• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back and saw that whenever one of these had a Nintendo IP game, they always included "Development Partner" in the posting so!!! Exciting times are ahead!

Edit: I am wrong HAHAH, just got a little excited!

I have the stupidest idea I could imagine: Super Mario Warriors, but is a re-skin of Buddy Mission BOND for the western market, with rushed, glitchy Musou gameplay and Sonic Boom-level redesigns.

Development Partners. Does that mean Paper Mario? The long awaited Zelda ports from Wii U? Xenoblade X?

I doubt we see Metroid Prime 4 until Switch 2 is revealed.

All hopes and dreams since Switch 2 has been allegedly delayed to CY 2025.

I don't they they are doing new branding, the logo seems the same just the fonts are little bit different. They changed the "Direct announcements graphics" little bit since 2019 too and nothing changed.
No that wasn't an actual change, they just pivoted to using the branding that Japan did for their announcement posts. This one has never been used before

If you had told me last year that the first Direct of 2024 would be a Partner, and that it'd arrive later than normal in the 8th week of January, I woulda been like "yeah right"

i wonder why do Nintendo choose to do a partner Showcase, rather then a mini/general Direct? is because they dont have enough first-party for a mini/general Direct? is they be weird as usual?

No that wasn't an actual change, they just pivoted to using the branding that Japan did for their announcement posts. This one has never been used before
Oh yes, you are actually right. Still, I doubt that they would do something new this late in the Switch era but who knows. Maxbe they will change the intro as regular Mini's and Partners are using different intros.

Hmm. Interesting that this isn't considered a Mini. I assume it's because the Mini branding is a bit redundant when "Partner Showcase" already makes it clear what kind of Direct it'll be. "Partner Showcase" seems more fitting as a regular Direct type rather than stuffing "Mini" in there.

Hmm. Interesting that this isn't considered a Mini. I assume it's because the Mini branding is a bit redundant when "Partner Showcase" already makes it clear what kind of Direct it'll be. "Partner Showcase" seems more fitting as a regular Direct type rather than stuffing "Mini" in there.

yeah all it does is dampen enthusiasm for no real reason

How many patterns were broken?

Also the announce text only talks about games focusing on the 1st half. And honestly, feels like we're due for a slow year with nothing much from Nintendo until E3 most likely if we don't get another direct then.

Unless they announce something else in March, like the expected Switch 2 reveal.

Shouldn't this thread by closed now?
Ever since Pyoro shenanigans got to be regular/expected, the new general rule is the Direct Speculation Thread stays open as a spoiler containment thread and the new Direct Announcement/watch Thread will open and be spoiler-free.

And in this case by "spoiler" I mean specifically "Pyoro leaks or similar"

Oh yes, you are actually right. Still, I doubt that they would do something new this late in the Switch era but who knows. Maxbe they will change the intro as regular Mini's and Partners are using different intros.
They're going to have to do something somewhat different to accomodate for Switch 2 AND Switch 1 games being in Directs later on, so maybe this is just geting ahead of that

All will be forgiven when they reveal Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness Remastered by Nightdive Studios.

Welp, my alarm didn’t go off this morning and now I’m hyper-rushing, but at least there’s this news to sustain me!

I love how anticlimactic the Direct reveal was after this site had crashed like twice a day for the past week at the usual announcement time.
Famiboards staff literally said "THANK YOU" to Nintendo HQ.

Really funny how the website crashed with no announcements but when the actual Direct is announced it works perfectly.

I hope that Good-Feel 3D action game gets announced for a western released. That always looked cute.

Between this and whatever comes out of Pokémon Day, we still have plenty of fun on the horizon.

Famiboards staff literally said "THANK YOU" to Nintendo HQ.

Really funny how the website crashed with no announcements but when the actual Direct is announced it works perfectly.
You would think that's what should worry Nintendo more than any perceived drop in stock value lmao

The focus on the first half is interesting but not unexpected. That being said, I do wonder if there's a very simple explanation for the Partner Showcase: Nintendo have already announced almost all their first half titles, or even their slate up to the end of July, and so have no interest in putting together a full Direct. Much like how, with E3 cancelled and their 2022 line up announced, they held a Partner Showcase in June 2022. Next week's Pokemon Presents could also announce not only a major year end title, but a spin off which drops in a couple of months (as happened for Mystery Dungeon back in 2020). Drop release date trailers for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario at some point in the next couple of months, maybe after Peach is out, and they're sorted till a June Direct.

Assuming Nintendo publish an Endless Ocean remaster pack, we'd be looking at something like:

Jan - Another Code Recollection
Feb - Mario vs DK, Splatoon 3 Side Order
March - Princess Peach Showtime
April - Pokemon spin-off
May - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD + Luigi's Mansion 1 Hagi port
June - Endless Ocean
July - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

It's almost entirely old stuff, but it'd leave rumoured stuff like Fire Emblem and the next Pokemon title for the September through December period, assuming recent reports about the successor are true.

So the first Direct of the year is a Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase which has dropped the Mini branding, has been delayed because of a podcast, was announced 2 days in advance and at a not so common hour for Nintendo.

They just said fuck it we are going to act random to confuse them.

I'd guess it got announced today because something else occupies tomorrow's usual announcement spot. Maybe Princess Peach previews, or another trailer, but isn't Pokemon Presents announced a week ahead of Pokemon Day?

Ever since Pyoro shenanigans got to be regular/expected, the new general rule is the Direct Speculation Thread stays open as a spoiler containment thread and the new Direct Announcement/watch Thread will open and be spoiler-free.

And in this case by "spoiler" I mean specifically "Pyoro leaks or similar"
I'll miss this thread. It's been a dependable friend through two slow, tricky months. I'd invite it to my wedding if not for the fact I don't really want it to meet my family.

The focus on the first half is interesting but not unexpected. That being said, I do wonder if there's a very simple explanation for the Partner Showcase: Nintendo have already announced almost all their first half titles, or even their slate up to the end of July, and so have no interest in putting together a full Direct. Much like how, with E3 cancelled and their 2022 line up announced, they held a Partner Showcase in June 2022. Next week's Pokemon Presents could also announce not only a major year end title, but a spin off which drops in a couple of months (as happened for Mystery Dungeon back in 2020). Drop release date trailers for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario at some point in the next couple of months, maybe after Peach is out, and they're sorted till a June Direct.

Assuming Nintendo publish an Endless Ocean remaster pack, we'd be looking at something like:

Jan - Another Code Recollection
Feb - Mario vs DK, Splatoon 3 Side Order
March - Princess Peach Showtime
April - Pokemon spin-off
May - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD + Luigi's Mansion 1 Hagi port
June - Endless Ocean
July - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

It's almost entirely old stuff, but it'd leave rumoured stuff like Fire Emblem and the next Pokemon title for the September through December period, assuming recent reports about the successor are true.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD will be release for "Summer 2024".... May isn't possible ;)

I'd guess it got announced today because something else occupies tomorrow's usual announcement spot. Maybe Princess Peach previews, or another trailer, but isn't Pokemon Presents announced a week ahead of Pokemon Day?
They announced last years on a Tuesday, 2/21. I assume Pokemon Presents gets announced tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom