• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what game is from a third party studio? Astral chain 2

giphy.webp
i predict that to be fall or winter 2024

i wish :cry:

Do you know what game is from a third party studio? Astral chain 2

giphy.webp

Well, Nintendo must have plans with the IP, else they wouldn't have bothered to get the full rights from P*.

But honestly, expecting an Astral Chain sequel on Switch in 2024 or 2025 isn't copium. It's fools play, no offense. ^^

I was today years old when I learned that IS isn't owned by Nintendo.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS. FIRE EMBLEM 4 REMAKE IS BACK ON THE MENU.

You could say they are .... 2nd party .... muaahahahaha.

No really, i was surprised too when i first heard that years ago.

Can't wait for Hyrule Warriors: Age of the Zonai or Super Mario Warriors 🤞🏻
I think it's too early for a new Hyrule Warriors game based on Tears of the Kingdom. TOTK just came out, so the next Warriors game would have started development before a lot of the stuff from TOTK was finalized.

I think it's a General mostly because I can't imagine Prime 4 being cross-gen until we actually hear otherwise...

But TTYD is more than enough to carry the entire year for me, anyway. They could launch the new system with nothing but Hamster Farting Simulator and I'd just keep running laps around Petal Meadows and giggling like a kid

Give it to me straight; there’s no way Thousand Year door can be at a partner, right? That blows ☹️ . I was really looking forward to the release date , additional content and new renders.

Why is Meelow sharing interesting stuff on the old forum and not here regarding the Direct?

Meelow, i thought we were fami-ly. ;_;

;]

Give it to me straight; there’s no way Thousand Year door can be at a partner, right? That blows ☹️ . I was really looking forward to the release date , additional content and new renders.

Technically (!) (big IF energy!) ... it could be there. Afaik it's done by Intelligent Systems (shortend to IS), who also developed the original.

And IS is a third party developer. They're not owned by Nintendo.

But don't blame me if it's not in the Direct, i just say that it could be there. ^^

I don't think a Partner Showcase would mean they don't have anything new to announce for Switch 1, but that they don't want to announce it now at the usual time. I don't know why though. The optimistic reading would be that it is somehow tied to the reveal of the Switch 2 of course.

Here's a random timeline:
  • February 15th: Partner Direct
  • March: Switch 2 reveal
  • Late March or April: Switch 1 only Direct that reveals the rest of the year for the console but where they don't have to hide that the Switch 2 exists (for one reason or another)
  • June: Switch 2 presentation with all the Switch 1 stuff out of the way.

That's the only explanation I can think of for the Partner Direct, that they somehow don't want to talk about new Switch 1 game before the reveal of the next console. Of course the easier timeline would be a regular Direct next week like we all predicted before the Nate podcast.

Everyone talking about unannounced events when there's the Zelda concert right around the corner... Honestly this doesn't look like anything to be excited about (in terms of Directs or reveals).
would they bother gathering an audience of ambassadors in Japan for a pre-recorded concert? I don't suspect there to be a big event - I thought maybe some promo for the first year anniversary of Super Nintendo World... but I dont exactly know where they were all heading to

IntSys and Nintendo are a little bit more than "Partners," I think - more like Married.
Ehh I'd say Engaged more than bound by the rings of commitment, but... /s

I'd actually holler if IntSys got a double showing with FE4R and TTYD as a bona fide Partner if it truly is a Partner Showcase tbh
Happy to just ride out the next week and see how much the Process™️ (and everything else) endures

You must be a real auteur when you're placing At World's End as one of the worst movies. it's damn good tho

It’s the only time I’ve ever walked out of the theatre. I have no idea if I’d enjoy it more now, but I definitely found it boring then.

Personally I'd think it more logical to communicate your spring/summer Switch line-up before you start pushing attention to new hardware. The second new hardware hits, it sucks all the oxygen out the room, and there's also that launch window question - if the launch is in the September to November period, do Nintendo only have two Switch games to fill a five or six month gap, i.e. April to September/November?

Maybe Nate has heard "Partner Showcase" from a trusted source, so fair enough, but I'd question the wisdom of that strategy. I think it'd make more sense to get a handful more Switch announcements out the way - trailers for Peach and Side Order, dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario, an NSO roadmap or overhaul (e.g. Nintendo Selects join NSO), another game or two announced (Fire Emblem, something else) - than to wait until after everybody is talking about new hardware.

Eh, not that long to find out. I'm not too fussed either way - I'm not managing a huge amount of gaming time so my To Play pile is still pretty significant and would eat up most of the next few months regardless of whether I take the plunge on stuff like Unicorn Overlord or Eiyuden Chronicle.

Nintendo are shadow-dropping the Switch 2 during next week's Direct - they'll be uploading the console on the eShop right after the presentation.

Well if you think about it, nvidia is a nintendo partner and they developed te new chip for the next switch, so that means SWITCH 2 REVEAL AT THE UPCOMING PARTNER SHOWCASE.

Well if you think about it, nvidia is a nintendo partner and they developed te new chip for the next switch, so that means SWITCH 2 REVEAL AT THE UPCOMING PARTNER SHOWCASE.

Please, Hypeman Jensen and his awesome leather-jackets would be too big for a Partner Showcase.

Partner Showcases are not for Nintendo IPs, published by Nintendo and developed by Nintendo second parties. Mario + Rabbids is a crossover between a Nintendo IP and a Ubisoft IP, developed by Ubisoft and published by Ubisoft in most countries. Part Time UFO is a HAL Laboratory IP that was originally published in Android and iOS.

What if the Direct is a collab YTP done by cs188 and DaThings ?

- Hi, I'm high. My name is Shinigami from the Shin Megami Sensei series. In Bravely Defoe, unlock new jobs and even some secret JoJ and secret sauce, while watching Speed 2 with a brave Dafoe. Don't forget that you can play as Yurf in Finif Fantasy VII Rebake Intergrade Cool Cloud Edition.

I still find Nate's phrasing of "I think they will focus on third party stuff more than first party," in particular, interesting. If this is a Partner Showcase, there's no "mostly." It will focus entirely on third-party games. Personally, I think I land on the expectation of a Mini that has a strong - but not exclusive - emphasis on third-party games.

Ultimately, Nintendo makes the rules what to show in what type of Direct.

And Nintendo can decide to change the rules or break them if they want to. ^^

Personally I'd think it more logical to communicate your spring/summer Switch line-up before you start pushing attention to new hardware. The second new hardware hits, it sucks all the oxygen out the room, and there's also that launch window question - if the launch is in the September to November period, do Nintendo only have two Switch games to fill a five or six month gap, i.e. April to September/November?

Maybe Nate has heard "Partner Showcase" from a trusted source, so fair enough, but I'd question the wisdom of that strategy. I think it'd make more sense to get a handful more Switch announcements out the way - trailers for Peach and Side Order, dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario, an NSO roadmap or overhaul (e.g. Nintendo Selects join NSO), another game or two announced (Fire Emblem, something else) - than to wait until after everybody is talking about new hardware.

Eh, not that long to find out. I'm not too fussed either way - I'm not managing a huge amount of gaming time so my To Play pile is still pretty significant and would eat up most of the next few months regardless of whether I take the plunge on stuff like Unicorn Overlord or Eiyuden Chronicle.

You've explained the situation very well :)

A Partner Direct would really be the worst solution Nintendo could choose....

2 Nintendo games in 5/6 months would be indecent. Nintendo must take care of the 140+ million Switch units until the end.

Nintendo could easily do a general without bothering to show all that much first party stuff. Side Order, Peach, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, and NSO would give them half a dozen first party things to talk about; more if there's eShop exclusive games, a Hagi port from Wii or GC, or any of the remasters/remakes that seem to be in the works (Kat Bailey for example said many more were coming). It wouldn't necessarily be a strong or massively exciting showing, but it's not like they need to inject massive momentum into Switch, and when Pokemon is confirmed later this month, the Switch line up would look pretty good for a machine entering year 8 and about to be replaced.

You've explained the situation very well :)

A Partner Direct would really be the worst solution Nintendo could choose....

2 Nintendo games in 5/6 months would be indecent. Nintendo must take care of the 140+ million Switch units until the end.

Dunno, Switch 1 gets Paper Mario, Sailor Peach, the FE 4 Remake, Metroid Prime 4 (although this will likely end up cross-gen)...

I'd say that's a better "final" year than what Wii, WiiU and 3DS had.

But one also needs to understand that Switch 2 will be the focus from announcement/reveal on. All their big efforts will be Switch 2 first, and maybe Switch 1 cross-gen if possible.
If anything, i do see indie games, and to a lesser extend smaller third parties, to take up most of the Switch's remaining time in 2024 and 2025.

Dunno, Switch 1 gets Paper Mario, Sailor Peach, the FE 4 Remake, Metroid Prime 4 (although this will likely end up cross-gen)...

I'd say that's a better "final" year than what Wii, WiiU and 3DS had.

That's why we'd like a General Direct. To have the confirmation of these games ;)

As I've always said, I'll be very happy with Fire Emblem 4 and Metroid Prime 4 ! The rest will be bonus for me.

That's why we'd like a General Direct. To have the confirmation of these games ;)

As I've always said, I'll be very happy with Fire Emblem 4 and Metroid Prime 4 ! The rest will be bonus for me.

But you also get that, even if the upcoming Direct is indeed a general one and not a Partner Showcase, there's a big chance they're not going to show MP4 there, yes?

It's pretty much the perfect game to show off the technical power difference between Switch and Switch 2, so it's likely they might have decided to keep MP4 back for the Switch 2 reveal.

But you also get that, even if the upcoming Direct is indeed a general one and not a Partner Showcase, there's a big chance they're not going to show MP4 there, yes?

It's pretty much the perfect game to show off the technical power difference between Switch and Switch 2, so it's likely they might have decided to keep MP4 back for the Switch 2 reveal.

A little tease before a full reveal with Switch 2 :)

What do you think of Fire Emblem 4 Remake ? A game that, according to Nate, is supposed to be released only on Switch.

I dread the Pokemon Presents. I don't want to see them do to Gen V what they did to Gen IV.
I doubt they'll remake Gen V yet. I'd expect a Let's Go-style adventure instead. Or just no main series game this year, I'd be fine with that. Do a new Mystery Dungeon game that isn't so absurdly grindy.

I'm so tired of the Prime 4 discussion. I won't even argue anymore why "it'll show the technical prowess of Switch 2" is flawed.
Just give me the game.
It’s more about Metroid Prime 4 needing Switch 2’s marketing to sell than Metroid Prime 4 selling Switch 2.

Every single Partner Showcase so far has only shown third party games - otherwise there would be no point in calling this a Partner Showcase instead of a normal Mini or regular Direct.

Three Hopes and Age of Calamity were published by Koei Tecmo in Japan and are co-owned properties. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is a literal third party game that licences Nintendo IP.

Fire Emblem has absolutely no chance at being on a Partner Showcase. Otherwise, why not show Bayonetta 3 on the June 2022 Direct? It was developed by Platinum. But it's still a first party game.

A Warriors game or another surprise third party game that uses Nintendo IP(like Mario + Rabbids or Cadence of Hyrule were) are the absolute best we can expect in terms of Nintendo stuff on a Partner Showcase.

A little tease before a full reveal with Switch 2 :)

What do you think of Fire Emblem 4 Remake ? A game that, according to Nate, is supposed to be released only on Switch.

Dunno. On one hand, going by the rumors IS has been sitting on this game for quite some time, so i could see them opting to make it cross-gen in this time.

On the other hand, with Switch 1 BC likely for Switch 2, they just might not feel the need because it's playable on the new system. That is the big difference to 3DS' FE Echoes.

Could go either way, but i also don't know if that "not being considered cross-gen" info from Nate is still accurate or if it's based on older info.

would they bother gathering an audience of ambassadors in Japan for a pre-recorded concert? I don't suspect there to be a big event - I thought maybe some promo for the first year anniversary of Super Nintendo World... but I dont exactly know where they were all heading to
I mean, yeah? Would they bother otherwise to simply stream a pre-recorded concert with no promotion at all? Why not do it live then?

IMO, this way they can boost engagement through social media with no major costs induced -- also, did you notice we might have, supposedly, one big online Nintendo event each week until a possible new hardware reveal? Zelda Concert this week, Direct the next week, Pokémon Direct(?) in the next one, and then a possible reveal of the next hardware. That's a full month of Nintendo coverage in the Internet in the last month of the quarter. Might boost sales a bit too so they can meet their hardware sales expectations.

Also, I saw that that quoted ambassador was flying to San Francisco and not Japan, so it might just be a local get-together for promoting it after all? I dunno, there's too much speculating and daydreaming when it comes to Nintendo...

I doubt they'll remake Gen V yet. I'd expect a Let's Go-style adventure instead. Or just no main series game this year, I'd be fine with that. Do a new Mystery Dungeon game that isn't so absurdly grindy.
No main series game at all would be very good - and better yet, no Legends game, either. Let any large-scale Pokemon game cook properly for once. I can safely and quietly ignore a Let's Go game and just wait a bit longer.

A solid spin-off would be nice, though. Still think a Colosseum-style game would be nice, but alas, they're never going back to that sort of thing.

A solid spin-off would be nice, though. Still think a Colosseum-style game would be nice, but alas, they're never going back to that sort of thing.
It's interesting, though, because the point of those games was to give you your Pokémon in 3D when that wasn't possible on the handhelds, so you'd think there's no need for it today. But I still kinda miss something about that format. I loved the commentator speaking over the battles.

I'm so tired of the Prime 4 discussion. I won't even argue anymore why "it'll show the technical prowess of Switch 2" is flawed.
Just give me the game.

I feel like the most likely outcome at this point is that the game will be shown as part of the Switch 2 software showcase and look superior to the Switch version.

Quoted by: tee
I feel like the most likely outcome at this point is that the game will be shown as part of the Switch 2 software showcase and look superior to the Switch version.
I don't think they're going to spotlight cross gen software at the Switch 2 presentation other than a brief section on backwards compat or something

It's interesting, though, because the point of those games was to give you your Pokémon in 3D when that wasn't possible on the handhelds, so you'd think there's no need for it today. But I still kinda miss something about that format. I loved the commentator speaking over the battles.
Yeah, those games just had a je ne sais quoi that mainline Pokemon games in 3D can't (and aren't really trying to) emulate. Part of me wishes we'd get one again just so the composer could do something for Pokemon outside of mobile games, because those soundtracks ruled.

I don't think they're going to spotlight cross gen software at the Switch 2 presentation other than a brief section on backwards compat or something

I guess we’ll see :)

They showed Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess when unveiling the Switch and Wii…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom