• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

As a reminder, the leak said the patch was releasing alongside DLC2, not that either of them were releasing alongside the hardware. So whatever winter 2023 or early 2024 means or whatever date it ends up being, that would just be a maximum date for the hardware launch, and it could happen any time before that. Like, oh, I don't know, holiday 2023 or something.

Still not buying the leak though. The unconfirmed part about the new Terastal mechanic doesn't seem terribly hard to guess, and doesn't prove knowledge of hardware plans even if true.
So we should fully expect dataminers to go after that Winter 23' Pokemon update combing over every piece of information that might reveal bread crumbs to the Next Switch. Who knows by that time the thing might already be announced!

So we should fully expect dataminers to go after that Winter 23' Pokemon update combing over every piece of information that might reveal bread crumbs to the Next Switch. Who knows by that time the thing might already be announced!
If that leak holds water, the new Switch would already be out before the DLC drops.

Which seems likely.

I'm aware that this may have been discussed in the past and has little bearing on today's subject, but it just came to me; one major factor against BC the succ, as stated by Modern Vintage Gamer, is the browser that the Switch uses. I forgot the details behind his reasoning, but the gist of it was that it would make implementing BC to the succ more of a hassle than it would be worth. I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be regarding this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it was said on of his videos or on Nate's podcast.

An announcement scheduled for tomorrow (March 2)? my friend sends me tweets from people who seem to be teasing something
As much as I HUGELY DOUBT that'll be significant but tommorow seems like a likely reveal date for SOMETHING. Be it ZOLED, Mario bundle, next gen, or all of the above.

I'm aware that this may have been discussed in the past and has little bearing on today's subject, but it just came to me; one major factor against BC the succ, as stated by Modern Vintage Gamer, is the browser that the Switch uses. I forgot the details behind his reasoning, but the gist of it was that it would make implementing BC to the succ more of a hassle than it would be worth. I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be regarding this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it was said on of his videos or on Nate's podcast.
The web browser the Nintendo Switch uses has nothing to do with the viability of backwards compatibility since a web browser is a software application, and the viability of backwards compatibility is a hardware issue, not a software issue. In fact, MVG never mentioned anything about a web browser being the obstacle for backwards compatibility, but rather the GPU. (I don't think backwards compatibility is as difficult as MVG implies, especially since I think Nintendo's more than fine with 99.9% backwards compatibility, which is achievable without having to integrate the Tegra X1 into the motherboard of Nintendo's new hardware.)

Yeah. I meant next Gen hardware.
If someone is teasing "something", though, people wouldn't be excited or teasing anything re: MAR10.

I don't think Pacobob is lying, either.

ZOLED announcement tommorow?

Something is being announced anyway.

A ZOLED announcement needs to happen sooner than later. Aren't the OLED consoles announced two months in advance?

The web browser the Nintendo Switch uses has nothing to do with the viability of backwards compatibility since a web browser is a software application, and the viability of backwards compatibility is a hardware issue, not a software issue. In fact, MVG never mentioned anything about a web browser being the obstacle for backwards compatibility, but rather the GPU. (I don't think backwards compatibility is as difficult as MVG implies, especially since I think Nintendo's more than fine with 99.9% backwards compatibility, which is achievable without having to integrate the Tegra X1 into the motherboard of Nintendo's new hardware.)
Yeah, that was it, the GPU (though, I could have sworn he talked about the browser at some point, maybe I'm misremembering). I just couldn't put my finger on it, since I haven't heard him talk about it in a while. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not aware of anyone saying anything about the web browser and BC. Usually the sticking point is GPU emulation, which like, won't be trivial, but probably isn't the insurmountable barrier some make it out to be.

tomorrow would be a splendid day for the zoled

a day before the first game's anniversary! a little under two months to release! it's time

Paywall but the thread highlights part of the article. Investors, as always, don't like uncertainty and it appears that the "uncharted territory" term has them riled.

#NintendoDoomed

caos-bob.gif

The funny thing is if Nintendo discussed their successor plans too early then hardware sales would drop further and investors would be pissed anyway. You can't really win in this situation, should just be temporary though.

Buy the dip, farm dividends for X time to pay for Y years of NSO+Expansion Pack, sell on a strong peak year of the [REDACTED]'s lifecycle, and reap enough profit to pay for at least a few systems?

Paywall but the thread highlights part of the article. Investors, as always, don't like uncertainty and it appears that the "uncharted territory" term has them riled.

#NintendoDoomed

EcuX6dgWkAAb5k4.jpg

Lol at seeing investors/analysts act the same as some Nintendo fans, where they think business decisions get made based on pleasing them personally. There will be no "signs of a successor" until Nintendo is ready to fully reveal and announce it in the context they want to, not as some PR statement to keep a crowd of fickle gamblers happy.

Just jumping in to say if something gets announced tomorrow, it's 100% the Zelda OLED. Splatoon had 64 days between the OLED announcement and the release of the game and Pokemon had 72. That same time frame for Zelda would be anywhere from March 1st to March 9th.

Wow, Nintendo's revenue from mobile is less now than it was in 2017? Is it accurate to say that Nintendo's mobile efforts have been a failure?

There's Pokemon Go and everything else, and PoGo is really more TPC and Niantic. Super Mario Run fizzled. I guess MK Tour still does well?

Either way Nintendo's not really releasing new mobile games anymore.

Wow, Nintendo's revenue from mobile is less now than it was in 2017? Is it accurate to say that Nintendo's mobile efforts have been a failure?

There's Pokemon Go and everything else, and PoGo is really more TPC and Niantic. Super Mario Run fizzled. I guess MK Tour still does well?

Fire Emblem Heroes does well too.

But yeah, killing Doctor Mario and Dragalia Lost recently probably didn't help

I'd argue Nintendo never really tried to make mobile a pillar. so mobile declining isn't a problem for them. I do with they did more with Dragalia Lost as an IP though

I mean if the past 5 years have taught me is that only a handful of mobile games actually become big money makers anymore, I don't even remember the last time I heard anyone talk about clash of clans or angry birds

Last edited:
I think people are misunderstanding/misinterpreting what DLC2 means. It doesn’t mean “there will be a second DLC”, this is supposedly from a translation.

DLC2 = Wave 2 of the DLC

DLC2=/= a second set of DLC. The 4Chan poster is doing a follow up of what they established from the original post. They aren’t claiming a second DLC.

Yes.

YES!

Protocol is never wrong!

The factory uncle from china forum has been permanently banned today for no reason and the discuss thread was also being deleted, their mod warn them no more discuss anything illegal leak information

Is the ninja working?

The factory uncle from china forum has been permanently banned today for no reason and the discuss thread was also being deleted, their mod warn them no more discuss anything illegal leak information

Is the ninja working?
If it is, it basically confirms everything was real.

#NintendoDoomed

I mean they are not wrong considering what they‘re interested in.

Last edited:

Is the ninja working?
The OP literally mentioned 'ninja' in the new thread.

The story before is omitted and I'd like to express my deepest condolences (to the factory uncle). Let's discuss it (info from the unle) as if it were a message from another channel, be aware of personal information issues, and watch out for ninjas here.

link

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom