• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from leaks, so far it's
  • Level 5 game
  • Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
  • Penny's Big Breakaway
  • Endless Ocean 1 and 2
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Ninja Five-O
  • Unicorn Overlord demo
  • Contra demo
How meaty was the June 2022 showcase? That'd be a good barometer for this one

EDIT: Ninja Five-O may not be at the Partner's Showcase so treat that one with an asterisk
Konami stuff won't be here as that all at IGN thing.

• Level 5 game
  • Penny's Big Breakaway
  • Endless Ocean 1 and 2
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Ninja Five-O
  • Unicorn Overlord demo
  • Contra demo

EDIT: Ninja Five-O may not be at the Partner's Showcase so treat that one with an asterisk
This is looking pretty solid tbh. I know “Partner Showcase” sounds like a swear word to some folks, but at the end of the day good games are good games.

Did @Brazil suggest that there was a reason he knew the next Direct was in April?

I wonder what games he knows about that must be coming soon… 👀

Blink twice for the HD Zeldas!

I'm happy for Monkey Ball fans as well but this is not looking like a direct for me, lol.

I guess I will go in to it only expecting a Penny's Big Breakaway release date and be happy with that. If that is soon, plus FFVII Rebirth and Unicorn Overlord releasing, I'll be busy playing actual games through til April anyways...

Monkey Ball too?!

on top of Endless Ocean?!!

giphy.gif

Super Monkey Ball and Pocket Card Jockey make this a winner for me.
I freaking love Pocket Card Jockey so much from the 3DS days

• Level 5 game
  • Penny's Big Breakaway
  • Endless Ocean 1 and 2
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Ninja Five-O
  • Unicorn Overlord demo
  • Contra demo

There were 28 games in the June 2022 showcase. This is including the sizzle reel and all three Persona games.

What information is coming about Ninja Five-O? Where is that coming from?

Edit - nevermind I see it's IGN for their Fan Fest.

I’m going to fucking cry

This is a dream come true

Hype levels maxed out

Monkey Ball is MY SERIES

My game immersion is ruined every time the notification pops for Switchum's login and I find him playing Banana Blitz. He has Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc. and here this guy is playing Banana Blitz in 2024.

Earthbound, more than any other Nintendo franchise, is kind of an auteur lead thing. Frankly I don't want anything done with the games without Itoi's direct involvement and I think on some level Nintendo feels the same. Not everything needs a remake.
Well I disagree. It needs a remake and hopefully it will get one. Such old outdated mechanics need improvement

I've always wanted to try Endless Ocean but just figured its one of those games I'd never try and re-visit so long as it was limited to the Wii. Looking forward to seeing whatever form this game takes.

My game immersion is ruined every time the notification pops for Switchum's login and I find him playing Banana Blitz. He has Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc. and here this guy is playing Banana Blitz in 2024.
I can’t help that I was born with impeccable taste in video games.

In fact you may have just inspired me to boot it back up…

Me before: “Sonic and Pennys big breakaway will be good, probably not much else to be excited about though”
Me now: “MONKEYYYYYYYYY BALLLLLL OHH OHH AH AH“

Ninja Five-O is apparently a banger and I’ve always wanted to try it so sign me up if that’s getting a rerelease.

I am praying that the Monkey Ball game is great and took some lessons from Banana Mania's shortcomings (even if I love Banana Mania, mainly on PC with mods).
I hope it's an actual original entry for the first time in 12 years, but I wouldn't entirely mind if it was an HD remaster of Banana Splitz cause that one's good, just not accessible, as it's Vita exclusive. At the very least, I hope Jam and Jet are playable in all modes using their Banana Splitz animations instead of sharing AiAi's like they did in Banana Mania for whatever reason.

Super excited to see the next one regardless, even if Monkey Ball is a historically very inconsistent series, it's still one of my favourites cause of how high those highs are.

Realizing Banana Blitz HD, Banana Mania, and now whatever the next Monkey Ball game have all leaked in some way. Sega, you should probably have a tighter lid on this series, but I am not complaining.

Well I disagree. It needs a remake and hopefully it will get one. Such old outdated mechanics need improvement
I think you could pretty much fix it mechanically with a romhack. It's just Dragon Quest but with terrible balancing. It's kind of bizarre no one has already tried, with how many hacks the game gets.

Final poll results. Thread will end at 6:30ish AM following the end of the Direct
Thanks everyone for voting in the final poll above. After seeing the results at ostensibly a tie, staff has decided we will be ending the thread as originally planned to give everyone a short break. After the Direct finishes airing (roughly 6:30 AM-ish), this thread will close. Speculating Nintendo in the meantime will continue in General Discussion and in the March thread the plans for the next speculation thread will be decided there with a rough goal for now to launch in mid March.

Personally speaking now. Excited to rejoin everyone for the last 13.5 hours of this thread! Excited to see the big show with y’all :)

if we want to square this circle into tradition we could say that because (for some reason) they haven't labelled it a mini it counts as a thread closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom