• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, at least Nintendo gives me a nice present (even if it's late) with the March announcement, to help me cheer up from the "turned old" downtime at the end of February.

Not sure if this one was shared. This was after his own podcast aired.

Both Partner Direct is mentioned again. Also states again that there is something happening in March.

I mean we know he said he knows the format. People playing games with his “think”. That’s just how he wanted to talk in the video he made. We know what he means.

Please just accept the truth, he would have never said something that could blow up in his face if he wasn't certain that the next direct is a partner's direct, why would he predict something uncommon that never happened before (a partner's direct in the pivotal early year slot) otherwise?

I mean we know he said he knows the format. People playing games with his “think”. That’s just how he wanted to talk in the video he made. We know what he means.
Sure but, the argument could also be made for why not just say the exact same thing you said on a publicly viewable forum in your videos, unless something has changed in recent days or you've received new information that skews your knowledge more to the "I'm pretty sure it's still this but this information could lead me to believe it could also be a General."

We also don't really know (and will never know) what information Nate has to make him believe it's a Partner Showcase. Does he know of a Direct coming and the Switch 2 thing in March, and assumes 1st party stuff will be moved to there therefore the February presentation is a Partner Showcase?

Could it be that he has directly heard from his sources it's a Partner Showcase? Or just only heard from third party sources so far? Who knows

....I think we need to disperse with the whole "Nate has a super special relationship with us that he won't tell the others" mentality
So you think, he cheated us, and told our relationship to the others? I refuse to believe that and am genuine shocked by your lack of trust!

Last edited:
I'm fine with a partner showcase if it means a juicy Switch 2 reveal in march. I'd like to see the console, know how and if it is BC, know something about the specs and getting to know more about games in June.

A partner showcase is fine in this scenario, especially if it has potentially dope games like DQ3, Layton, Silksong etc.

....I think we need to disperse with the whole "Nate has a super special relationship with us that he won't tell the others" mentality
I guess you don’t know. So please spare me. He would’ve corrected the narrative of him saying we’re going to have a Partners Direct

It's ok to believe Nate could be wrong. He is human and can receive bad information from time to time. But it is pretty clear that the information he has matches with a Partner Direct, doesn't make sense to frame it as pure speculation. In fact, if you've been following him for a while, you'll know that in recent times he has been very careful and doesn't use to say what the format will be.

So this is a matter of believing if Nate has the right information or not, not about guessing if Nate it's speculating or it's well informed.

I'm not sure if I'm off base with this and, maybe it's because I do feel like recently we have had more debates before Directs are announced on if they'll do a General, Mini, Partner Showcase, or something else, but I don't really know if receiving a Partner Showcase indicates an earlier Next-Generation Console reveal in the same way where I don't feel like a General Direct would communicate a later than we expect console reveal? I do feel like a General and press release/First Look video could happen within a month of each other because I don't think whatever Nintendo would show off first party wise in a General would be large enough to overshadow anything related to the next console? I do feel like they both a General Direct and reveal of a console do stand alone and, especially if they are weeks between the two, wouldn't take away from each other?

I do see and understand the point related to backwards compatibility but I also feel like this could be communicated early on in the marketing for the console's marketing cycle that it doesn't become an issue to have games announced that are branded "Switch 1" games. I feel like if that was the issue, then we wouldn't have games slated to release following this month as they would all likely coincide with the console being announced? In the same way, I feel like once the marketing for the next console begins, these already announced games do get more subdued marketing, likely with their release dates and smaller trailers. I do wonder, if we aren't getting a General Direct, when Nintendo does plan to announce the dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I could see them doing one (more than likely LM2HD since that already has a season) in the week that will now be between the Partner Showcase and Pokémon Day but, outside of that, I'm not sure when the other one gets released timing, especially if it is Paper Mario that we don't even know a season for yet.

I think I asked this earlier on in the thread but how long do we think Nintendo will continue to support the Switch after the next console releases? If I remember right, the DS and 3DS were just under eight years with first party support and I feel like around the time this next console releases, we'll also be approaching that with the Nintendo Switch (with the console's Holiday 2024 date probably). I am sure they will support it for a little while more (maybe until the fiscal year needs in March or 2025) but the only reason I could see them not wanting to highlight new and announced first party products is if there just isn't a lot more for the Nintendo Switch outside of Pokémon (which likely is at the end of this month, very excited!!!) and they want to space out those reveals to have throughout the year so that those that might not be able to get the console when it releases or may wait a little while before they do still have things to look forward to until next year.

I will just have a slight counterpoint to myself here but, as last year's February 2023 Direct showed, they don't NEED to talk about anything that is slated to release after July until June so it's totally okay to skip a General in favor of a Partner Showcase. However, I will also say that there also isn't really an anchor in the Switch's lineup right now like there was with ToTK and I feel like once Metroid Prime 4 is revealed as cross-generation that almost immediately becomes an anchor point for the next console over the Switch. We likely will get this anchor at the end of the month on Pokémon Day though so, again, they don't need to really say much for the Switch I assume.

I apologize if this came off as a word scramble. I've been trying to get my thoughts straight since the rumor from yesterday began because I do hope it's a General because, even if it ends up being a smaller General, one of my favorite parts of the Direct timeline is seeing everyone speculate and talk that I don't feel like Partner Showcase's really allow us all do to, which, at least to me, will be a huge loss to start the year (though, depending on the form factor of the next console's reveal, if it is a First Look, I presume there will still be some speculation we all can do between the possible "Tune in at 9 AM EST on so and so date to see the future of Nintendo!" post and the First Look being uploaded!!). However, just on a personal note, General Directs do bring me joy and the ability to change my mood instantly to a much more positive outlook so I am a little biased in this discussion of wanting a General Direct haha! :)

It's ok to believe Nate could be wrong. He is human and can receive bad information from time to time. But it is pretty clear that the information he has matches with a Partner Direct, doesn't make sense to frame it as pure speculation. In fact, if you've been following him for a while, you'll know that in recent he has been very careful and doesn't use to say what the format will be.

So this is a matter of believing if Nate has the right information or not, not about guessing if Nate it's speculating or it's well informed.
I mean I believe Nate in what he says, the matter for me lies in being a fan of his here and also a fan of watching his podcast and being confused that he conveys information that (sort of?) conflicts with what he's said here before in knowing the Partner and then doing podcasts where he says he expects it to be a Partner in one and calls it informed speculation in another.

But, I'm pretty sure it's a Partner myself, I believe Nate don't get me wrong!

I'm not sure if I'm off base with this and, maybe it's because I do feel like recently we have had more debates before Directs are announced on if they'll do a General, Mini, Partner Showcase, or something else, but I don't really know if receiving a Partner Showcase indicates an earlier Next-Generation Console reveal in the same way where I don't feel like a General Direct would communicate a later than we expect console reveal? I do feel like a General and press release/First Look video could happen within a month of each other because I don't think whatever Nintendo would show off first party wise in a General would be large enough to overshadow anything related to the next console? I do feel like they both a General Direct and reveal of a console do stand alone and, especially if they are weeks between the two, wouldn't take away from each other?

I do see and understand the point related to backwards compatibility but I also feel like this could be communicated early on in the marketing for the console's marketing cycle that it doesn't become an issue to have games announced that are branded "Switch 1" games. I feel like if that was the issue, then we wouldn't have games slated to release following this month as they would all likely coincide with the console being announced? In the same way, I feel like once the marketing for the next console begins, these already announced games do get more subdued marketing, likely with their release dates and smaller trailers. I do wonder, if we aren't getting a General Direct, when Nintendo does plan to announce the dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I could see them doing one (more than likely LM2HD since that already has a season) in the week that will now be between the Partner Showcase and Pokémon Day but, outside of that, I'm not sure when the other one gets released timing, especially if it is Paper Mario that we don't even know a season for yet.

I think I asked this earlier on in the thread but how long do we think Nintendo will continue to support the Switch after the next console releases? If I remember right, the DS and 3DS were just under eight years with first party support and I feel like around the time this next console releases, we'll also be approaching that with the Nintendo Switch (with the console's Holiday 2024 date probably). I am sure they will support it for a little while more (maybe until the fiscal year needs in March or 2025) but the only reason I could see them not wanting to highlight new and announced first party products is if there just isn't a lot more for the Nintendo Switch outside of Pokémon (which likely is at the end of this month, very excited!!!) and they want to space out those reveals to have throughout the year so that those that might not be able to get the console when it releases or may wait a little while before they do still have things to look forward to until next year.

I will just have a slight counterpoint to myself here but, as last year's February 2023 Direct showed, they don't NEED to talk about anything that is slated to release after July until June so it's totally okay to skip a General in favor of a Partner Showcase. However, I will also say that there also isn't really an anchor in the Switch's lineup right now like there was with ToTK and I feel like once Metroid Prime 4 is revealed as cross-generation that almost immediately becomes an anchor point for the next console over the Switch. We likely will get this anchor at the end of the month on Pokémon Day though so, again, they don't need to really say much for the Switch I assume.

I apologize if this came off as a word scramble. I've been trying to get my thoughts straight since the rumor from yesterday began because I do hope it's a General because, even if it ends up being a smaller General, one of my favorite parts of the Direct timeline is seeing everyone speculate and talk that I don't feel like Partner Showcase's really allow us all do to, which, at least to me, will be a huge loss to start the year (though, depending on the form factor of the next console's reveal, if it is a First Look, I presume there will still be some speculation we all can do between the possible "Tune in at 9 AM EST on so and so date to see the future of Nintendo!" post and the First Look being uploaded!!). However, just on a personal note, General Directs do bring me joy and the ability to change my mood instantly to a much more positive outlook so I am a little biased in this discussion of wanting a General Direct haha! :)
I personally don’t see the correlation between Direct format and hardware reveal, but I just go on with the flow.

And we can’t see a correlation because, for all intents and purposes, timing and content for this Direct may have been hammered a month or two ago, while hardware reveal may have been scheduled much more in advance

So Partner Showcase for sure now?

In the case the March reveal is more than just a video (which imo is likely), then it makes sense to keep any first party news back until then.

And for games than aren't cross-gen, they can just do twitter drops.

OK so sounds like we’re looking at

Feb 15: Partner Showcase
Feb 27: Pokemon Day
March: Switch 2 Reveal

busy busy busy!

Good time to get into DMC once it releases for Switch 2~

Nah, if you want an Itsuno game on Switch 2 early, let's talk about Dragon's Dogma 2!

OK so sounds like we’re looking at

Feb 15: Partner Showcase
*Feb 24: Bonejack's 40th birthday!!!!!!!
Feb 27: Pokemon Day
March: Switch 2 Reveal

busy busy busy!

You missed one event, but i gotchu friend!

I mean I believe Nate in what he says, the matter for me lies in being a fan of his here and also a fan of watching his podcast and being confused that he conveys information that (sort of?) conflicts with what he's said here before in knowing the Partner and then doing podcasts where he says he expects it to be a Partner in one and calls it informed speculation in another.

But, I'm pretty sure it's a Partner myself, I believe Nate don't get me wrong!
But I think maybe we are reading too much into that discrepancy. He said that days ago when asked about a Direct, and I think it was nothing more than a way of saying "I've heard about the Direct, I know exactly what it is but I can't give you a date at this moment", without any concrete information. And when the time to give some concrete information to the general public came, he has been very careful with his words because maybe he is 90% sure, which is a low number when you confront the possibility of suffering all the Internet backslash he has received in the past. He usually knows more than he says and passes actual information as "informed speculation", which I totally understand.

But I think maybe we are reading too much into that discrepancy. He said that days ago when asked about a Direct, and I think it was nothing more than a way of saying "I've hear about the Direct, I know exactly what it is but I can't give you a date at this moment", without any concrete information. And when the time to give some concrete information to the general public came, he has been very careful with his words because maybe he is 90% sure, which is a low number when you confront the possibility of suffering all the Internet backslash he has received in the past. He usually knows more than he says and passes actual information as "informed speculation", which I totally understand.
Hmmm yeah, you're probably right! Sorry Nate if it came across that I was doubting you, been nothing but good to a community that sometimes maybe hasn't been the kindest to you in return in the past

(don't mean Famiboards but.. the elsewheres of the internet mostly)

Sounds like one last Direct of wishing and praying that Metroid Prime 4 doesn't show up... Feels like I've been doing this for at least two years now.

God, we're so close now to the Switch 2 reveal. Don't waste MP4 on a standard Direct for Switch 1, not at the final hurdle! It's gotta be a properly crossgen game, it just has to. It will be the most crushing disappointment since the TotK reveal if it isn't.

The results of my back examination.
Oh, I have those already - got a source at your doctor's office.

I did notice something a little weird about your X-ray, though...

ZRnUUBp.png

I still want a new 3D DK so bad x( I really hope this happens next gen. I really do love the classic Country games, but nothing would be more hype than a Mario Odyssey-esque DK experience for me. Even just DK64 on NSO would make my day :(

I mean they have done fine advertising in the switch era...
I still remember when a common opinion of nintendo was that they sucked at marketing and they sucked at running a business and making consoles and they were only good at making videogames.

I still remember when a common opinion of nintendo was that they sucked at marketing and they sucked at running a business and making consoles and they were only good at making videogames.
And now you know why they were laughing at Microsoft offering to buy them: They‘ve landed a big hit with Switch, while Microsoft prepares to leave console business.

I think it's too early for a new Hyrule Warriors game based on Tears of the Kingdom. TOTK just came out, so the next Warriors game would have started development before a lot of the stuff from TOTK was finalized.
Counterpoint:

A Hyrule Warriors that's basically more akin to a true sequel to AoC "Now with some Tears of the Kingdom!" is something that I could definitely see being worked on largely alongside the main game. It would be effectively like any other "franchise" Musou KT's worked on over the years, where the sequel has the characters/content from "the latest arc/series" added to the mix. See the Gundam and One Piece Warriors games for what I mean.

After all, the benefit of AoC being an "Good Ending AU/Alternate Timeline" is that you don't need to be but so concerned with everything the main game is doing, and just let Omega Force go nuts. Just find a way to add in Rauru, Sonia, Mineru (ideally, both as herself and a mech), Tulin, Ganondorf and Twinrova as the main attractions. Oh, and since he was a total no show in TOTK, why not just say "the reason why was because he got summoned to the other timeline" like Teba n'em were last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom