• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait did Pyroro just shoot down Endless Ocean? ☹️ Oh well least my disappointment is now instead of Wednesday. I may still be scared of the ocean but I still wanted it announced.

I’m caught up on the thread today. Definitely didn’t expect an announcement today and I’m both intrigued and glad they dropped the Mini branding (always felt that garnered extra dislike for no good reason). I never played Endless Ocean, but I’m intrigued to see it.

Yes this is the spoiler thread. Anyone who has been posting here should stay here! This thread will close a little while after it drops.

Wait did Pyroro just shoot down Endless Ocean? ☹️ Oh well least my disappointment is now instead of Wednesday. I may still be scared of the ocean but I still wanted it announced.
Nah, they didn't. It was just a joke from their part. If it was fake, we'd get a "DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT".

I’m deleting the poll in a few hours if you want to do any final votes or see who joined up with you. This one was mainly to reset the vibes and have fun so I’m not planning to record the results.

I think they announced it this evening because that's morning in Japan and they wanted to try to get some positive market vibes goin after the drop in stock prices due to the hardware delay leaks.

I'm not excited about Partner Direct :(

I hope Nate, Brazil or others, will know if Nintendo has a General or Mini planned for March or April....
Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

June for Switch 2 reveal.

Everything in flux always, but I’m feeling good, so eh.

Here’s what I’ve heard post-Friday: Direct in April (general or mini, dunno), Indie World before that (probably March).

Seems good to me! Also, if the switch 2 went from October/November to January/February, a three month delay for the reveal makes sense

I guess we'll have to wait for April for more on TTYD and LM 2 HD then. I'm guessing they will skip Twitter drops if a direct is coming in April.

So about 8 months between reveal and launch. That would make sense.

So is this like a “GET HYPED“ situation or is this like a “I heard this might happen so maybe you should get a tad bit hyped“ situation

I guess we'll have to wait for April for more on TTYD and LM 2 HD then. I'm guessing they will skip Twitter drops if a direct is coming in April.
Depends on when Endless Ocean drops, or if there's anything else revealed alongside it.

Remember when Treasure tweeted they were working on a highly request title in 2022?
If Nintendo's bringing back fucking Endless Ocean and Another Code then they best stop messing around and gift us a new Sin & Punishment. i'd also take a port of S&P2
I think that just ended up being the Radiant Silvergun port to Switch

You're a real one for this. June reveal for Switch 2 is fine but damn, no new first party announcements for 2 months :(

Remember when Treasure tweeted they were working on a highly request title in 2022?
If Nintendo's bringing back fucking Endless Ocean and Another Code then they best stop messing around and gift us a new Sin & Punishment. i'd also take a port of S&P2
That was the Switch port of Radiant Silvergun, ported by Live Wire. I dunno how many people are still working at Treasure though, seems like it's basically just a skeleton company making sure their games can still get rereleased.

Hey Brazil. I normally don’t do this but was wondering if you have heard anything about Metroid? Whether that be Prime 2 and 3, or about Prime 4.

Grubb was saying an old source mentioned a Metroid marketing push in May that has likely been moved further out. Did you ever hear about that?

Oh ok so Nintendo moved it to June for the reveal now?

2D Metroid, Metroid Prime, Advance Wars, Endless Ocean, Another Code...
What a far cry from the ages of Nintendo's dead IPs. Waiting for Golden Sun and F-Zero (other than 99) now.
Yeah, it's really hard to see any franchise as "too dead/irrelevant" when we've gotten things like Famicom Detective Club, Another Code, and apparently even Endless Ocean during the Switch era

Really does feel like anything and everything is on the table these days for at least one more chance

Probably closer to the second one. The sources are good, but, as proven by last week, you never know what could cause a change.
Thanks for the response (was kinda expecting to get aired). Still crazy to me how fast Nintendos plans can change, I mean in a weeks time the switch 2 was delayed 4 months and the entire game lineup this year probably changed with it

Hey Brazil. I normally don’t do this but was wondering if you have heard anything about Metroid? Whether that be Prime 2 and 3, or about Prime 4.

Grubb was saying an old source mentioned a Metroid marketing push in May that has likely been moved further out. Did you ever hear about that?
I know fuck all about Metroid 4, unfortunately. I heard something like what you’re describing, but that was last year. No idea where it’s at now.

If you want my purely guessing-based prediction, though, I fully believe it’s coming out this year on Switch 1.

I'm curious if anyone has insight as to why Nintendo would unveil the console relatively early (June vs. the October reveal of Switch in 2016). Wouldn't that only get in the way of selling more Switch's this year?

I'm curious if anyone has insight as to why Nintendo would unveil the console relatively early (June vs. the October reveal of Switch in 2016). Wouldn't that only get in the way of selling more Switch's this year?
They can either reveal it before something like gamescom, or have stuff leak out of those meetings anyway.

Keep in mind that the reveal could very well be something like a phrase and a single photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom