• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to notify that I see lots of people talking about the Dolphin as the emulator of NGC, but do not forget that Dolphin was originally the code name of the NGC.

EDIT: Jbone916 was faster than me...

It's not trolling, per se, but there's definitely a purposeful vagueness to some of their leaks. Again, I refer everyone to the Donkey Kong gif and its later reply.

All of his vague hints come to fruition though, he's always talking about something that will happen, whether we know what it is or not.

All of his vague hints come to fruition though, he's always talking about something that will happen, whether we know what it is or not.
Sure -- just a question of what those vague hints actually are. And I'm sure Pyoro enjoys that part of the game (hence the word "Dolphins," which I maintain is deliberately throwing people in the direction of Gamecube when it's really something else.)

can't believe we are going to get so much gretness in few days:

Endless Ocean HD
Ecco the Dolphin
Xenoblade Warriors
Eternal Darkness H(eternal)D(arkness)
Itadaki Street x Donkey Kong
Tomodatchi (sim)life (mutliplatform release day1 on PC too)
Pentiment
Hi-Fi Rush

without a single firts party internal team involved, to gear up the Switch 2 lineup!

Someone asks if Pyoro is hinting at Endless Ocean on Weibo and NS News Subo, a news account who has leaked a lot of stuff in the past (you can see their track record here: https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-announced-for-february-8th.5320/post-554584), says the original poster guessed it correctly.
oj5cs.jpeg

lmao

"Can we have Metroid Prime 2 and 3, Zelda WW+TP, F-Zero GX???"
Nintendo: "Here's Endless Ocean"
I mean after he said very clearly that he wasn't excited for the Partner Showcase idk why anyone would be expecting it to be something massive

I don't care for Endless Ocean but I know it's someone's jam so it will be nice to see it again after all this time.

Lmao I knew GameCube was too good to be true, glad I didn’t fall for it. Pyoro likes to throw people off a bit with their hints sometimes. Just a painful waiting game to see whenever we’ll get significant first-party news.

It depends on what it is. This could easily be something like F-Zero GX Remastered or Endless Ocean, which are partner games that will most likely be published by third parties somewhere.
I can see a remaster of GX published by Sega in Japan or a remaster of Assault published by Bamco in Japan.

But I’m probably hurting myself for nothing.

Well, it could just be remasters of the OG EO games - those would certainly be less of a risk on a series that isn't exactly blowing up the world in popularity.

... That won't stop me from hyping myself up for a new one, though.

Well, it could just be remasters of the OG EO games - those would certainly be less of a risk on a series that isn't exactly blowing up the world in popularity.

If Another code could get a remake, EO should too. Though, since the played the two previous i would like a new EO.

I can’t handle getting my hopes up for Endless Ocean… because if it ends up being wrong…

Considering the originals were SD Wii releases, if you made them HD with new textures and models? They would basically look like new games. I’m drooling imagining how pretty they might be…

If they are remastering/remaking Endless Ocean, then between that and Another Code I actually have massive respect for them greenlighting projects that are pretty much guaranteed to be insanely niche (not a knock on either franchise to be clear)

Endless Ocean is one of those old bombs where Nintendo might think the market is more interested in these games these days.

Basically like how Another Code came back after Life is Strange sold well.

Why is there all this overanalysis and bickering over what counts for a partner showcase? Isn't it just a game not developed by Nintendo? That can include use of Nintendo IP or games that are published by Nintendo. Are there any exceptions to that rule that have been in Partner Showcases in the past?

Gamers: omg preserve games and give us access to your old stuff

Nintendo: OK here are some underappreciated games in danger of being lost to history

Gamers: nooo not like that

yeah Nintendo's attitude to this stuff is all over the place

I'm definitely more interested in the sequel than the original Endless Ocean, so I'm hoping to see both!

Why is there all this overanalysis and bickering over what counts for a partner showcase? Isn't it just a game not developed by Nintendo? That can include use of Nintendo IP or games that are published by Nintendo. Are there any exceptions to that rule that have been in Partner Showcases in the past?
No exceptions, my problem is people expecting "high-tier" software like TTYD and FE4 to show up because "Intelligent Systems is a partner!" as an example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom