• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

What I don't understand.

There are announcements for third-party games in the General and Mini. Why does it have to be a Partner Showcase? :)
I completely agree with what you're saying here where, I do still feel like they likely have enough information that, if they wanted to, they could make it a pretty good Mini or General Direct and, at least for me, I haven't ruled it out! The one thing I felt like or am leaning towards them doing a Partner Showcase was just because, with the assumption we are near the reveal of the next console, they might have much of their focus there right now in terms of planning events and a reveal for the console, where it's possible they just see that it's better to keep their focus on that then split their teams (though, with a Mini, this would be less of a worry!). I do think there might be a general assumption that Nintendo may reveal a Switch 1 game with the Switch 2(?) for example and, for me, if we don't get a General or Mini as the next Direct, I kinda wouldn't be surprised if soon after the reveal of the next console (April maybe?), they do have a Mini (or even a General) prepared that mainly is focused on the Switch 1 to detail what it's year will ultimately look like. However, I do feel like everything might be on the table in general! I apologize for rambling here!!

I completely agree with what you're saying here where, I do still feel like they likely have enough information that, if they wanted to, they could make it a pretty good Mini or General Direct and, at least for me, I haven't ruled it out! The one thing I felt like or am leaning towards them doing a Partner Showcase was just because, with the assumption we are near the reveal of the next console, they might have much of their focus there right now in terms of planning events and a reveal for the console, where it's possible they just see that it's better to keep their focus on that then split their teams (though, with a Mini, this would be less of a worry!). I do think there might be a general assumption that Nintendo may reveal a Switch 1 game with the Switch 2(?) for example and, for me, if we don't get a General or Mini as the next Direct, I kinda wouldn't be surprised if soon after the reveal of the next console (April maybe?), they do have a Mini (or even a General) prepared that mainly is focused on the Switch 1 to detail what it's year will ultimately look like. However, I do feel like everything might be on the table in general! I apologize for rambling here!!

So you think there'll be a Partner Showcase and a real Direct (General or Mini) later on after Switch 2 is revealed? :)

Xeno 3 DLC for me! I won't play it right away though, as I'm first diving into Side Order next week.

You?

Probably Splatoon 3. It’s bound to be super fun to jump back into the franchise again after having not touched Splatoon 2 in five years. I’m hard into Side Order after the overview trailer, it really just looks too good to pass on.

We have a new poll! How are you doing? :)

I’m positive overall! We’ll try again next week and if not next week, we’re in it for a March reveal, and if not March reveal, we’ll rely on each other for mutual encouragement that it’ll be fine.

Hmm, so thinking about the Direct being delayed, I wonder if the Side Order and/or Peach trailers were cut from it at the last minute because neither of those could really wait until next week (Side Order releases too soon, and I think there's supposedly some sort of preview embargo for Peach?). The release of the Peach trailer did seem pretty uncoordinated, but that could have just been a mistake.

It's an interesting possibility to think about. Probably impossible to prove if that actually happened, though (even in a Partner Showcase scenario, since Peach is probably an external project judging by the choice of engine).

Vibing + thinking "Oh shit, Rebirth is soon" every couple days 🦍💨
I made an agreement with myself that I wouldn't dig into FFVIIR until the whole series is done (and I'm relieved they said it'd just be a trilogy) but something I've been wondering about lately: With the first entry being "Remake" and the second being "Rebirth," what "Re" is the third one gonna be? 🤔

I know its like the most inconsequential of minutiae but the Wachowskis did something really similar with The Matrix series so it kinda stands out to me 😅

I made an agreement with myself that I wouldn't dig into FFVIIR until the whole series is done (and I'm relieved they said it'd just be a trilogy) but something I've been wondering about lately: With the first entry being "Remake" and the second being "Rebirth," what "Re" is the third one gonna be? 🤔

I know its like the most inconsequential of minutiae but the Wachowskis did something really similar with The Matrix series so it kinda stands out to me 😅
Yeah I originally thought Reunion but Crisis Core got that. Requiem, Rewind, Revengeance, Redemption...

Reimagination
Regeneration
Remembrance
Redeath
Research
Reiteration
Rebuilding
Reunion
Rebeginning
Reinforcment
Rejection
Refinalization
Resistance
Return
Redemption
Requiem
Revange
Rearrangement
Relief

I could go on infinitely, more than enough for many new FF7 Re- Trilogies.

Last edited:
Reimagination
Regeneration
Remembrance
Redeath
Research
Reiteration
Rebuilding
Reunion
Rebeginning
Reinforcment
Rejection
Refinalization
Resistance
Return
Redemption
Requiem
Revange
Rearrangement
Relief

I could go on infinitely, more than enough for many new FF7 Re- Trilogies.

It’s probably going to be another Nomura-ism.

Final Fantasy VII RE:Maxi/AnimA

Last time a Direct was delayed like half of the third party stuff leaked. So color me skeptical that they pulled it off perfectly this time. Even if there was a couple days more to notify partners, surely at least one chain would be weak enough to break.

We have a new poll! How are you doing? :)
Vibing. A bit sleepy as I caught some bad sleep at night, but overall good. As for the Direct, I can wait, as I have Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed II and Splatoon 3 to play in the meantime, so I feel some what relaxed. Last day of work too, so I'm taking it easy. 😎

So how we feeling about a Direct next week?

....too soon?
Nah, if they delayed one they won't wait longer than a week to release it. The longer they wait, the more chance the information in it is out of date or out of sync with broader marketing plans. I think next Tuesday through Thursday is the window; perhaps even Tuesday so it happens one week ahead of a probable Pokemon Presents.

Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth Begins!
Act II – Rebirth

February 15th 2024 is a date that shall live in infamy. If you were there in those early morning hours, when our hopes and hype burned brightest, you know the tale well. It was absolutely beautiful and yet absolutely tragic. Our summoning ritual for the Nintendo Direct had counted down the hours each step of the way for three days now and the powers of Rumors, Vocals, and Friendship were all successfully channeled. The vibes were good and with the first window passed, our energy exponentially exploded. This was it! This was our time! The post count accelerated and we blew past Page 280, the promised page. Things got wobbly all around us, the Yeah! button stopped working, and our speculation energy was at its peak! As the servers melted down from our collective force, a tweet emerged from the chaos as we ticked over into a new hour to usher in the bitter end. It was Splatoon! Oh no! Not now!

And then there was silence. The world paused as the website broke.

Emerging from the chaos, we checked for survivors. What had happened? Was our energy not enough? Some still clung to some hope or perhaps were riding off the high of our excitement.

An hour passed and once again there was silence. We broke the website a second time.

That was silly. But the day was done. Our collective energy was not enough. Summoning the Direct was unsuccessful…

And so closed Act I of Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| What Lies Beyond The Door?

But here we are now! A whole new world of Speculation awaits! This is it! This is Act II of our story – Rebirth! It’s time to start fresh, move forward, and begin charting the next leg of our journey! Where will it take us? Is it merely around the corner next week? Or perhaps our next show will be a Switch 2 software showcase in a later month? Who can say, but ourselves!

It is time to once again begin speculating with kindness and care in our hearts. A Nintendo Direct is out there, with new smoke and signs to uncover and interpret that point to its existence, release, and contents. For any rumors and insider information that are part of this, please remember there’s no reason to be dismissive and rude to others or to be weirdly attached both in favor of or against video game news, rumors, speculation or even games themselves that may not pan out. The golden rule continues to be above all else to always be kind to each other so we can have a fun time discussing games and hanging out together!

It's time to recommit to bringing the hype and enjoying speculating together! Let’s do this :)

Act II – Rebirth

February 15th 2024 is a date that shall live in infamy. If you were there in those early morning hours, when our hopes and hype burned brightest, you know the tale well. It was absolutely beautiful and yet absolutely tragic. Our summoning ritual for the Nintendo Direct had counted down the hours each step of the way for three days now and the powers of Rumors, Vocals, and Friendship were all successfully channeled. The vibes were good and with the first window passed, our energy exponentially exploded. This was it! This was our time! The post count accelerated and we blew past Page 280, the promised page. Things got wobbly all around us, the Yeah! button stopped working, and our speculation energy was at its peak! As the servers melted down from our collective force, a tweet emerged from the chaos as we ticked over into a new hour to usher in the bitter end. It was Splatoon! Oh no! Not now!

Emerging from the chaos, we checked for survivors. What had happened? Was our energy not enough? Some still clung to some hope or perhaps were riding off the high of our excitement.

An hour passed and once again there was silence. We broke the website a second time.

That was silly. But the day was done. Our collective energy was not enough. Summoning the Direct was unsuccessful…

And so closed Act I of Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| What Lies Beyond The Door?

But here we are now! A whole new world of Speculation awaits! This is it! This is Act II of our story – Rebirth! It’s time to start fresh, move forward, and begin charting the next leg of our journey! Where will it take us? Is it merely around the corner next week? Or perhaps our next show will be a Switch 2 software showcase in a later month? Who can say, but ourselves!

It is time to once again begin speculating with kindness and care in our hearts. A Nintendo Direct is out there, with new smoke and signs to uncover and interpret that point to its existence, release, and contents. For any rumors and insider information that are part of this, please remember there’s no reason to be dismissive and rude to others or to be weirdly attached both in favor of or against video game news, rumors, speculation or even games themselves that may not pan out. The golden rule continues to be above all else to always be kind to each other so we can have a fun time discussing games and hanging out together!

It's time to recommit to bringing the hype and enjoying speculating together! Let’s do this :)
I‘m looking forward to the day when our servers are strong enough to create a direct out of thin air, with the sheer force of guests and that without exploding. I can already smell it, it isn‘t far away. Wait is that the smell of burning servers…

Okay i'm not reading through lemme count again ... 16 pages since yesterday evening.

Any interesting thing that i might want to know?

Oh and after reading up on what MS's podcast was about, i will choose to believe Nintendo simply doesn't have a Direct this month.

That thought gives me a better feeling than Nintendo playing along with MS being dumb dumb, dragging this whole mess of communication out for almost 2 weeks, ending with scheduling their own lackluster thing on the worst possible day and have Nintendo likely do MORE work to delay their Direct than they did for their podcast.

Okay i'm not reading through lemme count again ... 16 pages since yesterday evening.

Oh and after reading up on what MS's podcast was about, i will choose to believe Nintendo simply doesn't have a Direct this month.

That thought gives me a better feeling than Nintendo playing along with MS being dumb dumb, dragging this whole mess of communication out for almost 2 weeks, ending with scheduling their own lackluster thing on the worst possible day and have Nintendo likely do MORE work to delay their Direct than they did for their podcast.
„A delayed direct is eventually good, but a rushed on is bad forever.“
-Shigeru Miyamoto

I‘m looking forward to the day when our servers are strong enough to create a direct out of thin air, with the sheer force of guests and that without exploding. I can already smell it, it isn‘t far away. Wait is that the smell of burning servers…
Our new member count is going up so hopefully a server upgrade will happen in the near future (it's officially being considered at least if you check site suggestions). No matter how much they improve though, something tells me we'll always find a way to break them haha.

Our new member count is going up so hopefully a server upgrade will happen in the near future (it's officially being considered at least if you check site suggestions). No matter how much they improve though, something tells me we'll always find a way to break them haha.

Look, i'm willing to be a "Founder" again if that's what it takes for better stability.

I legit think the site will be totally shot down for hours the days when Nintendo officially talks about Switch 2. ^^

Considering the servers were being fed into a woodchipper yesterday afternoon, I do think an upgrade is needed. God Forbid something of actual importance happens next time.

Anyway, I think that serves as a reminder of overhyping a Nintendo Direct that wasn't confirmed to happen. Eggs on our faces.

Anyway, I believe a Nintendo Direct is still happening, the Sea of Thieves maintenence at least implies that to me, but I legit have no clue anymore. We might honestly see the Switch 2 as early as this month if we don't see anything next week.

Considering the servers were being fed into a woodchipper yesterday afternoon, I do think an upgrade is needed. God Forbid something of actual importance happens next time.

Anyway, I think that serves as a reminder of overhyping a Nintendo Direct that wasn't confirmed to happen. Eggs on our faces.

Anyway, I believe a Nintendo Direct is still happening, the Sea of Thieves maintenence at least implies that to me, but I legit have no clue anymore. We might honestly see the Switch 2 as early as this month if we don't see anything next week.
Let‘s creat #Team-Sacrifice-the-Direct-for-Switch-2.

Act II – Rebirth

tenor.gif

Final Fantasy VII Reaction

hhEdCio.png

After they removed that translation error:

Final Fantasy VII Retcon

Some people exhibited really shitty behaviour towards insiders and they got taken care of accordingly by the mods. Really tiring to see, but the community at large spoke up against such behaviour in a way that I personally am quite proud of.

I think the only funnier outcome than us managing to nearly grind the site to a halt over absolutely nothing would be that happening and then the servers miraculously surviving a console reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom