Paraspikey
    • carbvan
    • vivian
    • fluttersusagi

Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth Begins!
  • Act II – Rebirth

February 15th 2024 is a date that shall live in infamy. If you were there in those early morning hours, when our hopes and hype burned brightest, you know the tale well. It was absolutely beautiful and yet absolutely tragic. Our summoning ritual for the Nintendo Direct had counted down the hours each step of the way for three days now and the powers of Rumors, Vocals, and Friendship were all successfully channeled. The vibes were good and with the first window passed, our energy exponentially exploded. This was it! This was our time! The post count accelerated and we blew past Page 280, the promised page. Things got wobbly all around us, the Yeah! button stopped working, and our speculation energy was at its peak! As the servers melted down from our collective force, a tweet emerged from the chaos as we ticked over into a new hour to usher in the bitter end. It was Splatoon! Oh no! Not now!

And then there was silence. The world paused as the website broke.

Emerging from the chaos, we checked for survivors. What had happened? Was our energy not enough? Some still clung to some hope or perhaps were riding off the high of our excitement.

An hour passed and once again there was silence. We broke the website a second time.

That was silly. But the day was done. Our collective energy was not enough. Summoning the Direct was unsuccessful…

And so closed Act I of Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| What Lies Beyond The Door?

But here we are now! A whole new world of Speculation awaits! This is it! This is Act II of our story – Rebirth! It’s time to start fresh, move forward, and begin charting the next leg of our journey! Where will it take us? Is it merely around the corner next week? Or perhaps our next show will be a Switch 2 software showcase in a later month? Who can say, but ourselves!

It is time to once again begin speculating with kindness and care in our hearts. A Nintendo Direct is out there, with new smoke and signs to uncover and interpret that point to its existence, release, and contents. For any rumors and insider information that are part of this, please remember there’s no reason to be dismissive and rude to others or to be weirdly attached both in favor of or against video game news, rumors, speculation or even games themselves that may not pan out. The golden rule continues to be above all else to always be kind to each other so we can have a fun time discussing games and hanging out together!

It's time to recommit to bringing the hype and enjoying speculating together! Let’s do this :)

Weekly Questions Week 8
  • We had a wild week this past week with no Direct and the news of a potential internal delay of the Switch 2 not to mention big news from both Sony and Microsoft regarding the future of their platforms. It seems this coming week is indeed our week for the next Direct so we’ll see what comes of it provided it happens. With us a bit more calm and cozy again, I’d like to resume the Weekly Questions and present our Week 8 question.

Week 8 - If the internal delay of Switch 2 is indeed real, what does the near future through the end of June look like for Nintendo in regards to both games and marketing events?

This has to an extent, been one of the big questions of the thread, but with the context so different now than expected. I felt like now was a good time to ask everyone directly. I think marketing events are going to be a little unusual compared to past years due to reshuffling. Plans that were in place now all have to get readjusted. I’m thinking:

This coming week - Partner Showcase + One First Party game inside. A double feature of some sort is happening and I’m leaning towards it being Paper Mario because that’s the next big game after Peach.

The following week - Pokemon show - new spinoff and the big remakes announced

Early April - Short General Direct

My thinking here for the games we are getting is April gets Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, May gets Fire Emblem 4, and June gets Luigi’s Mansion 2 (plus one potentially). Marketing shake up aside, this is essentially my predictions I’ve been making through the thread for the most part and I think they’ll stick with it because I think Nintendo is going to pull in some banked remasters/remakes that were going to be saved for the cross gen period (which still will be a thing next year to be clear) to help cover the gaps later in the year (so beyond June). I always thought they’d save Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for next year in particular, but with the Switch 2 internally delayed this is that “break the glass in case of emergency” moment that it makes sense to have.

Anyway those are my thoughts, curious to hear what y’all think :)

New poll - community input for what to do with Direct Speculation next
  • Hey everyone we’ve gotten a few questions on what to do with the thread at various points the last few days since unusual events happened. With a new Direct seemingly close after this one, staff would like to ask for community input on what to do next so please answer the new poll. Thanks!

Final poll results. Thread will end at 6:30ish AM following the end of the Direct
  • Thanks everyone for voting in the final poll above. After seeing the results at ostensibly a tie, staff has decided we will be ending the thread as originally planned to give everyone a short break. After the Direct finishes airing (roughly 6:30 AM-ish), this thread will close. Speculating Nintendo in the meantime will continue in General Discussion and in the March thread the plans for the next speculation thread will be decided there with a rough goal for now to launch in mid March.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom