• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the servers were being fed into a woodchipper yesterday afternoon, I do think an upgrade is needed. God Forbid something of actual importance happens next time.

Anyway, I think that serves as a reminder of overhyping a Nintendo Direct that wasn't confirmed to happen. Eggs on our faces.

Anyway, I believe a Nintendo Direct is still happening, the Sea of Thieves maintenence at least implies that to me, but I legit have no clue anymore. We might honestly see the Switch 2 as early as this month if we don't see anything next week.
when's the sea of thieves maintenance? 😮

I think the only funnier outcome than us managing to nearly grind the site to a halt over absolutely nothing would be that happening and then the servers miraculously surviving a console reveal.
Tbh I could see the servers barely surviving the console reveal. There's a lot of new traffic here as people find that Nate and Necro are active, as well as finding the Hardware thread. Will these new users be on here reacting to the new console, or would they be elsewhere like Reddit or Discord where they're probably more active? My guess is the second. Either way, the servers are in for a world of pain.

Some people exhibited really shitty behaviour towards insiders and they got taken care of accordingly by the mods. Really tiring to see, but the community at large spoke up against such behaviour in a way that I personally am quite proud of.

/Dadjack mode on

I'm proud of you, kids.

/Dadjack mode off

So what's the consensus now, Direct next week or are we waiting until March for possible successor announcement?

From what i get, the most likely thing is delayed Direct due to MS being dumbdumb, March reveal still on.

Tbh I could see the servers barely surviving the console reveal. There's a lot of new traffic here as people find that Nate and Necro are active, as well as finding the Hardware thread. Will these new users be on here reacting to the new console, or would they be elsewhere like Reddit or Discord where they're probably more active? My guess is the second. Either way, the servers are in for a world of pain.
tenor.gif

What are the chances that MS did get the Direct delayed and Nintendo just delayed everything by 24 hours? I know these videos don't typically drop on Fridays but MS doesn't typically intervene either.

Act II – Rebirth
I was going to just comment on the cute update to the topic title, but considering there’s a whole lore dump…

Hmm, considering that historical Direct summons have involved some sort of user tribute (and a casting animation longer than the longest known Smash 64 competitive tourney match, let alone a standard Supernova) - something is amiss causing fates to change. Whoever has the idea to sacrifice the Direct instead may have a point…

No matter what, we shall fight further. Trust in the light and trust the process™️

Direct next week.
Pokémon presents the week after.
Then we are already in one of the two March weeks before GDC with Switch 2 reveal maybe…

Exciting weeks ahead.

Bet time:

Will we read comments on the internet how at least one of the game(s) Game Freak has in the upcoming Pokemon Presents will look "suspiciously good" for a Game Freak Switch game?

The winners get bragging rights, the losers have lost, that's it.

So next week if not a shadow drop today?
Apparently. It isn't impossible for it to be today, a delay by a day makes sense, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Frankly if we don't get a Nintendo Direct at all next week, we may as well just give up on having a Nintendo Direct this side of a Switch 2 announcement.

Bet time:

Will we read comments on the internet how at least one of the game(s) Game Freak has in the upcoming Pokemon Presents will look "suspiciously good" for a Game Freak Switch game?

So you mean PS3 level graphics? Impossible.

Bet time:

Honestly, a Switch 2 announcement before a Pokemon presents makes sense for this reason. I've discussed it outside of this thread, but Game Freak more than likely has a planned release for the Switch 2, either a next-gen patch for SV or a remake for Switch 2. Either way, it wouldn't be an awful idea to have it revealed before Pokemon Day.

However, it should be stressed that "suspiciously good" is a low bar for Game Freak. If they can make a game that looks half as good and stable as something like... idk... Fire Emblem Three Houses, we'd consider that a miracle.

It's a shame March 3rd is a Sunday because March 3rd 2024 as the reveal for the successor would be neat.
That'd be a killer reveal date, but in my guess for a reveal date (if it isn't before Pokemon day) would either be the 7th or 14th of March. Both are Thursday dates and happen a fair bit before GDC 2024. If Princess Peach Showtime! is a concern, the 7th and 14th are still a week or more before that game releases, giving it the space to breath and sell in its own time.

Now, if there's a direct next week and it has Microsoft games in it. It will definitely be announced before hand, Nintendo will probably use the hype itself to promote the presentation.

It's a shame March 3rd is a Sunday because March 3rd 2024 as the reveal for the successor would be neat.

Well i'm sure Nintendo has the money to pay those sunday and holiday rates this one day! ;D

But personally, i'm at March 10th to 12th.

Apparently. It isn't impossible for it to be today, a delay by a day makes sense, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Frankly if we don't get a Nintendo Direct at all next week, we may as well just give up on having a Nintendo Direct this side of a Switch 2 announcement.
I'd be surprised if they have anything of note other than a new non-legends spin off sequel or remake, so I don't think we'll see anything too good looking for Switch. Plus, even if we do see something that's "too good", it could just be another New Pokemon Snap situation where a game is handled by a company with actual time and resources at their disposal.

Edit: welp this was supposed to be in response to Bonejack's question about a Pokemon game looking "suspiciously" good. But I'm on mobile and about to sleep so fixing the quote would be a Herculean task. And thus the shame arrives.

I was going to just comment on the cute update to the topic title, but considering there’s a whole lore dump…

Hmm, considering that historical Direct summons have involved some sort of user tribute (and a casting animation longer than the longest known Smash 64 competitive tourney match, let alone a standard Supernova) - something is amiss causing fates to change. Whoever has the idea to sacrifice the Direct instead may have a point…

No matter what, we shall fight further. Trust in the light and trust the process™️
Direct thread lore runs deep, but yes always trust in the light and #TrustTheProcess. They will guide us well :)

I'd be surprised if they have anything of note other than a new non-legends spin off sequel or remake, so I don't think we'll see anything too good looking for Switch. Plus, even if we do see something that's "too good", it could just be another New Pokemon Snap situation where a game is handled by a company with actual time and resources at their disposal.
Fair enough. I also think Pokemon Company is generally going through an identity crisis after the utter critical backlash of Pokemon SV (as evidenced by the reports of them changing track on their plans), so we might see more companies get access to the IP so GF can have time to make a game that doesn't collapse under the weight of development time and ambition. Really does depend on how much work they put into a title since 2022 though. Gonna be a very weird Pokemon presents this year.
@SoldierDelta my bad with the wrong reply lmao, mobile tricked me and I guess it got the wrong post.
No problem. To er is human and all... that and mobile devices fucking suck lmfao.

Honestly, a Switch 2 announcement before a Pokemon presents makes sense for this reason. I've discussed it outside of this thread, but Game Freak more than likely has a planned release for the Switch 2, either a next-gen patch for SV or a remake for Switch 2. Either way, it wouldn't be an awful idea to have it revealed before Pokemon Day.

However, it should be stressed that "suspiciously good" is a low bar for Game Freak. If they can make a game that looks half as good and stable as something like... idk... Fire Emblem Three Houses, we'd consider that a miracle.
Patches may be possible, as with some EPD games. But personally I don't expect TPC to release anything specifically for Switch 2 at the start of the console's lifecycle. There may be some cross-gen or, as I said earlier, just Switch 2 patches, but I honestly don't expect any Pokémon-related Switch 2 exclusives until Gen 10.

Patches may be possible, as with some EPD games. But personally I don't expect TPC to release anything specifically for Switch 2 at the start of the console's lifecycle. There may be some cross-gen or, as I said earlier, just Switch 2 patches, but I honestly don't expect any Pokémon-related Switch 2 exclusives until Gen 10.
I'm mainly expecting either a spin-off or a sequel to a spin-off (like a Pokken 2 or something). Patches are also likely. I've still got this weird feeling that Nintendo are going to have "waves" of next-gen patches where games get upgraded in resolution and framerate in batches revealed in a video every couple of months (akin to NSO's update videos), but we'll have to see. Either way, Pokemon SV would highly benefit from one. That's probably the biggest thing that'll happen to Pokemon for a while though, at least until they've had adequate time to develop a game that doesn't crumble under itself and the new hardware.

Even tho it's not coming this week, Nintendo is gonna be super cool and announce the Direct for next week in a few hours, I can feel it.

I honestly don't think the Pokémon games will improve. The Unova remake will be just as bad as BDSP, and even if gen10 was exclusive to Switch 2, I don't have high hopes for it unless GF abandons the garbage engine.

I do think GF/TPC can kind of get away with not changing things very much until it starts hurting sales, which... I mean, if the next Gen sells as well as S/V, let's just say that won't be much of a concern.

I honestly don't think the Pokémon games will improve. The Unova remake will be just as bad as BDSP, and even if gen10 was exclusive to Switch 2, I don't have high hopes for it unless GF abandons the garbage engine.
If it gives a bit of hope, Nintendo does seem to be slowly transitioning over to Unreal Engine as time goes on. If Game Freak jumps ship to that engine, we might see slightly more stable games in the future on the Switch 2. Not high hopes, and Game Freak isn't at the mercy of Nintendo's choices as a whole, but we might see some progress if the right call is made.

Pokemon! Let's Go looks good. Arceus has a pleasant artstyle imo, definitely more so than Three Houses, but it's not polished enough.

Last time a Direct was delayed like half of the third party stuff leaked. So color me skeptical that they pulled it off perfectly this time. Even if there was a couple days more to notify partners, surely at least one chain would be weak enough to break.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I can’t believe the totally real and definitely happening Ace Attorney 7 reveal had to be delayed because Microsoft can’t stop stepping on rakes.
Corporate America ruins everything it touches
Why does Grubb think plans have changed with prime 4?
He received a tip that Prime 4 marketing would start in May, but since he received that information a considerable time ago, possibly being inaccurate intel by now
I'm so gay for reading this in Frozen 2's "Some Things Never Change" song xDDDD

I made an agreement with myself that I wouldn't dig into FFVIIR until the whole series is done (and I'm relieved they said it'd just be a trilogy) but something I've been wondering about lately: With the first entry being "Remake" and the second being "Rebirth," what "Re" is the third one gonna be? 🤔

I know its like the most inconsequential of minutiae but the Wachowskis did something really similar with The Matrix series so it kinda stands out to me 😅
If you remove Re from Remake, you get make. Do the same for Rebirth, and you get birth. That's kinda how new lives are formed: you make them, they are birthed and they live.

Maybe the last one is Relive? Didn't they also suggest that the end portions of the original FFVII would stay the same for the third and last chapter? So you get to Relieve that part of the original game.

Final Fantasy VII Reli(e)ved
Just noticed this xD

In fact, I can't wait for this to be over!

I'm getting tired of seeing so much contradictory information about the next Direct (date, format, etc).

Starting in March, we have on Switch :

• Princess Peach Showtime
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Paper Mario TTYD

And that's it !

I wish Nintendo had reassured Switch owners (140+ million) before talking about Switch 2, which will arrive in September or October 2024. We can talk about cross-gen afterwards, it doesn't change a thing.

I don't think Nintendo's communication is very good.

There's a lot of talk about March, but we don't know what the Switch 2 reveal will look like. I hope they'll do a real Direct where they'll unveil the console AND the games. If Nintendo talks about the games much later then it's even sadder than I thought.

In fact, I can't wait for this to be over!

I'm getting tired of seeing so much contradictory information about the next Direct (date, format, etc).

Starting in March, we have on Switch :

• Princess Peach Showtime
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Paper Mario TTYD

And that's it !

I wish Nintendo had reassured Switch owners (140+ million) before talking about Switch 2, which will arrive in September or October 2024. We can talk about cross-gen afterwards, it doesn't change a thing.

I don't think Nintendo's communication is very good.

There's a lot of talk about March, but we don't know what the Switch 2 reveal will look like. I hope they'll do a real Direct where they'll unveil the console AND the games. If Nintendo talks about the games much later then it's even sadder than I thought.
Especially if you think about that they haven‘t communicated about Switch 2 at all, besides saying that rumors circulating on „certain places on the internet“ (translation: famiboards) are „not true“.

For all intents and purposes, Nintendo doesn't have to reassure current existing Switch owners of the present hardware's future because, for Nintendo, the Switch 2 doesn't exist xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom