• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

First time for you maybe
ERibxXNW4AAiYIH.jpg

DeepL translation:

"And the Chinese "Factory Uncle" leaker has been permanently banned from the Weibo forum in the country apparently at Nintendo's request alleging "illegal information leakage"

This exponentially increases the veracity of the latest new hardware rumours"

DeepL translation:

"And the Chinese "Factory Uncle" leaker has been permanently banned from the Weibo forum in the country apparently at Nintendo's request alleging "illegal information leakage"

famiboards -> Internet -> famiboards

Is it that of the oled zelda switch?

And here we go.

The Switch [REDACTED] production lines are ready.

We did it, everyone.

It's finally about to happen...

Whenever Nintendo feels like advertising it.

Being mindful that Switch was revealed a few days or weeks before manufacturing started fully, and the production lines are ready, that reveal would be "now", but I definitely doubt it happening "soon". By the end of the month? May, after TOTK? JULY would be pushing it if they'd already gone into full production by then, which seems likely.

And here we go.

We did it, everyone.

Being mindful that Switch was revealed a few days or weeks before manufacturing started fully, and the production lines are ready, that reveal would be "now", but I definitely doubt it happening "soon". By the end of the month? May, after TOTK? JULY would be pushing it if they'd already gone into full production by then, which seems likely.

ITS HAPPENING, THE END OF THE PATH IS NEAR

Tears for the Uncle

a minutes silence for the brave souls who brought us random bits of unverifiable information. at least it seems like something might be happening now, the Zelda delay was the last time it felt like it was potentially close. there's no way they keep everyone quiet when the train starts moving, hence the latest leaks.

And here we go.

We did it, everyone.

isnt that just the same we already had here?
Yeah, with the mario bundle and the TotK OLED i don't see it being announced just now.
And i know, they can announce that while the next platform is on its way.
Just doesnt feel right.

isnt that just the same we already had here?
Yeah, with the mario bundle and the TotK OLED i don't see it being announced just now.
And i know, they can announce that while the next platform is on its way.
Just doesnt feel right.
New Nintendo 2DS XL special editions were announced AFTER Switch launched.

You never know what Nintendo will do.

Tears for the Uncle

a minutes silence for the brave souls who brought us random bits of unverifiable information. at least it seems like something might be happening now, the Zelda delay was the last time it felt like it was potentially close. there's no way they keep everyone quiet when the train starts moving, hence the latest leaks.
I think Zelda's timing was a result of more than a few development stumbles. If it wasn't for Zelda AND Mario movie missing the 2022 target, we'd be having an extremely quiet early 2023. Their marketing was pushed out months pretty last minute, while new console marketing has a schedule it has to stick to no matter what it threads on.

I think it helps that A, Mario Switch and Switch Redacted intentionally target completely different audiences, and B, Zelda will be playable on Switch Redacted the moment it launches.

DeepL translation:

This doesn't mean necessarily mean thee new switch information is correct. Nintendo may have came after them solely because they got the pokemon stuff 100% correct.

New Nintendo 2DS XL special editions were announced AFTER Switch launched.

You never know what Nintendo will do.
...which is exatly what i wrote? that they can announce it after?

Back then they tried to deny switch being the successor to 3DS with "plausible deniability".
Whats more is i dont expect them to announce 3 SKUs in what, 2 months?
It would make if the redacted was already announced, if the zelda one was already announced a month ago the mario now and the redacted then in late april, but all of them in march and april seems stuffed.

One curious thing to note from a marketing cycle..

Zelda BOTW and SMO were released more or less 8 months apart (early march to very late october)โ€ฆ

There can be a strong possibility that Nintendo releases a new 3D Tokyo EPD project 8/9 months after Zelda TOTK, that means january/februaryโ€ฆ

That would also coincide with the launch of new HW.

Nintendo marketing cycle the first 3 FY years clearly follows somekind of pattern:

First FY year (+ 1 month from FY0, 2016/17) 2017/18 was clearly aiming to attract nintendo home console players (basically all WiiU users..). Thats why they have ready a 3D Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, Splatoon, games with heavy use of motion controls (1 2 Switch and Arms) all titles generally associated with a home console.

Second FY 2018/19 IMO was originally very third party year with the idea to attract traditionally non-nintendo players but some plans fell through. Key titles were Octopath Traveler, Dark Souls, Fortnite and very likely the rumoured ports of GTAV and COD.

Third FY 2019/20 Nintendo idea was to release lots of popular titles that are โ€œsequelsโ€ of games released in N3DS to attract the portable console userbase. Thats why we got a new Fire Emblem, 2D Zelda, Luigis Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokรฉmonโ€ฆ

It would be very interesting to see what are Nintendoโ€™s idea for new HW plans.

contributing to the current hype wave is probably pretty irresponsible but don't forget that the Zelda OLED was ostensibly made half a year in advance

This doesn't mean necessarily mean thee new switch information is correct. Nintendo may have came after them solely because they got the pokemon stuff 100% correct.
No, this funcle had nothing to do with the Pokemon stuff. That was a different person on a different website.

I think Zelda's timing was a result of more than a few development stumbles. If it wasn't for Zelda AND Mario movie missing the 2022 target, we'd be having an extremely quiet early 2023. Their marketing was pushed out months pretty last minute, while new console marketing has a schedule it has to stick to no matter what it threads on.

I think it helps that A, Mario Switch and Switch Redacted intentionally target completely different audiences, and B, Zelda will be playable on Switch Redacted the moment it launches.
it just made too much sense at the time relative to the other info we had on the supposed release window. it's sounding increasingly like the 'insiders' were wrong on that and now again by writing off 2023. this is why the Uncle who deals in backplates is our most secure ally, mercilessly slayed on the battlefield.

so it sounds like even if it's not a 2023 release we'll be hearing things sooner rather than later. and with one Uncle slayed another potential hero is born.

with it having artwork and symbols that where not released yet but where confirmed by the artbook and special edition?
Yeah, only by someone that had insider knowledge months in advance...
highly unlikely.
Its real.
Ah didnt know that. Put all TOTK threads on ignore, when the arbook was leaked.

Ah didnt know that. Put all TOTK threads on ignore, when the arbook was leaked.
oh, yeah then. the symbols on the joy cons are also on the pins of the special edition. With that, the quality of the leak, the fact that the artbook is already printed so far in advance...yeah, seemingly the whole launch was planned for earlier and had to be pushed back, but its not easy to push physical products back in that way.

Nintendo is just weird in this case with announcment, PlayStation and Xbox were not afraid of a drop in sales and they start talking about the next generation in 2019
Nintendo announced in March 2010 they would reveal the 3DS in the E3 2010 and release in the fiscal year. They announced the Wii U at E3 2011. And they first talked about the NC in 2015, IIRC.

The idea of a very short period between acknowledgement to release came from the time many were expecting a revision not a successor, that it would release during Switch peak sales and that times have changed and they don't need long marketing build up anymore.

But if we go by precedents, there are good chances that in May they will inform investors when they will reveal and release the successor (if it releases next FY, that is).

I don't think it's against TOS unless the content being shared is behind HIDE tags.
Some of that info was at one point behind hide tags but I believe it has since made its way to normal discussion both here and elsewhere. Considering the info did not originate here, just one translation of it, I think it's fair to assume nobody stole it directly from a hide tag here.

Some of that info was at one point behind hide tags but I believe it has since made its way to normal discussion both here and elsewhere. Considering the info did not originate here, just one translation of it, I think it's fair to assume nobody stole it directly from a hide tag here.
Yep. It is a bit tacky either way, though.

Nintendo announced in March 2010 they would reveal the 3DS in the E3 2010 and release in the fiscal year. They announced the Wii U at E3 2011. And they first talked about the NC in 2015, IIRC.

The idea of a very short period between acknowledgement to release came from the time many were expecting a revision not a successor, that it would release during Switch peak sales and that times have changed and they don't need long marketing build up anymore.

But if we go by precedents, there are good chances that in May they will inform investors when they will reveal and release the successor (if it releases next FY, that is).
Back then they had 2 platforms, one could hold nintendos beer while the other gets a new launch. With that and the way announcements for tech products not happen, i don't see a point in looking at old patterns.
The whole marketing changed from Wii U to Switch, and then once again since the pandemic, E3 is dead, we have less regular directs, we had mario and metroid "physical shadowdrops" (2 weeks). We had a "home console" from nintendo that had revisions as a handheld... since its also their handheld.

They have an ongoing subscription service instead of virtual console, meaning they don't want people to drop off of that service.

Yeah, things have exchanged so much, i would expect the launch of the next platform to also happen on its own terms, and less bound to how they did it prior.
Heck, i don't believe in it, but i could see a "trade in" offer from them.

We'll see what they say in May

Respect to all y'all who keep riding the speculation train. Personally I can't get excited about "smoke" anymore.
Zelda in two months wooooo! - might have a monopoly on hammering my hype glands ATM.

That being said, congrats Oldpuck! =D (and godspeed, funcle)

contributing to the current hype wave is probably pretty irresponsible but don't forget that the Zelda OLED was ostensibly made half a year in advance
Yeah, it's fairly clear now that production lines have been cleared out.

Does anyone else think we might have inadvertently gotten funcle in trouble?

It's likely that website would have remained ultra obscure, if we hadn't brought attention to it.

Here to pay my respects to factory uncle.

Iโ€™m thinking news this year for a 2024 release, but not gonna get my hopes up too much. Been burned too many times!

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom