• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the market really be there for Endless Ocean when games like Dave The Diver and Subnautica exist?
I feel like neither of those are the exact niche that Endless Ocean seems to fill, from what people are saying

Abzu is probably the closer comparison?

Endless Ocean would be so much better as a Switch 2 thing....

Also the hint bothers me. Why not mention any other damn fish that has zero connection with the gamecube. Loading screen fish or not.

"I hear Nintendo likes salt water" is a better hint...

I hope more gamers donate their brains to science because I would love to know how one can conclude that because Endless Ocean getting a port or new games, then that means Nintendo isn't making "insert Gamecube port here".

The only thing disappointing about a new Endless Ocean would be it being on Switch 1 as opposed to Switch 2.

That series warrants maximum graphics more than Zelda, Mario and whatever else you consider "less disappointing". Not up for debate.

Fair, it's definitely a niche series that's not gonna be for everyone.

Frankly if Endless Ocean really is what Pyoro's hinting at, I'm even more shocked that Nintendo would take another chance on this than I was by the remakes of Another Code or Famicom Detective Club
At this point in the console’s lifetime and the variety of software it already has, it doesn’t surprise me they’re also bringing less comemrcial success focused games

Endless Ocean would be so much better as a Switch 2 thing....

Also the hint bothers me. Why not mention any other damn fish that has zero connection with the gamecube. Loading screen fish or not.

"I hear Nintendo likes salt water" is a better hint...
Pyoro just likes to troll honestly, I remember everyone getting hyped about the DK gif he posted before last Direct, thinking it was a new mainline title, and then we got Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Finally the partner showcase became interesting
aPrgX4-xBy1ToL23JY0TVhxYvlSIW_LuYINCqvnckGE_1920x1080_1x-0.jpg

Maybe Pyoro just doesn't know about the emulator?

Dolphin was the internal name for the gamecube. Between that and the emulator, The two words are very connected. IF pyoro doesn't know that and leaks stuff accurately that we don't know nor does other insiders report on....

Then I quit. lol

Investors: okay, so you delayed the Switch 2. What now? Please tell me you at least have enough software to make it through this year.

Nintendo: oh trust us, our supply is… endless.

"Nintendo loves dolphins" would be the least useful hint when Nintendo re-released three GameCube games last year and already has another scheduled this year.

If this is where the conversation is before the damn thing even airs I pray to Farore that lurkers flood the site on Wednesday and crash the servers because the takes will not be worth posting, let alone reading.

Investors: okay, so you delayed the Switch 2. What now? Please tell me you at least have enough software to make it through this year.

Nintendo: oh trust us, our supply is… endless.

4155727.jpg

"Nintendo loves dolphins" would be the least useful hint when Nintendo re-released three GameCube games last year and already has another scheduled this year.

If this is where the conversation is before the damn thing even airs I pray to Farore that lurkers flood the site on Wednesday and crash the servers because the takes will not be worth posting, let alone reading.

^^^

do you think if they made a new wave race they'd get one of the t-square ewi players on it

hell if nst made it maybe they'd get carlos eiene

the last three games of Arika are Tetris 99, pac-man 99 and mario 35... I like the idea of getting an Endless ocean 99

Arika couldn't do F ZERO 99 because they were doing Endless Ocean: Seven Seas Edition
yeah I figure maybe it cones from the early development of wave race blue storm and sunshine but shit maybe it's some technical reference or japanese pun
I think the GPU was already designed and codenamed Flipper before they settled on Dolphin as the codename for the console, if I remember correctly.

OK, how about this:

Endless Ocean 1+2 remasters at the Partner thing, GLORIOUS AND MOUTHWATERING Endless Ocean 3 with RTX Groupers on Switch 2.

Okay seriously though, I would kill for “graphical showcase Endless Ocean 3” at Switch 2 launch. It would be hilarious and yet oddly appropriate.

Okay seriously though, I would kill for “graphical showcase Endless Ocean 3” at Switch 2 launch. It would be hilarious and yet oddly appropriate.
The game is like a perfect graphical showcase. The only thing going against it is that I don't believe Arika's got the manpower, but if they do, it is literally fucking perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom