• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is one singular thing (game) that would make the whole thing an instant 10/10 for yourself ?
My choice would be Zoteboat. I‘ve waited years for it. I‘d be even okay with Team Cherry cancelling Silksong (which thy most likely already have done), if we only got Zoteboat./s

Last Call Summon The Direct Event Day 3 - Partners And Friends
Here we are seemingly for sure at the end of a very long journey of speculation together. Tomorrow is our day whether it’s a Mini or a Mini Partner Showcase. Who knows how cool this show may or may not be, but even if it is on the more low key side, I hope we all get some cool stuff from it. Thanks everyone for such an awesome thread so far. Hanging out with you all is the best part and is what makes these threads such a blast whether we’re chilling together in quiet times or experiencing select moments of pure hype and excitement. I’m really excited to finish the night together strong :)

It’s time now to begin our final countdown! As always to be kind to mobile users, please share one Youtube video per post in our countdown event.

Today’s theme is partners and friends! Yes the power of friendship is the theme of the day! Please share songs that you think speak to the theme of partners and friends. I know it’s a bit abstract compared to set genres, so feel free to get creative and if you think something’s borderline, but you think it’d be fun to share, go for it! We are here to have fun!

My first pick is one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs, Searching For Friends! It replaces the bleak overworld song from the World of Ruin once you have the second airship! This hopeful song points to the power of friendship you seek to reforge to challenge and defeat Kefka. Seems like a fitting start to the night as we barrel towards the seemingly all but officially confirmed Partner Showcase together!

7-8 hours to go! I’m excited to see what songs with the theme of partners and friends y’all pick :)

Damn I missed that, tho it could still be great with good controller support. Link?

It doesn't really matter to me how it turns out cause I won't be able to play it. I'd rather get a Vita for it's exclusive Monkey Ball game at this point cause then I don't have to get a subscription just to play it.

Can we get some love for AEST?
image.png

For an 8 am EST direct.

I'm not sure anything could make it a 10/10 for me, since I don't really use Switch for 3rd party games, and it feels like they covered what they missed out on from that 360/PS3 era for the most part.

That said, I'm pretty content that it's not a general direct only because I don't really want/need more new games announced for this thing. I've been ready to move on since Pikmin 4, arguably sooner. That said, I am very curious to see how they handle MP4 now, since that's basically all there is left to show us presumably.

Today’s theme is partners and friends! Yes the power of friendship is the theme of the day! Please share songs that you think speak to the theme of partners and friends.

Here's "Names That Echo in History," the Explorers Guild theme from Etrian Odyssey IV. It's the music that plays while you're putting your crew together from scratch; the partners that will hopefully see you through many floors of lethal traps and ravenous monsters.

Here we are seemingly for sure at the end of a very long journey of speculation together. Tomorrow is our day whether it’s a Mini or a Mini Partner Showcase. Who knows how cool this show may or may not be, but even if it is on the more low key side, I hope we all get some cool stuff from it. Thanks everyone for such an awesome thread so far. Hanging out with you all is the best part and is what makes these threads such a blast whether we’re chilling together in quiet times or experiencing select moments of pure hype and excitement. I’m really excited to finish the night together strong :)

It’s time now to begin our final countdown! As always to be kind to mobile users, please share one Youtube video per post in our countdown event.

Today’s theme is partners and friends! Yes the power of friendship is the theme of the day! Please share songs that you think speak to the theme of partners and friends. I know it’s a bit abstract compared to set genres, so feel free to get creative and if you think something’s borderline, but you think it’d be fun to share, go for it! We are here to have fun!

My first pick is one of my favorite Final Fantasy songs, Searching For Friends! It replaces the bleak overworld song from the World of Ruin once you have the second airship! This hopeful song points to the power of friendship you seek to reforge to challenge and defeat Kefka. Seems like a fitting start to the night as we barrel towards the seemingly all but officially confirmed Partner Showcase together!

7-8 hours to go! I’m excited to see what songs with the theme of partners and friends y’all pick :)

Looking forward to the hour of truth (or very possibly waking up and finding out the hour of truth already happened). Lot of ups and downs throughout this thread, but it's been fun. And it's exciting to think that by the next direct speculation thread, the Switch 2 may very well have been officially announced

For my money, few songs say partners/friends like the theme for Professor Oak's lab where you meet the starter Pokemon that you're gonna bond with over the course of your journey to be the very best

Here's "Names That Echo in History," the Explorers Guild theme from Etrian Odyssey IV. It's the music that plays while you're putting your crew together from scratch; the partners that will hopefully see you through many floors of lethal traps and ravenous monsters.

Good pick! I never finished it, but I played the most of Etrian Odyssey IV compared to the others and I had a good time with it. Definitely plan to circle back when I focus on my 3DS backlog :)

Looking forward to the hour of truth (or very possibly waking up and finding out the hour of truth already happened). Lot of ups and downs throughout this thread, but it's been fun. And it's exciting to think that by the next direct speculation thread, the Switch 2 may very well have been officially announced

For my money, few songs say partners/friends like the theme for Professor Oak's lab where you meet the starter Pokemon that you're gonna bond with over the course of your journey to be the very best

Ooh great choice! I grew up with Blue so I definitely have some nostalgia here :) Pokemon in general is excellent for the power of partners and friends!

6-7 hours to go! Definitely had to pick the Go Getters Theme from World’s End Club which is very explicitly about how they can overcome any challenge with the power of their friendship. It’s super catchy and hearing the full song during the credits (snippets play throughout the game) makes for a fitting end after they save the day. Wonder if we’ll see Kodaka’s and Uchikoshi’s next team up game in a few hours 👀

Today’s theme is partners and friends! Yes the power of friendship is the theme of the day!

It is used many times in the game, but in the final phase, when this kicks in for the last part of the final boss, right after Sakura delivers her friendship and love speech, that was when the game firmly locked itself in as a masterpiece for me.

Explorers Guild, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of the Sky!

This game brought me to tears so many times.

I like the upbeat theme of this one, many songs in the game have such a melancholic sway to them but this one carries the spirit of working together on something fun!

Last edited:

5-6 hours to go! This song was for the big Persona 3 and 4 team up game and it’s so wonderfully poppy. Kind of speaks to how much fun and how valuable friendship is in life.

I don't even know what plausible third party announcements could excite me

I guess proper remasters of the Sonic Adventure duology but even "plausible" for that doesn't really work there

Was not announced or teased a long time ago a new Etrian Odissey?
It was, and then Atlus basically said "uh yeah, um... it's gonna be a while..." when asked about it last year. To the point where they're apparently looking for development pointers on it from feedback on the recent remasters.

Keep fighting the Bravely fight, I'm with you 🫡
I always will!
I think the Bravely Third ship sailed a long time ago, but bravely 3 / another bravely-related project could totally be the next Asano project.
I think there is still hope. Asano made a poll during the 10th anniversary live stream and asked the fans if they wanted a BD3 or Bravely Third (and Bravely Third won by a lot) + in an interview he said that he had ideas for the game and wanted to do it.

Honestly, for me, it doesn’t need to be Bravely Third, I just need them to put Ringabel in the game and wrap up his storyline. And since the Bravely series has the multiverse going on, I think they can do it in some way.

My final cents on the Partner Showcase are:

Just please let something Shin Megami Tensei appear 🥺😭🙏🏻

But if it's a V sequel I'd be even happier

Or if we get some "that's cheating!" Nintendo game announced

I like third party ports, so I would be happy with something like NieR Replicant remake. They may also show Biomutant, as the port was finished recently as stated in its website and doesn't have a launch date yet.

Today is the day of the death of Famiboards by server crash!
As is tradition! Did we even Direct Speculate if we don’t?

Also real talk, we gotta get more members to justify more server upgrades. Tell your friends to join! Lurkers out there join the fun here and sign up!

Maybe not a perfect link, but another chance to share some love for Xenoblade!

This is one of my favourite pieces of Xenoblade music, and plays during one of my all-time favourite scenes

Guessing the drop happens any time between 1pm and 3pm UK time, so I'll only be home at the tail-end of that and will be able to watch peacefully. Hopefully by the time I'm done Fami will have stopped crashing/raging because it was rubbish/crying with joy because a single Nintendo game appeared.

Alright I've had enough of a day, gonna head to bed now. See yall in uh...
*checks alarm*
bout four hours 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom