• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly enough, this Direct announcement does nothing to calm my mood. In fact, it just makes things more uncertain for me.

No idea what will happen after February.

So the first Direct of the year is a Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase which has dropped the Mini branding, has been delayed because of a podcast, was announced 2 days in advance and at a not so common hour for Nintendo.

They just said fuck it we are going to act random to confuse them.
Huh, I was not expecting two days notice for just a Partner Showcase. Seems a touch overkill?

Ah well, as much as I was holding onto hold hope for a General or a Mini, I'll eat the humble pie. Maybe TTYD and LM2 will just get shadow-dropped trailers with release dates. Which, if those are some the frew remaining first-party titles for Switch, and Switch 2 is now delayed until next year, I would've assumed they want to at least hype/market them a bit more intensely?

Maybe it's also the reality that Nintendo doesn't have that many finished games/port ready to go that they've been sitting on? I could honestly see no real announcements until a June direct, but maybe we'll get a mini in March or April?

Also, guess I gotta put my clown shoes and wig back in the closet for no FE4 Remake. One day my fellow clowns, one day...

This also makes me feel like there are no major Switch releases in the first half of 2024 after the Peach game. Luigi's Mansion 2 and TTYD will probably be for the second half. Just my guess.

This also makes me feel like there are no major Switch releases in the first half of 2024 after the Peach game. Luigi's Mansion 2 and TTYD will probably be for the second half. Just my guess.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD will release in summer 2024.... June or July ;)
Paper Mario TTYD will be for H1 2024 too, I think.

Nintendo wouldn't release three games in three months and then take three or more months off. They're not exactly starving for port/remaster material.

Well, guess Nintendo wants to reassure switch owners that the console will see continued software output from first and third party

Okay, it's being uploaded shortly before my layover. This will be the first Direct I won't be able to watch live in the last couple years, but at least I won't have to dodge spoilers unless I mistakenly open Twitter first.

Okay, it's being uploaded shortly before my layover. This will be the first Direct I won't be able to watch live in the last couple years, but at least I won't have to dodge spoilers unless I mistakenly open Twitter first.
On the bright side, the Direct isn't going to be livestreamed!

First time where im actually a bit excited for a Partner. Could be up there with the June 2022 one, also have been accepting its probably a Partner for a while.

My backlog is big but will be fun to watch and see what games to add to it 😂

Look.

Look. If, if, Endless Ocean happens in any format whatsoever, and Famiboards rates this as the lowest Direct...

I'll be extremely, extremely disappointed in you all. Any inclusion of Endless Ocean whatsoever is a pipe dream the likes of which should never be able to happen, and if it does happen it means we are in the best possible timeline.

First of all, it’s no longer a mini, just a partner direct
Second of all, they don’t just say third parties, they also say “development partners”. This gives an excuse for stuff like Paper Mario or NSO to feature, I mean we did get Hyrule warriors and Mario rabbids in partner directs before

Every announcement is a banger announcement to someone.
Listen, I'm all for respecting life choices, but if someone legitimately got excited at the Rogue Company announcement back in the first Mini Partner Showcase, I'll send them a free appointment to a therapist and 72 hours before i make them feel unsafe if they don't go.

Listen, I'm all for respecting life choices, but if someone legitimately got excited at the Rogue Company announcement back in the first Mini Partner Showcase, I'll send them a free appointment to a therapist and 72 hours before i make them feel unsafe if they don't go.
Was part of the closed alpha for that game... never again

What I’m wondering is what they will do to announce the rest of the years lineup. We currently have nothing planned past March, plus we need a new roadmap for the expansion pass. They originally had an excuse not to show stuff with the switch 2 reveal, but with that being delayed what they’ll do is a mystery

What I’m wondering is what they will do to announce the rest of the years lineup. We currently have nothing planned past March, plus we need a new roadmap for the expansion pass. They originally had an excuse not to show stuff with the switch 2 reveal, but with that being delayed what they’ll do is a mystery

I mean, the issue with NSO is that there’s not that many more big games for them to bring.

It’s like a handful of GBA games and 6-7 N64 games.

Release date trailers for any games coming before July and a May or June direct I would guess.

Here's my predictions for games that I'm at least 90% sure will be there (based on leaks and guesses about previously announced games) and my excitement level for each:
  1. Pentiment (not for me)
  2. SMT V: Vengeance (great game, but I already beat it, not really interested in a "complete edition" this soon after the original release, wish it was an Apocalypse-style sequel)
  3. Pocket Card Jockey (neat, the 3DS game was fun)
  4. Endless Ocean (not for me)
  5. Contra: Operation Galuga (neat, but not a new announcement)
  6. Penny's Big Breakaway (looks fun, but not a new announcement)
  7. Fantasy Life (wait-and-see, also not a new announcement)
  8. Ace Combat 7 (neat, but not a new announcement)
  9. Sonic X Shadow Generations (neat, but not a new announcement)
  10. Unicorn Overlord (awesome, but not a new announcement)
That's like half the Direct right there (the June 2022 Partner was about the same length of time and had 21 games + 4 in a sizzle real. This doesn't bode well for me. Gonna need Square Enix or someone to come out swinging to salvage this thing.

Last edited:
Look.

Look. If, if, Endless Ocean happens in any format whatsoever, and Famiboards rates this as the lowest Direct...

I'll be extremely, extremely disappointed in you all. Any inclusion of Endless Ocean whatsoever is a pipe dream the likes of which should never be able to happen, and if it does happen it means we are in the best possible timeline.
im always happy when this forgotten games gets a new release because it gives me hope for more miracles in the future

Just relieved it’s official now and done with. Makes me wonder if TTYD / LM2 Twitter drops might be nearby. If there’s no real Direct for a while yet, hopefully. There have been some Generals not too far from Partner Showcases in the past though, if I’m not mistaken. But I’m going to guess news will be scarce and rough until June.

If Nintendo leads with the fish game, it’s almost impossible for them to mess this one up, in my book. Everything else is just icing when they bring back something I expected to never see again.

This feels like the first real opportunity of the year for there to be Silksong potential. I’ll get my clown make up.

Anything Dragon Quest related would be wonderful too.

I mean, the issue with NSO is that there’s not that many more big games for them to bring.

It’s like a handful of GBA games and 6-7 N64 games.
Just off the top of my head for GBA

The F-Zero trilogy
Mother 3 (probably JP only)
Zelda LTTP/Four Swords
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Twisted
Rhythm Tengoku
Metroid Zero Mission
Mario Tennis/Golf
Drill Dozer
DK King of Swing
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land

And that's just first party stuff, not counting third parties that could show probably up like Sega, Capcom, Konami or Rare, or any mainline Pokemon and stuff that got remade like Advance Wars and Mario vs DK. There's very notable games here that would easily keep them going for a while, even quite a few with pretty good multiplayer potential like Four Swords, the F-Zero games, the Mario Sports games, even DK King of Swing.

I know that it's a General Partner Showcase likely because of the Microsoft games but do you all think, besides Endless Ocean, they could have another Nintendo IP game in the Direct that is developed by a third-party studio (I'm thinking maybe the Bandai Namco games that were speculated a couple of months ago)? The format of the Direct being a General Partner Showcase and us not knowing the Switch lineup beyond next month does make me think there's a chance that a smaller Nintendo IP could also show up here as well?

Genuinely grateful beyond belief to all the insiders who said ahead of time this would be a partner showcase. Had to say goodbye to a pet I’ve known and loved for the last sixteen years today, and if after all that misery I sat down and learned we weren’t getting a general direct this month for the first time I would fear for my own wellbeing

Anyway I hope we get Dragon Quest 3
(and sorry to vent I know this isn’t really the place)

in what direction tho

are leaks contained here or is the thread leak free?
I think the new Direct thread is supposed to be spoiler-free, so that would mean leaks go here. (I hope I didn't have that backwards). The other Direct thread has "(No spoilers)" in the title.

I think the new Direct thread is supposed to be spoiler-free, so that would mean leaks go here. (I hope I didn't have that backwards). The other Direct thread has "(No spoilers)" in the title.
thanks

I did miss the No Spoilers warning in the other thread so you're right; leaks all go here in the Spec thread

Oh they straight up announced it? Lmao alrighty.

I don't mind Partners in theory as I enjoyed SMTV, Monster Hunter Rise and Persona 5R on Switch. However I'd really like to see new TTYD footage or any confirmation that FE4R is real, which probably won't appear.

Wait why is this thread still open

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom