• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't super related to the conversation but how would everyone feel if there was a new Rhythm Heaven game this year? It seems like it's been a series that has traditionally shown up in the later parts of the console's it releases on (2009 for the DS, 2011/12 for the Wii, and 2016 for the 3DS)! I think it would be a cool series to get a new entry in and not a series that seems like it's big enough for Nintendo to hold off on releasing to have it in the launch year of the next console! :D

I know this isn't super related to the conversation but how would everyone feel if there was a new Rhythm Heaven game this year? It seems like it's been a series that has traditionally shown up in the later parts of the console's it releases on (2009 for the DS, 2011/12 for the Wii, and 2016 for the 3DS)! I think it would be a cool series to get a new entry in and not a series that seems like it's big enough for Nintendo to hold off on releasing to have it in the launch year of the next console! :D
I feel like Rhythm Heaven has a great shot at happening this year or next. It’s not very graphically intense at all and so many other series have had their shot on Switch already so this is probably one of them in consideration.

Nintendo needs to give people enough time to miss Fire Emblem, a yearly entry for a niche (as of now though it showed some signs before of breaking out) SRPG with length of 50 hours seems like it could burn people out on the brand while not helping the Switch much at all. Even if it is finished, I doubt Nintendo would want to release it until like mid 2025 at the earliest so I don't understand why IS would finish it so far ahead of time.
Eh, FE clocks in at more like 25 hours for me. Usually only about 22-25 main battle maps plus cut scenes and upkeep/unit development (which admittedly Three Houses expands to the nth degree).

They have also done a whole Direct based around 4 (!) Fire Emblem games back when Shadows of Valentia, FE Heroes, FE Warriors and the first teaser for Three Houses were all shown off together. Having a game turn up ~18 months after the last one is nothing, FE has been all over the place in terms of brand visability this gen, and on top of that, Heroes (which has the characters from FE4 in it alongside all the others) is incredibly popular, makes stupid amounts of money and has series fans playing it daily. I’m not a fan of gacha crap but any review of what FE content fans want, and whether they need more than 18 months to forget and miss a 25-hour SRPG campaign, probably needs to take into account that the mobile game has outsold the rest of the series combined, incentivises daily engagement and is heavily rooted in nostalgia and monetising the whole series. The FE fans aren’t just the people who only play ‘main’ games at this point.

They've literally got plenty of FE fans paying for a daily dose of brand marketing in their pocket that they want to exploit. These fans have been primed for more FE content featuring older characters that have now been promoted to people who never played the originals (through Heroes and Engage) for a relatively long time, which is likely why FE 4’s Sigurd had such a prominent role as a major legendary hero amongst the Ring Enblems in Engage.

The idea that the series should be only spaced-out niche SRPGs ignores how they’ve positioned the brand across platforms, and how ludicrously successful and popular Heroes is as a tie-in marketing tool.

Last edited:
Ideally I'll take both - give me a lot of the map variety and combat improvements that Engage had, but also in a game that has the kind of unit upgrade paths/customization and Monastery-type time management/calendar system and more engaging characters and plot of Three Houses. It'd be perfect.

I just hope that when they try they keep it to no more than 2 routes

Maybe someone can tell me if I hallucinated this. Wasn't Bandai Namco hiring for a Nintendo 3D action remake with a "deformed artstyle" a while back? I remember someone saying that it pointed to a specific game, but I can't remember what game it was.
Seems like Bandai Namco studios that Nintendo invested to develop Switch and Swirch 2 games are working at full capacity.

Not really related to the Partner Direct, but with the Switch 2 still being a year or so out, I kinda get the feeling there may be another Mario spinoff platformer in the works for Switch 1 (aside from Peach Showtime, where platforming seems to be taking a back seat).

I think basically everyone agrees that Donkey Kong will likely be saved for a Switch 2 push, but that's not the only one Nintendo has in their pocket.
Wario Land for example, has not gotten an entry in over 15 years. Shake It performed worse than Smooth Moves, but I think the series going on the backburner like that was more a case of getting way more budget than was needed because of it's gorgeous 2D animation. They've brought back series who's most recent entries have sold much worse than Shake It. With WarioWare's sales currently being pretty low for a Mario spinoff on Switch, with Get It Together currently only outselling the Mario & Sonic Olympics game for the Olympics that did not happen, and Move It not being listed as a million seller, I think it may be time for Nintendo to try something more traditional with Wario again.

It's also been longer between Yoshi's Woolly World and Crafted World than Crafted World and now. Sure, Good-Feel has been busy working on Mameda no Bakeru, but Yoshi has been thrown around to a bunch of devs, and I don't necessarily think they'd be required to make the next one. The Yoshi's Island references in Wonder make me feel like Nintendo is definitely still looking at the series. Maybe Woolly World will get a Switch port with the 3DS content and more like Hyrule Warriors did.

Weekly Questions Week 8
We had a wild week this past week with no Direct and the news of a potential internal delay of the Switch 2 not to mention big news from both Sony and Microsoft regarding the future of their platforms. It seems this coming week is indeed our week for the next Direct so we’ll see what comes of it provided it happens. With us a bit more calm and cozy again, I’d like to resume the Weekly Questions and present our Week 8 question.

Week 8 - If the internal delay of Switch 2 is indeed real, what does the near future through the end of June look like for Nintendo in regards to both games and marketing events?

This has to an extent, been one of the big questions of the thread, but with the context so different now than expected. I felt like now was a good time to ask everyone directly. I think marketing events are going to be a little unusual compared to past years due to reshuffling. Plans that were in place now all have to get readjusted. I’m thinking:

This coming week - Partner Showcase + One First Party game inside. A double feature of some sort is happening and I’m leaning towards it being Paper Mario because that’s the next big game after Peach.

The following week - Pokemon show - new spinoff and the big remakes announced

Early April - Short General Direct

My thinking here for the games we are getting is April gets Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, May gets Fire Emblem 4, and June gets Luigi’s Mansion 2 (plus one potentially). Marketing shake up aside, this is essentially my predictions I’ve been making through the thread for the most part and I think they’ll stick with it because I think Nintendo is going to pull in some banked remasters/remakes that were going to be saved for the cross gen period (which still will be a thing next year to be clear) to help cover the gaps later in the year (so beyond June). I always thought they’d save Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for next year in particular, but with the Switch 2 internally delayed this is that “break the glass in case of emergency” moment that it makes sense to have.

Anyway those are my thoughts, curious to hear what y’all think :)

I just hope that when they try they keep it to no more than 2 routes
I agree. I much preferred the way Sacred Stones did it (or Front Mission 3 for something similar) where it’s two dedicated and largely different campaigns that rewards a second playthrough. Three Houses has the first 12 missions be the same regardless of which class you choose, which makes the early game a bit boring to replay. Fates was incredibly cynical in making you pay full price for each campaign.

I also liked the way Radiant Dawn showed off a fantasy continent at war, where you spend a handful of chapters seeing the viewpoint of various smaller factions before they all combine for act 3.

Last edited:
We had a wild week this past week with no Direct and the news of a potential internal delay of the Switch 2 not to mention big news from both Sony and Microsoft regarding the future of their platforms. It seems this coming week is indeed our week for the next Direct so we’ll see what comes of it provided it happens. With us a bit more calm and cozy again, I’d like to resume the Weekly Questions and present our Week 8 question.

Week 8 - If the internal delay of Switch 2 is indeed real, what does the near future through the end of June look like for Nintendo in regards to both games and marketing events?

This has to an extent, been one of the big questions of the thread, but with the context so different now than expected. I felt like now was a good time to ask everyone directly. I think marketing events are going to be a little unusual compared to past years due to reshuffling. Plans that were in place now all have to get readjusted. I’m thinking:

This coming week - Partner Showcase + One First Party game inside. A double feature of some sort is happening and I’m leaning towards it being Paper Mario because that’s the next big game after Peach.

My thinking here for the games we are getting is April gets Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, May gets Fire Emblem 4, and June gets Luigi’s Mansion 2 (plus one potentially). Marketing shake up aside, this is essentially my predictions I’ve been making through the thread for the most part and I think they’ll stick with it because I think Nintendo is going to pull in some banked remasters/remakes that were going to be saved for the cross gen period (which still will be a thing next year to be clear) to help cover the gaps later in the year (so beyond June). I always thought they’d save Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for next year in particular, but with the Switch 2 internally delayed this is that “break the glass in case of emergency” moment that it makes sense to have.

hypothetical (warning: not confirmed) scenario: metroid prime 4, fe4 remake, metroid prime 2 + 3 remastered, zelda twilight princess

I’d be over the moon if all of those released by the end of June haha.
i'd be like kirby's expression:
Kirbys-Dream-Buffet.jpg

Was really hoping for a Mini at the very least just for also getting updates/roadmaps for NSO N64, GBA and F-Zero 99 but at this rate maybe they'll just end up being shadow or twitter drops 🤷

Still gotta get at least F-Zero GBA released first, whenever that happens between now and April 🤔

Honestly, the idea of what Nintendo will do over the next couple of months is one that I feel like we all have been thinking about even before the reports from this past week, but, as you mention, is now happening in a much more different context than the discussion about Nintendo's plan was just two weeks ago.

For me, looking at the next couple of months, I think in the very near future, it does depend on how long ago the console was actually internally delayed. If it was a decision that was made at the end of 2023, for example and, just over the last couple weeks, has been communicated to their partners, I feel like they would have had enough time to adjust now and build up their plans for the year. However, if it was something that came about just a few weeks ago, where Nintendo decided on it and almost immediately communicated with their partners, I think they could still be figuring out what this year will look like. For my predictions, I do think I will base it off of the first context where they knew about this for about two or three months,

I do feel like the Partner Showcase will stay very similar to the other ones we have seen in the past, where it is games that Nintendo is not publishing in at least one region of the world. I think we could see a game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games that Nintendo publishes in some areas and Sega does it elsewhere but I do think that would be the extent of "first-party" software we could see in the showcase. I just feel like this showcase likely was solidified around October of last year and, so, there is probably a lot of marketing deals that are associated with it that it just needs to happen now (especially if it was delayed from last week with the possibility of having Microsoft games) and so the contents of it have been locked for a while. I do think outside of it, though, we do get first-party news in the form of a Luigi's Mansion 2 HD release date reveal (April 2024) and that carries us through the week! I do like your idea of the Partner Showcase having a "One more thing" that is from Nintendo! After this, I do agree with you on the Pokémon Presents, which likely details the major Holiday Switch game in the form of something related to Generation 5! :D

I do think after this is where everything is up in the air. I do have to assume if Nintendo knew this was going to happen, they have been preparing a Direct with first-party content since then to detail what the Switch lineup looks like. Before these reports came out, I kind of felt like there would have been a normal Mini in April, following the first look at the console. However, since I feel like the most likely thing we will get now is a press release, I do feel like they could move that Mini up to the end of March, similar to 2020 where the Mini followed Animal Crossing: New Horizons fairly closely. I do think this could be a somewhat larger showcase for Mini standards, where it details much of April-July, with the reveal of Fire Emblem 4 Remake for May/July, the overview trailer for Luigi's Mansion 2, the reveal of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD port for April, and then an "August" release month for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I think previous to the reports, I thought this Mini would most all of this but it would have dated Paper Mario for July, Fire Emblem in May or July for sure, and no Wind Waker at all.

I think April will be pretty quiet following this, just with the two games releasing. I do think May is where my thoughts do differ dramatically from pre-reports, I do think we get a full-ish General Direct in May with much of this year's remaining lineup. I think here is where we would get confirmation of Metroid Prime 4 releasing later this year, with a date for a collection for Metroid Prime 2+3 in June and another major game around the holiday (I was thinking Donkey Kong but it could be something smaller). I also think we see Mario Party here for later this year. I, finally, think a GameCube Shadow Drop happens here too (F-Zero GX?)! I think from this point forward, the year would carry on with these releases and we do get another General in September for the final push for the Switch before the marketing push for next generation starts!

I apologize for the really long message here! I know it is probably harder to read messages that do have a lot of parts so I am really apologetic about this. This has been something that has really interested me recently so I have spent some time thinking about it while also doing other things and so I am glad this is this week's question as I feel like this is a good avenue to get some of this out! I also really like the discussion that does with things like this! :D

Last edited:
If Nintendo are still proceeding with the rumoured Partner Showcase, and if the additional rumours of Switch 2 coming in 2025 are accurate, then I think they'll wait a couple of months - certainly until after Princess Peach's Showtime releases - and then do a Spring Mini Direct which outlines their first party offerings for 2024. After that, they'll go radio silent on the direct front until after the Switch 2 is officially revealed, with a big winter direct to outline the games coming in 2025 once it has launched.

Feel like it's going to be a lean year not just on the game front, but on the Direct speculation front too

Honestly, the idea of what Nintendo will do over the next couple of months is one that I feel like we all have been thinking about even before the reports from this past week, but, as you mention, is now happening in a much more different context than the discussion about Nintendo's plan was just two weeks ago.

For me, looking at the next couple of months, I think in the very near future, it does depend on how long ago the console was actually internally delayed. If it was a decision that was made at the end of 2023, for example and, just over the last couple weeks, has been communicated to their partners, I feel like they would have had enough time to adjust now and build up their plans for the year. However, if it was something that came about just a few weeks ago, where Nintendo decided on it and almost immediately communicated with their partners, I think they could still be figuring out what this year will look like. For my predictions, I do think I will base it off of the first context where they knew about this for about two or three months,

I do feel like the Partner Showcase will stay very similar to the other ones we have seen in the past, where it is games that Nintendo is not publishing in at least one region of the world. I think we could see a game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games that Nintendo publishes in some areas and Sega does it elsewhere but I do think that would be the extent of "first-party" software we could see in the showcase. I just feel like this showcase likely was solidified around October of last year and, so, there is probably a lot of marketing deals that are associated with it that it just needs to happen now (especially if it was delayed from last week with the possibility of having Microsoft games) and so the contents of it have been locked for a while. I do think outside of it, though, we do get first-party news in the form of a Luigi's Mansion 2 HD release date reveal (April 2024) and that carries us through the week! I do like your idea of the Partner Showcase having a "One more thing" that is from Nintendo! After this, I do agree with you on the Pokémon Presents, which likely details the major Holiday Switch game in the form of something related to Generation 5! :D

I do think after this is where everything is up in the air. I do have to assume if Nintendo knew this was going to happen, they have been preparing a Direct with first-party content since then to detail what the Switch lineup looks like. Before these reports came out, I kind of felt like there would have been a normal Mini in April, following the first look at the console. However, since I feel like the most likely thing we will get now is a press release, I do feel like they could move that Mini up to the end of March, similar to 2020 where the Mini followed Animal Crossing: New Horizons fairly closely. I do think this could be a somewhat larger showcase for Mini standards, where it details much of April-July, with the reveal of Fire Emblem 4 Remake for May/July, the overview trailer for Luigi's Mansion 2, the reveal of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD port for April, and then an "August" release month for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I think previous to the reports, I thought this Mini would most all of this but it would have dated Paper Mario for July, Fire Emblem in May or July for sure, and no Wind Waker at all.

I think April will be pretty quiet following this, just with the two games releasing. I do think May is where my thoughts do differ dramatically from pre-reports, I do think we get a full-ish General Direct in May with much of this year's remaining lineup. I think here is where we would get confirmation of Metroid Prime 4 releasing later this year, with a date for a collection for Metroid Prime 2+3 in June and another major game around the holiday (I was thinking Donkey Kong but it could be something smaller). I also think we see Mario Party here for later this year. I, finally, think a GameCube Shadow Drop happens here too (F-Zero GX?)! I think from this point forward, the year would carry on with these releases and we do get another General in September for the final push for the Switch before the marketing push for next generation starts!

I apologize for the really long message here! I know it is probably harder to read messages that do have a lot of parts so I am really apologetic about this. This has been something that has really interested me recently so I have spent some time thinking about it while also doing other things and so I am glad this is this week's question as I feel like this is a good avenue to get some of this out! I also really like the discussion that does with things like this! :D
Oh definitely don’t apologize for a long post! I love the passion and enjoyed reading it :)

Can’t respond to all of it, but I agree a Mario and Sonic is a great fit for a Partner Showcase. Along those lines, I’d really love if another Mario themed Fortune Street were to happen, though I always feel that makes more sense for a Holiday release so my hopes are low right now haha.

I’m really curious where Metroid Prime 2 and potentially + 3 fits if they are real. My thoughts have shifted on Prime 4 that it is likely the holiday game now, so that doesn’t leave too much room for them, but Prime Remastered was a shadowdrop so maybe that will happen again in the near future? Would love to have them all on my Switch.

Hey Fami, I was busy for a few days, was there anything exciting in the Partner Direct-

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

burning-office-spongebob.gif

I'll check back next month...
lol some people can be effected by rumors easily, no matter March reveal or delay one. Nintendo have not announced anything yet. Read rumors for fun, stay calm.

Last edited:
Honestly I’ll be sounding like a (very) broken record by now, but it is only really the HD GC Zeldas that I ‘need’ on the switch. The rest of the library I’m fairly happy with, with those being the only glaring omissions.

I really hope they both come together, and ASAP.

the support link mechanics 🤩
With the way some conversations play out here it’s more surprising they even make it to C support :ROFLMAO: (what with some C supports basically ending on ‘I hate you’)

On the matter of the impact of the successor delay - this depends moreso on what Nintendo does or doesn’t do come March to me; an absence of dates currently for TTYD and LM2 makes me feel like we should hear about them no later than PPS release give or take a few weeks (whether Twitter or proper direct)

So if we are to get a Partner Showcase this week, what day are we thinking it’ll be?
I think it’s either Tuesday shadowdrop or announced Tuesday and airs Wednesday. Monday is a US holiday and Thursday is Side Order.

Wouldn't a 'delay' also mean a drought for content? Whatever was planned for holiday has been moved back. They won't be able to magically fill in the gaps.

Yes. However, knowing Nintendo, I'm fairly confident they have some reserved software for this situation. Note that I don't think that the aforementioned software can be considered "big"

Wouldn't a 'delay' also mean a drought for content? Whatever was planned for holiday has been moved back. They won't be able to magically fill in the gaps.
It really depends. We've seen Nintendo hold onto games that were finished for substantial amounts of time. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a dozen things they can fire out to fill the gap, but if we're looking at a 4 to 5 month delay, I wouldn't assume that's going to turn out to be a disaster and a complete dearth of content. They do seem to have learnt from the Wii U era and have more flexibility in their content pipeline than they used to.

Edit - phone shifted and I hit reply too soon. We've seen major EPD titles get pushed back without any real effect on their software line up - the Zelda and Animal Crossing delays spring to mind. A console is more complex, sure, but my assumption is the delay is less about day one titles and more about ensuring that year one titles are arriving at a steady clip.

For Switch, I'd always assumed Pokemon would be here late 2024 regardless of a successor machine. I think we'll also see more obvious filler content, like further Hagi ports and Nintendo Selects finally appearing.

For what is worth @Brazil said this a couple of days ago regarding the Switch in 2024
Cross-posting from Era, but -

I guess I should mention that, despite my not at all comprehensive knowledge of Nintendo's line-up for the year, I'm already kinda excited for what I know is coming out before next year. I understand the doomposting, but eh.
and when asked if he meant new games or remasters, he replied "a bit of both". So yeah, because of the delay it won't be first party bonanza for Nintendo, but it shouldn't be a Wii U-like drought either.

For what is worth @Brazil said this a couple of days ago regarding the Switch in 2024

and when asked if he meant new games or remasters, he replied "a bit of both". So yeah, because of the delay it won't be first party bonanza for Nintendo, but it shouldn't be a Wii U-like drought either.

Counting only what we already have this year and what it's already announced to come, that's is more than two full years of wii u releases 😁.

This delay does raise a problem for Nintendo. At the end of the day when Sony doesn't have any games they can money hat some big projects to fill the calendar. For Nintendo they might be able to swing that for smaller indie titles here and there but passed that no one is really making some big marquee game for Switch. They target the more powerful hardware and maybe have a crummy Switch port if they can manage.

Nintendo kind of has to fill the gap themselves.

With the way some conversations play out here it’s more surprising they even make it to C support :ROFLMAO: (what with some C supports basically ending on ‘I hate you’)
😂
On the matter of the impact of the successor delay - this depends moreso on what Nintendo does or doesn’t do come March to me; an absence of dates currently for TTYD and LM2 makes me feel like we should hear about them no later than PPS release give or take a few weeks (whether Twitter or proper direct)
i'm on a "wait and see" mode atm. the waiting game is what i'm the expert on 😁

Oh definitely don’t apologize for a long post! I love the passion and enjoyed reading it :)

Can’t respond to all of it, but I agree a Mario and Sonic is a great fit for a Partner Showcase. Along those lines, I’d really love if another Mario themed Fortune Street were to happen, though I always feel that makes more sense for a Holiday release so my hopes are low right now haha.

I’m really curious where Metroid Prime 2 and potentially + 3 fits if they are real. My thoughts have shifted on Prime 4 that it is likely the holiday game now, so that doesn’t leave too much room for them, but Prime Remastered was a shadowdrop so maybe that will happen again in the near future? Would love to have them all on my Switch.
That's what I also thought about with Prime 4! I do feel like it'll be holiday this year and then have "Plays better on..." label for the next console, but I do feel like if that's the case, Prime 2+3 also need to release before it! That's why I did the combo pack... I do think it's like something they can do quickly if they need it like Prime 1 Remastered where they don't need a lot of marketing leading up to it or anything. In the hypothetical I proposed, I feel like 2+3 would be shown followed by 4 to show why someone needs to play 2+3 (and maybe even mentioned Prime Remastered at the same time) and say "you can play the entire Metroid Prime saga now on Switch before the next entry releases!" or something along those lines! :)

I really hope we don't need to wait too long after the partner direct for more news on what's coming this year. Going from expecting Switch 2 info in March to not knowing when we'll get info now has been so weird.

I really hope we don't need to wait too long after the partner direct for more news on what's coming this year. Going from expecting Switch 2 info in March to not knowing when we'll get info now has been so weird.

Same. March? April? June just seems like too far away for more info.

For software, I'll just copy what I had for the "predict Nintendo's 2024" thread

I've definitely seen people panicking and expecting Nintendo to have "nothing" this year, but I don't think it'll be quite that dire; probably gonna be a "yep, that's the last year of a console all right" year that leans heavy on rereleases, but not necessarily a barren one. I think a lot of the finer details are gonna come down to whether Nintendo's priorities lean more towards "Switch 2 is delayed, so planned cross-gen games now launch as Switch 1 games with upgrades/next-gen patches just coming later" or "since the delay is because of software concerns, that means cross-gen games will also get moved back to keep the launch window lineup as strong as possible"

There are some solid possibilities that I could still see coming out this year

• Mario Party: there was a 3 year gap between Super Mario Party and Mario Party Superstars, and this October will mark 3 years since Superstars
  • Grezzo and Camelot have both been quiet for a while and I don't know if whatever they've each been working on would necessarily fall into "this needs to be next-gen" territory. Could get something unexpected from one of them, like how Ever Oasis was a late 3DS game
  • final dregs of the WiiU (Windwaker/Twilight Princess, maybe Wooly World or NES Remix, probably still not Xenoblade X though)
  • definitely a Pokemon RPG of some kind; torn between Gen 2 Let's Go remakes, Gen 5 remakes, or a Legends-style game
  • Pokemon spin-off? (Mystery Dungeon DX was announced and released in about 3 months)
  • Something from HAL. Most likely either a Kirby spin-off or some other kind of eshop game (i.e. Boxboy, Part-Time UFO)
  • FE4 remake's supposedly been finished for Switch ages ago
  • Mario Baseball to round out the Mario sports catalog on Switch?
  • Prime 2/3, maaaybe Prime 4 (I'm not totally sold on the idea it needs to be a Switch 2 launch title personally; I think it makes more sense as the Switch's TLOU Part 2 rather than Switch 2's BotW, if that makes sense)
  • one of either Tomodachi Life or Rhythm Heaven feels possible; neither exactly screams "this needs the power of next-gen to happen"
  • Hagi ports (DCK Returns feels like the most obvious candidate there; could also see Luigi's Mansion or F-Zero GX happening)
  • whatever remaster Bandai-Namco was hiring for
  • swinging for the fences here: they could finally hit the "in case of emergency, localize Mother 3" button
  • DLC for Pikmin 4 and/or Mario Wonder (both Pikmin 3 and NSBU had paid DLC on the WiiU)

Obviously not expecting all of that to happen, but even just a couple of those plus what we've already got confirmed would (imo) make for a pretty decent lineup for a console in its 8th (and please let it be the final) year

Right now my guess at the lineup would be TTYD for April, something HAL in May, Luigi's Mansion 2 in June, Bamco remaster and Hagi port in July, FE4 remake in August, WW and/or TP in September, Prime 4 and Mario Party in October, Pokemon in November, Tomodachi Life or Rhythm Heaven in December

For presentations, right now I'm thinking

• Feb: partner this week and Pokemon Presents next week, Pokemon RPG announced for November
  • March: TTYD gets dated on twitter for April, soft confirmation of Switch 2 coming early next year
  • April or May: mini that announces or shadowdrops a HAL eshop game, dates Luigi's Mansion 2 HD for June, announces/dates Bamco remaster for July, FE4 remake gets announced/dated for August
  • July: General direct solely focused on Switch 1 games. Shadowdrops a Hagi port (I'm leaning towards DKC Returns), Windwaker and/or Twilight Princess announced for September, announces Prime 4 and Mario Party for October, Tomodachi Life or Rhythm Heaven announced for December
  • September or October: Switch 2 trailer that teases some next-gen games and gives a release month, bare-bones press-release confirming things like screen size, storage capacity, storage expandability, and crucially full backwards compatibility (specific 2024 games will also get namedropped as getting next-gen patchs/upgrades in 2025)
  • December or January: Switch 2 presentation
  • Feb/March/April: Switch 2 launch
e: lol my eyes completely skipped over the "near future through the end of June" part of the question, sorry

I said it before and I'll say it again, they are sitting on the Fire Emblem 4 remake because they are also remaking 5 and 6 and putting them in one package, finally bringing all three games to the West.

What do you all think the rumored Metroid marketing campaign in May would be about if that were happening? Metroid Prime 2 and 3 Remastered?
eh I don't but much stock into Grubb rumors with dates to them (his poor hair) especially once he's not that confident about it, even if I do think we get at least Prime 2 remastered this year

What do you all think the rumored Metroid marketing campaign in May would be about if that were happening? Metroid Prime 2 and 3 Remastered?
If it were happening, I would guess Metroid Prime 2/3 releasing over the summer, and finally showing Prime 4 with a fall release date.

Unless I missed something, Jeff Grubb said that info was pretty old, so I'm trying not to place too much hope in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom