• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a new Monkey Ball, the trinity will finally be complete:

-Breath of the Wild sequel
-Thousand-Year Door remake
-Monkey Ball???

With the completion of the prophecy, I will ascend beyond my current form and reach new limits. I will finally become…

SWITCHUM PRO

unbelievable. You’d rather have healthy discussion than have no discussions at all
There's plenty of threads on this website to discuss plenty of things in. Nobody should base their persona on just one thread here when we have an infinite wealth of others! That would be like a dragon only hoarding gems instead of gems and gold!

I'm thinking the April Direct is 100% a Mini. It has to be, right? There's no way we get a Partner Showcase, an Indieworld, and a General Direct in the span of a month. April is just a weird month to have a Direct in general.
You’re forgetting the fact that we haven’t had a general since September, so by then it will have been 7 months which is ridiculously long and unprecedented time frame (not counting Covid)

Plus, all we know past Peach is two ports for the rest of the year

Thanks everyone for voting in the final poll above. After seeing the results at ostensibly a tie, staff has decided we will be ending the thread as originally planned to give everyone a short break. After the Direct finishes airing (roughly 6:30 AM-ish), this thread will close. Speculating Nintendo in the meantime will continue in General Discussion and in the March thread the plans for the next speculation thread will be decided there with a rough goal for now to launch in mid March.
We're actually a bit preoccupied in the General Discussion thread, but the Switch 2 thread is pretty free!

This is not serious, both are good options lol

You’re forgetting the fact that we haven’t had a general since September, so by then it will have been 7 months which is ridiculously long and unprecedented time frame (not counting Covid)

Plus, all we know past Peach is two ports for the rest of the year
I'd understand when it comes to first party, but what the heck would they show from third party devs and Indies? There's two third party events taking place a month and a half (or less) before the Direct.

We're actually a bit preoccupied in the General Discussion thread, but the Switch 2 thread is pretty free!

This is not serious, both are good options lol
We better slay the World Boss in General Discussion today to win the game before people come back haha.

I'm all good with that but can we name it ACT III Rebirth and so on for this year for every direct.
We’ll worry about who is running the next thread later…but uh early campaign promise, Act III would happen if I ran the thread again lol.

I should add, the process is historically people discuss who runs it in General Discussion and after there is consensus (lots of Yeah!s, support messages, etc.) that person then approaches Admin to run the thread since these threads are coordinated with staff.

So my final prediction in case I can't use the phone a lot today, in order of likely:
  • Pentiment;
  • Hi-Fi Rush;
  • Penny's Big Break away;
  • Super Manley Ball;
  • Endless Ocean;
  • Shin Megami Tensei V Vegeance
  • Decapolice;
  • Fantasy Life;
  • Nintendo Warriors something

We still don't know what the openers/closers are! Pyoro leaks are nice but none in that tier, more like mid-Direct announcements. If Hi-Fi Rush is there, could be one of them but so far nothing about it...

We still don't know what the openers/closers are! Pyoro leaks are nice but none in that tier, more like mid-Direct announcements. If Hi-Fi Rush is there, could be one of them but so far nothing about it...
I could see SMT V opening the show, given that Nintendo published it in PAL regions and it closed the first ever Partner Showcase. Got a prime spot in the 2021 E3 direct too.

Direct openers haven’t been particularly strong for a while now.

So my final prediction in case I can't use the phone a lot today, in order of likely:
  • Pentiment;
  • Hi-Fi Rush;
  • Penny's Big Break away;
  • Super Manley Ball;
  • Endless Ocean;
  • Shin Megami Tensei V Vegeance
  • Decapolice;
  • Fantasy Life;
  • Nintendo Warriors something
I'm not liking the lack of Dragon Quest III HD2D...

At the very least there's gotta be something from Square Enix

I could see SMT V opening the show, given that Nintendo published it in PAL regions and it closed the first ever Partner Showcase. Got a prime spot in the 2021 E3 direct too.

Direct openers haven’t been particularly strong for a while now.
It's basically the same game with extras, though. Does it warrant a big segment?

And closers are usually much bigger. In the last Partner Showcase we got 3 Persona games!

If Bandai Namco is involved in the partner showcase tommorow, what exactly would they reveal? maybe an anime game? or maybe a collection of games from one of their IPs?

Please give me a Tekken or SoulCalibur collection, I'd love that 🥺

It's basically the same game with extras, though. Does it warrant a big segment?

And closers are usually much bigger. In the last Partner Showcase we got 3 Persona games!
Recent direct openers have been DLC campaigns, and the previous partner showcase opened with an extended segment on Monster Hunter DLC releasing one day later. For a partner showcase, a definitive edition of a previously Nintendo published game wouldn’t be that much of a surprise.

I agree it won’t be the closer. But as an opener, i think it’s possible.

If Bandai Namco is involved in the partner showcase tommorow, what exactly would they reveal? maybe an anime game? or maybe a collection of games from one of their IPs?

They just dumped 3 Tales games on PS Plus recently. They might be gearing up for a new Tales remaster, possibly to be revealed at the Direct. Maybe something's never been localized before, Rebirth or Innocence.

We could get this new Digimon project too, that's also possible.

Hi-Fi Rush is an interesting situation. We've had two reliable people suggest that the Switch version might have been shelved; one of them making this claim back in early January, and the other saying that the decision to can it was done "several months ago". That said, Tom Warren's article from a week ago stated their sources pointed that it was Switch bound, and that's much more recent, so there's some conflicting reports.

My guess is that the game probably still exists simply because the Switch-branded shirt was found datamined in the recent anniversary update, but whether it shows up at the Partner is anyone's guess. Maybe it isn't ready to announce, or maybe it did run into dev issues at one point but they got a support studio to help out.

Not sure how Pac-Man World Re-Pac did, but I could see them doing World 2

Could really go for some kind of Ridge Racer myself though

Hi-Fi Rush is an interesting situation. We've had two reliable people suggest that the Switch version might have been shelved; one of them making this claim back in early January, and the other saying that the decision to can it was done "several months ago". That said, Tom Warren's article from a week ago stated their sources pointed that it was Switch bound, and that's much more recent, so there's some conflicting reports.

My guess is that the game probably still exists simply because the Switch-branded shirt was found datamined in the recent anniversary update, but whether it shows up at the Partner is anyone's guess. Maybe it isn't ready to announce, or maybe it did run into dev issues at one point but they got a support studio to help out.
Likeliest outcomes are either Tango gave the game to a port studio after failing to port themselves, or this is just a xCloud game. First one could be a delayed port, I don't think we would get HFR at the same time as PS5.

I don't think there would have been that much fallout if the damn hadn't burst entirely and flooded the zone with rumors of literally everything (Starfield/Indiana Jones/Gears) going multiplat and Xbox possibly leaving hardware entirely

If they had played it like they did with the Ori games, where they just announced out of nowhere that Hi-Fi or Pentiment (maybe both) were going to Switch, I think the vibe would have been generally positive and they could have carried that energy into a "glad you're excited, we're actually gonna do this with a few more games over the next year or so" announcement. But instead all the xbox stan twitter accounts started losing their shit real quick and Xbox had to ask Nintendo if they could call an audible and get out ahead of the announcement with their own messaging first
Honestly I think it was gonna explode one way or another. They already had the CFO last fall making the statement that their mission was to bring all their games to every screen to become a high margin business and Satya stating more recently that he has no loves for exclusives. Add to this some of Xbox's best exclusives of recent times going multiplatform without any real set up I think would have led to a blow up tomorrow or just more bad sentiment until they acknowledged it like they did.

Are we expecting a Twitter Direct this week again?
Meh, tomorrow will probably be enough for the week.

As for TTYD and Luigi's Mansion, they might get Twitter drops or if they're after April maybe we'll get a general in April like rumored and those will be covered there.

“Throughout history, shields have been shattered, swords have been broken, and yet none could match the sound of Rareware’s exploding heart when faced with the rejection of being a Partner.”
And yet still Rareware's shattered heart was patched back together. It needed to be whole so it might hold the hopes and dreams of many as the essence of the Direct, the nature of Partner itself was to be poured into it.

I am certain I won't be able to watch this when it goes live. You'll have to manage for the both of us.

This really justify the past week situation. It's ALL coming together.
It was either, “Nintendo please delay so we can save what’s left of our reputation and get the news out before you break it” or “Nintendo, we are going to get this news out now and then will let you announce the stuff in the partner if you delay it.” Probably the first but making way more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom