• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the partner tomorrow and the Pokemon Presents, I imagine we'll have a decent amount to chew on and discuss. Follow up in early March (perhaps even on the Switch's 7th anniversary?) after a brief reprieve sounds good to me. A moment to recharge and head into a new direct speculation thread with the knowledge of Pokemon's holiday game and key third party games behind us. If they are waiting until April for the next/last general Switch 1 Direct, I'd also think they're likely to reveal the release dates of LM2HD and PMTTYD before then. So it'll be interesting heading into April after PPST.

I'm thinking the April Direct is 100% a Mini. It has to be, right? There's no way we get a Partner Showcase, an Indieworld, and a General Direct in the span of a month. April is just a weird month to have a Direct in general.
I am gonna assume mini just to be realistic. There's an argument that Nintendo might go big if they want to show off all the Switch stuff for the rest of the year. Especially if the delayed hardware spooked their bookkeepers.

What are you talking about? I'm not watching any such direct with you. Not going to be hosting one either if that's what you're thinking.

“Throughout history, shields have been shattered, swords have been broken, and yet none could match the sound of Rareware’s exploding heart when faced with the rejection of being a Partner.”

We're all crazy. Even so?

megzero-36.png

If Hi-Fi Rush is getting ported, I hope there's cross-save. I Steam-shared it with my partner and I don't wanna lose an entire playthrough's worth of unlocks

I would love more then anything for this Xbox game to be Hi Fi, but who’s to say this won’t just be that pentiment game

I mean, Pyoro liked Grubb's tweet about the direct getting delayed because of the Xbox thing like a week ago, so this doesn't really feel like a new development. Guess it's more explicit now, but we know how Pyoro uses likes to soft-confirm when people get things "right"

Anyway, I'm only really expecting Pentiment, but it'd be pretty neat if they manage to shadowdrop Hi-Fi Rush a second time

Quoted by: Ab
Damn, guess I'm eating crow on this. I can't believe MS was planning to announce first party ports and deal with the fallout later.
I really don’t think it means that. The chances of Microsoft picking the exact day Nintendo was going to announce their game makes 0 sense. And the all knowing bird (Pyoro) had no knowledge of any direct last week.

I really don’t think it means that. The chances of Microsoft picking the exact day Nintendo was going to announce their game makes 0 sense. And the all knowing bird (Pyoro) had no knowledge of any direct last week.
The presentation was originally planned for late Feb/March. Leaks forced them to move it up two weeks, but if they didn't the Direct would have gone first.

Pyoro just liked Nate's tweet:

Edit: Also I might be misremembering, but this might be Nate's and Pyoro's first interaction?

Damn, guess I'm eating crow on this. I can't believe MS was planning to announce first party ports and deal with the fallout later.
I don't think there would have been that much fallout if the dam hadn't burst entirely and flooded the zone with rumors of literally everything (Starfield/Indiana Jones/Gears) going multiplat and Xbox possibly leaving hardware entirely

If they had played it like they did with the Ori games, where they just announced out of nowhere that Hi-Fi or Pentiment (maybe both) were going to Switch, I think the vibe would have been generally positive and they could have carried that energy into a "glad you're excited, we're actually gonna do this with a few more games over the next year or so" announcement. But instead all the xbox stan twitter accounts started losing their shit real quick and Xbox had to ask Nintendo if they could call an audible and get out ahead of the announcement with their own messaging first

Last edited:
I refuse to fucking believe that switch can run sea of thieves but not hi fi rush
It can probably "run" HFR, but it's a combination of two genres that need consistent high framerates to function (less so for the action part but ESPECIALLY for the rhythm part), which is why the Xbox One version was canned and the #1 culprit in stopping a Switch port

This is why I listen to insiders. They know what they’re talking about. It was discussed it was delayed because MICROSOFT had some games they would announce that would be in the Partners presentation. Microsoft moved their podcast up which made Nintendo had to move the direct back.

It was 100% delayed

Looking back at The Verge's article:

Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell me the first two titles will be Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment, followed by Sea of Thieves and Grounded. Spencer claims there hasn’t been a change to the company doing Xbox exclusives, yet, at the same time, he also thinks there will be fewer console exclusives across the industry over the next decade.
In theory I'd like to imagine Hi-Ri Rush getting announced along with Pentiment tomorrow, the timing feels right going by above and also the datamines with the PS5 and Switch shirts.

Thanks everyone for voting in the final poll above. After seeing the results at ostensibly a tie, staff has decided we will be ending the thread as originally planned to give everyone a short break. After the Direct finishes airing (roughly 6:30 AM-ish), this thread will close. Speculating Nintendo in the meantime will continue in General Discussion and in the March thread the plans for the next speculation thread will be decided there with a rough goal for now to launch in mid March.
Since this has turned into the direct speculation leak thread, should it at least stay open for the Pokemon presents? Or does that thread not care if the presents has a leak?

I always kinda believed in the delay because insiders are pretty much rock solid on timing

like if natedrake says something is happening on a day something is happening that day

Since this has turned into the direct speculation leak thread, should it at least stay open for the Pokemon presents? Or does that thread not care if the presents has a leak?
I’ll pass this question up for discussion.

Personally asking, have leaks come out yet? Historically I don’t believe there has been demand for separate threads.

I had taken a break for the day to focus on stuff due to how crazy my headaches were the last few days, also new hype avatar, Darth Horace.

Endless Ocean, never heard of it but I have subnautica ih my backlog so I may be interested in it. Seems like my kind of game.

Pentiment is an odd one as it came out when I was dealing with health stuff affecting my ability to play games so I couldn’t play it. I would definitely take a break from my backlog to play it oh switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom