• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nintendo had a Partners direct now and Switch 2 was coming fall 2024. They had to delay the Switch 2 recently. It makes me think of the plan was to have Switch 2 in 2025 originally we would’ve gotten a general direct now. But it’s too late and they can’t change the partners direct.
Honestly, this is an interesting perspective that, again, we probably won't know if it was this actually! While I personally think maybe the internal delay was known by Nintendo for a couple of months and that maybe doing a Partner Showcase and a Mini/General next month was always in the cards, I can totally see a world where maybe the internal push of the console to some point in 2025 did change plans a little to the point where maybe they had games planned for earlier in the year that they've not pushed to later in the year and move something up, or something like that!!

What is a typical Endless Ocean gameplay loop like?

They are both primarily about solving a mystery as you explore different locations.

EO1 is fairly linear. You pick a spot to dive, explore and find new fish, try to find new locations, and get some lore. Pretty relaxing.

EO2 has a more involved story, that takes you to different places around the world. The Aegean Sea, Canada, a South American River, etc. There’s extra stuff to do like salvage treasure for money and try to find legendary creatures.

EO2 has more in the way of “traditional” gameplay, I would say.

Xbox One is around 1.23 TFLOP, while the Switch is around 1 TFLOP. Xbox One is better, but not by a ton (and especially not six times wtf).
Dark Souls Remastered, Cuphead were also Xbox One games that since has gotten Switch treatment and those games run flawlessly on Switch. Zero slowdown. (yes I own all those, as well as Ori games)

So yes I agree, it seems Switch can handle Xbox One games just fine.

They are both primarily about solving a mystery as you explore different locations.

EO1 is fairly linear. You pick a spot to dive, explore and find new fish, try to find new locations, and get some lore. Pretty relaxing.

EO2 has a more involved story, that takes you to different places around the world. The Aegean Sea, Canada, a South American River, etc. There’s extra stuff to do like salvage treasure for money and try to find legendary creatures.

EO2 has more in the way of “traditional” gameplay, I would say.

EO1 also made no sense. Like you would find a polar bear or walrus on your boat which doesn't make any sense for a game set in the SOUTH PACIFIC

EO1 also made no sense. Like you would find a polar bear or walrus on your boat which doesn't make any sense for a game set in the SOUTH PACIFIC
I liked what they tried to do with some animals being “seasonal” to the region but like… yeah it was all just clearly so they could get some recognizable animals to show up at the cost of some realism LOL

I loved the feeling of walking over on the boat and seeing I had a BIG visitor like a walrus though. Fun stuff.

Poyoro is going to tweet out an image of a stylized W on a yellow golf flag and I'm going to lose my shit.
thanks for the Side Order reminder (your avatar), I need to order the DLC. Cannot believe it'll come out in only 3 days, cannot wait

Holy shit Endless Ocean is coming back?? That's it, the rest of Nintendo's 2024 could be dogshit and I wouldn't care

I think it's still speculation at this point - the clues were: dolphins, "is nintendo a partner". We're starting to think it's EO because someone found renewed trademarks for EO that happened around the same time as Another Code, so now of course ppl think it is probably EO.

Why do people absolutely wanted a general direct ? If they don't have anything interesting or new to show in first party games, I don't see the point exccepted fans saying "If you don't have anything to show, just do a mini instead of a bad regular Direct". If they had something to show, they would just do a Direct. Personally, at this point of the Switch lifespan, I don't mind no more regular Direct since we'll probably get more news about Switch 2 between may and october.

thanks for the Side Order reminder (your avatar), I need to order the DLC. Cannot believe it'll come out in only 3 days, cannot wait

I think it's still speculation at this point - the clues were: dolphins, "is nintendo a partner". We're starting to think it's EO because someone found renewed trademarks for EO that happened around the same time as Another Code, so now of course ppl think it is probably EO.
I saw a post saying a reputable Chinese insider confirmed it was EO

Xbox One is around 1.23 TFLOP, while the Switch is around 1 TFLOP. Xbox One is better, but not by a ton (and especially not six times wtf).
That is not quite true, the way the flops are counted on switch is different, if you are equating it the same, in docked mode. The switch is at 0.393 flops, Xbox one is around 3, so yes there is quite a difference.

Why do people absolutely wanted a general direct ? If they don't have anything interesting or new to show in first party games, I don't see the point exccepted fans saying "If you don't have anything to show, just do a mini instead of a bad regular Direct". If they had something to show, they would just do a Direct. Personally, at this point of the Switch lifespan, I don't mind no more regular Direct since we'll probably get more news about Switch 2 between may and october.

I'm not even excited for a general direct, it's just gonna tie some loose ends up, Paper Mario TTYD release date, the rest is also gonna be remakes and maybe the Wii U Zelda ports.

As someone who's second-ever post on this forum was hoping for an Endless Ocean sequel or remake.

If this is actually Endless Ocean, I will instantly die.

Yeah, they absolutely gonna announce another, more expensive NSO tier for Gamecube, while rumors of the delay of their next system runs wild through the internet and while currently not having announced and/or dated games after Paper Mario.
This is something Nintendo would do, actually

Yeah, HFR on Siwtch seems to be in a weird state of limbo at the moment. The two people that teased it going multiplatform to begin with also said:

b87932fd0314d2aa9199c0a6c67e73cb.png

That Wario avatar is certainly something.

It's a bit tiring to read this message.

Switch isn't dead. Better, given the latest Switch 2 rumors, it will live another full year, alone. We're sure Nintendo has more games :

• Luigi's Mansion 2 HD: new video, information and release date
  • Paper Mario TTYD: new video, information and release date
  • Metroid Prime 4: in development and promised for Switch, new information

Also:

• Fire Emblem 4 Remake: according to Nate, the game is finished, just wait until Nintendo announces it
  • Metroid Prime 2+3: I don't know how credible this rumor is, but it comes up quite often.

In short, there are games, enough to make a General or Mini Direct :)

There are those that have committed a great Sin and we must deliver their Punishment, so that this direct will be a Star that will hold us over till the Successor comes out.

This is not a leak or rumor. I just want to play that game again lol

It's always funny and honestly pretty wholesome when some fairly niche franchise is rumored and a bunch of people start getting excited in here

Happy for y'all even though I have only the vaguest idea what an Endless Ocean is

I absolutely love Endless Ocean but it would be kinda dissapointing now given the originals were a showcase of Wii's technical capabilities. I'd have prefered it later on new hardware.

But if It happens I'll be happy regardless, deserves much more love than it's currently getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom