• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realizing that Koei Tecmo has released a Nintendo themed Warriors game every 2 years or so, the exception being Fire Emblem Warriors (2017) inbetween Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016) and HW Definitive Edition (2018).

With it being the 10th anniversary of Hyrule Warriors this year, and this direct releasing on Zelda's anniversary, what do you guys think about the possibility of another Hyrule Warriors game showing up? Though it could be for any other series really.

Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

June for Switch 2 reveal.

Everything in flux always, but I’m feeling good, so eh.
Switch 2 reveal in June! Great, now we need E3 back.

I know fuck all about Metroid 4, unfortunately. I heard something like what you’re describing, but that was last year. No idea where it’s at now.

If you want my purely guessing-based prediction, though, I fully believe it’s coming out this year on Switch 1.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight! I hope what you heard about April and June is true. Even with E3 gone, it just feels right to have June be used for big announcements.

Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

So we’re gettng Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion 2 via Twitter drop?

Or maybe they were delayed to after April or were always meant to release after April

What if there is a really awesome game from a 3rd party that you would enjoy?
The only good/major third party release that was announced during a Partner Direct that I appreciated was Monster Hunter Rise, and it was specifically alluded to by Nintendo as a livestream event.

On-demand? I'm not holding my breath. I hope everyone else enjoys it, though.

What about a Pokemon Presents next week? Or is that still an unknown?

I'm curious if anyone has insight as to why Nintendo would unveil the console relatively early (June vs. the October reveal of Switch in 2016). Wouldn't that only get in the way of selling more Switch's this year?
I'm pretty sure Nintendo has to have some sort of announcement of their next system before their next fiscal year;
they have to tell all the investors beforehand, even if it's just "we're working on the next system."
With the way leaks spread now, they may think it'd be a better idea to reveal it sooner rather than later.
Of course, who knows what Nintendo's really planning to do.

So if this plan pulls through, that's 2 indie world's between Generals, has that happened before?

New poll - community input for what to do with Direct Speculation next
Hey everyone we’ve gotten a few questions on what to do with the thread at various points the last few days since unusual events happened. With a new Direct seemingly close after this one, staff would like to ask for community input on what to do next so please answer the new poll. Thanks!

I know fuck all about Metroid 4, unfortunately. I heard something like what you’re describing, but that was last year. No idea where it’s at now.

If you want my purely guessing-based prediction, though, I fully believe it’s coming out this year on Switch 1.
Have you heard anything about the Startropics remake?

I doubt Nintendo does anything new with Earthbound/Mother without Itoi and he said he's done with the IP.
it's almost definitely just a merch thing, but a few months ago Hobonichi (Itoi's company) did note something to the effect of having a lot of plans and things to look forward to "and things that we don't know yet" regarding Mother 2/Earthbound's 30th anniversary

again, probably just teasing some merch, but maaaybe it'll be more than that just this once. Crazier things have happened

GGwBcCiXwAAirYm

An April general direct will be good. Then in June we get the Switch 2 reveal. Nintendo probably doesn’t care to wait until October to do the reveal.

By "Switch 2 reveal", you mean the huge presentation, right? Are you still expecting a trailer announcement in March?

Remember when Treasure tweeted they were working on a highly request title in 2022?
If Nintendo's bringing back fucking Endless Ocean and Another Code then they best stop messing around and gift us a new Sin & Punishment. i'd also take a port of S&P2
I forgot about this. So my meme post was not in vain. SP2 is a sick game that I cant believe I lost my copy off lol.

Hey everyone we’ve gotten a few questions on what to do with the thread at various points the last few days since unusual events happened. With a new Direct seemingly close after this one, staff would like to ask for community input on what to do next so please answer the new poll. Thanks!
I guess a general vibe check of what expectations are going into the Direct? Be interesting to compare the poll here to @Guaraná's traditional r(h)ate the Direct thread results

Please let the april one be a general.
partner showcases just blow
By "Switch 2 reveal", you mean the huge presentation, right? Are you still expecting a trailer announcement in March?
From the wording it sounds like it will be the first reveal not the big presentation.
Personally kind of glad I didn’t fall for the “Partner in Feb means Switch 2 in March”
But who knows

Realizing that Koei Tecmo has released a Nintendo themed Warriors game every 2 years or so, the exception being Fire Emblem Warriors (2017) inbetween Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016) and HW Definitive Edition (2018).

With it being the 10th anniversary of Hyrule Warriors this year, and this direct releasing on Zelda's anniversary, what do you guys think about the possibility of another Hyrule Warriors game showing up? Though it could be for any other series really.
Makes sense to me.

Barring something like HD re-releases of TP and/or WW hitting this year, too, another HW would at least make sure we have one new Zelda SKU hit this calendar year.

I'd expect a true Musou-style sequel: Make it a continuation to AoC, add in a few new chars and maps from TOTK, and tell an otherwise new story in that AU.

I'd be down, even if I'd rather have Mario Musou at this point LOL

If the plan would be to open a new thread around mid-March, I say close this one. Forces everyone to take a small break for a few weeks and come back fresh.

That way we can build up to going insane again rather simply continuing it now.

June 2024 -> March 2025 is about 9 months right?

That's not too bad. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back again 😭

aw lame. maybe i should get that though
Definitely get Radiant Silvergun. If you're a Treasure fan, you'll love it!

Xenoblade Warriors would be my top pick.

Pyoro just confirmed a Unicorn Overload Overlord demo
Fixed! (I made the same mistake earlier lol.)

I already pre-ordered the game, so I don't need convincing, but it'll be fun to play the demo early!

Holy crap! You just saved my last bit of remaining hope for Nintendo's 2024.

This April Direct seems like the perfect venue to finally reveal FE4R. And I suppose whatever other Switch games Nintendo has in store for 2024.

And I can wait till June for the Switch 2 reveal. That's not too far. Just as long as we avoid the worst-case scenario of Nintendo refusing to talk about it till after holiday 2024 to milk more Switch Christmas sales.

Definitely get Radiant Silvergun. If you're a Treasure fan, you'll love it!

Xenoblade Warriors would be my top pick.

Fixed! (I made the same mistake earlier lol.)

I already pre-ordered the game, so I don't need convincing, but it'll be fun to play the demo early!

Holy crap! You just saved my last bit of remaining hope for Nintendo's 2024.

This April Direct seems like the perfect venue to finally reveal FE4R. And I suppose whatever other Switch games Nintendo has in store for 2024.

And I can wait till June for the Switch 2 reveal. That's not too far. Just as long as we avoid the worst-case scenario of Nintendo refusing to talk about it till after holiday 2024 to milk more Switch Christmas sales.
Thanks for the correction 😅

IF true, it hurts that we were so close to the announcement only for it to be delayed.

Could see an April Direct happening. F-Zero GBA looks like it could be the March NSO title if February's taking a break or vice versa and then a roadmap/bundle reveal would be perfect in April
Speaking of NSO I wonder if Pokemon could potentially have some NSO titles announced next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom