• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally I am a traditionalist. I'd vote for closing this thread and starting it back up again in April.
agreed. Also, when there really isn't anything to speculate the speculation gets a little ridiculous as I think we've seen from the hardware thread.

I would love a Xenoblade Warriors game!
tenor.gif

EDIT: And I hope the decision doesn't just ultimately come down to votes on a poll. It's very easy to click to vote without thought or rationale. Ideally the decision we make is one that makes sense and actually has a reasoning behind it.
If only we could also take this into account in elections.

Someone asks if Pyoro is hinting at Endless Ocean on Weibo and NS News Subo, a news account who has leaked a lot of stuff in the past (you can see their track record here: https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-announced-for-february-8th.5320/post-554584), says the original poster guessed it correctly.
oj5cs.jpeg
NS News Subo:
According to foreign media, Chinese Leaker "NS News Subo" has hinted that Endless Ocean will be featured in this week's Parter ShowCase.
Pyoro, the originator, replied by stating that this Leaker is reliable.

od4jC.png

Gamers: omg preserve games and give us access to your old stuff

Nintendo: OK here are some underappreciated games in danger of being lost to history

Gamers: nooo not like that

yeah Nintendo's attitude to this stuff is all over the place
nintendo fandom the most tsundere ass fandom in gaming 😂

If they're having a General Direct in April, then this Partner really kind of does feel like "we had contractual obligations to show these games in a Direct before the end of the fiscal year" or something.

An April General has never happened in the Switch era, right? Great news for team #ScrewPatterns

So, does the Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase open with the usual Mini Direct theme, the General theme, or something new?

Image won’t load for me
"I want to get off MR BONES WILD RIDE"

Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

June for Switch 2 reveal.

Everything in flux always, but I’m feeling good, so eh.

OH ! :D

The April one should be General from what I've heard (no dates this time, I've learned)

OH ! OH !

Don't worry about the dates :)

If "plans don't change", this would be a beautiful schedule!

I know fuck all about Metroid 4, unfortunately. I heard something like what you’re describing, but that was last year. No idea where it’s at now.

If you want my purely guessing-based prediction, though, I fully believe it’s coming out this year on Switch 1.

For me, that would be the most logical thing to do.

Metroid Prime 4 is being developed and promised for Switch. It would be a great last cartridge before Switch 2 :)

A General in April would be weird, but I get it

Right now it's too early to show whatever they have planned for the end of the year (so Fire Emblem, probably a few other remakes, do I dare hope for Prime 4?), that's typically reserved for June, but since June is supposedly Switch 2 time, the last Switch Direct gets shoved in the middle

Just watched the reviews for both Endless Ocean games and honestly? If we get both games with remastered visuals in one pack like we did with Another Code Recollection last month then I might actually be interested. Looks kind of fun/interesting.

A General in April would be weird, but I get it

Right now it's too early to show whatever they have planned for the end of the year (so Fire Emblem, probably a few other remakes, do I dare hope for Prime 4?), that's typically reserved for June, but since June is supposedly Switch 2 time, the last Switch Direct gets shoved in the middle
If NG delay was as much of a surprise to the rest of Nintendo as it was to third parties, they're probably reshuffling all they original plans right now.

If I were Nintendo, I'd have a General Direct on April 1st (I know it's a Monday) just to fully embrace the confusion. Someone remembers the one they did in 2019?

Is there a chance that Sonic mobile game could come to Switch? Sonic Dream Team or something? Don’t remember what it’s called but I remember thinking it looked like what I expected Sonic to naturally evolve into during the PSthwii360 era.

yeah close this thread after the partner showcase, we can start a new one for the supposed april direct later.

I wonder how long it takes to create a General Direct. Probably months right? Just really loopy thinking about timelines if the Switch reveal was delayed last minute. Even if it was internally delayed and relayed to partners a week or two ago, I bet Nintendo has been aware of the outcome for probably a month or so longer.
  • Seems like Partner Direct now was always the plan.
  • March reveal is up in the air, but was the plan according to some sources and has since been more believed to no longer be happening.
  • April General Direct means what for their "sometimes" expected June General?
  • Will there be a Direct at all in June? Maybe just a Partner again? And we mayyyy get a game or two announced at the Switch reveal? It would be hype if June was like their 2017 Jan showcase, but I can't see that happening so early

Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

Good old June.

No doubt I’ll be on holiday frantically searching for a signal.

every single person alive has replied to this post so I just wanted to join them

sorry for the notification

I wonder how long it takes to create a General Direct. Probably months right? Just really loopy thinking about timelines if the Switch reveal was delayed last minute. Even if it was internally delayed and relayed to partners a week or two ago, I bet Nintendo has been aware of the outcome for probably a month or so longer.
  • Seems like Partner Direct now was always the plan.
  • March reveal is up in the air, but was the plan according to some sources and has since been more believed to no longer be happening.
  • April General Direct means what for their "sometimes" expected June General?
  • Will there be a Direct at all in June? Maybe just a Partner again? And we mayyyy get a game or two announced at the Switch reveal? It would be hype if June was like their 2017 Jan showcase, but I can't see that happening so early
My feeling is they probably knew since some point last year that the console not releasing this year was possible/likely and so they began preparing for about nine months to a year additionally where the Nintendo Switch will still be the main focus for marketing. I do feel like, as you said, it was probably always the plan to have a Partner Showcase this month and by the time it was solidified that the console wouldn't make this year, it was easier to begin planning for another Direct opposed to reworking this one and possibly having it shifted into March, probably messing with the plans of their partners? Using this thinking, the Endless Ocean project was probably always going to be in the Partner Showcase, I just feel like it carries a different meaning now!

Before the reports, I had felt like we'd get this Partner Showcase, the console reveal in the form of a First Look or larger press release, and then a smaller Mini in late March/Early April for the Nintendo Switch that would date Paper Mario for July and announce Fire Emblem 4 Remake for August as the two headlining announcements. That would've been followed by a larger June event and a (General) Nintendo Direct that would highlight Nintendo Switch 1 games and Nintendo's main Next Generation games for this year in July.

Now I feel like they probably do convert that Mini in late March/Early April (probably early April now) to a General, having the two previous announcements but then maybe pulling a game or two that would've been in the July event (if I had to guess, something like a Mario Party and something related to Metroid) and feature them here while then having the June/July Direct still that highlights the same games they might've planned with an additional one or two that they may slot in.

I feel like this response is all over the place so I'm so sorry!! My main question I feel is the range that an April General would cover? Normally with the February Direct (and even with this Partner Showcase), we see that they focus on the first half of the year but I feel like April would be a little late to focus on just the first half. Maybe it would focus on the general range of "games releasing this Summer" like they use the "Winter" for the September Directs? Then whatever they do in the middle of the year would be focused on what is releasing through the rest of 2024? :D

Uhh, is something happening later today? Nintendo announced the Partner Showcase 12 hours earlier than normal, later in the day than normal, and on a US holiday for some reason, and now the Pokemon Company announced their Direct at midnight. This is really strange.

General Direct in April? It make sense. No it actually does! What was released in April 33 years ago? FIRE EMBLEM.

More specifically on 20th April (Which is also Lucina's birthday). But that's a Saturday therefore the direct will be the week starting 15th.

Fire Emblem will celebrate it's 34th anniversary in April by giving everyone in Fire Emblem Heroes a chance to win a 3 star hero, 3.4k feathers, 3 orbs and then announce Fire Emblem 4 Remake in a Direct in April with a FE4 Remake banner in Heroes.

Oh yeah, it's all coming together 😏😏

Uhh, is something happening later today? Nintendo announced the Partner Showcase 12 hours earlier than normal, later in the day than normal, and on a US holiday for some reason, and now the Pokemon Company announced their Direct at midnight. This is really strange.
Tis a little odd. I thought yesterday's Partner Showcase announcement was so that the Pokemon Presents could get today's main announcement spot.

Maybe something related to Peach - a demo, or previews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom