• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct tomorrow anyone?

giphy.gif

A little of both? It's starting to feel overdone, but it's a cool idea and I'll allow it for Pokemon

For some reason I think Gen 5 in particular lends itself to that style pretty well

He mentioned that one of his sources told him a while back that Nintendo was gearing up for a big marketing push for Prime 4 around May 2024; should mention he heavily caveated that with it being fairly old information and he wouldn't count on that still being accurate; the main reason he brought it up was to explain why he drafted Metroid Prime 4 for Fantasy Critic
Hundreds of games get released every year

4 console games in the entire history of gaming have used that HD2D art style, and one more has been announced.

It's an absolutely absurd claim.

I have to admit, despite my skepticism because of previous misses, I’d be very curious to see if Grubb would have anything to say about Prime 2 at this point. I haven’t looked at all the recent comments, but I’m guessing no updates about 2 or 3? In any case, it’s looking increasingly likely he was right after all about the delay on this latest Direct.

It took all day, but I’m caught up! Will post more as the night goes on, but it’s time to look forward! Going to get some thread updates going first like recording the poll results.

the only one i've played was a bit of the first Octopath and I felt that way too at first but it did grow on me

too bad I felt the opposite way about the rest of that game
For me it was like I got used to it, but it was still a bit weird. Live A Live was much better but there's still one thing I don't like about it, and that's:

Nah I agree. The entire HD-2D art style just... It's a big no from me. It's like Windwaker HD on crack. It's like they cranked ever meter to 11 and some people really love ridiculous bloom and godrays for some reason.
...this!! The bloom!! If they dialed it back I think I'd like the whole style a lot more. I'm not at all opposed to pixel sprites in 3D environments, but the bloom washes things out in a way that's just a bit much. Also some of the camera zooms during battles can be a bit much too.

HD-2D is like, 90% of the way there for me. Which is great! But there's just a couple nitpicks I have, not to be negative but because I care. And because of the possibility that this is the way I'll be seeing Chrono Trigger next and I wanna really like it 😅

For me it was like I got used to it, but it was still a bit weird. Live A Live was much better but there's still one thing I don't like about it, and that's:

...this!! The bloom!! If they dialed it back I think I'd like the whole style a lot more. I'm not at all opposed to pixel sprites in 3D environments, but the bloom washes things out in a way that's just a bit much. Also some of the camera zooms during battles can be a bit much too.

HD-2D is like, 90% of the way there for me. Which is great! But there's just a couple nitpicks I have, not to be negative but because I care. And because of the possibility that this is the way I'll be seeing Chrono Trigger next and I wanna really like it 😅
I want the bloom to be as big as the stain glass behind angels. I want it to irradiate my eyes like the lights on the Griswold house from Christmas Vacation. We need MORE bloom!

HD-2D reminds me a lot of those Doom mods that add a ton of dynamic real time lighting effects or Ray Tracing but end up kinda clashing with the timeless look of the sprites. I think the best example of a lighting update in any game like that are the Nightdive Quake remasters that update the lighting and models, but still in a way that's fitting with the original aesthetic by not just adding a ton of bloom and a vignette.

Anyways the best looking HD-2D games are Paper Mario Colour Splash, The Origami King and TTYD HD.

Nate i swear to you. People in the real world have so much shit going on and just listening to your podcasts and information you give us, gets people through that. I swear to god, its been over a decade where you have bought me out of some shit in real time. Trust me. Its only a few trolls, there are many many people who love and respect you and get that stuff happens. Remember that always sir. You make a difference.

Thanks.

Ok, but I still want my podcasts.

Btw when is the next one? Honestly if you add John to your daily rotation more often along with MVG it makes the show so much better, because of your different backgrounds within the industry, all you inputs are actually nice to hear, and then as a listeners we create our own opinions.

A lot of people missed the fact that a lot of what you do while it may or not be based on leaks, it is speculation and it is called informed speculation, again because of your roles within the industry right.

We should have an ST for Nates podcasts, I'm mean we have YouTube comments, but I would love to discuss with other famimembers.

See you at the next podcast Nate.

Thank you!

Scheduling John can be a challenge due to regional differences. Takes a lot of planning to make it happen, unfortunately. With day jobs and other commitments, we often have to arrange it well in advance and then hope an unexpected surprise doesn't force a pivot.

Wowie zowie people are angy.

Direct tomorrow anyone?
As much as I'd love for it to happen.., that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Poll 4 Results - What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer - 393 Votes Cast!
I'm refreshing the thread tonight which means it's time for a new poll. Before I reset it, I definitely have to record the results as we had 393 Votes! Thanks everyone for voting and making it a lively poll :) The winner of Poll 4, What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer, was a Planet with 78 votes which was nearly 20% overall! Whenever we do get our first Metroid Prime 4 trailer, this will be fun to look back on!

Poll 4 - What Will Be The First Shot / Thing Shown For The Metroid Prime 4 Trailer

• Futaba11037
  • Ozeiyo
  • Intoxicate
  • MeatheadSamus
  • DarkCojiro
  • IronTed
  • Foxuzamakk
  • Plubio
  • nils
  • Yompom
  • metonight
  • SutrI
  • Plonk
  • oomoepoo
  • AmNTDO
  • goombaicebro
  • N 2 Deep
  • yntsire
  • DustinWretch
  • boodream
  • qwerp
  • AoiHana
  • Karatejoe
  • Cheesehead302
  • SantiM
  • pinetree
  • Difilippo
  • Apenknul
  • vasishath
  • BingBong43
  • chablo
  • kzed

• EvilChameleon
  • Brofield
  • Dragoncaine
  • GamerJM
  • Laranjer
  • YoboD
  • Sknygy
  • Porygon
  • Hylianhero777
  • xandelucas
  • Xterrian
  • Gabev
  • Seboss
  • Akoig
  • OctaviusZarda
  • Mirev
  • mattyppp
  • midnightcrusade
  • Olinad
  • Bargo
  • LunarJade
  • princess.peach
  • Sethler
  • Onosume
  • Concernt
  • Starbreaker
  • Edelink
  • BackwardsCompat
  • GoYoshi
  • Boxle
  • space_dragon
  • Luggage
  • MuddySeal
  • fsshariq
  • yassirdjarra@gmai
  • beej
  • FloofyMoofys
  • H Whale
  • crazybenjamin
  • powersim
  • Ed Lolesco
  • Melpomene

Zero Suit Samus - 6 Votes - 1.5%
  • Sky Walker
  • freedomseekr
  • unkindlynice
  • RedPhosphorous
  • LongDrake
  • Lolninjacatz
  • Josh5890
  • Mori Medinayo
  • VegiHam
  • GravyFingerz
  • Vantell
  • Bambi
  • Baobab
  • famicorpse
  • Chrdmart
  • The Captain
  • OuttaLuck
  • pbjms
  • Guishe
  • switchum
  • Ometeotl
  • zumaddy
  • Joe
  • KMStwo
  • beaglor
  • RogueyOneKenobi
  • Stv176
  • KingWaterChicken
  • Cream147
  • Andre3333456
  • Nc7
  • 3dsboss
  • gskomes
  • AgapeGaming17
  • BabyDontHurtMe
  • omniryu

• Scrawnton
  • Magic-Man
  • Momo
  • MissingNo.
  • HylianHero12
  • undefined
  • Green_Meeple
  • Gabriel
  • VorpalNonsense
  • sadmachine
  • Ahmed
  • jimjimbowcow
  • RavensShade
  • Kysen
  • Subrosian Link
  • Marce-chan
  • brennywhy
  • DenkeyKong
  • FreshwaterJosh
  • Hosermess
  • Machine Doogs
  • Future Boy Nemo
  • prizna
  • Heron
  • Stupid Sexy Flanders
  • kazewing
  • FuzzyAssassin
  • ImpendingFoil
  • Pumbadumba
  • shoptroll
  • Koren Lesthe
  • Brannigan
  • Gengar
  • Ramako
  • Cerlinho
  • Chimpychi
  • afternoon delight
  • Arshes
  • Palmtree Panic
  • pierre485
  • Supreme Bum 01
  • Gamer_G
  • TheMindOfThomas
  • GoldCartridgeGamer
  • grumpybat
  • Xorhan
  • Neves
  • StefanJens
  • NCartwright15
  • Gleethor
  • EdFiftyNine
  • Samurai Goroh
  • random gamer
  • SMALLVILLE BOY
  • kur1su
  • Notsowise
  • TriGen
  • Vainer
  • ADR91
  • Bullwine85
  • glossonema
  • realtart
  • Kreeth
  • OctoSplattack
  • Beansy
  • Kaizo
  • JazzyFuture
  • johnny1899
  • YohannH
  • ceres15
  • Darknut85
  • FaNbOy-GU
  • PadawanOfKoon
  • Cyber Exodia
  • spacecompound
  • Okumei
  • purplesodium
  • Moabdr

• Pokemaniac
  • Gartooth
  • TreIII
  • Weebos
  • ZaSpai
  • JB2448
  • ladyluthien
  • NewPueblo
  • NoidVoid
  • TheCongressman
  • LonkFromPA
  • Milannoir
  • Emerim
  • PortBlue
  • Ephonk
  • TheBodge
  • Christo750
  • DomsiKong
  • tomassino99
  • takriel
  • Cubs017
  • Mostafa
  • Zeal543
  • Xbro
  • jeenaud
  • Pennington
  • Darkred401
  • RoiDeLaBagarre
  • SequenceErase
  • Fall Guy
  • chartsJapan
  • Tulipe
  • lupinia
  • D36
  • SoldierDelta
  • Keviaar
  • Giancarlo
  • Stephen
  • BlackthornOrion
  • Shoulder
  • Pillydillsy
  • SeaBusCBus
  • dayseh
  • SonicNexus
  • okanstick
  • helic0n
  • oldpuck
  • MrMiyamoto
  • secondwind
  • Spelunker
  • phexe

• Maxrunner
  • Heruderu
  • ika
  • karmitt
  • Paper Cheese
  • Like the hat?
  • Thraktor
  • AllEchse
  • Djehuty
  • koyotecat
  • Red
  • BAZO277
  • TimeSplitter
  • Time2Split
  • lys_tn
  • PatrykPrime
  • FloofGaming
  • ammonite
  • Scharnier
  • TsarOfAbility
  • Tachita
  • GPKs3
  • blackjack-15
  • Tircros
  • Archy
  • ultraNX
  • PenguinLegg

Metroid - 9 Votes - 2.3%
  • juuso
  • Kenka
  • Yavga
  • Jahranimo
  • JNY97
  • Earthbounder
  • alsotop
  • SHISHKO
  • Aozz101x
Ridley / Kraid / Phantoon / Draygon / Mother Brain / Other Returning Boss Monster - 1 Vote - 0.3%
  • Mr Swine
Sylux - 8 Votes - 2.0%
  • Aurc
  • TJTree
  • infinitywave
  • Blazethh
  • barrend
  • Ripfeld89
  • dolpic
  • Ricimer
Space Pirate - 3 Votes - 0.8%
  • Brock Reiher
  • Awesomegames23
  • TomNookYankees
Alien, Alien Monster, Or Robot -6 Votes - 1.5%
  • xghost777
  • Kaiseraullirio
  • Valentonis
  • Abenit97
  • Tactician
  • Rodrieleven421
Admiral Dane / The Galactic Federation / The Chozo / Other Friendly Aliens - 1 Vote - 0.3%
  • Rychu_Supadude
  • SunnyDays
  • komicer
  • em
  • Sparkling Hootle
  • EpitaphMacha
  • zokie
  • BoTalksMedia
  • zestycrouton
  • toribobs
  • uboijohnnee
  • yusufied
  • dVXu
  • darthdiablo
  • Rene
  • WasdMouse
  • Chucho
  • nikdogged

Our Friend Crocomire - 8 Votes - 2.0%
  • BozPaggs
  • kamaitachi
  • Harpoon
  • thoughthaver
  • slide's
  • lkandanman
  • SmolSam
  • SweetBulborb
  • chocolate_supra
  • Additional Notes
  • Kongo B
  • big lantern ghost
  • Vookatos
  • Thunder84
  • BuxKeweGuy
  • Mischaal
  • Pointy Tucks
  • Bomber Pepe
  • KarlRemarx
  • Exophonics

The Galactic Sport Of Glider Riding Sponsored By The Monks Of Groundheim - 1 Vote - 0.3%
  • Lucyloo22
Anthony Higgs. Remember Him? - 9 Votes - 2.3%
  • Sadist
  • Toad King
  • ?oe?oe
  • Rexskel
  • Corim
  • SpaceGodzilla
  • ufo garage
  • naobinokami
  • wiill64
  • lexony
  • bixente
  • Johnzyboi
  • IzayaDLL
  • scamander
  • MrGab
  • GoGoDezmo
  • Atheerios
  • Zeroth
  • waffledoodle
  • manfromthedam
  • Cyrus
  • Lucyfer
  • Porygon-Z
  • VitalitySensor
  • lmog
  • Bevoball
  • Thiefcoal
  • Derilian
  • Orbit
  • Professor Chops
  • demomansz
  • terribleidiot
  • HotelDrink
  • Th3rra
  • locrianmidwest
  • Ehl

• Shoe
  • Linkstrikesback
  • MaitreWakou
  • Theorymon
  • Procheno
  • Amishpriest
  • AceBandage
  • Issen
  • AerialAir
  • Neverx
  • THL0709
  • justanotherperson
  • orbbot777532
  • SuperKoizumi
  • kasparov77
  • BDGAME
  • bo25
  • WeegeeTime64
  • Toastmaster1000
  • Giratina
  • Paraspikey
  • carbvan
  • vivian
  • fluttersusagi

Shit I forgot I posted this this morning

Was it all my fault? Did I kill them??? 😮
Like 10 people in this thread even knew what the hell you were referencing so probably not your fault…on the other hand, that thread has morphed into such an amalgamation of shitposts, the power probably transferred over here after you typed that.

So how we feeling about a Direct next week?

....too soon?
cautiously optimistic? At the moment I'm buying into the delayed partner narrative, so I'd think they'd want to get things back on track sooner rather than later. Plus the week after next has Pokemon Day, so that's probably out as a possibility

I feel like if we take this at face value, maybe the Direct was pushed or delayed quickly after Microsoft announced their intention to do the podcast last week...? Maybe by Wednesday last week, they had already made the decision to move it?
I think this makes the most sense. Whatever was supposed to come in this direct was going to be Nintendo's most underwhelming news of the year. Instead of getting drowned out by Microsoft, particularly when they know diehards are foaming at the mouth for next console news, they just decided to skip it.

I also think they probably realized that it makes sense to have a Switch direct shortly after the reveal of the new console so as to remind the Switch install base that the platform is still supported.

that a trusted source had told him a bit ago that Nintendo was going to start a marketing campaign for Prime 4 in like May. He did also add that he thinks those plans have probably changed.
I'm not sure what the value is of claims like these. If it happens, he can take the credit, if it doesn't, yeah, plans have changed.

Compare that to someone like Pyoro, who makes falsifiable claims and as a result can be regarded as a valid leaker.

So wait, I’m confused … there was hope about something tomorrow morning but I guess that changed again?

I should probably just go to sleep. 😴

So how we feeling about a Direct next week?

....too soon?
No expectations. Considering that the Xbox thing yesterday was basically just a clarifying statement to shore up confidence that they aren't dropping out of the console business, I don't see any reasons why a potential direct would be delayed because of it.

I think it's important to remember Nintendo don't have an obligation to give us a Direct, and I think a lot of the expectation around there being one in Jan/Feb is because of patterns. Maybe there's nothing much to show right now? I would have bought more into a partner if the Ys X trailer hadn't dropped this week as that seems like something that would have been there.

The next thing is probably Pokémon Presents on Pokémon Day.

Honestly, with everything that happened today, I kind of forgot that Pokémon Day is in less than two weeks... kind of bonkers but I'm very excited! :)

If the next Direct is still a Partner Showcase, I'm going to laugh my ass off it it's 50% Microsoft titles lol. The podcast from today seemed to indicate that announcements for the ports are coming soon ("not too far away") and it seems like all four games are for PS5 and Switch, so it's definitely possible.

If the next Direct is still a Partner Showcase, I'm going to laugh my ass off it it's 50% Microsoft titles lol. The podcast from today seemed to indicate that announcements for the ports are coming soon ("not too far away") and it seems like all four games are for PS5 and Switch, so it's definitely possible.
Honestly, thinking about it, it is kind of interesting that one didn't show up in the State of Play from a couple weeks ago... With the context now, it feels like that would've been an easy prediction to make haha

Honestly, thinking about it, it is kind of interesting that one didn't show up in the State of Play from a couple weeks ago... With the context now, it feels like that would've been an easy prediction to make haha
There's supposedly another State of Play in May. If one of the four titles isn't coming to Switch, I'd expect to see it there.

To some people insiders are considered criminals who spoil surprises for fame and personal gain, so I can understand why many criticize them to such an extent. I'm not okay with that and I like "cryptic" insiders; but I don't like insiders who leak every detail. For example, I love Pyoro.
So there you have it. Another user that only likes when someone is being right. If something dosen‘t go as planed, they make the effort to create an account on a forum to concern trolling about insiders. Funny that it wasn‘t a issue for you when they didn‘t have any backlash. Nate is cryptic too, but because there are no grey areas and something didn’t align with what he said, (mind you, no date mentioning and it‘s just about that a fucking Partner Direct could happen) you can either only worship or hate insiders.

Also People really lack Media Literacy:
- Someone building up a network, having sources, gathering information and make educated speculation out of it = Journalistic Work, spreading a Rumor and not necessairly leaks. Should be taken with a grain of salt.

- Switch Lite Shell form the production line, Capcom or Nvidia Data from a hack, Nintendo accidentally posting Bayonetta 3 and Kirby Forgotten Land too early, getting the full artbook ahead of release = Leaks. Most of the time taken out of context, but have some truth in it, because there is concrete evidence.

That what Pyoro is doing falls somewhere in between, but I‘d say given that they know exactly about certain games featured (Something Nate never could verify with absolute certainty), they likely have a concrete access. It falls more in the leak category.

Sorry if I am digging up this topic, it’s the last post I make about this whole "insider are always the issue" thing.

Just wanted to add to the insider discourse, if you dislike Sunshine you don‘t really deserve better./s
Just a joke, I really love it if insiders, like Nate, leak stuff, which contributes positive to the discussion.

What surprises me is that some people still think the next Direct is a Partner Showcase. For me, if there's one thing that's uncertain, it's the format of the next Direct.

In recent weeks, third parties have been unveiling their Switch games : Ace Combat 7, Ys X Nordics, Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and others.... And even assuming that the Direct has been delayed, there have been no leaks while we know that third parties aren't good at keeping announcements secret.

Next, Nintendo.... They need to give us some informations : Princess Peach Showtime, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, Paper Mario TTYD with new games to complete the schedule until summer?

It's crazy to rule out the possibility of a General or Mini Direct (which doesn't prevent third-party announcements).

I read your discussion on insiders. The real problem is people. They don't take a step back and put too much trust in insiders who can be wrong, especially at a time when Nintendo can be very unpredictable.

What surprises me is that some people still think the next Direct is a Partner Showcase. For me, if there's one thing that's uncertain, it's the format of the next Direct.

In recent weeks, third parties have been unveiling their Switch games : Ace Combat 7, Ys X Nordics, Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and others.... And even assuming that the Direct has been delayed, there have been no leaks while we know that third parties aren't good at keeping announcements secret.

Next, Nintendo.... They need to give us some informations : Princess Peach Showtime, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, Paper Mario TTYD with new games to complete the schedule until summer?

It's crazy to rule out the possibility of a General or Mini Direct (which doesn't prevent third-party announcements).

I read your discussion on insiders. The real problem is people. They don't take a step back and put too much trust in insiders who can be wrong, especially at a time when Nintendo can be very unpredictable.
It depends on the mindset I guess. I'm of the opinion that whatever it was got delayed because of the Xbox thing (probably because there's Microsoft announcements in it), so if it was it makes sense that Nate was also right about it being a Partner Showcase. The one thing that makes me think it was this week is Penny's Big Breakaway. There are review copies in the wild now, and it was rumored to be a shadowdrop.

It depends on the mindset I guess. I'm of the opinion that whatever it was got delayed because of the Xbox thing (probably because there's Microsoft announcements in it), so if it was it makes sense that Nate was also right about it being a Partner Showcase. The one thing that makes me think it was this week is Penny's Big Breakaway. There are review copies in the wild now, and it was rumored to be a shadowdrop.

What I don't understand.

There are announcements for third-party games in the General and Mini. Why does it have to be a Partner Showcase? :)

Just got out of work, anything interesting in the last day or so, or have we been joyfully talking in circles, as is tradition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom