• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really bummed about the Partner showcase news, particularly because I just really want FE4 remake :(

What can the Partner showcase do to make up for this? Hmm, I'll take:
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong, of course
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D remake release date
  • Decapolice release date
  • Triangle Strategy 2 announcement
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV and Apocalypse ports
Consider it forgiven if that happens.

If it leads to more credence we getting the Switch 2 revealed in the next month, then bring on all the Partners showcase goodness

15 pages? Yeah, I ain't reading that shit, time for some Fir Embum
Cg_fe09_fe06_fir.png

Call me on copium, but I still don’t buy the whole partner direct thing. We could still get a mini detailing Paper Mario, FE4, and Luigi’s mansion 2. Plus we currently only have 1 game planned for the expansion pass, we need an updated roadmap. Combine all this with trailers for Splatoon, peach, and a potential remaster, and you have a solid little mini

If the brand ambassadors should fail in their missions, there will be no choice but to send in the brand troops
The conscription will begin with all members with an ODD account number. You will be provided 1000 FamiCoins per day as compensation. All switch 2 units and games must be returned as they are property of FamiBoards, LLC. All admin and moderator staff are exempt from the draft but will be given the excess consoles and games.

The conscription will begin with all members with an ODD account number. You will be provided 1000 FamiCoins per day as compensation. All switch 2 units and games must be returned as they are property of FamiBoards, LLC. All admin and moderator staff are exempt from the draft but will be given the excess consoles and games.
famidictatorship!?

Zippo is a banned source on Famiboards and should not be linked or discussed here. Please see the Banned Content List in R&D for more information. - meatbag, Barely Able, xghost777
PapaGenos apparently heard from Zippo in January that it may be a partner direct

Mod edit - tweet from banned source removed

It would be funny if Zippo was the ultimate source for this rumor

My grandfather served in the Famicom Wars and my father in the Advance Wars. I too will answer the Call of Duty. Tell my Famiwife I lover her.

PapaGenos apparently heard from Zippo in January that it may be a partner direct

Mod edit - tweet from banned source removed

It would be funny if Zippo was the ultimate source for this rumor
First of all, just fyi that guy's content was recently added to the Banned Content List

Second of all, nice to see a General Direct is now confirmed.

Thinking about it now did they miss a opportunity not having a trailer ready for supper bowl Sunday?

I had a quick question about expectations related to the Switch 2 reveal:

If the rumored Direct next week is a Partner Showcase, is the expectation that the console reveal will be bigger in terms of showing games off than the original Switch's reveal? Similar to a presentation? If this isn't the case, are we expecting it to be similar to the original Switch's reveal then?

I'm only asking because the news of a possible Partner does have me a little confused because I feel like even if the reveal is earlier in March than we expected, I don't think it would name or date games, with the expectation from me that something like that would happen in a Switch 2 Presentation. I'm not sure if this question makes sense but what I think I'm trying to say is I don't really know if having a General or Partner really would change the plans for the next console reveal as we, in theory, wouldn't know about the games that reveal shows (if it is a First Look) until the larger presentation? I feel like a General or Mini could still stand alone with Switch 1 reveals that'll be smaller and then three weeks to a month later, a Switch 2 reveal comes about confirming some games we have been speculating about? :)

…ok I know this sounds dramatic but hearing that the upcoming Direct I’ve been using as a buoy for my declining mental health is actually a partner showcase is making me feel physically ill lol

I’m sorry to hear that - and it’s not at all dramatic or silly to me. This year has been absolutely awful for me so far, and losing out on a General Direct at the most “guaranteed” time it usually comes is just such a bummer. It was one of the few things I had to look forward to at this point, and it’s more about just another disappointment on top of several others in a time when everything else is going wrong more than just not having a Direct on its own. Personally, I’m already ready to just skip 2024 altogether for several reasons. I hope things get better for you soon!

As much as I’d love new Metroid fans to experience Prime 2 and 3, I doubt the story of Prime 4 is very connected to it outside of Prime 3’s secret ending.

I wanted them for the purpose of passing time until Prime 4. But, if Prime 4 coming soon means no Prime 2 and 3 then that’s an even trade in my eyes.

I'd want them because it's a shame to leave them behind (even if I question some choices made within). However, I do agree the plot of Prime 4 is likely to be fairly disconnected from what came before; it's why I still think giving the new game a different title would be for the best. It would allow Prime to exist as its own entity and whatever the next grouping is to do the same. Of course, Nintendo has already added the title to first-person spinoffs, even those very separate from typical Metroid, so this seems especially unlikely.

Rest assured, though, Echoes and Corruption will be released like Prime was. Nintendo has to do that so they can code in Next Console upgrades and sell a Prime Trilogy for $100. They'd just better not forget to add Pinball this time!

FE4R and MP4 being kept for the Switch 2 reveal was always more interesting to me than them being shown in a normal direct. I wouldn't mind only getting a Partner Showcase if it gives us more time to speculate on if they're going to be cross-gen or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom