• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Is this person trying to say something is about to happen?

Is this person even in the know? lol.

tetris-miss.gif

I'm in agreement that they could go larger with the Switch Next as well, bc they're no longer focused on making handheld consoles that have keychain holes attached. They make something that feels comfortable to an iPad user, which has a larger range. They've already gone a bit bigger with the SWOLED, and I won't be surprised if the Asus ROG Ally is the new form factor.
Ya it had never even crossed my mind that Nintendo could go big-boy sized and then, when I considered it I thought…well that actually might be a brilliant move.
  • More performance (more 4K ready if that’s what the marketing will be)
  • Bigger battery to enable higher ground floor while portable
  • Better ergonomics
  • Differentiated from predecessor
  • Communicates power increase
  • Goes with 8in screen rumor
  • Hardcore / early adopters first anyway will eat it up
  • Leaves room for huge early mid-gen spike with Slim (ie current size switch) revision (lite didn’t do super great)
  • Could explain dev kit take backs if this was a course change from a refined current switch form factor

I know Centro's track record is iffy, though this isn't their information. It comes from "Riddler_Khu.". It looks like Black and White remakes could happen next year.
Original Source
A little more context (YT Video)

If this is accurate, then I think this means the launch of new hardware isn't in November 2024, which is the probable month such games would be released (They tend to have yearly mainline releases, it's been three years since BDSP, the team who worked on that could easily be "ready" to release another set of remakes next year.). I don't see them releasing a system the same month we get these remakes. They've never launched a system with a mainline Pokemon game before, let alone a remake of one. I think people either heard or are expecting the 3D Mario to be the launch game if it isn't Prime 4, and I don't think they would want to cram a 3D Mario, Black and White remakes, and a new console release in the same month, especially if they want to avoid stock problems. I don't think people were expecting it to be in November anyway, for the most part.

If Riddler_Khu has a spotty history as well, please let me know. I'm pretty sure they don't, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm of the expectation that Game Freak is not going to go Next-gen until the next Pokemon gen.

I wouldn't be suprised if the next mainline game that's not a new gen would be on the next-gen system, but remakes are staying on the Switch.

People love Black and White and they might do that plain ass remake for them too? Give me a damn break. Pathetic if it ends up true

The amount of hype and excitement people had for years leading up to the Diamond and Pearl remakes were off the charts.

And look how those games turned out.

But since they sold 15+ million copies there's no reason for them to do anything more than the minimum effort for Black/White remakes.

You know this isn't the moment to do these hints, this forum is going crazy waiting for Switch 2 news.

Tell us what you know
I don't think they know anything, their gifs are reflecting the endless wait for Switch 2 news.

I don't think they know anything, their gifs are reflecting the endless wait for Switch 2 news.

If he is just doing it for fun than he's playing the wrong game lol.

Should I take him back to early Wii U and NX days?

Because Smash includes third-party characters, which heavily complicates matters. Doing a port wouldn’t be much different from a new game from a legal standpoint since…

And since Smash Ultimate sold like hotcakes on a system that itself sold like hotcakes, that diminishes the potential audience you could sell a deluxe port to. This becomes even worse when you’ll likely still be able to play Ultimate on the Switch 2 via BC.
Potentially terrible ideas are not out of the realm of possibility for Nintendo.

Black and White Remake in an HD2D style would be incredible. Hell, just remaster the original games. Imagine seeing the animated pokemon portraits in battle but they aren’t pixelated.

i dont say it is you, but i have seen a lot of argument of people going back and forth using the article as source to make one possibility more valid than the other when both are valid as right now, P4blo jump first when nexon said "exactly" when he was talking about his own opinion not saying it was a fact either, even what Eurogamer said is just a possibility because they never stated it was anything else than a consideration from Nintendo part, what Eurogamer said could be end up being true or not, but still not even themselves are sure of is what will end up happening so still everything is open to end up happening
This whole point is rather irrelevant to what I was directing towards Neoxon, no? Seems your gripe was with p4blo and your comments would've been better suited to be directed towards him to something he said.

I'm just telling Neoxon he's wrong and backing that up. All this other stuff about what's pointing to H1 or H2 is just noise at this point. We've beat it into the ground.

I'm saying at what point do they give up on cramming it in a "portable"
Why would they do that when they designed the processor after deciding it would go into a portable system, are you under the impression they design a chip first then decide where to shove it later?

Never because home consoles suck and Sony & Microsoft have that corner of the market covered. Better that Nintendo plays to their strengths which has always been handhelds, especially when their home console sales were flagging.

NIntendo has no shot at competing with Microsoft and Sony on the dedicated non-portable console market these days. That market requires selling hardware at a substantial loss for the first few years, which nintendo has never been willing to do to the degree that Microsoft and Sony do.

I know Centro's track record is iffy, though this isn't their information. It comes from "Riddler_Khu.". It looks like Black and White remakes could happen next year.
Original Source
A little more context (YT Video)

If this is accurate, then I think this means the launch of new hardware isn't in November 2024, which is the probable month such games would be released (They tend to have yearly mainline releases, it's been three years since BDSP, the team who worked on that could easily be "ready" to release another set of remakes next year.). I don't see them releasing a system the same month we get these remakes. They've never launched a system with a mainline Pokemon game before, let alone a remake of one. I think people either heard or are expecting the 3D Mario to be the launch game if it isn't Prime 4, and I don't think they would want to cram a 3D Mario, Black and White remakes, and a new console release in the same month, especially if they want to avoid stock problems. I don't think people were expecting it to be in November anyway, for the most part.

If Riddler_Khu has a spotty history as well, please let me know. I'm pretty sure they don't, but I'm not entirely sure.

Called it.
Pokémon B&W for sure.

I don't know where to ask but...

Do you think that if the current Switch outsells the PS2 and DS and becomes the most successful console of all time (in terms of sales) would be a selling point for the Switch 2?

Do you think it's something Nintendo is interested in?
No. One of the main things the marketing has to do is convince people the system is better than the existing Switch.

Apple M1 looks very interesting. Is it possible that they could use 4P/4E cores instead of 6P? Having E cores dedicated to system could be great for battery life.

Regarding Pokémon, I recall that at the beginning of the year a leak revealed the entire Pokémon Presents and also mentioned a next-gen patch for Pokémon SV coming out with the last part of the DLC in 2024. 👀

You don't say “I'd like to keep working with Nintendo however I'm able.”

If it's not a hint, Nintendo is very particular about its series. They wouldn't even let Kit and Krysta wear a Smash t-shirt because they were worried it was hitting at a new Smash leading up to the unviel of Ulitmate.
Samurai can say whatever he wants, he's not on Nintendos payroll.

Whatever I'm done with arguing about this. I don't think it was a hint, the future may prove me right or wrong. You likewise.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Assuming these are real exports, then yes, they're old. SLT boards are something that would have been shipped in 2022, not this year when devkits are already going out.

And no, none of the information present on that site indicates foundry/node. I think I've found this site when Googling before and just ignored it because it didn't have any meaningful information.

FUNCTIONAL TEST PCA BOARDS E2423 TS1 SKU1099 T239 CVM SLT 128BIT 2 699-12423-1099-TS1 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING PURP
  • FUNCTIONAL TEST PCA BOARDS: Self-explanatory. PCA = printed circuit assembly.
  • E2423: This kind of looks like Nvidia's Tegra board product numbers, but with an E (engineering/early?) instead of P (production?). These product numbers are apparently not sequential.
  • TS1/TS2/TS3: Revision number. Testing/sample?
  • CVM: Not sure what the CV stands for, but it basically just means the SoC module (M).
  • SLT: System-level test.
  • 128BIT: I have no idea why this is even in the description. 128-bit... bus?
  • 2: It's a two.
  • 699-12423-1099-TS1/TS2/TS3: Full product code, mostly repeated information plus the 699 prefix which Nvidia uses for certain things.

Last edited:
yo evidence for 8nm? time to take it at face value and assume it's real without any critical thought. been awhile since this thread has had some good dooming. so, ahem. It's SO fucking over. The Switch 2 is DEAD.

Assuming these are real exports, then yes, they're old. SLT boards are something that would have been shipped in 2022, not this year when devkits are already going out.

And no, none of the information present on that site indicates foundry/node. I think I've found this site when Googling before and just ignored it because it didn't have any meaningful information.

FUNCTIONAL TEST PCA BOARDS E2423 TS1 SKU1099 T239 CVM SLT 128BIT 2 699-12423-1099-TS1 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING PURP
  • FUNCTIONAL TEST PCA BOARDS: Self-explanatory. PCA = printed circuit assembly.
  • E2423: This kind of looks like Nvidia's Tegra board product numbers, but with an E (engineering/early?) instead of P (production?). These product numbers are apparently not sequential.
  • TS1/TS2/TS3: Revision number. Testing/sample?
  • CVM: Not sure what the CV stands for, but it basically just means the SoC module (M).
  • SLT: System-level test.
  • 128BIT: I have no idea why this is even in the description. 1288-bit... bus?
  • 2: It's a two.
  • 699-12423-1099-TS1/TS2/TS3: Full product code, mostly repeated information plus the 699 prefix which Nvidia uses for certain things.
Thanks. I was worried for a moment those entries actually were for Samsung's T239 tablet.

I cannot find the entry in the website that Connor's tweet referred to, but based on that screenshot, there isn't anything interesting either it would seem. Odd that Connor said "8nm confirmed".

yo evidence for 8nm? time to take it at face value and assume it's real without any critical thought. been awhile since this thread has had some good dooming. so, ahem. It's SO fucking over. The Switch 2 is DEAD.
As far as anyone can tell, there's no evidence or any explanation for Connor's conclusion for saying 8nm. As is known, Connor is unreliable.

Thanks. I was worried for a moment those entries actually were for Samsung's T239 tablet.

I cannot find the entry in the website that Connor's tweet referred to, but based on that screenshot, there isn't anything interesting either it would seem. Odd that Connor said "8nm confirmed".

As far as anyone can tell, there's no evidence or any explanation for Connor's conclusion for saying 8nm. As is known, Connor is unreliable.

it's called drama.

So a week ago I was ranting about the state of Nintendo Switch Online with constant disconnects in certain games (Splatoon 2, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter Rise) that don't happen within any other games on any other platform (at all) but do on both the V2 and OLED Switches regardless of whether it's Wi-Fi or LAN being used, the advice given here was about changing the NAT type connection or something which I did do from B to A despite being a major pain in the arse to do and it must've made everything worse, because the disconnects now occur more frequently, I'm only after getting yet another Splatoon 3 matchmaking ban for a disconnection that occurred on my end following several 'One or more players disconnected shortly after the battle began' in a row where it was other players who disconnected

I've just deleted Splatoon and Mario Kart, cancelled my NSO renewal and will be selling all those games that depend on online multiplayer, I have absolutely no trust that any online improvements will be made going forward especially with NSO intended to carry over as-is, and the more I think about the fact that there's a paid subscription required to use an embarrassingly substandard, unreliable and shitty service that punishes players with matchmaking bans for being subject to its own volatility the more pissed off I get, so now I have to ask - is there any legal grounds here to make a formal complaint against Nintendo directly to the European Commission?
Sounds more like something for the NSO threads than the Future Hardware Speculation thread, but the answer is no, Nintendo's Online Service being shitty quality is not sufficient grounds for a lawsuit.

Ah, I didn't see that there was a different screenshot in their tweet: "FOC T239 SW DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM CARPA X1 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING PURPOSES." This has even less info and obviously doesn't identify the foundry/node.

"Carpa X1" is an interesting string. Just based on the context here, it might be a name for a T239 board w/ DDK? I can see that the above description is or has been on some of these shady-ass export/shipping aggregating websites, so it's probably just being paginated/filtered out now. I'm going to be linking to a very bad article here, from which absolutely no information should be drawn (seriously, don't even read it) just to highlight that somebody seems to have Googled and found this same description as of September 2022 at least -- and to be clear I'm just using that as evidence of the listings not being recent, not saying that's the date this shipment actually would have happened.

So a week ago I was ranting about the state of Nintendo Switch Online with constant disconnects in certain games (Splatoon 2, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter Rise) that don't happen within any other games on any other platform (at all) but do on both the V2 and OLED Switches regardless of whether it's Wi-Fi or LAN being used, the advice given here was about changing the NAT type connection or something which I did do from B to A despite being a major pain in the arse to do and it must've made everything worse, because the disconnects now occur more frequently, I'm only after getting yet another Splatoon 3 matchmaking ban for a disconnection that occurred on my end following several 'One or more players disconnected shortly after the battle began' in a row where it was other players who disconnected

I've just deleted Splatoon and Mario Kart, cancelled my NSO renewal and will be selling all those games that depend on online multiplayer, I have absolutely no trust that any online improvements will be made going forward especially with NSO intended to carry over as-is, and the more I think about the fact that there's a paid subscription required to use an embarrassingly substandard, unreliable and shitty service that punishes players with matchmaking bans for being subject to its own volatility the more pissed off I get, so now I have to ask - is there any legal grounds here to make a formal complaint against Nintendo directly to the European Commission?
why do you keep posting about this in the Next Gen Technology thread?

Ah, I didn't see that there was a different screenshot in their tweet: "FOC T239 SW DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM CARPA X1 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING PURPOSES." This has even less info and obviously doesn't identify the foundry/node.

"Carpa X1" is an interesting string. Just based on the context here, it might be a name for a T239 board w/ DDK? I can see that the above description is or has been on some of these shady-ass export/shipping aggregating websites, so it's probably just being paginated/filtered out now. I'm going to be linking to a very bad article here, from which absolutely no information should be drawn (seriously, don't even read it) just to highlight that somebody seems to have Googled and found this same description as of September 2022 at least -- and to be clear I'm just using that as evidence of the listings not being recent, not saying that's the date this shipment actually would have happened.
I think the sole thing that "confirms" 8 nm, was that it was first tweeted by a Korean person.

Interesting about Capra X1. So the article was from September 2022 at least.

Would there have been devkits with T239 SoCs in September 2022? Considering there was tape out rumored to have happened mid-2022, would the timeline fit?

Quoted by: LiC
From more searching around these aggregators, I found other listings, like this one for a 4080 (PG139-360):

FOC COMPUTER GRAPHICS CARD PCA PG139 TS2 SKU0360 256BIT 16GB X16 GDDR6X 699 1G139 0360 TS2 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTIN

Based on the 256BIT here and 4080s having a 256-bit memory bus, that would indicate that 128BIT does indeed mean a 128-bit memory bus for T239. But that had already been inferred long ago, score another one for Thraktor.

Also, this 4080 listing has a date in May 2023, which is definitely not the date of any shipment for 4080 test boards (4080 was released in November 2022), so that underscores how the information on these websites is not reliable. The product descriptions are probably real, but the rest may be junk.

I think the sole thing that "confirms" 8 nm, was that it was first tweeted by a Korean person.
If I had to guess why they're saying that, it's basically the notion that confirmation of T239's existence as a model number = confirmation of everything kopite ever said about it, and they're just literally not aware that we already had all the confirmation in the world that T239 exists and is already being manufactured.

Interesting about Capra X1. So the article was from September 2022 at least.

Would there have been devkits with T239 SoCs in September 2022? Considering there was tape out rumored to have happened mid-2022, would the timeline fit?
Like I said, all that happened in September 2022 is that the author of this article started googling T239 and stumbled across these listings, much like Connor seems to have just done. September is when the Linux commits were discovered, particularly the CPU core one, so there was a lot of talk about it at that time, hence this article.

I personally believe is that T239 existed at least as samples in early 2022, and was finalized sometime that year, but don't think it should be connected to this article (which is why I was very clear about why I was mentioning it).

KittyYYuko? I don’t get it. What does the shipment screenshots have to do with KittyYYuko’s tweet from a while ago?
I meant the tweet you linked. I don't know, I don't see anything else linking this to Korea or Samsung.

Edit: or what Lic said, makes more sense.

From more searching around these aggregators, I found other listings, like this one for a 4080 (PG139-360):

FOC COMPUTER GRAPHICS CARD PCA PG139 TS2 SKU0360 256BIT 16GB X16 GDDR6X 699 1G139 0360 TS2 FOR DEVELOPMENT AND TESTIN

Based on the 256BIT here and 4080s having a 256-bit memory bus, that would indicate that 128BIT does indeed mean a 128-bit memory bus for T239. But that had already been inferred long ago, score another one for Thraktor.

Also, this 4080 listing has a date in May 2023, which is definitely not the date of any shipment for 4080 test boards (4080 was released in November 2022), so that underscores that the information on these websites is not reliable.

If I had to guess why they're saying that, it's basically the notion that confirmation of T239's existence as a model number = confirmation of everything kopite ever said about it, and they're just literally not aware that we already had all the confirmation in the world that T239 exists and is already being manufactured.

Like I said, all that happened in September 2022 is that the author of this article started googling T239 and stumbled across these listings, much like Connor seems to have just done. September is when the Linux commits were discovered, particularly the CPU core one, so there was a lot of talk about it at that time, hence this article.

I personally believe is that T239 existed at least as samples in early 2022, and was finalized sometime that year, but don't think it should be connected to this article (which is why I was very clear about why I was mentioning it).
Got it. I did not even realize T239s probably existed significantly earlier than mid-2022.

I was thinking of that LinkedIn engineer (the one with resume that Doctre81 found) supposedly working on a 5nm nvidia project (unknown if it was T239), his job with Siliconus ended October 2022. I guess I had kind of set in my mind the tape out was done around October 2022.

why do you keep posting about this in the Next Gen Technology thread?
I have posted this twice, including what you responded to as that is the follow-up to the original post, I have also seen your name appear in here frequently opining on things absolutely irrelevant to any form of next gen technology so glass houses and all that

Sounds more like something for the NSO threads than the Future Hardware Speculation thread, but the answer is no, Nintendo's Online Service being shitty quality is not sufficient grounds for a lawsuit.
Not a lawsuit, a complaint to the European Commission

I have posted this twice, including what you responded to as that is the follow-up to the original post, I have also seen your name appear in here frequently opining on things absolutely irrelevant to any form of next gen technology so glass houses and all that
Yeah, I join in on the conversations that happen in here that are irrelevant to the general topic of the thread, but the conversation is often already away from tech. Coming in here to vent about your internet problems when no one else is discussing it isn't really the same. There's a general Nintendo discussion thread also pinned at all times, just go there.

Yeah, I join in on the conversations that happen in here that are irrelevant to the general topic of the thread, but the conversation is often already away from tech. Coming in here to vent about your internet problems when no one else is discussing it isn't really the same. There's a general Nintendo discussion thread also pinned at all times, just go there.
Right, so we've established a baseline level of acceptability for off-topic posting for the avoidance of any hypocrisy in future, and following that logic of yours my follow-up post is a continuation of a conversation from last week where the offered solutions haven't worked having now been tried and resulting in the problem worsening - not as a result of my 'internet problems' by the way, since these problems are isolated to one particular platform, as stated within both relevant posts

Jog on lad

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom