• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Lol one message just translated for me "some people in famis sick building said…"
I love to imagine this place to be a sick building.
I got that too, and had a chuckle 😅

But I couldn't leave it alone, so I fiddled with the translator until I had isolated which words were translating as "sick building" and it was "病栋," which can also apparently translate as "ward" or "wing," as in a hospital.

So depending on how you look at it they might just be calling us another wing of the speculation interwebs, not necessarily insulting us, I hope 😅

I like permaban being translated as "sealed forever." The uncle was sealed away, but in 1000 years, adventurers who seek the truth will find him and break the seal.
rita-repulsa-funny.gif

I don’t think they need to worry about lost sales this Xmas, they will sell a majority of their Switch consoles this year in H1 with a Mario bundle timed with the movie and once Zelda launches.

If they don’t have any big hitters lined up for the second half of this year then I think they are content with the sales they’ll get in H1 2023 and then they can slow down, release a few HD ports, DLC and Pikmin 4 to end the year and then have a big Switch 2 reveal in October for a March 2024 launch.

I like permaban being translated as "sealed forever." The uncle was sealed away, but in 1000 years, adventurers who seek the truth will find him and break the seal.
"Why did they let the info leak? Nintendo doesn't care..."

Immediately gets ninja'd

_DSC4191.jpg

They can't constantly worry about losing sales for the current model, or they are just going to end up losing customers on the long run. If a new model is planned for this year, which I don't believe, they will have to reveal it before summer in my opinion. Doing so while riding the Zelda highs is as good as any moment, especially since they will show Zelda running in the best possible conditions. And whichever game they will plan to release alongside the new machine (Mario 3D is my guess, much more than crossgen Metroid) won't really interfere with TOTK anyway.

I got that too, and had a chuckle 😅

But I couldn't leave it alone, so I fiddled with the translator until I had isolated which words were translating as "sick building" and it was "病栋," which can also apparently translate as "ward" or "wing," as in a hospital.

So depending on how you look at it they might just be calling us another wing of the speculation interwebs, not necessarily insulting us, I hope 😅

rita-repulsa-funny.gif
“病栋” is "Asylum" in English. It is not insultin. They use this phrase to call all the Nintendo Speculation & Discussion thread. That op is titled "NINTENDO ASYLUM Branch 9”

“病栋” is "Asylum" in English. It is not insultin. They use this phrase to call all the Nintendo Speculation & Discussion thread. That op is titled "NINTENDO ASYLUM Branch 9”
I mean I know that the quick apple translation of my iPhone is less than accurate and I didn‘t got it as an insult. But it is funny and interesting to get the meaning through the context. It‘s like solving a puzzle.

Dunno, i still don't buy the Pokemon leak. I mean, i buy the Pokemon stuff as that was 1:1 info from the Presents, but everything else.

Even that new stuff about "new gimmick/way to Tera a Pokemon" is something you could come up yourself from the Presents videos given the DLC1 is about masks, the big thing with the DLC1 legendary is that is wears one and that the announcement live-action trailer showed Power Ranger-like masks from those three new Pokemon.
So yeah, here's me saying those new Pokemon and the legendary don't Tera via orb like usual, but via masks.

Don't get me wrong, i still expect [REDRAKETED] to launch within Nintendos FY2024, i just don't believe Pokemon leaker is a dev and has just seen the Presents videos/PR early. ^^

One of the chinese uncles was banned on their board? Either someone was fed up with them talking bullshit or there was some legit stuff in those posts.
Sadly, we will never know what it is.

Nintendo Swatch

A certain company in Swiss readying their lawyers for the battle against Nintendo's lawyer-ninjas.

People expected TotK to be the launch game because that's what Nintendo did last time, but that's just recency bias speaking. Historically, Mario platformers and tech demo games are more closely associated with being the launch titles of Nintendo consoles. 3D Zelda is an option they added recently, but that doesn't mean the other options aren't still on the table.

Also, looking at the development history of TotK, launching it this close to hardware doesn't really seem to have been the original intent. We know it was delayed out of 2022, but previous internal delays seem likely with the original announcement so close to the start of the pandemic.

Yes, but I don't think it relevant today what Nintendo was doing around 30 years ago, on other hand 2 from last 3 consoles were launched with cross gen Zelda game.
Like I wrote, offcourse its not only option but its great option, and if Switch 2 is really launching this year, Nintendo would hardly miss opportunity that Zelda TotK made launch game for Switch 2.

Plans change all the time especially from Covid, but I am pretty sure they had idea when Switch 2 will be launched (most likely not this year) when they announce latest release date for Zelda TotK.

Last edited:
switch 2 is actually the worst choice. it communicates that nintendo has no interest in creativity or progress in their hardware

"the old thing but again, please buy it" is the antithesis of nintendo and I'll be very nervous about the company if that's the direction they go in communicating the device. even a simple power upgrade should be conveyed in a way that doesn't condemn their future

Worst?

It simple and clear, it comunicate that its next generation of very popular Switch console. But just naming it "Switch 2" doesnt mean there will not be new features and options (so that we dont talking only about stronger hardware). Even Wii U would be sold better if Nintendo naming it simple Wii 2 instead of Wii U.

Also, Switch concept and unified platform is here to stay, later after Switch 2, we could easily have Switch 3, instead every generation having new/different naming that are always risky when comes to Nintendo.

Last edited:
Damn Jeff is 45% on it coming this year? I mean one of the thoughts of why Nintendo is being odd with their announcements was because Switch 2 was coming this holiday. 3D Mario will be the launch title.

Nate and others gotta hear stuff in the next couple of months if it’s coming this year.
If that's Fire Emblem's 45% crit rate, then it will crit.

Lol one message just translated for me "some people in famis sick building said…"
Yeah, '病栋' means a Nintendo discussion thread filled with fans waiting for big annoncements. Back to 2020, the covid period, there was not even a single regular direct during whole year and It drove the Nintendo fans there crazy. People gathered in one thread where filled with moans and whines, just like wards in hospitals. So people started using '病栋' for Nintendo discussion thread.

Last edited:
It’s even better in reverse.

“Legend speaks of a great evil, an unholy darkness which once ruled the land with baleful hate. Only after a great battle did the ancient heroes overcome this foe, permabanned deep within the heart of the mountain.”

Nintendo is just weird in this case with announcment, PlayStation and Xbox were not afraid of a drop in sales and they start talking about the next generation in 2019

Nintendo is just weird in this case with announcment, PlayStation and Xbox were not afraid of a drop in sales and they start talking about the next generation in 2019
Nintendo still hasn't quite caught up to them in terms of subscription revenue and other revenue streams so they're a bit more susceptible to that dip than MS/Sony are.

• Nintendo announces no plans after July 2023, every single game minus Prime 4 accounted for
  • Pokémon DLC leaker mentioned next gen patch for (latest) Q1 2024
  • Grubb starts hearing rumors of rumors (not much but not nothing)
  • Factory uncle and thread, potentially leaking info of next gen Switch factory development for over a year, get mega bombed suddenly right now of all times with the phrase "ninja" being dropped in relation. The last thing they mentioned was Nintendo completing all trial testings for the new parts and are just waiting to give the approval of mass production
  • Murmurs spin of a bunch of developers getting their hands on dev kits, so much so that oldpuck, one of our own kind, had to bow out

Guys

1413859446524.gif

The happening meter has begun to move

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone outside of Nintendo and chinese official who're in charge for it would know about the reason the factory uncle was banned.

While it's POSSIBLE it happend like this, it's just as possible that the Weibo mods/admins were sick of that persons bullshit.

We shouldn't push that tweet as a fact.

• Nintendo announces no plans after July 2023, every single game minus Prime 4 accounted for
  • Pokémon DLC leaker mentioned next gen patch for (latest) Q1 2024
  • Grubb starts hearing rumors of rumors (not much but not nothing)
  • Factory uncle and thread, potentially leaking info of next gen Switch factory development for over a year, get mega bombed suddenly right now of all times
  • Murmurs spin of a bunch of developers getting their hands on dev kits, so much so that oldpuck, one on our own kind, had to bow out

Guys

1413859446524.gif

The happening meter has begun to move
Lmao for the first time it’s starting to feel real.

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom