• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Seems VGC's updated their news to delete any DLSS 3.5 reference. Now it only reads "The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology".

“3.5” part has been taken out.
It was too good otherwise :( having frame generation would have been great more than the better RT performance 3.5 brings (ik frame generation is more for 60fps+ titles but just allowing Switch to run some modern games at 100fps+ due to it would have been great )

Now who will be the dev that can't resist the internet clout and spill the details? ^^
Come out come out wherever you are.

the-shining-heres-johnny.gif

There are no details about the exact resolution/framerates.

Yeah, that's just a guess.
Probably 4k, to showcase the 4k output, no way it is less, no use to show higher resolution even if possible.
60fps, it's just the most likely, I don't think they'll go with higher framerates

Anyway, just my 2 cents

With all the talk regarding the specs and comparing them with Series S and so on... like... maybe it's just me, but I'd have never expected to have the Matrix demo "visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles" - yes, delightful and impressive are really accurate adjectives.

With all the talk regarding the specs and comparing them with Series S and so on... like... maybe it's just me, but I'd have never expected to have the Matrix demo "visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles" - yes, delightful and impressive are really accurate adjectives.
DLSS about to carry the entire generation of this device.

Considering it's using Ray-tracing, one of the things i had big doubts about for the system, and apparently looks good... on-god we're in for a great console.

Still wondering if Nintendo will ever use RT in their games though. Probably a bit too annoying to get working for them, but we'll see.

I wonder what they mean by "comparable" in that VGC report. No way the console is anywhere close to the capabilities of the PS5. But I guess visuals have evolved more slowly and maybe games can look similar enough now.

I hated the Matrix demo. Kind of nauseating when the camera turned. That aside, was not expecting any form of that demo to show up on Switch 2. Neat.

Another VGC source claimed that Nintendo showcased Epic’s impressive The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo – originally released to showcase the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 – running on target specs for its next console.

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS 3.5 upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles.
They seem to have removed the DLSS 3.5 from the article.

So DLSS confirmed?
Seems like it. I do wonder if the "3.5" part was a genuine mistake, but I have a hard time believing that Nintendo wouldn't utilise it considering how helpful it seems to be.

We'll have to see how it goes at a later date. Regardless, it seems to be very helpful for the system.

I also wonder if we're going to get that "300% upscaling" thing that DLSS 2.1 had. That basically guarantees that the Switch 2 is a 4K System... albeit not native-4K.

I’ve been following this thread. No one has come out and said it was actually there and shown to developers. We just got told it wasn’t shown to press.

Also no one has said Nintendo is keen to release it earlier rather than later in the year so that’s also a new tidbit.

Just a strange downplay overall of an article that could really open the floodgates for leaks (Andy Robinson just hinted on Twitter that it could indeed lead to more articles).
Idk why he keeps doing this “oh well nothing new here except…” I mean it’s new info. The system will be revealed with a price and will he says “well nothing new here we knew it’s a switch 2 and speculated this price already…”

It was too good otherwise :( having frame generation would have been great more than the better RT performance 3.5 brings (ik frame generation is more for 60fps+ titles but just allowing Switch to run some modern games at 100fps+ due to it would have been great )
3.5 is ray tracing denoising not (necessarily) frame gen. If the demo did indeed feature ray tracing then 3.5 (without frame gen, just upscaling and denoising) would actually be the best technology to pull it off on mobile hardware.

Would like to see the Matrix demo. Nintendo should release it today. It's a more appealing show of force than the WII U bird in a tree demo I'm sure.
They areent ready to reveal the system yet the demo was only for developers to show what can be done

Holy shit what a bomb to wake up to. Since T239 is based on Ampere, I doubt REDACTED is using DLSS 3.x - I remember reading that requires dedicated hardware introduced with the 40-series. But it has performance comparable to 9th gen consoles? Holy shit...

So if we play it safe and assume 3.5 was a mistake - what does DLSS 3 do for the new console? Not very knowledgeable on any of it, apart from knowing it can help upscale to 4k.

I wonder if the ray tracing for Switch 2 will be really impressive for a hybrid system, or just be very primitive ray tracing, if much games can even use it.

So if we play it safe and assume 3.5 was a mistake - what does DLSS 3 do for the new console? Not very knowledgeable on any of it, apart from knowing it can help upscale to 4k.

Not an expert, but generally a higher version means it does stuff better and/or does more stuff than earlier versions. ^^

3.5 is ray tracing denoising not (necessarily) frame gen. If the demo did indeed feature ray tracing then 3.5 (without frame gen, just upscaling and denoising) would actually be the best technology to pull it off on mobile hardware.
I know 3.5 is RT but doesn’t DLSS 3.5 support mean DLSS3 is also supported? I thought all hardware that will support 3.5 supports 3

Seems like it. I do wonder if the "3.5" part was a genuine mistake, but I have a hard time believing that Nintendo wouldn't utilise it considering how helpful it seems to be.

We'll have to see how it goes at a later date. Regardless, it seems to be very helpful for the system.

I also wonder if we're going to get that "300% upscaling" thing that DLSS 2.1 had. That basically guarantees that the Switch 2 is a 4K System... albeit not native-4K.
If you think about it, 3.5 is basically raytracing. Frame generation I believe is 3.0 though of course it is included in 3.5 but it can be turned off.

I know 3.5 is RT but doesn’t DLSS 3.5 support mean DLSS3 is also supported? I thought all hardware that will support 3.5 supports 3
I believe it can be turned off so Nintendo can just skip frame generation and just include the raytracing feature.

I just thought that 3.5 was essentially a version number that came with a set feature. Hell, Frame Gen is only supported with the 40s GPUs from Nvidia while 3.5 is supported by all "RTX" series GPUs.

These articles are fine pieces of corroboration, but they're just so... low quality. A DLSS 3.5 assumption hurriedly taken out. "Target specs" is demonstrably wrong, Nintendo HAS final specs. "Target specs" would have been shown off two to three years ago.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the surprisingly positive comments were due to the Matrix demo. That part makes sense at least. The mention of a re-release is... misleading, I think. If anything a Breath of the Wild patch seems more likely.

I think the problem would be this Frame Generation thing from the DLSS 3 version, that is locked / exclusive to the newest GPUs.

But outside of that, i think DLSS 3 could be possible on ReDraketed?

Game Freak u better expand your damn studio right now

Would be too late already for the next Pokemon game, but not for the next after the next. ;D

Hardware thread we eating today

Game Freak u better expand your damn studio right now

I dont think this will effect the Pokemon games, they dont really care about hardware power they will release how they always release I feel even with the switch they didn't fully utilize all the power on that

I wonder what they mean by "comparable" in that VGC report. No way the console is anywhere close to the capabilities of the PS5. But I guess visuals have evolved more slowly and maybe games can look similar enough now.

It won't be literally on-par with PS5, but it does look set to maybe approach having 40% percent of its power in docked mode, combined with superior RT and upscaling technology. N4P ARM Ampere vs N7E x86 rDNA2, and it will be able to target lower resolutions while matching image quality.

I’ve been saying this since day one. DLSS is a huge deal and is literally black magic. Games should look on par with current gen. This isn’t just a PS4 pro. Raw power maybe but output will be vastly superior.

Last edited:
Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom